• 85 results
#1 Posted by Zajtalan (1163 posts) -

Would you go join a renegade group that bought and sold games for a fair price?

#2 Posted by KaosAngel (13765 posts) -

...fair price in Japan and many other countries is $100+, I don't get why Americans bitch about high game prices.

#3 Edited by Jeust (10550 posts) -
@Zajtalan said:

" Would you go join a renegade group that bought and sold games for a fair price? "

There are only services for that.  Goozex and the likes of it. 
#4 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -

Some high profile games are $120 in Australia :I

#5 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

renegade group? You mean get them illegally? I don't know, if the quailty went up as well, then, maybe

#6 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

I'd never have bought a console, would probably just get all my games from steam sales

#7 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -

If by renegade group you mean a ragtag band of charismatic and lovable thieves, then yes I would join.

#8 Posted by Kindrik (71 posts) -
@beej said:
" I'd never have bought a console, would probably just get all my games from steam sales "
In this $120 universe, Steam sales don't exist! And Steam games sell for a minimum $60.
#9 Posted by Meteora (5787 posts) -

Sure, if that was caused by years of inflation, at any rate.

#10 Posted by Vinny_Says (5700 posts) -

if games are 120 dolla, how much are consoles?

#11 Posted by Xeiphyer (5602 posts) -

For a lot of places in the world thats not a far cry from reality.

Things like gamefly would definitely become the norm though, most people can't afford to buy every big budget game that comes out as it is.

That or piracy would see a huge spike.

#12 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

i don't think i would play video games until the price is dropped a lot.... i REALLY MEAN A LOT. i think i would go outside more.

#13 Posted by Turambar (6738 posts) -
@Zajtalan said:
" Would you go join a renegade group that bought and sold games for a fair price? "
Define fair price.  If 120 dollar games was the norm in that world, that'd be perfectly fair price as far as we'd be concerned.
#14 Posted by Kindrik (71 posts) -

Considering the $10 jump in price for games from last gen to now, we could be on our way down a slippery slope towards increasingly expensive games.

#15 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" ...fair price in Japan and many other countries is $100+, I don't get why Americans bitch about high game prices. "
We bitch because $60 is obviously a lot, and clearly anything higher than that is completely outrageous. I feel bad for people that have to pay more than around 60 US dollars for games.
#16 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

NO!!!!!! Someone delete this post before Bobby Kotick see's this. 

And besides, that renegade group you're talking about, aren't they pirates? I would soooooo join that group.

#17 Posted by ReyGitano (2467 posts) -

I'd just wait for prices to go down :/

#18 Posted by ch3burashka (5040 posts) -

I'd steal them. 

Seriously, a shitload of things we gamers don't like have happened, passed, and have become accepted. If the general public doesn't like something, it will be clear immediately. Their acceptance of 15$ map-packs and the rise of game prices sends a stronger message than a vocal minority of hardcore gamers. If games are 120 bucks, no one will buy them, not just gamers.

#19 Posted by Kindrik (71 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" NO!!!!!! Someone delete this post before Bobby Kotick see's this.
Just so long as no one actually admits to being willing to pay $120 for a non-peripheral bundled game, I think we'll be fine.
#20 Posted by tunaburn (1890 posts) -

Id steal the shit out of them for sure

#21 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I would simply upgrade my Gamefly membership.

#22 Posted by Vao (328 posts) -

Companies have tried to sell some games for $100 to $150, some people will pay it, the majority won't. it really comes down to how people precieve their experience. Rockband, Band Hero, DJ hero, Tony Hawk Ride, Halo's Legendary packs, Call of Duty's Prestige editions just to name a few. personality, i think i would be alittle more picky about games and wouldn't take changes with games i don't know if i like it or not. 

#23 Posted by Baillie (4080 posts) -

... I'd buy half as many games.

#24 Posted by nautical_hero@yahoo.com (18 posts) -

Pirate the shit out of them is what I would do.  Money speaks louder than words in this type of situation.

#25 Posted by LiquidPrince (15911 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
" ...fair price in Japan and many other countries is $100+, I don't get why Americans bitch about high game prices. "
You have to think about it in terms of average national income. Everything is priced according to what the average income is in a country. They won't charge you $1000 for something when most people only make $200 a year. I'm talking about games and such, not houses and cars.
#26 Edited by Vextroid (1390 posts) -

"If videos games were sold for $120..." 

...youd be living in Australia! :D ..........:(

#27 Posted by Lunar_Aura (2779 posts) -

If videocames gost that much I'd invest in a better internet connection :(
#28 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@Kindrik well fuck... Probably buying less games then.
#29 Posted by Lordborg909 (162 posts) -
@Vextroid said:
"    "If videos games were sold for $120..."  ...youd be living in Australia! :D ..........:( "
Or New Zealand... srsly, i got SC2 when it came out ON SPECIAL for $110..... Cause we live in the arse end of nowhere most things are way dearer here than overseas :( Le sigh
#30 Posted by JohnnyAutoFire (353 posts) -

It's been done before.  It didn't work out so well.
#31 Edited by jonnyboy (2920 posts) -

...you'd be living in Australia. 

And seeing as I'm walking home in a soaking wet, train-stike ridden London, you fucking deserve it, you bastards.

Seriously though $60 may seem a lot to you guys, but the rest of the world pays for it to be as low as $60. Plus we pay for all the 'free' exclusives, DLC and Faulty hardware you guys get.

#32 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1087 posts) -

$199 for a new releases here but only if i really can't wait more than 10 days to get it from UK (saves me almost half the money).

#33 Posted by JaredA (822 posts) -
@Snipzor said:
" If by renegade group you mean a ragtag band of charismatic and lovable thieves, then yes I would join. "
Me too:)
#34 Posted by Claude (16255 posts) -

This is my game station, America the free. Or... that's what they tell me.
#35 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

I would buy a lot less and keep replaying the games I already own (and still have yet to beat).

#36 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

I am already paying that price, if America's games went to $120 Australia's would be at $240 meaning I would ship them from the US meaning nothing is gained on the price tag.

#37 Posted by Cramsy (1166 posts) -

Like a few have said, you'd be living in Australia. 

"Oh noez!!!1 gamez  r $60!?"  

When Rogue Warrior came out here it was $100 AUD which is $97 USD. Imagine the shit storm. 

#38 Posted by Raven10 (1765 posts) -

I kind of agree with those from other countries. Games are cheapest in the US. We have no reason to complain. In most other places in the world we'd be paying at least $90 if not $120. Bitch away, but know that we have it good. To answer the question posed, I probably would buy much fewer games per year. I would never steal games. Personally I don't see prices rising that much for a long time barring some sort of nasty inflation.

#39 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -
@mylifeforAiur said:
" Some high profile games are $120 in Australia :I "
It makes me sad when I go to buy a game and get charged that.  

That's why I like Pre-Owned.
#40 Posted by mylifeforAiur (3483 posts) -
@Synthballs said:
" @mylifeforAiur said:
" Some high profile games are $120 in Australia :I "
It makes me sad when I go to buy a game and get charged that.   That's why I like Pre-Owned. "
I hear ya, brother!
#41 Edited by ptys (1933 posts) -
@Zajtalan said:

Yeah it's called 'CD WOW' or 'Play-Asia'! Unfortunately most retail games sold in Aus/NZ hit around the $90-$120 mark depending on where you buy them. It sucks, which is why I'm all for moving them out of retail and into the downloadable format, because it's the freight that's the killer... we need better internet first though!
#42 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10910 posts) -
@KaosAngel said:
America was founded on cheapness. We didn't rebel against the British because we cared if we were represented in Parliament or not. We rebelled because we were sick and tired of having to pay our fair share! We rebelled because we're too damn cheap to pay for anything!  

And this is why I love America. It's nothing but cheap assholes like me. Well, not really, but you get the point. 
#43 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -
@Snipzor said:
" If by renegade group you mean a ragtag band of charismatic and lovable thieves, then yes I would join. "
I wouldn't care what the renegade group was for if I was a member of one like this!

But hmm $120? That's a lot of sweet money right there.
#44 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

I'd probably not buy a game again.

#45 Posted by raiz265 (2238 posts) -

#46 Edited by guiseppe (2840 posts) -

I probably wouldn't buy as many games. And I'm guessing that would be the case for a lot of other people, so the industry as a whole would suffer.

#47 Posted by Quacktastic (1066 posts) -

I'd just wait a year before I bought anything.

#48 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

I find video games too expensive already, I would probably steal them too

#49 Posted by PenguinDust (12493 posts) -

The only renegade group I would ever consider joining are the renegades of funk.  If games cost $120 each I'd wait for price reductions, sales, and buy used.  If that wasn't an option, I'd take up a new hobby.  Perhaps macramé. 

#50 Posted by Yummylee (21506 posts) -

I'd have no choice but to give up on gaming.