I've never had a friend.

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#101  Edited By JJWeatherman
@HitmanAgent47 said:
" @Rockdalf: your not funny, I was just being sarcastic. I can disarm knives and guns btw, I take krav maga, I'm not joking. Who do you think you are talking back to me you little shit. You probally think your clever or something and not some generic bottlefeeder. That's why I hate replying back to bottomfeeders with less than a thousand post. "
Oh HitmanAgent47. What will we ever do with you?
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#102  Edited By wrighteous86
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Wrighteous86: For the op, he of course comes as one who'd benefit from having friends because he's wondering if he'd be better off with some.  For my forum activity, I do very much enjoy reading other peoples opinions on various topics, interacting with them, stating my own... however, it's not the same thing as real life interaction. Here, people can't directly judge me on my physique or whatever. Here, the only way I'm represented is by my avatar and these words. You can't hear my voice, see me or anything. I don't need to constantly go through ridicule or insults, here, because of that. Yes, one of the reasons I avoid others is because I'm afraid of making myself vulnerable to another human being. Maybe I'd like to form some kind of relationship with someone who shared the same tastes as I do, but I know that's impossible. Everyone's an asshole; I don't need them. "
So you admit that you want friends, but you can't or won't make them, and that people judge you.  A friend wouldn't judge you.  Therefore, you admit that having a friend is better than not.  I'm sorry for the situation you're in, and it sucks.  I wish you had friends that could help you through it.  I'm sure there are people out there that would be willing to if they got to know you.  It's a hard and scary thing for some people to make friends, I get that.  But denying that it would improve your life at all probably isn't the best way to go about things.  Hang in there buddy, I enjoyed this little debate with you.  Nothing's impossible, sometimes it just takes a lot of hard work, or brave leaps of faith.  I hope you're truly happy where you are, but if you're not...do what it takes to make sure you are.  You're worth it.

For the record, I'm usually not this cheesy and sentimental, you guys just caught me in an off day.  I have learned to appreciate the great friends I have though, so thanks for that.
Avatar image for theherbivorousbig
theherbivorousbig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@JJWeatherman said:
" @HitmanAgent47 said:
" @Rockdalf: your not funny, I was just being sarcastic. I can disarm knives and guns btw, I take krav maga, I'm not joking. Who do you think you are talking back to me you little shit. You probally think your clever or something and not some generic bottlefeeder. That's why I hate replying back to bottomfeeders with less than a thousand post. "
Oh HitmanAgent47. What will we ever do with you? "
DUDE HE'S NOT JOKING
TheGremp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By TheGremp

My friends are nothing but a bother to me.  They're all morons, and I have nothing in common with them, yet they still talk like "duuuude we need to hang out sometime" and never follow through. 

I've heard so much talk about how great a "true" friend is, but I've never had one.  As it stands, I could get along just fine without any of my friends.

HaltIamReptar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By HaltIamReptar
@HitmanAgent47:I miss your old avatar.
BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#106  Edited By BaneFireLord

This is a very depressing thread.

demontium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#107  Edited By demontium
@griefersstolemykeyboard said:
" Am I missing out? "
You already know the answer to this damn question. Of course you're missing out, you wouldn't be wondering if you weren't (hopefully that makes sense). Now look, I have no idea of your age range, nor am I the most popular dude in my highschool, but even one friend is enough. 

Who are you gonna share all the memories of the stuff your parents/gaurdians don't want you to? What do you do on the weekends? You can't just sit on this site or play video games all the time. We all need to  experience whats out there. Leave your hometown with a friend, get a girl/boyfriend, do something! If you're in college or at least 17, its time you went to a party, a real one, even if you aren't gonna drink. 

Trust me, I know this mentality, it used to be me. You watch anime, you hang out with the few kids who do the same shit you do when you get home, and you think everyone out there is a prick or douchebag. It's not true, a lot of people aren't as obsessed with nerdom as you or I may be, but that's something socially acceptable these days. 

Example: I don't brag that I've spent 10s of thousands of dollars on video games, I can make fun of myself for it though, because to them its funny. Go get friends.
BBQBram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#108  Edited By BBQBram

Geez a lot of these reactions are fucking sad. Make some friends man, someone to empathize with and share experiences with. 

People telling you it's okay to be alone; are they happy? I doubt it.

The guy saying trust no one - not everyone rolled with a gang, some of us have experienced love and friendship and not just the pack mentality.

Djeffers03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#109  Edited By Djeffers03

Really? Never?! Not even In school?

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By gamefreak9

... this is a plea for attention... maybe you need friends if this is where you get your fix. 

Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By Hitchenson

I would have been jumping off of my local viaduct a while ago if I was you. Good luck.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By laserbolts
@HitmanAgent47:  aren't nwo done? i though wcw was bought out by the wwe
AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By AlexW00d

Absolutely everyone is a cunt, so nope, you are not missing out.

EpicSteve

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

User Lists: 11

#114  Edited By EpicSteve

This thread depresses me.

JB16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#115  Edited By JB16

You've never had a friend in your entire life?!?! That's pretty sad, you have no idea on how much you're missing out on. Plus your lack of social skills are going to hurt you in the long run, especially when you hit adult-hood. Also all the people that are being pessimistic and encouraging your lack of friends are just bitter, pathetic, sociopaths.

Everyone needs at least one trustworthy friend, no exceptions.

BetonneTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By BetonneTom

Seeing how this thread has evolved, maybe it is time to just leave it here. The opening post is something that we have no good answer for, 
at least not without a LOT of disagreement.  

I think that this is something that goes quite deep for some, hurts even as i reed some comments. 
so why just not drop it? Because on the internet arguments are never settled they just go on and on....  

Duder_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Duder_Me

You are so missing out. When I am not with friends, I feel really bored, even If I am playing games or on the computer. Being alone is very depressing when your young.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#118  Edited By FancySoapsMan
@JB16:  Some people like being alone though.

Not everyone wants friends. It's ok, sort of. As long as you don't completely close yourself off from other people.
spudtastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By spudtastic

I volunteer to be your friend.Now you can't say no one ever offered! HA!

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@laserbolts: just research the word or term on google and see what you find.
WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#121  Edited By WickedCestus

Make more marines!  

I mean friends! They are also good!

WickedCestus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By WickedCestus
@FancySoapsMan said:
" @JB16:  Some people like being alone though.  Not everyone wants friends. It's ok, sort of. As long as you don't completely close yourself off from other people. "
Yeah, lots of people like to be alone. But it's way better to have at least someone. I love being alone, and I am a lot of the time, but I still have a good group of friends that I know I can turn to if I get bored. Having no friends means having less choices of what to do, which is sad. I don't want to tell people how to live their life, but there's no bad side to having friends.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#123  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Giant Bomb, I am disappoint. I'm not sure what's worse about this thread; Hitman saying everyone with less than a thousand posts is an idiot, people in the thread warring with each other, or the people telling the OP he's a backwards retard.

To the OP I'd say as long as the way you live doesn't damage anybody else's quality of life you can do whatever you want, if you like being alone that's fine, however, I believe you're missing out from not having friends around. I wouldn't say I'm a social person and I'm very introverted, I often enjoy being alone, but I still have friends. Yes, it's true that even the people closest to you can stab you in the back but I've found even if you're a very reserved person having friends can be very fun, very fulfilling, and often help keep you from going completely insane. Don't be fooled into thinking that having friends is about going out and getting drunk or "hanging out with your bros, yo", it's just about finding some like-minded people that you can enjoy life with in whatever way you like to. It doesn't matter if you're socially outgoing, very awkward, nerdy, a jock, smart, dumb, good-looking, not so good-looking, or whatever, whoever you are there will be people out there who you can likely enjoy life with.

If you've never had a friend before it will be hard stepping out of your comfort zone but just get out there and be yourself. All great adventures in life will put you outside of your comfort zone, but you only live once. The best case scenario is that you'll find some friends and it'll change your life, the worst case scenario is that you'll have learned something major about yourself and you can you were brave enough to make the steps you did.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#124  Edited By JJWeatherman
@Gamer_152 said:
" Giant Bomb, I am disappoint. I'm not sure what's worse about this thread; Hitman saying everyone with less than a thousand posts is an idiot, people in the thread warring with each other, or the people telling the OP he's a backwards retard.  To the OP I'd say as long as the way you live doesn't damage anybody else's quality of life you can do whatever you want, if you like being alone that's fine, however, I believe you're missing out from not having friends around. I wouldn't say I'm a social person and I'm very introverted, I often enjoy being alone, but I still have friends. Yes, it's true that even the people closest to you can stab you in the back but I've found even if you're a very reserved person having friends can be very fun, very fulfilling, and often help keep you from going completely insane. Don't be fooled into thinking that having friends is about going out and getting drunk or "hanging out with your bros, yo", it's just about finding some like-minded people that you can enjoy life with in whatever way you like to. It doesn't matter if you're socially outgoing, very awkward, nerdy, a jock, smart, dumb, good-looking, not so good-looking, or whatever, whoever you are there will be people out there who you can likely enjoy life with.  If you've never had a friend before it will be hard stepping out of your comfort zone but just get out there and be yourself. All great adventures in life will put you outside of your comfort zone, but you only live once. The best case scenario is that you'll find some friends and it'll change your life, the worst case scenario is that you'll have learned something major about yourself and you can you were brave enough to make the steps you did. "
/thread 

Please, /thread.
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#125  Edited By Claude

Friends on the internet mean more to me than one would think. A friend is a friend, no matter how they're arranged.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#126  Edited By blackbird415
@Wrighteous86 said:
" I was really popular in high school and college, and still have the same large group of close friends I've had all my life.  I'm good at meeting new people, but have trouble balancing so many people with demands on my time."
I find my self in a similar situation. I have friends, but it not really a group like I used to have in highschool. My friends are spread out socially so I find it difficult balancing those people with school as well as finding time for video games, but its still 
cool to hang out with people
Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#127  Edited By Vinny_Says

don't you just eventually grow bored?

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By owl_of_minerva

Threads like these make me wonder if the growth of internet 'culture' such as message boards, virtual communities of all types, online gaming, etc. have started to colonise people's lives to the point where they never get outside enough to learn social skills and develop friendships. If you're in school or university then this is where most long-lasting friendships will be made, you really ought to make an effort to find like-minded people. Even if they're only people you'd play games with once in a while or something. 
Some people prefer fewer and deeper friendships and that's fine, but to have no friends is far from ideal for your development. Put yourself out there more and best of luck.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

#129  Edited By tearhead
@griefersstolemykeyboard:   Moral of this thread? Don't be like HitmanAgent47, get some damn friends.

In all seriousness though... One of the most precious things on this earth is human interaction, especially with those who share the same interests that you do. Don't be cynical and put yourself on guard because you MIGHT get hurt. Be smart about the people who you choose to interact with and if you find someone who you do connect with, open yourself to them a little. Every relationship is unique and the resulting emotions from friendship cannot be replicated anywhere. Life is short dude, try your hardest to experience every unique and beautiful thing that we humans have the privilege to comprehend. 
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Claude
@owl_of_minerva said:
" Threads like these make me wonder if the growth of internet 'culture' such as message boards, virtual communities of all types, online gaming, etc. have started to colonise people's lives to the point where they never get outside enough to learn social skills and develop friendships. If you're in school or university then this is where most long-lasting friendships will be made, you really ought to make an effort to find like-minded people. Even if they're only people you'd play games with once in a while or something. 
Some people prefer fewer and deeper friendships and that's fine, but to have no friends is far from ideal for your development. Put yourself out there more and best of luck. "
Some of the great letters of history are from people separated because of time and space. Friendships lasted through words written... is the internet not a letter written in real time?
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Not one person in the history of the world has never had a single friend.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Hamst3r

Making friends is easy:

Step 1. You're already doing it by posting on Giant Bomb.
Step 2. Make a thread asking if anyone lives near you.
Step 3. Meet up and hang out.
Step 4. Cut their legs off at the knee so they can't leave.

See? Easy. I've got a basement full of friends.

owl_of_minerva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By owl_of_minerva
@Claude:  Very well said and I agree with you Claude. I think the internet is valid means of communication and one can certainly form friendships through it, but I really think that it's limiting one's ability to negotiate real-world challenges and social settings that are more demanding than one finds on the internet typically. I wouldn't want to put down the internet but it should be balanced by RL friendships and activities.

Edit: I'm presuming that the thread creator is young and wondering about his social situation. If they're older than my advice would differ significantly.
davidh219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By davidh219

Go to a party and get stoned out of your mind. Guarantee somebody will want to be your friend after you do something so stupid that everybody dies laughing. 

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Claude
@owl_of_minerva said:
" @Claude:  Very well said and I agree with you Claude. I think the internet is valid means of communication and one can certainly form friendships through it, but I really think that it's limiting one's ability to negotiate real-world challenges and social settings that are more demanding than one finds on the internet typically. I wouldn't want to put down the internet but it should be balanced by RL friendships and activities. "
Balance in life goes a long way that's for sure. At least I don't type LOL, LMAO or some shit, oh god, just shoot me if I do.
PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By PrivateIronTFU
@davidh219 said:
" Go to a party and get stoned out of your mind. Guarantee somebody will want to be your friend after you do something so stupid that everybody dies laughing.  "
That's how I made half of my college friends.
Rockdalf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By Rockdalf

Certain irony is that I had to leave this thread cause a friend of mine needed me last second to brave the weather and give him a ride back from Lexington (roughly 65 miles out).  Yeah, good friends are good to have.

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Red12b

This thread is kinda depressing  

shirogane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By shirogane
@Claude said:
" @owl_of_minerva said:
" @Claude:  Very well said and I agree with you Claude. I think the internet is valid means of communication and one can certainly form friendships through it, but I really think that it's limiting one's ability to negotiate real-world challenges and social settings that are more demanding than one finds on the internet typically. I wouldn't want to put down the internet but it should be balanced by RL friendships and activities. "
Balance in life goes a long way that's for sure. At least I don't type LOL, LMAO or some shit, oh god, just shoot me if I do. "

Ya just did. Can i shoot ya now? 

As for friends, everyone i've met has either been a total asshole, or is just lazy and doesn't ever want to do anything. Or they're always totally drunk and make me want to just smack them across the head everytime they say something.
Bigrhyno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Bigrhyno
@griefersstolemykeyboard said:
" Am I missing out? "
That depends on the type of person you are. I am a bit of a loner and like to spend a lot of time alone, but I still have friends. I had a friend that I knew in high school over last night. We hung out and played games and stuff, and it was fun, but I only enjoy doing that every now and then. The fact that you post on a forum tells me that you enjoy some interaction with other people, therefore you would probably enjoy having a friend.
Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Mikewrestler5
@griefersstolemykeyboard: 

Do you have social anxiety?
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By meteora

The last place you want to start asking serious social questions is on GiantBomb. 

Seriously. GTFO with your questions. All it does is unleash the flood of lonely raging nerds.

mylifeforAiur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By mylifeforAiur

I have 172 friends on Giantbomb >.>

galiant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#145  Edited By galiant
@HitmanAgent47
@Rockdalf: your not funny, I was just being sarcastic. I can disarm knives and guns btw, I take krav maga, I'm not joking. Who do you think you are talking back to me you little shit. You probally think your clever or something and not some generic bottlefeeder. That's why I hate replying back to bottomfeeders with less than a thousand post.
Wait, wait. You use post count to measure people's worth? Consider that for a moment.

Also, why can't I flag posts on the mobile site?

As for the TC, if what you're saying is true then all you really need to do is learn to be happy on your own and friends will find you.
SleepyDoughnut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By SleepyDoughnut

Yes you're missing out. Go socialize, make a friend. It's good to have a couple really good friends.

Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Mikewrestler5

You're not alone, man.  I don't have many "friends" either. 

I can't even remember that last time I've been in a social situation with someone other than my family. It's depressing, really. I remember back in high school when I would socialize with people all of the time. I wish I could get that back. :(

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By fullmetal5550

I don't remember where this quote is from but I take it to heart. "A friend is just an enemy in disguise." That is all a friend is.  

fullmetal5550

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By fullmetal5550
@HitmanAgent47 said:

The amount of posts someone has does not matter. What matters is the quality of the post. If you don't like a post that is fine but don't insult the person who wrote it. People with less than a thousand posts are not bottom-feeders.
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Aetheldod

Ironic even Nietzche had friends , albeit for a time .... 

Friend or not friends? I thinks is one of the biggest tragedies of human existence ,
 A.- You feel like shit if you dont have at least some sort of human interaction whatever the medium 
B.- Have too much good faith in other people and you will end up hurt

I too dont have any proper friend ( people who arent family members ) and it sucks a lot , because sometimes theres stuff I want to talk about but I dont like sharing with my family ... also when it comes to creating stuff you  rarely get an honest opinion (in a good way) , awwww FUCK cant write what im thinking , so anyway OP you should seek people out , but dont trust blindly , and sometimes you only need to be just a nice person to others and just talk with someone from time to time , it doesn't hurts to