Jimmy Falon hosting Late Night, Fail or Win?

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

his first show is on tonight, idk, but its going to be weird not seeing Conan at 12:37 AM

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By weltal

I greatly dislike Fallon and have absolutely no interest in seeing him on Late Night. Whatever, it's not like I'll be watching anything other than Conan in his new timeslot anyway.

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mercator

Not a huge fan of Fallon but I will watch.

zityz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zityz

The tough decision is between Letterman and conan because theyre in the same time slot, and i love both of thier styles.
Fallon is a bum, so it's between him and craig fergason... and fergason owns face.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
Weltal said:
"I greatly dislike Fallon and have absolutely no interest in seeing him on Late Night. Whatever, it's not like I'll be watching anything other than Conan in his new timeslot anyway.
"

idk, i want to be optimistic about him. remember when Conan first appeared on Late Night in the 90's and nobody thought he'll make it through the first season??? yeah, those people are now tuning in every night at 12:37 AM to watch him. but imagine if it works out and NBC has 3 awesome late shows: Jay Leno (even though i don't like him that much) , Conan, and Jimmy in a row, that would be awesome.
weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weltal
LiveOrDie1212 said:
idk, i want to be optimistic about him. remember when Conan first appeared on Late Night in the 90's and nobody thought he'll make it through the first season??? yeah, those people are now tuning in every night at 12:37 AM to watch him. but imagine if it works out and NBC has 3 awesome late shows: Jay Leno (even though i don't like him that much) , Conan, and Jimmy in a row, that would be awesome. "
It's not as if Fallon is some unknown person though, I've seen his work and I don't like it. Everything about the man annoys me and I have no reason to believe him being on Late Night will change that.
LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
Weltal said:
"LiveOrDie1212 said:
idk, i want to be optimistic about him. remember when Conan first appeared on Late Night in the 90's and nobody thought he'll make it through the first season??? yeah, those people are now tuning in every night at 12:37 AM to watch him. but imagine if it works out and NBC has 3 awesome late shows: Jay Leno (even though i don't like him that much) , Conan, and Jimmy in a row, that would be awesome. "
It's not as if Fallon is some unknown person though, I've seen his work and I don't like it. Everything about the man annoys me and I have no reason to believe him being on Late Night will change that.
"

yeah, i understand what you're sayin. im just happy Conan is still around.
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By KamasamaK

Perhaps it would have been better to post this poll after his first show. I'll wait until after I see it tonight before I vote. He's no Conan, that's for sure, but Conan is starting back in June at an earlier time so not much lost.

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Dalai

Guaranteed he will spend 65% of the show laughing at his own jokes.  I kind of like Jimmy Fallon, but I'm not sure if he's the best fit for that job.  I guess time will tell.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 10

#10  Edited By DJ_Lae

Jimmy Fallon is up there on my list of hated celebrities, almost topping Ben Affleck.

Almost.

He's one of those people where if I met him in person I'd probably smash him in the face with the closest blunt object.

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#11  Edited By joey

Jimmy Fallon=Fail, The roots being the band for the show=Win.

m1k3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By m1k3

i will watch just to see how he follows up Conan. I heard that he was going to be up to date with the latest tech stuff.

What i really want to see is The Tonight Show w/ Conan. I really like Conan and his farewell shows were hilarious.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By Systech

I've always disliked Jimmy Falon's work. It's a big ol' fail for me.

Hexpane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By Hexpane

Not a Fallon fan, is he the goat boi thing? IDK  I haven't watched SNL since Chris Farley.  He can't be any more boring than Craig Furgeson

MisterSpiffy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MisterSpiffy

I saw him on Diggnation, seems like I'll like his show.  It's great that he's going to be keeping up with tech.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By jakob187

Personally, I think Fallon will be an awesome host.  I remember when people thought Conan was going to suck, and even the critics were trying to boo him off-stage.  Today, he's a fucking legend, an icon...

I think Fallon will have wet feet going in, but he'll eventually find his groove.  He just has to remember that he can't take himself too seriously right now.
LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By LiveOrDie1212

i have to admit, the promos for this show was so lame, and it's like they're trying to be funny but fell flat. i just hope that wasn't written by his writers or else this show will be an epic fail.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By jakob187
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"i have to admit, the promos for this show was so lame, and it's like they're trying to be funny but fell flat. i just hope that wasn't written by his writers or else this show will be an epic fail."
Again, don't judge the show off the first month worth of episodes.  Fallon's gotta find his groove...just like Conan did...and just like Letterman did...and just like Leno did.

He'll be a great host.  People just gotta give him a chance and stick with him.

And honestly...I think Ferguson is worth jack + shit when compared to Craig Kilborn.
Colonel_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Colonel_Fury

I can't stand Jimmy FAILon (see what I did there?).

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RetroIce4

Jimmy Falon. I dislike him very much. As 4chan would say, he is full of AIDS and FAIL.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#21  Edited By RHCPfan24

I say win. I am not a huge fan of his stuff, but he is a fine comedian. I think he can handle this job rather well.

xXRAWxHEATxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xXRAWxHEATxX

I think he won't do well at first but with a little experience, I think he will do pretty well. Lets hope he doesn't turn into the next Carson Daly.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#23  Edited By JJOR64

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPIC FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIL

NovidAnon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By NovidAnon

Fail, not because of his talent - He dont have any, but because of 3 hours of old school lulz back to back to back. Sometimes being a Narrisstisc boob isn't a good thing.

Bulldog19892

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Bulldog19892

I can't stand Jimmy Falon. Though I can't imagine him being more horrible than Craig Ferguson. That man has never said anything that has made me laugh. Nothing. Ever.

LiveOrDie1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By LiveOrDie1212
Bulldog19892 said:
"I can't stand Jimmy Falon. Though I can't imagine him being more horrible than Craig Ferguson. That man has never said anything that has made me laugh. Nothing. Ever."

i know, Craig Ferguson to me is like a British douchebag. i never laugh at anything he said either.
EvilTwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EvilTwin
LiveOrDie1212 said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
"I can't stand Jimmy Falon. Though I can't imagine him being more horrible than Craig Ferguson. That man has never said anything that has made me laugh. Nothing. Ever."
i know, Craig Ferguson to me is like a British douchebag. i never laugh at anything he said either."
Interesting, because he's Scottish.  Anyways, I think Craig Ferguson is awesome, if only because he's good friends with Kristen Bell and she's been on the show quite a few times. 
Avatar image for deactivated-6296e29cde7c5
deactivated-6296e29cde7c5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

First episode was shaky. But come on, THE ROOTS!!!! ?uestlove!!! I think it will get better. I liked the whole hip, and younger feel of the show. Not saying Conan wasn't hip. I guess it's something about the set.

NovidAnon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By NovidAnon

Its almost like they are deliberately trying to get rid of leno even tho they love him to death... I mean 4 talk shows in the span of 4 hours...

As for the first show... dude was sweating something fierce. Cant tell if its bad or not yet. 
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By Geno

Since when did anyone on Earth think Jimmy Fallon was funny for even a second?

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Mercator
DJ_Lae said:
"

Jimmy Fallon is up there on my list of hated celebrities, almost topping Ben Affleck.

Almost.

He's one of those people where if I met him in person I'd probably smash him in the face with the closest blunt object.

"
Goddamn could you pick two more harmless human beings to have so much feeling for?
Wolverine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#32  Edited By Wolverine

I thought his show was okay last night.