• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by IanYarborough (152 posts) -

As a regular watcher of 'I Love Mondays', I can't help but notice that, anecdotally, Ryan seems to call in sick on Mondays a fair bit. Is he in poor health, or is Monday just hangover day?

#2 Posted by Questionable (619 posts) -

Not just due to sickness, they also have to leave the office for exclusive previews and stuffs

#3 Posted by Milkman (16782 posts) -
#4 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
Calling in sick.
#5 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5474 posts) -

He's still relatively young, probably don't need to worry about him dying much unless its via overdose a la Chris Farley. That said he might not reach life expectancy :'(

#6 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3051 posts) -

I'm sure he's fine. People get sick, so what? He was there today, at least.

#7 Posted by Coafi (1488 posts) -

@Milkman said:

I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING!

#8 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1180 posts) -

R.I.P. Ryan Davis 1945-2012

"Fuck video games."

#9 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -

Giant Bomb killed him.

#10 Posted by DanteFaustEsq (109 posts) -

As someone with a typically dark sense of humor the whole line of questioning both Ryan, and Jeff's health on the forums has become a big gross to me.  I'm not saying to stop to anyone but it just seems in very poor taste.

#11 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

This is probably no laughing matter, but I find this thread to be pretty damn funny.

#12 Posted by TheGorilla (230 posts) -

@IanYarborough: You realize ILM isn't a structured format that everyone needs to be there for? Often times one of them is off doing something else. They're in meetings, at press events, or busy reviewing a game. They don't just sit at their desks all day. It's easy for one of them to be off doing something when the others film ILM.

#13 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@DanteFaustEsq said:
As someone with a typically dark sense of humor the whole line of questioning both Ryan, and Jeff's health on the forums has become a big gross to me.  I'm not saying to stop to anyone but it just seems in very poor taste.
#14 Posted by CannonGoose (373 posts) -

@Claude said:

@DanteFaustEsq said:
As someone with a typically dark sense of humor the whole line of questioning both Ryan, and Jeff's health on the forums has become a big gross to me. I'm not saying to stop to anyone but it just seems in very poor taste.

I wouldn't let a 3 year old play this game.

#15 Posted by NickL (2246 posts) -

@Icicle7x3 said:

"Fuck video games."

I think your dates might be off a bit. That makes him 67 years old. No way he is that young!

#16 Edited by damswedon (3191 posts) -

Ryan died just before CBSi bought Giant Bomb and Comic Vine. Whiskey Media couldn't afford a Replicant that could properly copy Ryan and they were fucked. CBSi came in bought GB and CV and the current Ryan Replicant has to go in for repairs on a Monday. That's why he seems to be off a lot.

#17 Posted by evanbower (1211 posts) -

@damswedon said:

Ryan died just before CBSi bought Giant Bomb and Comic Vine. Whiskey Media couldn't afford a Replicant that could properly copy Ryan and they were fucked. CBSi came in bought GB and CV and the current Ryan Replicant has to go in for repairs on a Monday. That's why he seems to be off a lot.

Swing and a miss.

#18 Posted by Village_Guy (2575 posts) -

I know this is probably a joke thread, but I simply find it in poor taste and not funny at all :(

#19 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Village_Guy said:

I know this is probably a joke thread, but I simply find it in poor taste and not funny at all :(

Hugs and kisses. This site needs work.

#20 Posted by Village_Guy (2575 posts) -

@Claude: Oh Claude how I love thee.

#21 Posted by granderojo (1788 posts) -

When you live in the Bay Area, you are prone to getting sick often. It's just comes with living there.

#22 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@Village_Guy said:

This was supposed to be funny? :( Now I feel bad too!

#23 Posted by Village_Guy (2575 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@Village_Guy said:

This was supposed to be funny? :( Now I feel bad too!

Maybe *shrug*

The majority of the responses are at least.

#24 Posted by Reisz (1494 posts) -

@Claude said:

@Village_Guy said:

The site is doing fine, it's the attitude of the community that could serve to ease up a bit, but then general poor taste is an internet wide problem.

He is who he is, no more needs to be said.

#25 Posted by GunnBjorn (2911 posts) -

He's what? Age 33, 34 maybe? That's still young. He's fine. He said he'd either food poisoning or the stomach flu. That can happen. However, I do worry about his weight. There's nothing wrong with living the good life, but in the long run it might affect his health.

#26 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Reisz said:

@Claude said:

@Village_Guy said:

The site is doing fine, it's the attitude of the community that could serve to ease up a bit, but then general poor taste is an internet wide problem.

He is who he is, no more needs to be said.

I was being sarcastic. Ryan is fine. He is a grown man.
#27 Posted by Grillbar (1825 posts) -

@Icicle7x3 said:

"Fuck video games."

so what your saying is that ryan davis is about 67 years old...

#28 Posted by prestonhedges (1965 posts) -

He died inside a long, long time ago.

#29 Posted by RandomHero666 (3181 posts) -

Everyone is dying.

He's probably at some meetings, or hungover.

#30 Posted by AssInAss (2646 posts) -

@GunnBjorn said:

He's what? Age 33, 34 maybe? That's still young. He's fine. He said he'd either food poisoning or the stomach flu. That can happen. However, I do worry about his weight. There's nothing wrong with living the good life, but in the long run it might affect his health.

#31 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

It's actually NyQuil.

#32 Edited by Levio (1784 posts) -

Today I bring you all sad news.

The man behind Giantbomb's success, and a personal hero to us all, has left us forever.

Let us all take a moment to remember the good times and the bad, and the founder of Whiskey Media who would outlive it only briefly...

Rest in peace Ryan Davis

1957-2012

He loved Mondays

Good night sweet prince

#33 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

@damswedon said:

Maybe the people who made the Tupac hologram made a Ryan Davis hologram?

#34 Posted by SlashDance (1814 posts) -

If something were to happen to him this thread would become horribly ironic.

#35 Posted by _Zombie_ (1462 posts) -

There is clearly a deeper meaning to this. And it's obviously tied to the Illuminati.

#36 Edited by StrikeALight (1114 posts) -

I blame the GF.

@Village_Guy said:

Kinda, but not quite. Though I often worry about the dudes for no particular reason.

#37 Posted by charlie_victor_bravo (1010 posts) -

He is a journalist, so I go with drunkard option.

#38 Posted by ripelivejam (3947 posts) -

@Claude said:

Calling in sick.

i are aroused

#39 Posted by kristov_romanov (459 posts) -

If anything happens to him the mystical forces that be will activate the next Ryan Davis, the next chosen one.

The new Ryan Davis will continue the fight against bad games and good taste.

#40 Posted by LastNinja (281 posts) -

@kristov_romanov said:

If anything happens to him the mystical forces that be will activate the next Ryan Davis, the next chosen one.

The new Ryan Davis will continue the fight against bad games and good taste.

Against bad games and against good taste? Or against bad games and FOR good taste?

#41 Posted by hwy_61 (922 posts) -

@Levio said:

1957-2012

lol

#42 Posted by Rafaelfc (1347 posts) -

@Levio said:

He loved Mondays

this totally destroyed me, well played sir!

#43 Posted by TooWalrus (13197 posts) -

A dude I work with has Ryans... er, body type. He's 39, and had to take a week off to recover from a heart attack. If I was Ryans close relative or something, I'd definitely be encouraging him to make better choices.

#44 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

@Icicle7x3 said:

"Fuck Ryan Davis."

FTFY

#45 Posted by OrwellHuxZam (112 posts) -

Rarely is Vinny on ILM, and, aside from sleep deprivation, he's fine.

#46 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

The really funny posts in this thread make up for all the panty-twistees being too serious.

And then had to come in and ruin it all with ponies. Thanks, duder.

#47 Posted by Demoskinos (14826 posts) -

YOLO

#48 Posted by Jams (2961 posts) -

@TooWalrus said:

A dude I work with has Ryans... er, body type. He's 39, and had to take a week off to recover from a heart attack. If I was Ryans close relative or something, I'd definitely be encouraging him to make better choices.

I had a 22 year old friend who was going to a naval officer school. He was super fit and got in a drunk driving accident (passenger of drunk driver). Now he's a vegetable who's going to live out the rest of his days with a feeding tube in his throat and in a convalescence. There's more than 1 way to ruin your life.

#49 Edited by algertman (852 posts) -

Ryan Davis

1923 - 2007

He was buried in cargo shorts, a polo shirt, and a new pair of New Balance.

Patrick stole his shoes at the funeral.

Alex was not welcome.

#50 Posted by Claude (16254 posts) -
@Ravenlight said:

The really funny posts in this thread make up for all the panty-twistees being too serious.

And then @Claude had to come in and ruin it all with ponies. Thanks, duder.

Sorry. It was too soon for ponies.