• 95 results
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By oldschool

Don't ask me why, but after yet another locked thread by Government Cheese a while back, I thought to myself, "how threads have I had locked?"   

I have had just 3 out of 287 threads lock, a mere 1% ratio.  I am not even in the ball park of Government Cheese, who had 29 out of 59 threads locked, an amazing 51% lock ratio. 

So, how good or how bad are you at making threads?  How many have you had locked?  What sort of reasons were they - repeats, fanboys bombarded them, spam  ........

I also had one completely deleted, so we won't discuss that one  (^_^)

turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By turbomonkey138

MB just does not like me so if my thread is the tiniest bit wrong its locked or deleted .

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I have had 5 out of 115 but about 2 of those I had asked for it to be closed since my topics usually go off the rails pretty quickly. 

This is why I usually just stick to posting in others and not creating topics unless I need to ask something.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Fallen189

3/102

Locked because they're all questions. I'm good!

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By oldschool
@turbomonkey138 said:
" MB just does not like me so if my thread is the tiniest bit wrong its locked or deleted . "
I like you. 

@Bucketdeth said:
" I have had 5 out of 115 but about 2 of those I had asked for it to be closed since my topics usually go off the rails pretty quickly.  This is why I usually just stick to posting in others and not creating topics unless I need to ask something. "
Stop being controversial  :-) 

It can be annoying when a thread takes a course you don't expect or gets stuck in some ridiculous argument.  I have had a few like that, but they usually die a natural death - death by boredom.
turbomonkey138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By turbomonkey138
@oldschool said:
" @turbomonkey138 said:
" MB just does not like me so if my thread is the tiniest bit wrong its locked or deleted . "
I like you. 

<3
Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@oldschool said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

I like you. 

@Bucketdeth

said:

" I have had 5 out of 115 but about 2 of those I had asked for it to be closed since my topics usually go off the rails pretty quickly.  This is why I usually just stick to posting in others and not creating topics unless I need to ask something. "

Stop being controversial  :-)  It can be annoying when a thread takes a course you don't expect or gets stuck in some ridiculous argument.  I have had a few like that, but they usually die a natural death - death by boredom. "
Haha, I don't even want to bring up the two threads everyone probably knows about but those two days I had spent on a shitty rocky boat in the middle of the atlantic ocean with dial up like speed internet while I slept on the floor, it's like being on a drug and when I made those topics I FUCKED up big time, and I know I came off as a WTF GROW A PAIR WHINY INTERNET NERD kind of guy, but man I felt I needed to rant about something, I actually wanted to killmyself on that boat ride and thats no lie. 

***I make it seem like the boat ride was because of those topics I made, I meen I was on a actual ship which was very very shitty, if you had seen the movie The Perfect Storm then you know what I went through, it was fucking sickening***

So I'm trying to be a good boy from now on and make friends = D
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By oldschool
@Bucketdeth said:
" @oldschool said:

" @turbomonkey138 said:

I like you. 

@Bucketdeth

said:

Stop being controversial  :-)  It can be annoying when a thread takes a course you don't expect or gets stuck in some ridiculous argument.  I have had a few like that, but they usually die a natural death - death by boredom. "
Haha, I don't even want to bring up the two threads everyone probably knows about but those two days I had spent on a shitty rocky boat in the middle of the atlantic ocean with dial up like speed internet while I slept on the floor, it's like being on a drug and when I made those topics I FUCKED up big time, and I know I came off as a WTF GROW A PAIR WHINY INTERNET NERD kind of guy, but man I felt I needed to rant about something, I actually wanted to killmyself on that boat ride and thats no lie.  ***I make it seem like the boat ride was because of those topics I made, I meen I was on a actual ship which was very very shitty, if you had seen the movie The Perfect Storm then you know what I went through, it was fucking sickening*** So I'm trying to be a good boy from now on and make friends = D "
At least you manned up and made an apology thread ............... 

wait a minute, that's not manly.  Grow a set man, and tell them to go fornicate themselves   xD 

I remember a long time ago I did an "ironic" thread that just completely missed the point.  Thing is, I started it and then left for 36 hours and then finally explained that the thread wasn't serious.  That wasn't good thinking on my part.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By OmegaPirate

3/102 

Though one of those threads was " Guys getting pwned having sex with things the shouldnt" 

Not really surprised that one went wrong. lol

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Red12b

I think like 7/100 or something, And a couple that got deleted. 

I think I remember 1 blog post when I was pissed, but i dont know the details, all I know is a Pm that I started with hamz and him sayin he delt with it, wierd

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By oldschool
@OmegaPirate said:
" 3/102  Though one of those threads was " Guys getting pwned having sex with things the shouldnt"  Not really surprised that one went wrong. lol "
Sounds like a cool thread.  Sorry I missed it.   

I think I did a thread once called "What have you stuck your finger in?".  It wasn't what you think, as mine was about sticking my finger in the spark plug hole of a lawn mower as my brother pulled the cord - shocking experience.  Suffice to say, much innuendo related to the title ensued.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By OmegaPirate
@oldschool said:
" @OmegaPirate said:
" 3/102  Though one of those threads was " Guys getting pwned having sex with things the shouldnt"  Not really surprised that one went wrong. lol "
Sounds like a cool thread.  Sorry I missed it.    I think I did a thread once called "What have you stuck your finger in?".  It wasn't what you think, as mine was about sticking my finger in the spark plug hole of a lawn mower as my brother pulled the cord - shocking experience.  Suffice to say, much innuendo related to the title ensued. "
Haha- it's bizarre how little you little you think of the consequence or potential innuendo of a title or thread - always assuming the best of our internet brethren 
 And then you see your thread title and subject actually in the forum list - and a wave of dread falls over you as you suddenly realise what you've done. 

Wish i'd seen that thread xD
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By oldschool
@Red12b said:
" I think like 7/100 or something, And a couple that got deleted.  I think I remember 1 blog post when I was pissed, but i dont know the details, all I know is a Pm that I started with hamz and him sayin he delt with it, wierd "
I remember that one.  Man, you were wasted and your spelling sucked  ^-^ 

Remember, don't drink and post, although, it can be pretty damn funny. 

Off topic, just for you, New Zealand's Nuxt Tup Muddle (Next Top Model for everyone else) - hilarious viewing, even more bogan than Australian version   xD
TheTerrifyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By TheTerrifyer

none. but i haven't made many either. that's because i seldom have anything interesting to say, so i don't. unlike a lot of other people.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By oldschool
@TheTerrifyer said:
" none. but i haven't made many either. that's because i seldom have anything interesting to say, so i don't. unlike a lot of other people. "
Having nothing interesting to say hasn't stopped the rest of us making threads  ^_^
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red12b
@oldschool:  
Yeah but I think I made another one that got deleted by Hamz, Not quite sure what that one contained to tell you the truth, 

Oh gowd, Nuxt Yup Modul, I jusst sut down in front of the tally and eat mi fush and chups,  

No, No I do not, 
I don't have time for t.v 
Crickey mate, A dingo ate moi baybe 
TheTerrifyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By TheTerrifyer

so i've noticed. and let me tell you, it's been extremely entertaining.

just think of the sweet chaos it'd be if these boards had no moderation.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

Kinda looks like you're asking to raise that lock percentage there, oldschool. :P

As far as I know, 0%. But then, 6 topics or so over eleven months isn't that much.

OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By OmegaPirate
@TheTerrifyer said:
" so i've noticed. and let me tell you, it's been extremely entertaining.  just think of the sweet chaos it'd be if these boards had no moderation. "
Dude you shouldve seen the boards at the very beginning -shit got real
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#20  Edited By Snail
@turbomonkey138: MB doesn't hate you more than just about anyone else...
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By oldschool
@Red12b said:
" @oldschool:  Yeah but I think I made another one that got deleted by Hamz, Not quite sure what that one contained to tell you the truth,  Oh gowd, Nuxt Yup Modul, I jusst sut down in front of the tally and eat mi fush and chups,     No, No I do not, I don't have time for t.v Crickey mate, A dingo ate moi baybe  "
They should just make a mixed Aus/NZ version - now that would be funny.  It would need subtitles for the rest of the world. 

I think I do remember your deleted one, but just vaguely.  My deleted thread was about driving games when you are drunk or high.  Apparently being high is illegal and that is why they deleted it.  I wanted to read the stoner comments, they would have been amusing.
oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By oldschool
@Kowbrainz said:
" Kinda looks like you're asking to raise that lock percentage there, oldschool. :P  As far as I know, 0%. But then, 6 topics or so over eleven months isn't that much. "
You need to get more active. 

I did a thread specifically about Government Cheese getting threads locked and posed the question in it, "Will even talking about Government Cheese see a lock?"  It did, 3 minutes and 4 posts later  ^_^ 

@Snail said:
" @turbomonkey138: MB doesn't hate you more than just about anyone else... "
I think MB likes me - is that odd?
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#23  Edited By Karmum

Wasn't this topic made a few days ago, and was locked? Something like this.

For the sake of discussion: I've only made a handful of topics, and only had one or two locked. I don't make that many topics anymore.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By oldschool
@Karmum said:

" Wasn't this topic made a few days ago, and was locked? Something like this.  For the sake of discussion: I've only made a handful of topics, and only had one or two locked. I don't make that many topics anymore. "

I wouldn't know as I have been AWOL most of the time for about a month or so. 

What you lack in thread making you more than make up for in posting in everyone else's threads.  :-) 

EDIT: 
Found it: 
How many forum topics have you had locked?  

Make that two for you.

In all fairness, this one is going a lot better than that one, and that one had no real discussion points.  At least I am trying to flesh out what happens/happened. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5b6c667dde711
deactivated-5b6c667dde711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

@oldschool said:
I love the irony in that... asking me to get "more active" by spending more of my time posting on an internet forum. :P
Replying to others' topics is good enough for me most of the time. No need to create new topics when everyone's made something for anything you could already.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#26  Edited By Linkyshinks

None apart from those I've asked to be locked.  

If I post a topic which is likely to incite a certain nature of commentary, that usually spirals into nonsense, in bold type I will ask fellow members to keep it civil and argue points well inside the OP.  It works, because those that don't abide by it just end up looking stupid and incapable of putting across good arguments.

oldschool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By oldschool
@Kowbrainz said:
" @oldschool said:
I love the irony in that... asking me to get "more active" by spending more of my time posting on an internet forum. :P Replying to others' topics is good enough for me most of the time. No need to create new topics when everyone's made something for anything you could already. "
Gotta love irony.  You could hook up a laptop on a treadmill, that would be active posting right? 

Oh well, with 287 threads, I am carrying your quota for you.
Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Meowayne

2/67; one for talking about modding, one for spam.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#29  Edited By Griddler

0/19

jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#30  Edited By jack_daniels

I appreciate the mods keeping this place free of crap, but I think moderation should be open for discussion. Not like some black ops thing that never happend and shouldn't be discussed.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#31  Edited By Brendan
@Jack_Daniels said:
"I appreciate the mods keeping this place free of crap, but I think moderation should be open for discussion. Not like some black ops thing that never happend and shouldn't be discussed. "

Now you said it, youre fucked ;) 

I've never had topics locked, although I've only ever made about 4 and they've never had more then 20-25 posts :(
vaiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#32  Edited By vaiz
@Jack_Daniels said:
" I appreciate the mods keeping this place free of crap, but I think moderation should be open for discussion. Not like some black ops thing that never happend and shouldn't be discussed. "
Don't talk about moderation, you'll be shot in the stomach and set on fire D:.
jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By jack_daniels

or Burnt at the stake...

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By penguindust

None, of course I have less than 40 threads started.  I tend to let other people come up with the topics then I leave my comments there.  I'm not very original and a bit of a lazy brain.  I always feel like I need to check back and make comments to other people comments in my threads.  Kind of like maintaining a garden.  So much work.  And, then on the rare occasions that I do think of something worth starting a thread for, I can feel rejected if no one else seems to care much.  Now I've gone and depressed myself.  Time to check the fridge for left over pie.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Scooper

4/48 have been locked of mine. All with good reason.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By Whisperkill

4/60

1 was an accidental double post, another was because it went off topic (I dont think a thread should be locked for that) and another because another thread was made of the same topic.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#37  Edited By EpicSteve

Only one just because the topic already existed.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By HandsomeDead

Only one or two. I don't make many threads of my own.

Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#39  Edited By gingertastic_10

I've had one locked and that was because I asked for it to be locked. I don't post a lot into the forums, I just keep them in my blog.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Milkman

4/79

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#41  Edited By Tireyo

3/128

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#42  Edited By Yummylee

None but i've only made like 3 in total i think =P
wwfundertaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 25

#43  Edited By wwfundertaker

Just the one, i was asking how to be a mod.lol

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#44  Edited By KamasamaK

8/37

But they're all in the Delete & Combine Requests board.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45  Edited By Karmum
@oldschool: 
I cannot tell if that is a good or bad thing, however.
Avatar image for emandudeguyperson
Emandudeguyperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

At least 20 I think.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just made the same thread a few days ago........it got locked
Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oldschool said:
"@Karmum said:

" Wasn't this topic made a few days ago, and was locked? Something like this.  For the sake of discussion: I've only made a handful of topics, and only had one or two locked. I don't make that many topics anymore. "

I wouldn't know as I have been AWOL most of the time for about a month or so. 

What you lack in thread making you more than make up for in posting in everyone else's threads.  :-) 

EDIT: 
Found it: 
How many forum topics have you had locked?  

Make that two for you.

In all fairness, this one is going a lot better than that one, and that one had no real discussion points.  At least I am trying to flesh out what happens/happened. 
"

thanks a lot
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#49  Edited By AgentJ

3, but one of those was a completed Delete/Combine request, so locking is to be expected. 2 out of 227? not bad

Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Red

I've made about 60-ish threads (that aren't blogs), and only four have been locked, mostly because of posting something already posted.