Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Edited By Snail

Never been much of a blogger.
I'll admit that much. But since people here at Giant Bomb seem to miss me (I know, I'm kinda surprised too), and since more and more old timers have either left the site or been victims of our beloved nazi mods, I decided to make a blog explaining my absence.

Fear not, Giant Bomb, I am still among you, and I do not plan to part with you any time soon. I, like many of you, am a Giant Bomb aficionado. I have been around even before what is entitled by the community as "Day One", the day when the site was launched as an actual website, rather than just a blog page. I created this account on August 1st 2008, and since, have posted many, many posts on the forums on a daily basis, watched thousands of videos, read hundreds of news articles, and read every review Giant Bomb submits (which unfortunately are only some decades). But, in the beginning of August, I began my biggest hiatus ever as a Giant Bomb user. I was amazed at how long I could survive without posting on the Giant Bomb forums, and I don't think I would have survived without the amazing Giant Bomb app.

So why did I start this hiatus? Do not think for a second this hiatus was intentional. Oh, heavens no. Two letters.

I.B.

For those of you who don't know the International Baccalaureate is a very, very hard diploma to get, that requires a lot of work. I began this hiatus due to Summer vacay, actually, and its subsequent travels and trips around the world.  It all began when I went to New York City for little more than just a week, then, upon my return to Portugal, I hit Algarve and stayed there for another two weeks and  a half. When I come back school starts. The IB starts... and you know the rest of it.

I have very little spare time, and you must understand that the activity that first comes to my mind is not "LOLOLOL!!!1!one! TURN ON TEH INTERNETZ AND POST ON GBBBBB!". Not anymore at least.

So basically, you will be seeing a lot less of Snail around the boards.
That's all I had to say.

xoxoxoxo,
shnail.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Snail

Never been much of a blogger.
I'll admit that much. But since people here at Giant Bomb seem to miss me (I know, I'm kinda surprised too), and since more and more old timers have either left the site or been victims of our beloved nazi mods, I decided to make a blog explaining my absence.

Fear not, Giant Bomb, I am still among you, and I do not plan to part with you any time soon. I, like many of you, am a Giant Bomb aficionado. I have been around even before what is entitled by the community as "Day One", the day when the site was launched as an actual website, rather than just a blog page. I created this account on August 1st 2008, and since, have posted many, many posts on the forums on a daily basis, watched thousands of videos, read hundreds of news articles, and read every review Giant Bomb submits (which unfortunately are only some decades). But, in the beginning of August, I began my biggest hiatus ever as a Giant Bomb user. I was amazed at how long I could survive without posting on the Giant Bomb forums, and I don't think I would have survived without the amazing Giant Bomb app.

So why did I start this hiatus? Do not think for a second this hiatus was intentional. Oh, heavens no. Two letters.

I.B.

For those of you who don't know the International Baccalaureate is a very, very hard diploma to get, that requires a lot of work. I began this hiatus due to Summer vacay, actually, and its subsequent travels and trips around the world.  It all began when I went to New York City for little more than just a week, then, upon my return to Portugal, I hit Algarve and stayed there for another two weeks and  a half. When I come back school starts. The IB starts... and you know the rest of it.

I have very little spare time, and you must understand that the activity that first comes to my mind is not "LOLOLOL!!!1!one! TURN ON TEH INTERNETZ AND POST ON GBBBBB!". Not anymore at least.

So basically, you will be seeing a lot less of Snail around the boards.
That's all I had to say.

xoxoxoxo,
shnail.
Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By Pie

Yes! Please dont moan about the good old days even though its only been a year

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snail
@Pie said:
" Yes! Please dont moan about the good old days even though its only been a year "
A year is a lot in internet days.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#4  Edited By AgentJ

Oh good, we have Snail back again! Now he can go take a gander at how far my list obsession has progressed. (no really, go check out my lists)

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Snail
@AgentJ: I don't want to. I'm scared.

oh God why am I doing this?.. *checks*.

OH SHI--
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

I is still be here. Youz be gone long time. People gots hurt and leaves.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By Linkyshinks

Well you should concentrate on what's really important, and that may well require you to be in the right frame of mind in approach to your work. Good luck with it and enjoy ingraining yourself back into a life of study.

I understand how you feel...but I wont taint this thread.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By RichardLOlson

welcome back.

Lowbrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Lowbrow
@Snail: 

I remember IB back in highschool - its a fat pain in the dick - plain and simple.

I shall pray for you Mr. Snail.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#10  Edited By AgentJ
@Snail said:
" @AgentJ: I don't want to. I'm scared.   ... oh God why am I doing this?.. *checks*.  OH SHI-- "
Yes, my lists have developed to the point where they can physically harm GB users. *cackle*
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Nazi Mods? I thought I was on Giant Bomb...

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Seedofpower
@Pie said: I miss your old Icon.

Oh and good look with your work duder.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gizmo
@Snail said:

you must understand that the activity that first comes to my mind is not "LOLOLOL!!!1!one! TURN ON TEH INTERNETZ AND POST ON GBBBBB!".

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By choffy21

Hooray! We were beginning to think that our plan to rid ourselves of you wouldn't work...

Death_Unicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By Death_Unicorn

I'm in I.B., and I have time... What are you trying to say? :P

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snail

Thanks all for your support for the IB. 

@Everyones_A_Critic said:

" Nazi Mods? I thought I was on Giant Bomb... "
Exactly. You are.

@Death_Unicorn said:
" I'm in I.B., and I have time... What are you trying to say? :P "

You are either lying or not taking the harder classes.  YOU ARE LYING AARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By c1337us

I don't see the whol Nazi mod thing. Mod's aren't just Nazi like in quality by default. Anyway cool story bro, too bad we won't see more of you round here no more.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Snail: IB taught me how to do work as lazily as possible while still passing.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Snail
@Bigandtasty said:  That is not possible. That is not the IB. You cannot be lazy if you want to pass. You probably took all the easy classes.
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Snail: I meant that relatively, of course I was still having to work and all but I was still half-assing as much as possible. But yes, I did take the easier classes on my way there, and got some easy teachers.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Snail
@Bigandtasty: I tell you, English A1 is not the same as Spanish AB, and Math HL is not the same as Math Studies. I am busting my ass here.
Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Bigandtasty
@Snail:  Oh yeah, I would die if I went into Math HL. Don't get me wrong, I didn't mean to say that IB was easy, just that it encouraged me to half-ass stuff.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Snail
@Bigandtasty: Yeah, well, I can't afford that. Not anymore at least.
Gigaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gigaman
@Snail said:
" @Bigandtasty: I tell you, English A1 is not the same as Spanish AB, and Math HL is not the same as Math Studies. I am busting my ass here. "
Hmm... I don't know, making piñatas is hard work. Also, double digit multiplication is serious business.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By RHCPfan24

I am glad you are focusing on what means most to you; that is important. We will all be here when you are ready.

Avatar image for outofbounds9000
OutOfBounds9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By OutOfBounds9000
@Snail said:
" @Pie said:
" Yes! Please dont moan about the good old days even though its only been a year "
A year is a lot in internet days. "
True,not like freaking 2012.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Snail
@Gigaman said:
" @Snail said:
" @Bigandtasty: I tell you, English A1 is not the same as Spanish AB, and Math HL is not the same as Math Studies. I am busting my ass here. "
Hmm... I don't know, making piñatas is hard work. Also, double digit multiplication is serious business. "
Oh gawd.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29  Edited By Willy105

Welcome back Snail!