Jurassic World Trailer

• 145 results
supermonkey122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

The trailer for Jurassic World was released yesterday and holy crap it looks awesome. I'm a huge fan of the original film (2 and 3 not so much) and I am a bit skeptical about this one, but overall I think it's gonna be really good, especially with Chris Pratt as the lead. The remix of the original theme in the trailer is so good, it gave me goosebumps.

Here it is:

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Milkman

I thought it looked pretty terrible. Chris Pratt seems to be severely miscast. That music at that end was awesome though.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

It looks goofy as shit, but I have a life bond to Jurassic Park and I loved Safety Not Guaranteed, so I'm more than willing to give this a chance. I disliked Guardians, but I think Chris Pratt is a charming dude, so I'm okay with him being in this. My guess is that this is a pretty poorly edited trailer. I doubt with big blockbusters like this there's much creative freedom in the marketing, and this was probably pieced together by what some dudes in suits think is the most marketable bits of the movie rather than what would make for a compelling tease.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought it looked bad, hybrid dinosaur sounds like a terrible idea, some of the lines sound properly daft.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By s-a-n-JR
I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Will they ever learn?

Do not set up a park around dinosaurs!

You'd think with the catastrophe of what occurred in the first 3 films they'd realize to stop building one. These fat cats will never learn you just don't mess with mother nature.

Other thoughts, I think Chris Pratt playing serious machismo guy being very weird considering his past well known roles he's usually the lovable funny man. I really like how they mixed the original Jurassic Park theme to make it sound extra creepy and terrifying.

Did anybody else get a really Aliens 3 vibe going when they mentioned splicing a dinosaur? I just had sudden images of Jon Lovitz face on a T-Rex.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By MooseyMcMan

It looks like it has the story of a made for TV SyFy Channel movie, but with a decent budget. Looks really dumb.

I will go see it.

And just so you know, that franchise is as important to my childhood, if not more so, than it was to Patrick.

CosmoKramer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chris Pratt acting is awful in this trailer.

When I heard he was cast for this film, I imagined he would be a goofy main character with some knowledge about the setting kinda like in Guardians of the Galaxy. In this, he looks like a self-serious B-movie hero. I mean, his delivery of "Evacuate the island!" makes it seem like he's going to crack up any second, and the little we saw of the script sounds stiff and cheesy. "She's a highly intelligent creature, she'll kill anything that moves", I mean, really? Don't even get me started on the velociraptor/motorbike scene. My overall point is, if you get rid off all the expensive special effects and famous faces, this looks like an Asylum movie trailer.

I know this sounds pretty harsh, but I love Jurassic Park too much to get my hopes up. I'm bracing for disappointment, and this trailer pushed me one step further in this direction. However, yeah, good on them for sticking the theme in there, I'm conditioned to feel chills whenever I hear that.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ZolRoyce

It's a bit sad to see less focus on practical effects for the dinos and more CGI.
But I dunno, it seems... fine, Jurassic Park 1 still exists and is still great with still great effects, so if they want to toss out a new movie with some mumble jumble reason for the dinos to get out and eat people that's okay with me, the CGI may age poorly but it'll probably be a fun watch while it lasts.

Remember that game Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis? This seems like a movie version of all of my playthroughs of that game where I'd build a park and then 'oh no, somethingsomethingmumblemumble all of the dinos escaped and are eating everybody." So I'm down with it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By I_Stay_Puft
No Caption Provided

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AlKusanagi

I don't give a shit about any of the hate. I will see this movie as many times on opening day as I can! The first Jurassic Park was my life when it came out. I saw it in theaters every single day the summer it was out when I was a kid. If it has even 1/10 the wonder of the first one, I'll love it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@alkusanagi said:

I don't give a shit about any of the hate. I will see this movie as many times on opening day as I can! The first Jurassic Park was my life when it came out. I saw it in theaters every single day the summer it was out when I was a kid. If it has even 1/10 the wonder of the first one, I'll love it.

How many times did you watch the 3rd film?

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

Yeah...I dunno. I This trailer is really underwhelming. I love JP and I really want this to be amazing, but I don't like what I'm seeing. Odd casting choices, a B-movie quality storyline, and some dated looking CGI. I'm disappointed so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I'm sure I'll see it when it comes out regardless of any shitty trailers. I love the first two movies so much.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Wow did not know this till now but the director / co-writer Colin Trevorrow also directed the film Safety is not Guaranteed. If you haven't seen the film it's an alright coming of age film but nothing really to gawk about. I'll still give the film a shot for the dinosaurs.

AlKusanagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: There is no second and third film, what are you talking about? This is the first sequel to it.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: There is no second and third film, what are you talking about? This is the first sequel to it.

HAH! Good form.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope its good. God I hope its good

civid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

That plot.... That motorcycle scene.... That awful fucking remix... Yeah, I'll just wait 'till this airs on Netflix or something like that

Wolfgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks good enough for a story about dinosaurs, at least to me. As long as it is better than Jurassic Park 2 and 3 I will be happy.

splodge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is gonna be Pratt's first big dud (performance wise). It is gonna make shitloads of money, but honestly I thought that trailer was terrible.

I loved the first Jurassic Park, thought every movie in the franchise after that was utter garbage. I would love for this new one to be awesome and prove me wrong... but I don't think they will ever instill the same emotions as that first film did in me.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

This is gonna be stupid.

I am looking forward to it.

I liked Jurassic Park 1 and 3, and this looks to be on par with 3.

AcidBrandon18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Loading Video...

But seriously. I thought this trailer looked alright. Hopefully the genetically modified dino doesn't look too stupid.

kylenalepa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a huge Jurassic Park fan, so take this entire post with an enormous grain of salt.

I loved, like, 90% of the trailer. Let's get the gripes out of the way first:
1) Some of the CGI needs work, but the movie's not out for 8 months and, from what I understand, it's not uncommon for there to be unfinished CG shots in trailers.
2) Hybrid dinosaur is still kind of dumb, but it makes sense within the universe. Hell, the dinosaurs in the original were hybrids with the gaps in their DNA filled with frog sequences, allowing them to change sex and mate. It makes sense that the scientists at Masrani would want to keep playing God and tinkering with things to see what they could create - and drive up ticket sales to the park as a result.
3) Some of the dialog is a bit cringe-y but this can easily be chalked up to the editing of the trailer. You've got two minutes and can't spend that entire time on a single conversation, so that necessitates cutting stuff out, resulting in awkward dialogue.

What worked?
1) The homages to the original - the gallimimus herd, the brachiosaurus, the opening of the gate.
2) The colors. Many of the shots were of a modern theme park on a bright-lit day. I expect this will contrast with the darker shots as things start to go wrong (the jungle shots of the destroyed gyropod, for example).
3) The raptors. Seeing them burst out of the cage and follow Chris Pratt's character on the motorcycle was awesome. The idea of trained raptors - which, presumably, they are, since they're not trying to eat Chris Pratt - is intriguing. Lions and tigers are dangerous animals that humans have successfully trained. It makes sense, in the 20+ years since InGen first grew dinosaurs in a lab, that dinosaur behavior has begun to be understood enough that some limited training and interaction is possible.
4) The mosasaur eating the great white shark was so cool. Again, the CGI needs work, but man, if I were at the Jurassic World theme park, seeing that would just blow my mind.

It wasn't a perfect trailer, but keeping in mind that this was intended to premiere on Thanksgiving football on NBC, it wasn't necessarily targeted towards the die-hard Jurassic Park fan. It was targeted towards the kinds of people who sit around the TV watching football - there's some overlap, sure, but they're not the same audiences by far. I still have very high hopes for the final film and the missteps in the trailer are not sufficiently big enough to worry me yet.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It looks bad.

The story seems dumb. The CGI at its current state is bad and not believable (compared to modern stuff like Apes). Chris Pratt has dumb lines in the trailer and delivers them poorly.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Having just gotten into parks and rec, Chris Pratt in a non-funny role is SUCH A BAD IDEA HOLY GOD JESUS MARYY JOSEPH, ARGHHHHHHHHHH. Maybe it will be good, but what a waste of an amazing comedic talent.

Kazzenn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Having no nostalgia for Jurassic Park this looks like your typical Hollywood blockbuster so I have no interest. Chris Pratt is not right for boring action man though but then again nobody is going to be interesting playing that character.

joshwent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My GF and I were absolutely dumbfounded after we watched that ridiculous thing.

It honestly looks like a parody trailer like something from Cracked or Funny or Die.

It will make hundreds of millions of dollars.

conmulligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#29  Edited By conmulligan

Ugh, I hate how clean and futuristic everything looks. One of the great things about the original Jurassic Park was how practical and contemporary the sets looked. Not only did it contribute massively to the film's aesthetic, but it made the pseudo-genetics conceit much easier to buy because everything else seemed plausible. Without that, this just looks like a big-budget episode of Terra Nova.

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

I'm cautiously optimistic about this film. The Jurassic Park remix at the end sounded nice and added a really haunting feel to the trailer. It has Chris Pratt in it, and he's been on fire with films lately, but it doesn't really feel right seeing him play a serious dude based on the trailer. Maybe we see a sense of humor out of his character in another trailer? And the plot seems pretty dumb, but we'll see how it plays out in the film itself. Nevertheless, I'll still see this film and hope for the best because I love the first Jurassic Park so much!

wrecks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#31  Edited By wrecks

People seem to take a movie about a dinosaur theme park a little too seriously. Looks like alot of dumb fun to me.

yinstarrunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks so freaking bad. It looks like a trailer for a fan movie or something.

OnionKnight14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why everyone has to be so cynical about this trailer...We've got Legacy Effects working on the movie (formerly Stan Winston Studios a.k.a some of the greatest movie effects talent around), it's confirmed to have plenty of practical effects, I think Chris Pratt has proven himself as an actor, etc. etc.

I guess I'm just saying it's okay to be cautiously optimistic, but why the hate?

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#34  Edited By big_jon

Looks pretty terrible to me personally.

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By zombie2011

I feel the entire movie will depend on what this Hybrid looks like. If it looks dumb that is all anyone will talk about.

The CG doesn't look so great either, especially that opening shot with gates looked kind of bad.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dunno, Chris Pratt played serious pretty well in Moneyball and Zero Dark Thirty, though he was a supporting character in those.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

I don't know how I feel about this movie.

It seems like a modern take on a movie franchise. It washes away a lot of the tone and topics of the original while transposing the few touchstones we all remember from the original. I really don't like the "new dinosaur" creation. Humans creating dinosaurs, these massive and dangerous creatures that once roamed the Earth, is the overall point. That science for science's sake isn't worth it. Having science then create its own dino just seems unnecessary and more like something that seems great on paper or in a meeting but not on film.

Most likely this will be an above average, or average, summer film but I truly doubt it will be anything special like the original film was.

Also Chris Pratt is awesome.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope it looks like the human reaper from ME2.

Avatar image for deactivated-64162a4f80e83
deactivated-64162a4f80e83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Honestly....

I wish they went with the 'Dinosaurs with Guns' idea they had floating around 4 years ago

a_e_martin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

95% of movie trailers these days are shit. With that in mind, I won't judge this film until I've seen it. I'm cautiously optimistic.

Very cautiously.

It's important to keep you expectations in check. Nothing will ever come close to the first film, that's just how it is. Any deeper thematic meaning this series could possibly offer was already explored (exceedingly well) by the first film, so any new films in the series can only be expected to be decent adventure-thrillers at best, nothing more.

Also, what's with all the blue in that trailer? Everything is blue. Are they bringing back teal filters again? Is the future blue?

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FrostyRyan

The first film is one of my favorite movies of all time. This new one doesn't look much better than the other sequels. I have absolutely no hopes for this. The trailer makes it look so awful.

You just can't capture that awe again from the first one. The sequels were exciting monster movies, and bad ones at that. After two attempts, I'm not optimistic about yet another monster movie with the Jurassic Park brand. If anything, Chris Pratt could bring charm to the movie and make it watchable. That's all I can say. I can't imagine how anyone could be optimistic about this movie...... just.......jesus christ.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@milkman said:

I thought it looked pretty terrible. Chris Pratt seems to be severely miscast. That music at that end was awesome though.

How so?

Granted, I think the original Jurassic Park is a pretty stupid movie with some really nice special effects and this seems to fall right in line with that.

limond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By limond

I was on board until motorcycle Starlord rolled out with pet raptors. Wasn't thrilled with the idea of a hybrid dinosaur either. It turns into a story of man vs mans creation. Not a man vs nature take like the other JPs.

Also super intelligent creatures don't attack everything that moves, that works be the opposite of an intelligent creature. Big claw marks in the wall isn't scary. Muldoon saying how the raptors attacked the fences and learned, that's scary.

Also harping back to the trained raptors, how? Dino's want too hunt, not be fed. They better go into it, but I doubt they will.

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...The movie certainly isn't stupid. Its script is tight and coherent, it's well acted, well directed, a subdued human message wrapped in an exciting and awe-inspiring work of cinema that not only stands the test of time, but transcends it.

Jurassic Park is the reminder that big-budget blockbusters don't have to be stupid. They can be touching and smart.

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Brendan

Eh, it looks like it doesn't have a soul. The standard, non-original trailer music; the cookie cutter Sci-Fi aesthetic, the by-the-numbers acting, and the unexciting looking cinematography and CGI (at least Godzilla at that badass air drop scene) all add up to something that seems like it can't be anything more than pleasant and competent at best.

I was really young when it came out but I'm pretty sure the original Jurassic Park is so ingrained because it's technology was a big jump forward and because Steven Spielberg's trademark directorial traits hadn't yet been cemented in the DNA of most blockbuster movies. This new movie doesn't look like it has anything to be excited about.

Christoffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I don't know about this one. The thing I remember from the original is people getting extremely excited about dinosaurs for a while at school (the actual research about dinosaurs, that is). Having some mutated biological experiment as the heart of the conflict, seems to be less... science. But I could be wrong, maybe the young audience will rally behind the "real" dinos in this one, and disregard the human fiddling with nature, I'd like that.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By koolaid

One thing that seemed really odd to me is that the trailer seemed strangely and subtly sexist. I dunno, maybe I’m being too sensitive. But it just seems strange to me that the seemingly only female character is this Hammond type. And the main character is this “Aw Shucks” Chris Pratt who is all “it’s mighty stupid to be making a new dinosaur.”

I guess it upsets me because we, as the audience, know that making dinosaurs is a stupid idea. But this character doesn’t think it’s a problem, and assumingly, she believes herself to be a pretty smart and in control person. But she is proven wrong by the entire plot of the movie.

Like, this movie seems like it is about a powerful woman making a dumb mistake and getting a bunch a of people killed. A mistake that the down to earth Chris Pratt and the rest of the audience can see coming a mile away. And the unwritten message is like "Oh boy, now Chris Pratt has to bail this dumb bitch out." I don’t know if it’s sexist, but it just rubs me the wrong way.

Also... Chris Pratt doesn't seem too worried riding a motorcycle through a bunch of raptors. Because its cgi and they aren't there. And it looks fake and dumb. Chris Pratt seems like the kind of character that would get killed in the first movie.

And normal dinos apparently aren't scary so instead we need SUPER dinos. Man... we've been burned so many times... why even get our hopes up?

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

I thought the first half of this trailer looked good. A park with dinosaurs, getting close to see them... an experience. I dug it. But then...

'We created a new dinosaur because we have a lot of knowledge about genetics, so we could. Also, it's now going to kill everyone for the rest of the movie, and look at this shadow over this child's face'.

Ugh. It's so not what this movie should be at this point. How are they going to convince the viewer they had, yet again, a reason to mess with genetics and create a flesh eater? It comes off as extremely stupid. If you have the knowledge to create a new type of dinosaur, I'm assuming you have an IQ higher than 90. No doubt I'll feel disconnected if I ever wind up watching this. You ever quit watching a movie because all the characters are so insanely retarded you refuse to accept any actual person would ever act anywhere close to what they are doing and you feel very aware that you are watching a movie? So far, I'm getting the impression that's what this is.

This movie should have been them building a park full of dinosaurs, but problems arise so they have to work to stop them from dying or something like that. Heck, I probably would have been fine with just watching some likable characters going through a relatable character progression with dinosaurs as the theme behind it all.

Phili151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

I thought this fan cut version was quite good.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

1) Some of the CGI needs work, but the movie's not out for 8 months and, from what I understand, it's not uncommon for there to be unfinished CG shots in trailers.

Isn't it the exact opposite? Why would they choose to show unfinished CGI in official trailers...that doesn't make any sense.