Japanese kicking out its foreign Brazil-Japanese labor

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

Did you guys hear about this?  They want to pay the foreign latin labor (part Japanese & part Brazilian I guess) to LEAVE Japan & never come back.

This makes me glad that I own a 360 & not supporting a bunch of racist dicks in Japan by buying a Sorny PS3 or a Ninty Wii.

Reported by the NY Times no doubt:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/04/23/business/global/23immigrant.html?ref=world

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By Black_Rose

Harsh, maybe this is a side-effect of the recession but it's cold and heartless nevertheless.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Thats some tough shit, I hope they can resolve this some other way, I always wanted to visit Japan, but not if there being mini nazi's.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

I can confirm this is true.  My professor is from Peru and he got hit with the same deal.  Our university shot back a letter that said he had more education than most in public office in Japan (which happens to be true).  He's sticking at the University teaching away.

Damn I hate this country at times.

Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#5  Edited By Geno

It seems to be affecting only blue collar workers, and as a result of the decreased export due to the recession.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By JakJ

I think the ending quote says it best:

"We worked hard; we tried to fit in. Yet they’re so quick to kick us out,” he said. “I’m happy to leave a country like this.”

Personal opinion: Japan is obviously still deeply ingrained with ignorant racism and isn't even trying to catch up with the rest of the civilized world in the 21st century.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By mike

Don't confuse nationalism with racism. This is the former.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By JakJ
MB said:
"Don't confuse nationalism with racism. This is the former."
I dunno know. The people they're sending out are offspring of Japanese that went to work in Brazil. They still have mostly Japanese blood, and Japanese names. Even so, they still think of them as gaijin because they have some Latin American blood, and that they are no longer Japanese. I'd call that not just racism, but racism to the e(X)treme.
Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

I see nothing at all here that is racist, this is purely an economic decision in very harsh times for them. As to whether this is a bad move or not, time will tell.

Japan is not, "kicking out" or "sending out" ^ anybody, they have simply made an offer to those immigrant workers. If those immigrant workers feel as though their ties with Japan are faint, they will likely take the money and run. While also making accusations of ill treatment...

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JudgeDread

and people wonder why the japanese economy has been fucked for over 20 years....

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By mike
JakJ said:
"MB said:
I dunno know. The people they're sending out are offspring of Japanese that went to work in Brazil. They still have mostly Japanese blood, and Japanese names. Even so, they still think of them as gaijin because they have some Latin American blood, and that they are no longer Japanese. I'd call that not just racism, but racism to the e(X)treme."
Japanese isn't a race, it's a nationality. It's the same way that it's impossible to be "racist" against Americans, because American isn't a race.
JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By JudgeDread
MB said:
"JakJ said:
"MB said:
I dunno know. The people they're sending out are offspring of Japanese that went to work in Brazil. They still have mostly Japanese blood, and Japanese names. Even so, they still think of them as gaijin because they have some Latin American blood, and that they are no longer Japanese. I'd call that not just racism, but racism to the e(X)treme."
Japanese isn't a race, it's a nationality. It's the same way that it's impossible to be "racist" against Americans, because America isn't a race."
i would think that most Japanese would say that Japanese and Chinese are not of the same race...

or maybe more appropriate is that the Japanese does not like people that are not of the Japanese ethnicity.
but today it is more correct to see ethnicity based discrimination and racism as the same thing, just look at former jugoslavia
vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By vidiot
MB said:
Yeah. Uh-huh. Sure.
As someone who has had family that has lived in Japan: Whatever you want to call it dude.
I assume this conclusion to kick out what they deemed "foreigners" was the only option that they had. Give me a break.
Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14  Edited By Hamz

Way to be ignorant kids. America complains about Mexican migrant workers, Britain complains about Eastern European migrant workers and Japan actually makes a positive move to deal with their Latin / Foreign migrant worker problems and everyone calls racism and 'evil Japan!' on them. First of all it isn't racial, it is more nationalist which isn't a bad thing.

Think about it like this. Japan has offered to pay for an individual as well as their dependandts to return home and told them to keep any change from the money given to them to do this, some incentive right there. They have also said anyone asked to leave is still allowed to return to Japan as a tourist, just they are basically banned from being employed or seeking work in Japan. But they may be able to actually return to working in Japan if they fall into what most consider the 'skilled' workforce category, again that is just a maybe.

Japan is an island nation just like the UK and suffers from the same restrictions we do. The biggest of which is housing and employment. If you keep allowing migrant work forces to take the jobs available then what do you do for those born, raised and living in the country who are unemployed? And in the middle of a recession like this it isn't easy to just create a couple of million jobs overnight.

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By JudgeDread

simple, let the most qualified person get the job, regardless of origin. they will still pay taxes, and since they might do a better job their contribution to the economy will be bigger than a somewhat motivated national that might have rather done something else or just want to work a bit to be qualified for government help/money/health care.

JakJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JakJ
Hamz said:
"Way to be ignorant kids. America complains about Mexican migrant workers, Britain complains about Eastern European migrant workers and Japan actually makes a positive move to deal with their Latin / Foreign migrant worker problems and everyone calls racism and 'evil Japan!' on them. First of all it isn't racial, it is more nationalist which isn't a bad thing.Think about it like this. Japan has offered to pay for an individual as well as their dependandts to return home and told them to keep any change from the money given to them to do this, some incentive right there. They have also said anyone asked to leave is still allowed to return to Japan as a tourist, just they are basically banned from being employed or seeking work in Japan. But they may be able to actually return to working in Japan if they fall into what most consider the 'skilled' workforce category, again that is just a maybe.Japan is an island nation just like the UK and suffers from the same restrictions we do. The biggest of which is housing and employment. If you keep allowing migrant work forces to take the jobs available then what do you do for those born, raised and living in the country who are unemployed? And in the middle of a recession like this it isn't easy to just create a couple of million jobs overnight."
Yeah, except in America where there is the occasional raid on ILLEGAL Mexican immigrants (that is people who literally sneaked into the country, used fake documentation, etc). a surprising number of Americans stand up for those people, even though they don't belong here. Hell, even Obama has ordered those raids to be stopped. And only ignorant people with neither the education or the skills to get a real job bitch about the LEGAL Mexicans. The difference here is that these people were LEGAL residents of Japan. With Japanese ancestry. Yet they are being treated worse than the illegal Mexicans who have no business being here in America. Did you read the article, or just type an automatic pro-Japan response to call outt those 'ignorant kids' who call out douchebaggery and racisim when they see it?
JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By JudgeDread
rhrgrt said:
.Furthermore, this isn't racism. Racism is when a single race is targeted for inferiority, and discriminated against. Japan isn't kicking Brazilians out because they're Inferior. The Brazilians are being paid to go home because that way,
 the population of Japan will be more Japanese, and the population will go down.
sorry but that is racism.
AutomaticSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By AutomaticSnake

In Japan Japanese people should come first. if there are few jobs then they should be giving to the japs. They doing the same thing in Spain and hey them hispanics are at least getting some money to GTFO.

So i really don't see why you all hating on japan.

kingyoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By kingyoto

Yah, I heard about this.