#1  Edited By Linkyshinks
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Linkyshinks

How do you like your steak?, how do you like it cooked and what cut of meat do you opt for given the choice?. 

I like a good chunky Rib-Eye steak myself, and the bigger the better, with a nice marblling of fat too. I like the small pocket of fat in the middle of a rib-eye, it softens up and keeps the meat moist as it cooks. I love eating that bit, it reminds me of Osso Bucco in Italy which is considered a delicacy by some.  

I normally like my steak medium rare, but I can happily eat quality fresh meat blue, as I did yesterday at a dinner party. I've got no problem at all eating a steak blue as long as I'm absolutely confident about the meats freshness. I buy all my steak meat from a local butcher I've been using  for years.  I had no quarms about picking it up a steak with my teeth and slamming it on the grill yesterday lol.

Lets talk meat, because it's great for male bonding. 

Have you ever had a spit roast?, no, not one of those types. Maybe you've fried a whole chicken before?. I've heard some of you Americans do that, it sounds a little crazy, but it also sounds like the good way to cook a chicken. Perhaps some of you have butchered some meat before?. I have never done that, but I honestly do feel I could. I respect and understand where food comes from due to my upbringing.     

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#3  Edited By gingertastic_10

I like a nice medium steak. Blue on the other hand I do not.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By sgjackson

There is a large lack of medium on this poll. I don't like to eat charcoal or blood, but god damn if a medium steak doesn't kick ass.

Bigandtasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By Bigandtasty
@sgjackson said:
" There is a large lack of medium on this poll. I don't like to eat charcoal or blood, but god damn if a medium steak doesn't kick ass. "
This man knows where it's at.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Linkyshinks

True, what an oversight.  Just type your choice as medium and click medium rare I guess, it will skew the results, but at least we will get a fairer result.

Nettacki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By Nettacki

Where's medium well?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

New York Strip - Medium Rare... lovely. As for other meat, I've grilled a whole chicken or beer butt chicken if you will, but never fried a whole one.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By natetodamax

Medium rare Ribeye, holy cow. Unfortunately when I go to restaurants I usually need to get medium because they think I'll get a tapeworm and die or something.

Steve_C

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Steve_C

I like mine done medium rare, where it's a bit pink in the centre. I like having it a bit chewy and juicy. Good stuff.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Medium rare. There's nothing like a good steak.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By Kohe321

Medium-rare I guess.

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By matthew

I like it in my stomach.  But I voted for rare.  

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

Rare

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Megalon

I like mine rare. If it's still got a moo or two left in it, all the better.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#16  Edited By citizenkane

Medium rare for me.  Balance of flavor and toughness.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Linkyshinks
@sgjackson said:

"I don't like to eat charcoal or blood, but god damn if a medium steak doesn't kick ass. "

I use to feel exactly the same way until I hit my mid twenties. The very thought of eating a bloody steak would make me queasy. 

When I was 17 or so I took a trip to Paris with some friends, we went to a nice restaurant and ordered a steak, when it came to the table it was bleeding, so we all sent ours back to the kitchen. When they returned they were practically the same. The waiter told me the chef was refusing to cook it anymore, so we I just up and left and paid for nothing.  It took me until my early 20s to realise why the chef refused to cook it anymore.

My tastes have changed, I'm not going to say matured, just changed.  Blood and fat equate to flavour in meat. 
Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fat is Disgusting BLEGH seriously 
But i dont eat Steak :D

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19  Edited By ArcBorealis

Medium Rare for me

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

Medium-Well Done.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Linkyshinks
@CitizenKane said:
" Medium rare for me.  Balance of flavor and toughness. "

Balance is good.
Babble

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Babble

Medium here, I used to have it well-done but I realized what I was missing out on. Anything less then medium is not appealing though.

KuroXai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By KuroXai

Well done. I don't really like red being in the middle of my meat.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Medium here, I love me a good steak.
Jeffsekai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jeffsekai

Free from Yoske

Sgt_T1bbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Sgt_T1bbs

Bloody as hell. I love steak, but not quite as much as chie.

Bruce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Bruce

Well done, red meat gives me issues.

Oriental_Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Oriental_Jams

Medium rare is the only way to have it. Certainly tastes the best to me.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By RetroIce4

I get mine Medium Well... I guess that isn't a choice. I chose well done though.

NateDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#30  Edited By NateDogg

Medium Rares all the way. Seriously.. and I'd make mine a Ribeye steak. God damn those are tooo good. Especially with some butter right on the top to let it soak in ;)

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By choffy21

How can anyone eat a bloody steak? That is absolutely disgusting. Well done, and if there is the faintest amount of pink anywhere but the dead middle, it gets sent back.

Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Megalon
@choffy21 said:
" How can anyone eat a bloody steak? That is absolutely disgusting. Well done, and if there is the faintest amount of pink anywhere but the dead middle, it gets sent back. "
You're eating a dead animal's muscle tissue. Why does a little blood suddenly make it disgusting?
c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By c1337us

When I was a kid and I ordered steak from somewhere I would ask for the steak to be Thunderstruck just to be clear to the chef that I wanted him to push the decent limits of Well-done. But now I dont mind a slight slight shade of pink in my steak so I guess I'll go with Medium-Well.

MrRedwine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#34  Edited By MrRedwine

Rare to medium rare.  I've never had a blue steak, but I would probably try it if the chef were someone I trusted.

I have raised cows, pigs, goats and chickens.  We butchered our own chickens one year.  It's very tedious, smelly, time consuming, and somewhat stomach churning work.

Still, chicken is delicious. So it was worth it.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By choffy21
@Megalon said:
" @choffy21 said:
" How can anyone eat a bloody steak? That is absolutely disgusting. Well done, and if there is the faintest amount of pink anywhere but the dead middle, it gets sent back. "
You're eating a dead animal's muscle tissue. Why does a little blood suddenly make it disgusting? "
Would you eat a half-raw chicken breast? It's not cooked all the way so it's not done.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Megalon
@choffy21 said:
" @Megalon said:
" @choffy21 said:
You're eating a dead animal's muscle tissue. Why does a little blood suddenly make it disgusting? "
Would you eat a half-raw chicken breast? It's not cooked all the way so it's not done. "
Well, that is a tad different in terms of safety. If it tasted good and was safe to eat that way, sure, I'd eat it that way. Unfortunately that is not the case. 

I used to be like you, always over-cooking my steak thinking I needed to do that. Then I'd try to compensate the lack of taste with sauce or something. 

Now I use nature's sauce: delicious, juicy blood.
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#37  Edited By Hamst3r

Medium-rare.

Not overcooked, not undercooked. :)

NintenDood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By NintenDood

Medium Rare for me. Well Done is either too burnt, or too chewy for my likes.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Linkyshinks
@MrRedwine said:
" Rare to medium rare.  I've never had a blue steak, but I would probably try it if the chef were someone I trusted.  I have raised cows, pigs, goats and chickens.  We butchered our own chickens one year.  It's very tedious, smelly, time consuming, and somewhat stomach churning work.  Still, chicken is delicious. So it was worth it. "

You may not realise it but in doing so your nourishing your soul as well as your body. I can understand if you found it unnerving at first, your bound to, it's certainly not meant to feel good, but there's no better time to make an acknowledgment I think. I think it's sad today to think that some of those around the world who we consider uncivilized have a superior understanding and spirituality and respect for than us. 

A number of years back I saw a cooking programme on TV that was about Italy, A guy was in the mountains on the outskirts of Florence and they were filming this family after a Wild Boar hunt. The men of the town had tied the dead boar onto the top of car and paraded it around the town. before a feast would commence. There was one scene where this little girl saw the men butchering the carcass. The little girl didn't bat an eye lid, that's how it's supposed to be is what I thought. 

@choffy

What disgusts me is how far removed some cultures are from nature. some on the other hand are in balance with it and it shows in their food culture and lifestyle.
MatthewMeadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MatthewMeadows

Medium well

kariyanine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#41  Edited By kariyanine

I love when my plate becomes a sea of blood.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ververdan0226

Medium-rare, just the way I've been raised I guess, because a lot of people I know don't like it that way, but for me it's the only way to eat it.

choffy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By choffy21
@Megalon said:
" @choffy21 said:
" @Megalon said:
" @choffy21 said:
Would you eat a half-raw chicken breast? It's not cooked all the way so it's not done. "
Well, that is a tad different in terms of safety. If it tasted good and was safe to eat that way, sure, I'd eat it that way. Unfortunately that is not the case.  I used to be like you, always over-cooking my steak thinking I needed to do that. Then I'd try to compensate the lack of taste with sauce or something.  Now I use nature's sauce: delicious, juicy blood. "
But just exactly why is it different? Because someone told you? Diseases can easily live in steak, not just chicken. Not fully cooking it could leave them in there.

I understand my point of view doesn't necessarily make perfect sense, but neither does eating partially raw, uncooked meat to me.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Linkyshinks
@choffy21 said:

" @Megalon said:

" @choffy21 said:
" @Megalon said:
" @choffy21 said:
Well, that is a tad different in terms of safety. If it tasted good and was safe to eat that way, sure, I'd eat it that way. Unfortunately that is not the case.  I used to be like you, always over-cooking my steak thinking I needed to do that. Then I'd try to compensate the lack of taste with sauce or something.  Now I use nature's sauce: delicious, juicy blood. "
But just exactly why is it different? Because someone told you? Diseases can easily live in steak, not just chicken. Not fully cooking it could leave them in there.  I understand my point of view doesn't necessarily make perfect sense, but neither does eating partially raw, uncooked meat to me. "

Good grief, you cannot eat Chicken rare in the same way you can beef,  not raw unless your looking to get salmonella, and a long haul ticket to the hospital shitter..

Which is why quality and freshness is all important. If the quality of meat is good, then it's going to be free disease or harmful toxins. If it's fresh, then the likelihood is that there will be no harmful bacteria present. Bacteria only starts building up as the animal is killed in a healthy animal. You can look and smell a piece of meat to know that it's fresh, you can also use reliable source to know if your meat is quality.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Megalon
@choffy21 said:
" @Megalon said:
" @choffy21 said:
" @Megalon said:
" @choffy21 said:
But just exactly why is it different? Because someone told you? Diseases can easily live in steak, not just chicken. Not fully cooking it could leave them in there.  I understand my point of view doesn't necessarily make perfect sense, but neither does eating partially raw, uncooked meat to me. "
I suppose I learned about microbes in meat at some point during my college education in microbiology :) 

You're right, there are tons of disease-causing microbes in beef and chicken. It's mostly about how they are processed: solid steak tends to only have "nasty" stuff on the surface, so it's only really necessary to cook the surface. When beef is ground you are essentially mixing all the nasty bacteria into the meat, so that's why you have to cook it thoroughly. Chicken tends to have bacteria like Salmonella throughout the tissue, I think mostly do to how they gut the things. It's also ok to injest a fairly large quantity of E.coli and Campylobacter (since we have many billions of those in our guts anyway), but you run into trouble with toxin-producing bacteria like Staph or B.cereus (because you can't "cook out" the toxins they make very effectively)

Also, I think raw/undercooked chicken dishes are served in some Asian countries. Go figure.  
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Linkyshinks
@Megalon said:

" @choffy21 said:

" @Megalon said:
" @choffy21 said:
" @Megalon said:
" @choffy21 said:
I suppose I learned about microbes in meat at some point during my college education in microbiology :) 

You're right, there are tons of disease-causing microbes in beef and chicken. It's mostly about how they are processed: solid steak tends to only have "nasty" stuff on the surface, so it's only really necessary to cook the surface. When beef is ground you are essentially mixing all the nasty bacteria into the meat, so that's why you have to cook it thoroughly. Chicken tends to have bacteria like Salmonella throughout the tissue, I think mostly do to how they gut the things. It's also ok to injest a fairly large quantity of E.coli and Campylobacter (since we have many billions of those in our guts anyway), but you run into trouble with toxin-producing bacteria like Staph or B.cereus (because you can't "cook out" the toxins they make very effectively) Also, I think raw/undercooked chicken dishes are served in some Asian countries. Go figure.   "

Yea, if a chicken is gutted incorrectly it contaminates areas. certain fluid are not allowed to touch the meat, if something is cut accidentally, the meat has to be thrown away without question, 

Some of that Asian chicken you talk of has been plucked from a cage and checked before thrown into a high heat wok, unbelievably hot. you should see the equipment these guys use. When westerners see how quick it's done they naturally become suspicious about whether its cooked properly or not. but those chefs timing, both in restaurant and on the street is impeccable, they are robots. What you do have to worry about is the cleanliness of the food preparation area.
MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MeierTheRed

Well done, i don´t want to taste any raw meat, or that irony blood taste.

marlow83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48  Edited By marlow83

Medium rare

Mgsfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers