MGV_Tiber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By MGV_Tiber

Ok here is a rant.  
It seems to me that there is some kind of stigmata around people who play PS3. I don't know what the problem is with enjoying a console that does what I want. I read a couple different websites (Joystiq, IGN, GiantBomb, and Goolge News) for my video game news and have found that there is a imbalance (or at least I feel there is). I also listen to all of the standard gaming podcast (Joystiq, IGN, CAG, RoosterTeeth, GiantBomb...), but I don't hear the same level of "fandom" for the PS3. Joystiq doesn't even have a PS3 podcast. It seems that in the gaming world it is ok to trash Sony for business practices and customer support, but not Microsoft.  But I am a Sony PS3 gamer and would really like to hear or read about cool things in Home or about the cool games that are on the PSN. Now IGN Beyond seems to be the only podcast out there for PS3 gamers. And notice I keep using the word gamer and not fan. I stop listening to the Joystiq Xbox podcast because it got to "fanboy" for me. Playstation Home is a fun area to play in, Netflix and Hulu on the PS3 are the only way to watch any TV, and shut up about the PS3 updates. Here we are in a time when we can buy a game that has glitches (all games have glitches) and the developer can fix them later. Thats great for gamers. So we have to download a patch, so what. Would it be better if the games never got fixed. I was listening to a podcast the other day (can't remember which one) but they were complaining about having to update all of their PS3 console to play a game during Extra-life weekend. Well, if you turned it on more often than once every three months, maybe you wouldn't have to do so much updating. I signed up for Playstation Plus and think its a great deal. But if you listen to some of the podcast out there, it's the worst rip off you can pay for. I don't hear anything about the highway robber of XBOX Live, 60 bucks a year so you can play the games online when you have already paid for the part of the game when you bought it. Microsoft does not add any code to the game to make it playable online. It's already on the disk. 
  I just think that it has become "ok" to trash PS3 and PS3 gamers. You know what, I have over 1100 Trophies and I am proud of ever one. But people on this site will never know because GiantBomb doesn't have the Playstation Trophy sync like it does for XBOX.  
This is just a rant. I like to GiantBomb podcast and the Whiskey team of website are pretty awesome. I am just a PS3 gamer who is tried of being looked at as inferior because of my choice of gaming console.

MGV_Tiber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By MGV_Tiber

Ok here is a rant.  
It seems to me that there is some kind of stigmata around people who play PS3. I don't know what the problem is with enjoying a console that does what I want. I read a couple different websites (Joystiq, IGN, GiantBomb, and Goolge News) for my video game news and have found that there is a imbalance (or at least I feel there is). I also listen to all of the standard gaming podcast (Joystiq, IGN, CAG, RoosterTeeth, GiantBomb...), but I don't hear the same level of "fandom" for the PS3. Joystiq doesn't even have a PS3 podcast. It seems that in the gaming world it is ok to trash Sony for business practices and customer support, but not Microsoft.  But I am a Sony PS3 gamer and would really like to hear or read about cool things in Home or about the cool games that are on the PSN. Now IGN Beyond seems to be the only podcast out there for PS3 gamers. And notice I keep using the word gamer and not fan. I stop listening to the Joystiq Xbox podcast because it got to "fanboy" for me. Playstation Home is a fun area to play in, Netflix and Hulu on the PS3 are the only way to watch any TV, and shut up about the PS3 updates. Here we are in a time when we can buy a game that has glitches (all games have glitches) and the developer can fix them later. Thats great for gamers. So we have to download a patch, so what. Would it be better if the games never got fixed. I was listening to a podcast the other day (can't remember which one) but they were complaining about having to update all of their PS3 console to play a game during Extra-life weekend. Well, if you turned it on more often than once every three months, maybe you wouldn't have to do so much updating. I signed up for Playstation Plus and think its a great deal. But if you listen to some of the podcast out there, it's the worst rip off you can pay for. I don't hear anything about the highway robber of XBOX Live, 60 bucks a year so you can play the games online when you have already paid for the part of the game when you bought it. Microsoft does not add any code to the game to make it playable online. It's already on the disk. 
  I just think that it has become "ok" to trash PS3 and PS3 gamers. You know what, I have over 1100 Trophies and I am proud of ever one. But people on this site will never know because GiantBomb doesn't have the Playstation Trophy sync like it does for XBOX.  
This is just a rant. I like to GiantBomb podcast and the Whiskey team of website are pretty awesome. I am just a PS3 gamer who is tried of being looked at as inferior because of my choice of gaming console.

Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Romination

hehehe... stigmata... I kinda stopped reading there.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Gizmo

Sorry to go slightly off topic, but your mention of Netflix & Hulu "being the only way to watch TV" angered me. Not because you are wrong, but because I am European and therefore cannot use these services. So until that day comes where I can use Netflix & Hulu in Europe, I will keep pirating TV shows(in HD) . 

Yours in anger,
Angry European Duder.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#4  Edited By Yummylee

...wut?

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By hunkaburningluv

Sorry bud, but that wall of text really put me off, use a bit editing and stuff and it'll be easier on the eye. 

There is an imbalance both ways depending on where you look.

MGV_Tiber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MGV_Tiber
@Gizmo: I understand. Before Hulu and Netflix came to the PS3 I was a heavy torrent downloader.
ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By ProfessorEss

The phrase: "You do it to yourself, that's why it really hurts" seems applicable here.
Nobody cares what you play, you just think they do because you hate seeing people enjoy the other platforms so much and you assume they feel the same way about you.

(...and GiantBomb doesn't have trophy support because Sony doesn't allow it)

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By zeforgotten

While you people care about your consoles I'll be over here with the stuff that really matters: The games.  
I don't give a flying fuck what my consoles can do, as long as they play the games I want them to.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#9  Edited By Atlas
@Gizmo said:
" Sorry to go slightly off topic, but your mention of Netflix & Hulu "being the only way to watch TV" angered me. Not because you are wrong, but because I am European and therefore cannot use these services. So until that day comes where I can use Netflix & Hulu in Europe, I will keep pirating TV shows.  Yours in anger,Angry European Duder. "
Well us Euro duders are getting LoveFilm support for our PS3s so we can stream films straight to it, which I think is a really good feature add for Sony.

I'm a fairly new PS3 owner having been a long time dedicated 360 user. It's been a nice addition to the household; the 360 is upstairs in my bedroom/media room (also where as of yesterday my PC is) and the Playstation is in the living room, because I and my family use it for Blu-Rays and other watchings (BBC iPlayer). Admittedly I haven't really gotten too deep into the consoles back catalogue - so far the only games I've finished have been inFamous and Red Dead Redemption - but as a strong advocate of downloadable games I feel that PSN is an excellent addition to my library of XBLA games, especially the Pixel Junk series (Monsters is fucking awesome), WipeOut HD, Shatter and Trash Panic. The most common complaint about the PS3 is it's online capabilities - or lack thereof some would claim - but I'm almost exclusively a single player gamer anyway. I did however try some of the Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood beta (I got a PS+ account) and everything seemed to run fine, and despite being further from my wireless router it seemed to hold it's connection better than the 360.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gizmo
@MGV_Tiber said:

" @Gizmo: I understand. Before Hulu and Netflix came to the PS3 I was a heavy torrent downloader. "

It's really crazy how much these two companies are neglecting potential customers, film & television rental in EU is a expensive hassle. 

So the money that (could) belong to Netflix & Hulu is currently going towards a usenet subscription. It's the only way.
Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Azteck
@Gizmo said:
" @MGV_Tiber said:

" @Gizmo: I understand. Before Hulu and Netflix came to the PS3 I was a heavy torrent downloader. "

It's really crazy how much these two companies are neglecting potential customers, film & television rental in EU is a expensive hassle.  So the money that (could) belong to Netflix & Hulu is currently going towards a usenet subscription.  "
Guess it has more to do with licensing than them not wanting to. But even so, it makes no sense because they'd still get lots of cash for their licenses. I know I'd use Netflix to an extreme extent if it was available here.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gizmo
@Azteck said:

" @Gizmo said:

" @MGV_Tiber said:

It's really crazy how much these two companies are neglecting potential customers, film & television rental in EU is a expensive hassle.  So the money that (could) belong to Netflix & Hulu is currently going towards a usenet subscription.  "
Guess it has more to do with licensing than them not wanting to. But even so, it makes no sense because they'd still get lots of cash for their licenses. I know I'd use Netflix to an extreme extent if it was available here. "
Totally, why aren't these stupid companies realising this?
Avatar image for deactivated-5f00787182625
deactivated-5f00787182625

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@ProfessorEss said:
" The phrase: "You do it to yourself, that's why it really hurts" seems applicable here.
Nobody cares what you play, you just think they do because you hate seeing people enjoy the other platforms so much and you assume they feel the same way about you.

(...and GiantBomb doesn't have trophy support because Sony doesn't allow it) "
This x1000
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By WickedCestus

The only reason Giant Bomb doesn't cover trophies is because Sony won't let them. I'm sorry nobody exclusively talks about your favourite console, I'm sure this is pretty terrible considering 90% of games are multiplatform nowadays. Oh, yeah, and Giant Bomb's GOTY last year was Sony-exclusive, so I don't know what you're talking about with nobody talking about Sony stuff. Also, people don't complain about the fact that patches exist, it's just that they take about five minutes longer on the PS3 and the 360.

MGV_Tiber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MGV_Tiber
@ProfessorEss: I am not sure Sony doesn't allow access to the gamer card. Their are site out there, like PS3trophies.com, that will has the ability to show my gamer card and allow me to compare with other gamers on the site. It would be nice if GiantBomb would do this as well.
Sarkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sarkhan

But here in scandinavia we dont have ANY movie streaming things for our consolls. Lovefilm will come to eu soon. But as always. Scandinavia will not have support. So i do like most of us does. Torrent the series until i can get them streaming.

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#17  Edited By WickedCestus
@MGV_Tiber said:
" @ProfessorEss: I am not sure Sony doesn't allow access to the gamer card. Their are site out there, like PS3trophies.com, that will has the ability to show my gamer card and allow me to compare with other gamers on the site. It would be nice if GiantBomb would do this as well. "
They tried it last year, and it didn't work. And they were pretty disappointed about it.
Pinworm45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Pinworm45

What is this, 2007? I've never particularly cared for the PS3 and I've never owned one, but the whole "ps3 is 600$ and has no games" thing has been dead for a while, no? 

I mean, you're not a minority or something, you're not considered inferior or mistreated any more than people who play xbox's are (do you seriously think fanboys don't make fun of the 360 for its failure rates?) 

If you take that stuff seriously, you must be new to the internet or something. It'll pass.

zidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#19  Edited By zidd
@MGV_Tiber: GB's coverage is pretty platform neutral. There are quick looks of PS3 and PSN exclusive games on the site. PSHome is a complete waste of time and not worthy of any mention at all.
audiosnag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By audiosnag

I think the GB community is actually pretty great there's rarely any fanboy bs but places like Destructoid there's a stupid amount of MS bashing. Granted its not everyone but there's guaranteed a ps3 fanboy flaming any post MS related.
It's annoying as hell.

WEGGLES

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By WEGGLES

Even if they did power up their PS3s more often... updating is a timeconsuming hassle.  

Between downloading, restarting, installing etc its a 10+ minute affair each time. And it's not even automatic. It's not like I could turn my PS3 on and get some lunch while I do it. You have to manually update, then manually agree to the TOS between downloading and installing.  

It's a pain in the ass. To say otherwise is ignorant or blatant fanboyism. On the xbox the updates are tiny and usually take less than a minute. Game updates are even smaller. On the PC steam just patches everything automatically for me with out any prompting. I only notice patches if I happen to be at the computer when "Team Fortress 2 has finished downloading" pops up.  

The way sony does it, especially with each update being the entire firmware each time, is rather inelegant and really could be done a lot better. I'm glad it's there, but it's such a pain. I spend most time on my PS3 offline, 'cause I don't want to wait 10+mins for the PS3 update, then another 5-10+ mins for game updates to play my new game. Just because PS3 isn't my system doesn't mean I need to wait 20 mins to play a game on it when I do want to play it. 

GoofyGoober

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#22  Edited By GoofyGoober

Meh, it is called opinions. I personally love the PS3, sure it has its flaws but I love the console. Yeah it angers me when people trash the PS3 but trust me, people trash the 360 A LOT and they do it to the Wii as well. There is console hate all across the board here. I just enjoy the console of my choosing and that is that.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By Afroman269
nick_verissimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#24  Edited By nick_verissimo

I own a 360 and PS3 so I don't really have to worry about feature sets.  I care about the games and that's all.

wickedsc3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By wickedsc3

There is hate for both ps3 and 360.  But if you like ps3 and that is what u have fun playing then who cares what people on the internet think.  I own both and i enjoy playing both, I even have fun playing the wii with the family.  No matter what there are going to be haters in anything.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BraveToaster

Why don't you stop worrying about the console and just enjoy games? 

I own an 360 and a PS3 so I can play exclusives. Fuck that fanboy shit, I have bigger things to worry about.

ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ravensword

eh, I like my PS3 too. its just I also have a 360, so I play both. I dont think Giantbomb is impartial to PS3 because they have been doing alot of cool Move coverage, more so then some sites I go on. If you recall, there was a TON of PS3 bashing back when the console was first out. Now there isnt near as much hate for it. I can see where your trying to come from, I just dont think it necessarily applies to this site. Not sure if you said this in your OP, but the reason they seem to mainly demo games on 360 for their QL is because thats the version they get sent. Atleast, im almost a hundred percent sure this is the reason.  

But I get what your trying to get at. If people dont like what you like as much as you like it, it makes you feel bad or that its unfair. thats normal.
ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ravensword
@MGV_Tiber:

Pretty sure they said (giantbomb) that they would LOVE to post Trophy data like they do achievments, but right now SONY dosent allow them to.
iKANNIBAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By iKANNIBAL
@ProfessorEss said:
" The phrase: "You do it to yourself, that's why it really hurts" seems applicable here.

(...and GiantBomb doesn't have trophy support because Sony doesn't allow it) "
I'd marry you if i was Homosexual, i don't think i ever agreed with someone so much!
Kierkegaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#30  Edited By Kierkegaard

Yeah, I only own a PS3. Almost 40 million people own one as well, many along with other consoles. It's not exactly a niche community of die hards. PS3 is a thing. It gets great games and few if any nowadays are noticeably inferior to 360 versions while it also has a strong downloadable library and set of exclusives. It doesn't need defending.  

Nor does any console. I love podcasts like the bombcast because they take the piss out of anyone that says or does something laughably unfair or idiotic, as they should. We're talking about a burgeoning industry where business and consumer ethics are clashing every day and indie cred and sequelitis and and and. It's all fascinating and it's all really funny, if you think about it. Games are a serious business at times, too. It's a great time to play and love them.  

So, if the bombcast doesn't mention all the home updates and PSN releases, don't sweat. Just go to the playstationblog for the that stuff. GiantBomb is a enthusiast, commentary-based website with a strong wiki to boot, not a compendium of press releases. I like it that way. 

jackbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jackbag

If your PS3 is giving you stigmata, I'm pretty sure you're holding the controller wrong.  

Also, being proud of which game machine you bought is fucking dumb.

ptc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ptc
@MGV_Tiber:
Try reading 1up news.  I've found that they slant their coverage to more PS3 related things.  You might like it.
Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

It's all in your head kiddo.

That, or you visit the wrong places and read the wrong comments.
The internet's been pretty decent with fanboying in general lately, not many real flame wars going on that I know off.

If a site is being biased, fuck em and move on.
Karma and all that will get em someday.

Zafmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Zafmg
@jackbag said:
" If your PS3 is giving you stigmata, I'm pretty sure you're holding the controller wrong.   Also, being proud of which game machine you bought is fucking dumb. "
Hey man you don't know what it feels like to be a PS3 owner the oppression is significant! Don't tread on me!!
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#35  Edited By Fallen189

I dont have consoles online, and neither do a lot of people. This is where your validity falls through.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By iamjohn
@MGV_Tiber said:
" @ProfessorEss: I am not sure Sony doesn't allow access to the gamer card. Their are site out there, like PS3trophies.com, that will has the ability to show my gamer card and allow me to compare with other gamers on the site. It would be nice if GiantBomb would do this as well. "
They did.  Then Sony yanked API support.  So now they don't, because they can't.
McP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By McP

I'm have a PS3 and don't have a 360. While I think the OP overstates a lot of things, I do listen to a lot of the same podcasts and have noticed that for multi-platform games, the editors/podcasters tend to play the 360 versions of games. It's kind of a bummer, but I also think it's understandable (it came out first, Live ultimately has better features, etc). I, too, would probably favor the platform that I have more friends on.

I do find it remarkable that the failure rate of the 360 hardware didn't cause a mass-migration over to the PS3. Sony should have dropped the PS3 price the second that shit started happening.

oysteinBrenne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By oysteinBrenne

maby just maby they just like the 360 better i am sorry to burst your bubble but gb guys are way more 360 than ps3 
IMO

Raineko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Raineko

If you live in the USA you will obviously see more X360 gamers but in Japan and Europe there are more PS3 gamers.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Go to gametrailers, last time i've been there, everyone was a ps3 fanboy. You'll fit right in with your superior multiplatform games.

Raymayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Raymayne

Rofl fanboy.

Sn1PeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sn1PeR

Three things: 

- Joystiq's X360Fancast is kind of grandfathered into the Joystiq community -- it's existed for a very long time and is really just the guys that already played the 360 getting together to do it for fun.  It did not even used to appear on the front page until Stiq 2.0.  They do offer a regular Joystiq podcast as well, which is often times more informative.  I don't see them as biased for having it.   I also wouldn't count on them ever having a ps3 fancast, wii fancast, pc fancast, etc.

- Both consoles give you identical gameplay experiences.  So who really cares?

- Plenty of online forums are overrun by ps3 fanboys, you might just need to look a little harder.  I could see GB being tilted more toward the 360 in the community due to the achievement tracking system (a lot of people join because of it), but who knows. 

In summary -- no one cares what platform you play on as long as you are having fun and can play with your friends.

Akeldama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Akeldama

I agree with OP. The PS3 does not get nearly the amount of praise or attention it deserves compared to the other consoles. However, I don't need websites to talk up my console of choice so that I may feel validated. I love my PS3 and I don't need a bunch of bloggers to tell me I should or should not.

halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#44  Edited By halberdierv2

Do the rest of us who are still proud of our PS3 preference a favour and DON'T rant.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By mordukai
@Gizmo said:

" Sorry to go slightly off topic, but your mention of Netflix & Hulu "being the only way to watch TV" angered me. Not because you are wrong, but because I am European and therefore cannot use these services. So until that day comes where I can use Netflix & Hulu in Europe, I will keep pirating TV shows(in HD) .  Yours in anger,Angry European Duder. "

Just calm down. We all know what happens when you Europeans get angry. People die in their millions.  ;)
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By Afroman269
@oysteinBrenne said:
" maby just maby they just like the 360 better i am sorry to burst your bubble but gb guys are way more 360 than ps3 IMO "
Which isn't really a bad thing. They just choose to mostly play multiplatform titles on the 360 over PS3 but that won't stop them from acknowledging great PS3 exclusives like giving Uncharted 2 GOTY. They pretty much do the same stuff that I do which is to have a stronger focus on 360 because that's the more common go to platform with a more robust online but I will definitely enjoy my PS3 to play the solid exclusives.
9cupsoftea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By 9cupsoftea

I'm completely with you OP. Every podcast and games website I go to seems to place a bit more emphasis on the 360, and all of the goings on with xbox live and 360 exclusives than they do PS3.  I own a 360 but I'm selling it to get a PS3 because it took playing my girlfriend's PS3 for a weekend to realise all of the great aspects of the system.

phantomzxro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By phantomzxro

I don't really see the hate for ps3 that you  talk about  as much anymore. Sure a few years back when the ps3 was a bit on the pricey side people bag on the ps3 a fair amount. But thing are more or less pretty even now. Sure you will find some sites who may side with one system or the other but most site are pretty equal or at least try to be. I would say ign has a great supporting staff of playstation headed by greg miller. Other site may have a bit of biased but if you look closer its really the editors who will like a system more then another and if you know that then you know what to expect when reading review and what not.
bearshamanbro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By bearshamanbro

Well to be fair Sony has made a lot of mistakes this generation. They came in super arrogant & really turned a lot of people off at the beginning. 360 got a huge 2-2.5 years of success in before the PS3 starting hitting it's stride. I don't think it's that people hate on PS3 it's just some people's opinion that the 360 is still just the overall better experience.  As a PS3 owner, I know that I'd buy all my 3rd Party games on 360 if I had one as 90% of them are better. Fanboys are embarrassing. Both consoles are great at this point. One side doesn't have to lose for the other to win, there's room for everyone. I don't mind people having a preference one way or the other, as long as they can still be objective. The GB site is really neutral IMO which is why I like this place. I just care about games not consoles.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I have a stigma against anyone who considers them a "proud gamer" of any one system.
Everyone's obviously going to favour something, but the hate that people express over something they don't own (usually JUST because they don't own it) is completely non-sensical.

If you're a gamer, you should be able to see the good points of all the systems.