I've had enough of this shit.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

Edited By Out_On_Bail
Today I went to Radio Shack to get ethernet cable after realizing that my cat must of apparently found the old one to be a chew toy.  As I was at the checkout the lady asked if I needed any batteries.  I gave her a blank stare and said "no thanks."  I was outraged that she would have the audacity to ask me such a question, if I needed batteries wouldn't I of gotten them on my own?  Needless to say I won't be going to Radio Shack ever again.  After I stormed out with my new cable, I decided I wanted some food.

So then I went to Chic-Fil-A and ordered a combo meal, which then was followed with the question "You want to make that large?"  Um, did I say I wanted it large?  Who does she think she is, offering me stuff that I don't need?  This aggrivated me to a whole new level.  First radio shack, then Chic-Fil-A.  I decided I was going to boycott that restaurant, seeing as they seem to feel the need to offer me things that I might not be interested in.  

It's businesses like this that drive me crazy, constantly offering stuff even after I've already decided to give them my money.  And before any of you say that I should of gone to Best Buy, I can't.  I'm currently boycotting them because they always ask if I want to be in their rewards program.  I guess it's only internet shopping for me, forever.

EDIT:  Sarcasm doesn't translate very good-  this is not to be taken seriously.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Out_On_Bail
Today I went to Radio Shack to get ethernet cable after realizing that my cat must of apparently found the old one to be a chew toy.  As I was at the checkout the lady asked if I needed any batteries.  I gave her a blank stare and said "no thanks."  I was outraged that she would have the audacity to ask me such a question, if I needed batteries wouldn't I of gotten them on my own?  Needless to say I won't be going to Radio Shack ever again.  After I stormed out with my new cable, I decided I wanted some food.

So then I went to Chic-Fil-A and ordered a combo meal, which then was followed with the question "You want to make that large?"  Um, did I say I wanted it large?  Who does she think she is, offering me stuff that I don't need?  This aggrivated me to a whole new level.  First radio shack, then Chic-Fil-A.  I decided I was going to boycott that restaurant, seeing as they seem to feel the need to offer me things that I might not be interested in.  

It's businesses like this that drive me crazy, constantly offering stuff even after I've already decided to give them my money.  And before any of you say that I should of gone to Best Buy, I can't.  I'm currently boycotting them because they always ask if I want to be in their rewards program.  I guess it's only internet shopping for me, forever.

EDIT:  Sarcasm doesn't translate very good-  this is not to be taken seriously.
Homer39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Homer39

its just a suggestion man calm down

alsnuts2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By alsnuts2

would you like some cheese with your whine today?

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Meeh, I just say no and look at them wierd, they regret telling me that

If you go on with this boycotting you'll find a reason to never go anywhere ever again. 
azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By azteris

I hope you're joking.

Also, it's spelled Chick-fil-A.

TomTheRealist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By TomTheRealist

Dude, chill out. It's marketing. 'You want this too? Did you miss it the first time?' some of the time this works.

'Huh, 99p extra for large fries and a large drink; why not.' That's what I think sometimes when asked. You'll see it all over the internet too; ten times worse. Internet shopping is riddled with advertising for stuff you wouldn't buy in a million years. 
Chill out.
Out.
Chill.

Out.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Hamz

People just doing their job and retail work often involves trying to cater to the customer, maybe make them spend that extra bit more on something they may not necessarily need but thats how retail works. You might not see it like that but it's simply people doing what they get paid to do, they are only trying to be helpful and polite about it.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Bah, I guess i didn't lay the sarcasm thick enough-  yes it is a joke, in reference to those who hate on Gamestop.

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Metroid545

lol you will see this almost everywhere you go. Getting upset about it won't help so just suck it up and say no

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By CL60

Troll topix everywheres!

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Out_On_Bail

I'm not trolling at all, Im blogging about my personal experiences today.

azteris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By azteris
@Out_On_Bail said:
" Bah, I guess i didn't lay the sarcasm thick enough-  yes it is a joke, in reference to those who hate on Gamestop. "
I don't think this type of thing is why people hate on Gamestop.

I hate any business that takes out the cover out of the plastic to put a sticker on it.
Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By Systech

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5f17af3f88819
deactivated-5f17af3f88819

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lol I will admit that I did not catch the sarcasm there till you mentioned it. Sarcasm + internet doesn't allows work. The internet is a serious place you know:P lol.

Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Azteris: I agree with you to an extent.  I don't blame the business, I blame the people who do the act.  It's not a company policy to open boxes and sell them as brand new.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16  Edited By KaosAngel
@sidescroller said:
" Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet.Otherwise, nice job, because you made me laugh. "
QFT, I got into trouble yesterday cause some conservative posters didn't get my joke about Natal and colored people.  >_>
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@sidescroller: thanks for getting it-  it was a valiant effort, once again coming up short on authenticity.
asurastrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By asurastrike
@Out_On_Bail said:
"

"
Wow you are either a complete idiot or a terrible troll.
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Keyser_Soze
@Out_On_Bail said:
" Bah, I guess i didn't lay the sarcasm thick enough-  yes it is a joke, in reference to those who hate on Gamestop. "
Difference is when a game store employee asks if you would like the Game Guide I take as a personal insult, against me, my honour, dignity and most of all my gaming skills.
Keyser_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Keyser_Soze
@KaosAngel said:
"
@sidescroller said:
" Sarcasm doesn't translate well on the internet.Otherwise, nice job, because you made me laugh. "
QFT, I got into trouble yesterday cause some conservative posters didn't get my joke about Natal and colored people.  >_> "
Fuck them. They're a bunch of whining little bitches.
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Out_On_Bail

Hey guys, sorry if you think I was trolling.  That was not my intention.  I just wanted the few who hate on Gamestop's practices to realize that it's not just gamestop, but most all businesses do the same.  

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#22  Edited By Suicrat
@Out_On_Bail:
Upselling is part of the retail marketing paradigm. If you want to end it, you should vocalize your displeasure about it to the companies doing it directly.
Matt_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Matt_

DUDE, I love chikfila!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#24  Edited By mike
@Out_On_Bail said:
Wait...do you work at Gamestop?
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By pirate_republic

How dare you, you horrible troll! MODS, LOCK THIS.

If you didn't pick up my sarcasm, I was making a reference to the fact that posters quickly slam down on people they disagree with.

DECA555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DECA555
@alsnuts2 said:
" would you like some cheese with your whine today? "
hahaha 
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@MB said:
"
@Out_On_Bail said:
Wait...do you work at Gamestop? "
I wish I did, sadly gamestop won't pay any of the bills I have.  Maybe If I was instantly promoted to store manager they might.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By Gunner

statistics show that people are more likely to buy something if you offer it to them.

its nothing personal, its just the majority of the population doesnt really know what they want.

Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Player1
@Azteris said:
"
@Out_On_Bail said:
I don't think this type of thing is why people hate on Gamestop. I hate any business that takes out the cover out of the plastic to put a sticker on it. "
Don't forget the fact that the "NEW" game you receive without the plastic around it was probably PLAYED by a gamestop employee. 
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jayge_

Sarcasm or not, your first mistake (if you actually went to Radio Shack) was buying an ethernet cable of all things. Just make your own! It's actually kind of relaxing.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By mordukai

People still buy cables at Radio Shack?? Wow..Just Wow. I stopped buying cables from stores long ago. the internet is your best bet for cables. 

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By teh_destroyer

All it takes from you is a "No, thank you."
You have some anger issues my friend.

Optiow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Optiow

I think you are taking it a little to hard with the Food place, but the person at the store had no right to ask you if you wanted battery's.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By ahriman22

ITT: Hating people who do their jobs.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By vidiot

Kanji Says:
"Batteries?! I don't have time for this shit! RadioShack can get bent!"
Out_On_Bail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Out_On_Bail
@Jayge: lol i wouldn't even know how to make one, nor do I think I would want to.  Maybe next time I'll take that into consideration.  I only went to radio shack because I wanted it fast, and there's a store 2 minutes from my house.  Convenience FTW.
Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

It's a good thing you said it was sarcasm, I was going to recommend that you take some Exlax to rid yourself of all that constipation.