I used to rule world, the seas would rise when I gave the word!

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Austin

I fuckin love this song I have srsly listen to this 34 time in a fuckin row! Who else loves this song?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3mYc1m3lsM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dvgZkm1xWPE&feature=related

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Lies

Austin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Austin

How the hell did u do that?

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By serbsta

Hahahahahahahaha.

Sorry, had to get that out.

Good song. =]

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Gunner

Extremely simple song.. but hey as long as its catchy its ok right?

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Emilio

That iTunes commercial with this song was awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

Gunner said:
"Extremely simple song.. but hey as long as its catchy its ok right?"

Yes.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gizmo

I need to listen to this song some more.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By HandsomeDead
Gunner said:
Right. I mean, everyone knows that only complex music is worth listening to.
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Gizmo

Chris Martin is an extremely talented artist, also greatly helped by a good band. He also has a very attractive wife.

I have a feeling their time is yet to come, they will peak soon though, and when they do, I think they will be big.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gunner
HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:
Right. I mean, everyone knows that only complex music is worth listening to."
I just dont think someone who spends 30 minutes to write a catchy song is deserving of having a music career. Anyone can do that, it takes real skill to add complex beats, harmonic bass lines, ear gripping guitar riffs, exc. But no one values skill these days.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By Black_Rose
Gunner said:
"I just dont think someone who spends 30 minutes to write a catchy song is deserving of having a music career. Anyone can do that, it takes real skill to add complex beats, harmonic bass lines, ear gripping guitar riffs, exc. But no one values skill these days."
He has a FOB avatar >_>
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Gunner
Black_Rose said:
"Gunner said:
"I just dont think someone who spends 30 minutes to write a catchy song is deserving of having a music career. Anyone can do that, it takes real skill to add complex beats, harmonic bass lines, ear gripping guitar riffs, exc. But no one values skill these days."
He has a FOB avatar >_>"
So that means he leik, knows everything about musix! amarite?!?!
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By HandsomeDead
Gunner said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:
I just dont think someone who spends 30 minutes to write a catchy song is deserving of having a music career. Anyone can do that, it takes real skill to add complex beats, harmonic bass lines, ear gripping guitar riffs, exc. But no one values skill these days."
The idea that the musicians have to be super skilled to make good songs is just laughable.

Gunner said:
"Black_Rose said:
"Gunner said:
He has a FOB avatar >_>"
So that means he leik, knows everything about musix! amarite?!?!"
That's never been funny and you just make yourself look even more ridiculous.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Gunner
HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:
I just dont think someone who spends 30 minutes to write a catchy song is deserving of having a music career. Anyone can do that, it takes real skill to add complex beats, harmonic bass lines, ear gripping guitar riffs, exc. But no one values skill these days."
The idea that the musicians have to be super skilled to make good songs is just laughable.

Gunner said:
"Black_Rose said:
"Gunner said:
He has a FOB avatar >_>"
So that means he leik, knows everything about musix! amarite?!?!"
That's never been funny and you just make yourself look even more ridiculous."
Thank you for proving your point. you have really let me leave informed about your side of the story and i am walking away smarter because of it.

There is really no use in arguing if you dont even know your own point. Calling my points "laughable" just "make yourself look more ridiculous" when i have layed out my point in an intelligent fashion as you fail at insulting me.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By HandsomeDead
Gunner said:
"Thank you for proving your point. you have really let me leave informed about your side of the story and i am walking away smarter because of it.

There is really no use in arguing if you dont even know your own point. Calling my points "laughable" just "make yourself look more ridiculous" when i have layed out my point in an intelligent fashion as you fail at insulting me."
So, wait. You're complaining about me just saying your case is laughable and then one sentence later, you're not even going to continue backing up your point? Look at people like Johnny Cash. He's no Steve Vai but i'd much rather listen to his albums than some guitar wankery. I wasn't insulting you as such, I'm just saying that if you're so correct, stooping to typing like a dick just makes you look like an elitist bellend.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Good song. Great lyrics. I don't say that about new songs much, if this is new.

Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Bonesofwar

Discuss.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Bonesofwar said:
"

Discuss."
Well, FUCK, MAN! Right when I warm up to the fuckers! Thieves. Fuck em. Fuck.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By HandsomeDead
Bonesofwar said:
"

Discuss."
Joe Satriani's version sounds like some boring solo the A-Level music kids used to churn out on a daily basis.
Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Bonesofwar

Joe Satriani's version? You mean Joe Satriani's SONG.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Arkthemaniac
Bonesofwar said:
"Joe Satriani's version? You mean Joe Satriani's SONG."
I almost choked on this here italian beef after reading this.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead
Bonesofwar said:
"Joe Satriani's version? You mean Joe Satriani's SONG."
It's just a guitar solo. I wouldn't class that as a song.
Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Bonesofwar

The following responses are acceptable:

1. Omg wur r teh wurds?!!?!
2. I know your right, I recognize the fact that I was wrong, and should bow before you
3. Lol Nice grammer mistakes haha u suk lolol
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#25  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

In the pub quiz the other week there was a question about this song. It was a few lines from the song, and we had to name the song, and I was singing along to it in my head, but I couldn't remember the name of the stupid song!!!! So the song which  I once liked is now officially on the "Songs I hate for non-musical reasons" list.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gunner
HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:
"Thank you for proving your point. you have really let me leave informed about your side of the story and i am walking away smarter because of it.

There is really no use in arguing if you dont even know your own point. Calling my points "laughable" just "make yourself look more ridiculous" when i have layed out my point in an intelligent fashion as you fail at insulting me."
So, wait. You're complaining about me just saying your case is laughable and then one sentence later, you're not even going to continue backing up your point? Look at people like Johnny Cash. He's no Steve Vai but i'd much rather listen to his albums than some guitar wankery. I wasn't insulting you as such, I'm just saying that if you're so correct, stooping to typing like a dick just makes you look like an elitist bellend."
There is a difference between having good music and being inspirational. Johnny Cash inspired hundreds of artists who helped create a musical revolution. He also was around during an age of simplicity, take a look at other artists he was with, Conway Twitty, Elvis Pressley, Jerry Lee Louis, exc. None of their songs were complicated or even very good by todays standards. If someone names johnny were to go into a record company and play some of the songs he did back in the 50's-70's today he would be laughed out of the building. By main argument is skill to popularity ratio, if your into that kind of music, cool. But someone putting a song together in 30 minutes to an hour and making millions of dollars just because of that one song.. Kinda makes me cringe inside, specially if that song isnt even that good.
HarvDogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By HarvDogg

never heard that song
:D

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By kmdrkul
Gunner said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:

So, wait. You're complaining about me just saying your case is laughable and then one sentence later, you're not even going to continue backing up your point? Look at people like Johnny Cash. He's no Steve Vai but i'd much rather listen to his albums than some guitar wankery. I wasn't insulting you as such, I'm just saying that if you're so correct, stooping to typing like a dick just makes you look like an elitist bellend."
There is a difference between having good music and being inspirational. Johnny Cash inspired hundreds of artists who helped create a musical revolution. He also was around during an age of simplicity, take a look at other artists he was with, Conway Twitty, Elvis Pressley, Jerry Lee Louis, exc. None of their songs were complicated or even very good by todays standards. If someone names johnny were to go into a record company and play some of the songs he did back in the 50's-70's today he would be laughed out of the building. By main argument is skill to popularity ratio, if your into that kind of music, cool. But someone putting a song together in 30 minutes to an hour and making millions of dollars just because of that one song.. Kinda makes me cringe inside, specially if that song isnt even that good.
"
Quality of music is not dependent on the amount of time taken to create it. 
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gunner
kmdrkul said:
"Gunner said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:

"
Quality of music is not dependent on the amount of time taken to create it. "
Time was just an example. putting in 30 minutes to make a song means you dont really care very much about the quality, but about the number of albums you can get out to make as much money as possible.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#30  Edited By Karmum

Not a fan of Coldplay at all, but I do like that song. I remember that commercial alot.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By HandsomeDead
Gunner said:
"kmdrkul said:
"Gunner said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:

"
Time was just an example. putting in 30 minutes to make a song means you dont really care very much about the quality, but about the number of albums you can get out to make as much money as possible."
You really have no idea. Leonard Cohen spends months tweaking his lyrics because that's his style. Others find it all comes naturally and then it's just tweaking and editing to fit the music that's been created. There is no right way or wrong way to make music unless you believe that being able to pull off some 20 minute solo is worth more than a normal song that a lot of people actually like.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gunner
HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:
"kmdrkul said:
"Gunner said:
"HandsomeDead said:
"Gunner said:

"
Time was just an example. putting in 30 minutes to make a song means you dont really care very much about the quality, but about the number of albums you can get out to make as much money as possible."
You really have no idea. Leonard Cohen spends months tweaking his lyrics because that's his style. Others find it all comes naturally and then it's just tweaking and editing to fit the music that's been created. There is no right way or wrong way to make music unless you believe that being able to pull off some 20 minute solo is worth more than a normal song that a lot of people actually like."
I never said it was wrong, im just saying its stupid and 90% of the time the songs get overplayed and overused. The "srtist" ends up cashing out on something he put no real effort into at all and thats just messed up. That song is just a basic beat usd over and over again for 3 minutes followed by the same violin/chelo notes repeated untill the bass comes in. Its like going to a car wash and the person washing your car just rinses the car off and asks for a hundred dollars. Yeah he did do one thing that you usually do when you wash a car but the car is still dirty and in the end the car washer didnt really do his job, should he still get that hundred dollars for doing a watered down half ass job?
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By Milkman

No, no, no, no, no!! And no again. That fact that this song is becoming more popular than any other song that Coldplay is making me extremely upset. A Rush of Blood to the Head and X &Y are fantastic. Viva la Vida is garbage. Please, go back and listen to Coldplay's old stuff.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#34  Edited By Bulldog19892

Eh. Mediocre song.