Ipod Touch or Some Games

gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By gearhead

So I have quite a bit amount of money, and was thinking about getting an Ipod Touch. But there are so many good games coming out this year, and next year, and can't for the life of me decide.
Help me Giantbomb, your my only hope!
BTW: I have no Ipod atm.

Daniel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Daniel

Hmm...okay, I'm gonna vote for saving until the holiday line-up hits.

I made the mistake of buying a Touch when they first came out. All in all, with case, it was around $400. While I realize that it's probably much cheaper now, I really don't think it's worth it. The wireless internet is a bitch, and it's just not a very entertaining product, even if you have a bunch of apps. When I was in my last year of college several months ago, it sat in a drawer most of the time, but now I use it in my truck to listen to music.

Buy some games, dude.

Oh, and since you don't have an iPod, and if you really need one, just get a cheaper one.

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Seedofpower

Listen to Daniel.

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By TheGreatGuero

Games. There seems to be quite a few big ones coming out this year that you just might not want to miss out on.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By subject2change

Quite a few big titles coming out and if its something like MW2 it  can keep you entertained for hours. If its a single player only game you expect only 10-12 hours out of it roughly unless you are a repeat player and or a completionist. I'd suggest games personally and if you want something for music, videos, etc a PSP is an option compared to the iPod touch.

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Hector

Get games, I bought and iPod Touch and it just sitting there also.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24

Games are nice. But make sure you pick them carefully and get the most out of them; you don't want your purchases to not be enjoyable. I would recommend a game like Borderlands as well as Modern Warfare 2.

AdH0c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AdH0c

If you travel a lot and have to stay in hotels then it is kinda cool. But if you dont, then just get a cheaper nano or something and buy games with the rest of the money.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Karmum

I'd say go with the games. I wouldn't be too surprised if a new iPod Touch model is announced soon, so you might want to save money for the next generation. Then again, if you have to go with an MP3-player, go with the Zune HD. ;)

rjayb89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

#10  Edited By rjayb89

iPod Touch, so you can purchase the Giant Bomb App.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By mikemcn
@Karmum said:
"I'd say go with the games. I wouldn't be too surprised if a new iPod Touch model is announced soon, so you might want to save money for the next generation. Then again, if you have to go with an MP3-player, go with the Zune HD. ;) "
They have released a new one, the 3rd generation, it has the proccessor of the Iphone 3GS, so its faster. Came out thursday of last week.

@Gearhead said:

"So I have quite a bit amount of money, and was thinking about getting an Ipod Touch. But there are so many good games coming out this year, and next year, and can't for the life of me decide.Help me Giantbomb, your my only hope! BTW: I have no Ipod atm. "

I just got a 3rd gen ipod this afternoon, and its alot of fun. If you need a basic ipod though, just go for the nano, its cheaper so you will still have money for games. The touch has alot of bells and whistles you might not need. 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By crusader8463

Games, you will get more enjoyment out of them in the long run. At best the ipod might last a few weeks to a month before its just another gadget you have and never appreciate.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13  Edited By JJOR64

Go for the new games.  Just wait till the iPod Touch drops in price to get one.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wow, I have to say I'm quite impressed with the scarcity of the "APPLE R OVERPRICED SHIT." comments. Well done, everyone.  

I'd have to go with the games, depending on your current living situation (with or without parents) you could ask for an iPod Touch for Christmas.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#15  Edited By natetodamax
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
" Wow, I have to say I'm quite impressed with the scarcity of the "APPLE R OVERPRICED SHIT." comments.
Same
gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By gearhead
@rjayb89 said:
" iPod Touch, so you can purchase the Giant Bomb App. "
Good point 
: P