I've never had a friend.

• 176 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hexx462

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By hexx462
@griefersstolemykeyboard: You may not have had a friend, but take solace in the fact that you aren't HitmanAgent47
oatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By oatz

Yeah, you are missing out fucking big time. 

Avatar image for chocolaterhinovampire
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

I was never really popular, but I still have a strong core group of friends who i've known for years (some since I was 2) and i've never found it difficult to meet a few people here and there at school who's company I enjoy.

Dixego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#54  Edited By Dixego
@hexx462 said:
" @griefersstolemykeyboard: You may not have had a friend, but take solace in the fact that you aren't HitmanAgent47 "
This
MadeinFinland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#55  Edited By MadeinFinland

No worries, it just means you have a higher chance of surviving the zombie apocalypse.  
Me, I have friends right now but the moment I see a zombie I'm casting them all out.

BetonneTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#56  Edited By BetonneTom
@HitmanAgent47: Whoosh its like hearing someone hitting its head against a wall, you CRAZY  

if i were a more motivated person i would search the internet far and wide for an appropriate meme to underline my disdain.  

seriously, i just think someone got a hold of the op's keyboard and made a funny topic
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By TheFreeMan

After seeing hitman's posts, it's safe to say yes you are fucking missing out.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#58  Edited By landon

I've had the same friends since grade school. Anyone who says being alone is better is a social outcast who's never had a true friend.

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By rosebud04
@Wrighteous86:  what do you want a medal?
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HitmanAgent47: ur messed up friend...OP don't listen to this guy.  Just try to get out there a little bit...find some type of hobby or club so you can join up with people in the flesh
BetonneTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By BetonneTom
@CaLe: well that's too bad! but look at it like this, a life takes quite long, people change, you change. but if you are sitting around on you own without friends, thats just no fun!  

live is just to long to be doing it all on your own, and why would you?  there is a reason 4 letters of alone can be found in lonely.  
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@BetonneTom: yeah here is a meme for you, I didn't write this btw, my words are already immortalized. My quotes are already being quoted at this very second. Honestly, who sits there and reads everything I write then turns it into a quote or meme? Wtf.

About a comment here, CL60, with friends like that, who needs enemies. He's one of those few I was referring to when I said two faced backstabber. I call him that like very often, it's not like I trusted him so I can't be betrayed. I had an arguement with someone else, he and other ppl took his side, i'm not suprised how backstabbers are like. They are waiting to betray you and that's human nature. That's why I don't trust ppl.
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Smashlampjaw: It must be the most co-dependent relationship ever conceived
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I don't have imaginary friends, I tried once and he kept ignoring me. What a douche bag.

chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaLe: lol that was probably one of the dumbest things I have ever heard
wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#66  Edited By wrighteous86
@rosebud04: I was trying to be a dick, I'll admit, but since that post I've turned to pointing out Hitman's insanity.

Seems like everything the guy says is a little bit of insanity, mixed with a pop culture quote, throw in some misquotes and a typo and bam, the poster child for no friends.

I know you don't have to turn into Hitman if you've got no friends, but he's a warning sign of the dark path it may lead you down.
OmegaPirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#67  Edited By OmegaPirate
@HitmanAgent47: Or perhaps he along with the other 99% of this forum thought you were a train wreck of a human being with the mental speed of coastal erosion 

There's 'backstabbing' and then theres 'getting the fuck outta dodge' a conversation with you usually leads to people performing the latter rather than the former.  
 As for your 'Immortality' :-  http://memegenerator.net/hitman47alt/ImageMacro/4367932/I-couldnt-have-typed-it-Into-this-meme-generator 

No Caption Provided

Would've taken you about the amount of time it took for you to reply between posts - of course thats quite a conspiracy theory i've got going on so who knows what the truth is!  

Perhaps you should stop being mean to people just for once, and stop stating everything as fact and then acting surprised when people react negatively to you? There's nothing wrong with seeking solace and finding comradery and enjoyment in other people - of course there are dicks out there that are backstabbers and in it for the money / using you. It's live, there are so many people on this planet and not all of them can be nice. However part of life is filtering through that and finding the ones that help you make your existance that much more worthwhile for knowing . 

And thats What the OP is missing out on - jokes and memes aside OP really really try to make some friends, its not hard and they enrich your life in a way that is pretty hard to describe. 
Hell the internet isnt a bad place to start, i've got friends i met through giantbomb that i skype and game with every night that talk as intimiately as some of my closest real lief friends! 

And hitman, again jokes aside imma throw out in an olive branch here, and say that as fun as it can be arguing with you and the mocking banter betwixt you and the other users is highly amusing, i find it kind of upsetting that someone as intelligent as you are (lets be fair, you know your shit about hardware and pcs) can be either really misunderstood - or using your flair for attention for the wrong reasons. 
Seriously dude it would be rad to have someone as active and willing to go that extra mile as another dude to chill with, as opposed to someone to mock - not saying change who you are or anything ! just ease of the gas a little bro!
chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaLe: I never said it was dumb to spin a chair
Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Zabant
@CaLe:  Considering you are somone who values peoples opinion on the amount of forum posts they have made its doubtful anything you say is worthwhile.

Also stop being so emo 
" @Zabant:  The universe will eventually end, so what's the point in anyone existing?   Also, your logic is terrible. "

Well sinse the universe will eventually end you might as well kill yourself and everyone around you. Ha...and to think you insult my logic.
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By habster3

Friends are good, dude; you're missing out. BIG TIME.

ShaunassNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ShaunassNZ

I'm pretty easy to make friends, but I moved to a new town end of last year/start of this year, and you could ask nearly all of the people in my class and they'd tell you I was a fucking dick, but once people get to know me then they realise I know I'm a dick and actually find it funny. Plus people always call me racist, it's not like I mean any of it and go burn pictures of black people. 

You need friends, to find out new artists and music, to take your PC over to theres for a week and play WoW: Cataclysm, then they go to yours for a week. Then you make them get Minecraft and build a sky house.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#72  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I've had people who I considered "friends" in the past. Not anymore. Friends are useless.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Landon said:
" Anyone who says being alone is better is a social outcast who's never had a true friend. "
And? What's a "true friend", anyways? Ever pondered the thought that some people just prefer being alone than being with anyone else? Yes, they might be considered social outcasts, but the people who actually prefer being alone don't give a shit about that label.
huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#74  Edited By huntad

I believe Carlton Banks said it best, and I can only approximate: I don't keep friends. In times of war they can be tortured and give valuable secrets about you. 

But seriously, sure go get some friends. Why not? They can be fun sometimes and annoying other times. 

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By wrighteous86

This thread is depressing.  I always assumed the message board/internet/gamer stereotype was exaggerated (since it doesn't apply to me), but it seems like a lot of you not only fit in with it, but are proudly defending it...

Zabant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By Zabant

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By mutha3

There is nothing wrong with being an introvert, but there is definitely something wrong with being a socially retarded reclusive hermit. Get some friends, OP.

beargirl1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 24

#78  Edited By beargirl1

huh, i'd say you are. 
i can't imagine what i'd be like without friends 

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Wrighteous86 said:
" This thread is depressing.  I always assumed the message board/internet/gamer stereotype was exaggerated (since it doesn't apply to me), but it seems like a lot of you not only fit in with it, but are proudly defending it... "
It's a stereotype. Of course it'll befit some people more than others, even if it's just a very small minority.
landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#80  Edited By landon
@FluxWaveZ said:
" @Landon said:
" Anyone who says being alone is better is a social outcast who's never had a true friend. "
And? What's a "true friend", anyways? Ever pondered the thought that some people just prefer being alone than being with anyone else? Yes, they might be considered social outcasts, but the people who actually prefer being alone don't give a shit about that label. "
No, I've never pondered that. Because I've never been in a situation where I didn't want to share what I loved with my friends. And if I really have to define a true friend to you, then you've obviously never had one. Maybe that was harsh.  I'm sorry. I just find it odd that there are people who prefer to be alone. That would seem boring at times.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#81  Edited By KaosAngel

How this turn into a Hitman Thread?

Stay on topic fools.

chocolaterhinovampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@CaLe: dude what are you...I don't think he was railing against you or anything...he was just making a point.  Your funny dude...keep it up
MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#83  Edited By MysteriousBob
@CaLe said:
" @Wrighteous86 said:
" This thread is depressing.  I always assumed the message board/internet/gamer stereotype was exaggerated (since it doesn't apply to me), but it seems like a lot of you not only fit in with it, but are proudly defending it... "
Oh noes, there are people who are different than you out there. That's just terrible now isn't it. "
When that 'difference' is being a friendless loser: yeah. It is terrible. 

A load of sad bastards in this thread. Try talking to another human being. Thats a good place to start. And I don't mean over Skype.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By KaosAngel

Edit: I'm on mobile, so I shall add that I too have no friends, only business growth.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By mutha3
@MysteriousBob said:
When that 'difference' is being a friendless loser: yeah. It is terrible.  A load of sad bastards in this thread.
Yeah, some of the stuff said in this thread is really depressing.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Landon said:
" No, I've never pondered that. Because I've never been in a situation where I didn't want to share what I loved with my friends. And if I really have to define a true friend to you, then you've obviously never had one. Maybe that was harsh.  I'm sorry. I just find it odd that there are people who prefer to be alone. That would seem boring at times. "
No, you've never pondered that because it seems any perspective different than yours is alien, by what you're saying. And why would what you said be harsh? You can't even define what a "true" friend is, so does that even exist?
MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By MethodMan008
@MysteriousBob said:
" @CaLe said:
" @Wrighteous86 said:
Oh noes, there are people who are different than you out there. That's just terrible now isn't it. "
When that 'difference' is being a friendless loser: yeah. It is terrible.  A load of sad bastards in this thread. Try talking to another human being. Thats a good place to start. And I don't mean over Skype. "
I have a bunch of "friends" at work...  But I go to work full time and I have classes full time...  So if I'm not at either I'd like to just decompress and play some videos or pass out...  Sure I might burn one with some co-workers from time to time, but that's about it. 

People can make choices.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@MysteriousBob said:
" @CaLe said:
" Oh noes, there are people who are different than you out there. That's just terrible now isn't it. "
When that 'difference' is being a friendless loser: yeah. It is terrible.  A load of sad bastards in this thread. Try talking to another human being. Thats a good place to start. And I don't mean over Skype. "
Who the hell are you to say what someone else should consider terrible or not? I'll live my life, you'll live yours. I don't give a fuck if you consider me a "loser"; why should I care what you think of me? People will get friends if they want them; they won't if they don't.
TheSmashing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By TheSmashing

This is a fucked up thread.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By wrighteous86

Here's the thing, everyone that has very close friends in this thread has said it's worth it.  They are in a position to know over people who haven't.  Most of the people saying they enjoy not having friends have not had very close friends.  They are saying this in a position where they don't know the other side.  I'm not saying it's horrible to not have friends, but it is worse than the alternative.  

Being a "loner" doesn't mean you can't have friends.  You can enjoy doing things as an individual or by yourself, but having no one to share your life with, your ideas, your thoughts; not being able to bond or connect with another human being on a substantial level is definitively worse.  Stop trying to justify it.

lakeport_abe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#91  Edited By lakeport_abe

yeah man, every one needs friends. have you never really had even one friend? we're you home schooled maybe? it can seem hard to find friends when you dont have an easy outlet to find them (such as school or work) but maybe you should look around see if there's any clubs in your neighbourhood you can join. maybe even see if there is some giant bombers who know of clubs in your area or even live in your neighbourhood. you're definatly missing out. nothing is quite the same as having friends.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Wrighteous86: Do you need to jump off a high cliff to know that it's a terrifying experience? Do you need to shoot yourself in the head to know you'd be dead? The people saying they enjoy not having friends have not had close friends because they've never wanted to! Isn't that logical? They know they wouldn't enjoy it, therefore they've never done it. 

@Wrighteous86 said:
" I'm not saying it's horrible to not have friends, but it is worse than the alternative. "
So your preferences, mirroring the preferences of most of the population, are supposed to dictate the preferences of every single person? How are you supposed to tell me that having no friends is objectively worse than having some? Am I supposed to tell you Pepsi is objectively worse than Mountain Dew just because that's my preference?
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#93  Edited By Jeust
@griefersstolemykeyboard said:
" Am I missing out? "
Most people turn out pricks soon or later, still there are some good people that make great friends.  Don't lose sight of that.  

And if you ever need to talk you can discuss it with me.  

Personally I don't have many friends, and most of the people I deal with I'm glad they aren't my friends. Still I know some people who are genuinely great. 

@TaliciaDragonsong said:
" I easily make friends, but there's like...only two I consider to be real friends.  Rest has their uses. "
I imagine.  
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By TheFreeMan

even for giantbomb, the amount that people are getting worked up in this thread is fucking crazy.

wrighteous86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By wrighteous86
@FluxWaveZ: So what about friendship has you so opposed to it.  If you know it's "not for you" do you mind elaborating?

You've never come across another person in your entire life that you wanted to form a bond with on any significant level?

Hell, message boards are tools to interact with other people.  Why would you have 9,000 posts on a message board if you didn't see any validity in connecting with other human beings?  If you truly thought living by yourself and on your own was so much better than the alternative, I don't think you'd even seek out as vague and limited a relationship as the one you have with people on this forum.

Also, if he's asking if he's missing out, obviously he's at least curious to have a friend.  Therefore, he is probably missing out.

@CaLe said:

" @Wrighteous86:  You're just being a friend fanboy, admit it! "

You're just afraid of making yourself vulnerable to another human being, admit it!
thebatmobile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By thebatmobile

I saw this thread and immediately shouted to my brother: "Hey, listen to this pretty sad topic on this video game forum: 'I've never had a friend. Am I missing out?'" 

Yes, goddamnit, you're missing out.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#97  Edited By Sambambo

A true friend is a great thing to have.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Putting up with friends and social situations is very exausting for me. I don't know why, however I can't pretend like I give a shit anymore. It just feels so fake and I don't know how you all do it.  

Besides if you have friends that are loners, they rarely want to hang out anyways. You put in all the effort in the friendship and say hey let's hang out, they are like, well I don't feel like it. That on top of them being two faced backstabbers. It only works to your advantage if you are around very social ppl, if you can even keep up. They don't teach you social skills, if they did like a martial art, i'll pay for it and take it to be an expert. There is no manual on social skills because everyone expects you to learn it. Not everyone can and it can isolate them or alienate them. Then again there are ppl like me who doesn't care about other ppl that much and find ppl more of a liability.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By FluxWaveZ
@Wrighteous86: For the op, he of course comes as one who'd benefit from having friends because he's wondering if he'd be better off with some. 

For my forum activity, I do very much enjoy reading other peoples opinions on various topics, interacting with them, stating my own... however, it's not the same thing as real life interaction. Here, people can't directly judge me on my physique or whatever. Here, the only way I'm represented is by my avatar and these words. You can't hear my voice, see me or anything. I don't need to constantly go through ridicule or insults, here, because of that. Yes, one of the reasons I avoid others is because I'm afraid of making myself vulnerable to another human being. Maybe I'd like to form some kind of relationship with someone who shared the same tastes as I do, but I know that's impossible. Everyone's an asshole; I don't need them.
Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#100  Edited By Vinchenzo
@HitmanAgent47 said:
"who just doesn't care"