Let's talk basketball!

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jon Berry is THE WORST. God damn dude, hop off those clippers nuts.

Also, note to the refs. Rockets were never going to win this game, clippers don't need the extra help.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#852  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@i_stay_puft said:

Someone needs to tell the Rockets they aren't winning with Josh Smith's 3 point shooting!

Can't believe I'm quoting myself but the Rockets might actually win with Josh Smith's 3 point shooting.

THE CLIPPERS CHOKED.

I hate to say this but this might very well be the Rockets series. Clippers up nearly 20 points at the beginning of the 4th quarter and you lose it is a momentum killer. I can only compare this to that Magics vs. Rockets 1995 game 1 finals where the Rockets where down by 20 and won it in overtime in the end, eventually sweeping the favorite Magics.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@i_stay_puft said:

Someone needs to tell the Rockets they aren't winning with Josh Smith's 3 point shooting!

Can't believe I'm quoting myself but the Rockets might actually win with Josh Smith's 3 point shooting.

Bonkers.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

dynamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As a Clipper fan, this game was brutal. Everything was going our way in the third, they cut the deficit by a few points but we were still in control early in the 4th, and then... Looking back at the Spurs series gives me hope that Game 7 is still winnable, but you need a lot of mental strength to get over a loss like this in only 48 hours. Maybe the Rockets will also feel some pressure now that they're almost there. I just want Sunday to be here already and get this over with.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:
@i_stay_puft said:
@i_stay_puft said:

Bonkers.

As a Pistons fan, I can tell you without a doubt that nobody will ever win anything with Josh Smith's 3 point shooting.

Avatar image for schrodngrsfalco
SchrodngrsFalco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#858  Edited By SchrodngrsFalco

Damn son, Paul Pierce so close to being a hero once again. You hate to see a heroic shot that goes in get called back like that.

DocHaus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#859  Edited By DocHaus

Neither team deserved to win that game. The Wiz are garbage, the Hawks are slightly less garbage, just give the trophy to whoever wins the Western finals and end the suffering. John Wall was pretty good but when Kevin Seraphin is the top-scoring big man something has gone terribly wrong. The starting frontcourt combined for 11 points and 4-18 from the field. Fuck DC sports forever.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im still watching the highlights from last nights rockets game. Im still in shock.

Also, bummer for PP. Dude hits another clutch shot but it was just too late.

IzunaDrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GSW were just too multi-faceted for my Memphis Grizzlies.

There was poignant tweet about how as fans of Memphis, it's time to work out if winning a championship or continuing with this adored group of players is more important. Such a tough call.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, just saw the Paul Pierce shot. Clutch shot for a win, another clutch shot that almost got a win, and a third shot short by a split second.

Someone mentioned Chris Paul being a legend for hitting a first round buzzer beater. But if Pierce's three shots were game winners/tiers... that would have been the stuff of legend.

Ray Allen in the Finals a couple years ago, that's still the shot that sticks with me in recent times.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Wow, just saw the Paul Pierce shot. Clutch shot for a win, another clutch shot that almost got a win, and a third shot short by a split second.

Someone mentioned Chris Paul being a legend for hitting a first round buzzer beater. But if Pierce's three shots were game winners/tiers... that would have been the stuff of legend.

Ray Allen in the Finals a couple years ago, that's still the shot that sticks with me in recent times.

TRUTH HURTS.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#864  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@csl316 said:

Yeah he was ridiculously clutch. I think he shot like 50% from three in the series too. It makes you wonder 1) why he was ever open at the end of the game (I know he can get open, but still make someone else shoot) and 2) why Hawks didn't foul to prevent a three.

I think Ray Allen is good call, the Finals shot you're talking about being maybe the single best jump shot I've ever seen (the catch and getting back to the three point line were both insane), but I'm thinking (as a Celtics fan) of the Celtics-Bulls first round 2009, which was one of the best series I've ever seen and in which Ray hit clutch shot after clutch shot and the Celtics won in 7. Only time I can remember one player dropping so many daggers. In game 6 he had 51 too.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: As a Bulls fan, as great as that series was, I've forgotten most of it because it was ultimately a knock out. Any place I can rewatch that whole thing?

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#866  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@csl316 said:

@artisanbreads: As a Bulls fan, as great as that series was, I've forgotten most of it because it was ultimately a knock out. Any place I can rewatch that whole thing?

well a quick search led me to this compilation:

Loading Video...

About to check it out myself. Hopefully it does the series justice. It was a cool series as a Celtics fans. That season was a gut blow (practically even more in retrospect) because of the KG injury but I was always super proud of how Celtics teams fought on after the virtually perfect 2008 season.

EDIT: watching the first couple minutes already giving me flashbacks that are jogging my memory. Ben Gordon and Ray were trading clutch basket after clutch basket in this series. Forgot about Gordon. It was his last relevant moments I believe in the NBA.

And part of the reason it comes to mind for clutch moments: tons of opportunities. There were seven total overtime periods in the series and game 6 (when Ray had 51) went to triple over time.

Also KG raving like a mad man on the bench hahah.

No Caption Provided

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#867  Edited By csl316

@artisanbreads: Oh, sweet. That's probably more than enough to cover what I need to see. I'll check it out!

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#868  Edited By GaspoweR

@artisanbreads: That was probably the BEST Playoff series in recent memory. I don't think I've seen so much drama and competition in a 7 game series since then: Three overtime games with one of them being a triple OT game. Even though the Bulls lost, watching on TV was just so damn satisfying as a basketball fan. Game 7 was a bit of a let down though since it didn't match up to the previous three but overall that series and rivalry was great. I mean this was the series that led to Noah having battles with KG and Pierce even when they left Boston.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#869  Edited By csl316

@artisanbreads: I'm up to game 2 and the memories are coming back. I keep glancing at the score and it doesn't seem like anyone had a double-digit lead. (Edit: Oh wait, Game 3)

I remember Gordon in that series, and how people started saying Ben Jordan. Til they didn't.

And Joakim Noah, the offensive threat!

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hoping for the best, expecting the worst today.

bennyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really hoping the clippers win it today, or else my spurs will have lost for nothing.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#872  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@gaspower: Yup. Really launched a rivalry at least I personally always felt vs the Bulls as a C's fan. Obviously, Rose looks way more athletic there, but speaking of Noah, kinda sad to see him playing how he is now given how he was there, really dunking a lot plus that huge break away steal/dunk that fouled Pierce out of the game. He became more skilled as he went on but dude used to be a damn good athlete. We will see how he continues but doesn't look the same to me.

@csl316: Yeah it got a bit carried away a couple times but damn, so many ties and back and forth moments. Gordon was so impressive in that series and Salmons was pretty awesome too.

When talking about Ray being clutch, he had two shots over Noah there that were just insane. Particularly, that one two pt fadaway where Noah couldn't possibly have contested it better and I still don't get how the shot got off cleanly.

As a Rondo fan, sad seeing him in that series too. The injury cost him athleticism, but clearly I think it cost him the mentality that made him so dangerous. He used to attack the rim like a banshee. So much of the game is mental.

Anyways, fun to watch that video and remember that series.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ugly day here in Houston and Im super jealous that my sister is at the game :(

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#874  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Rooting for the Rockets to win it!

If Clippers make a western conference finals I fear the world might suddenly collapse into the 5th dimension.

James Harden winning a championship before Durant and Westbrook would be pretty bitter sweet. I remember reading countless articles back in the day where the OKC media tried to portray Harden as the new age Manu Ginobli. The man who is okay living in the shadow behind the bigger stars. Boy were they wrong.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, seeing Houston now after they were dead in the water for two games... doesn't even look like the same team.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: Harden has always seemed like a "team first" type of guy to me. Even last game when he wasn't in the game, he wasn't sulking on the sideline, he was jumping up and cheering his teammates on.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@artisanbreads: Yeah, since the surgery Noah hasn't had the lift he's had at all. I'm actually suspecting that whatever knee procedure he had during the off-season was more major than what was reported.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@i_stay_puft: FUCK YEAH GO BLACKHAWKS.

Also go Atlanta Hawks while were at it. I'm putting all my Eastern Conference Finals Spirit Bomb energy into one of Joakim Noah's favorite teammates, Al Horford.

By that logic, I should also be cheering for Houston since Brewer is there...but I don't actually like any of the Western Conference teams that are left.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Josh Smith's head Blake Griffin can't stop him. Yep only in his head...

Watching Josh Smith play is a treasure, the way he hoists 3 pointers at the beginning of the shot clock with him only touching the ball is simply a treasure.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Jesus christ the Clippers transition D has been pathetic.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In Josh Smith's head Blake Griffin can't stop him. Yep only in his head...

Watching Josh Smith play is a treasure, the way he hoists 3 pointers at the beginning of the shot clock with him only touching the ball is simply a treasure.

With the way he's been playing the last two games he might be right.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

aaaaand here come the clippers

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm no Clippers fan, but its really a bummer how badly they're choking. I just think Clippers-Warriors would be a better series.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Tiamatsword22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, at least the Warriors will sweep the Rockets.

Bobstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Congrats to the Rockets making it to the conference finals. Major choke by the Clippers though.

I'm definitely looking forward to the matchup between Curry and Harden, the MVP and the guy who got voted second.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fatality

https://vine.co/v/eAAhmUOKuLz

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did Harden say he's been overlooked? Is he still being whiny about not winning MVP?

Hawks/Warriors, make it happen.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#890  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

THE Clippers are who we thought they were. Now time to move them to Seattle.

*Secret Seattle handshake with Ballmer*

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dwight hurt early on but man, Cappella is stepping up big in the first quarter. Warriors keep attacking him and he keeps shutting them down.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#892  Edited By Monkeyman04

Well, so far The Rockets are looking like the better team.

Not now.

TangyGeoduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Rockets do look like the better squad, but meh it's still early. My only comment so far, is that it isn't pronounced Youston. It hurts my ears every time I hear it.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#894  Edited By mems1224

Warriors coming back. Pretty easy when the refs on your side. Fucking ridiculous. Howard and Harden are getting fucking mugged which is pretty normal for Oakland I guess.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, that's the shitty thing with the NBA and home court.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#896  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Lakers get the second overall pick, a bunch of cap space this summer, and Randle there 1st round pick from last year who broke his leg? Things smell kinda fishy.

mems1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#897  Edited By mems1224

Not bad. Rockets only lost by 4 against the Warriors/refs.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#898  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@mems1224 said:

Not bad. Rockets only lost by 4 against the Warriors/refs.

Missed the game did the NBA re-hire Tim Donaghy? I miss the days of the 90's where a shooter would get a hard foul just to send a message. I'm not saying outright hurt the guy but you might give the shooter a little love tap as they're going for the rebound just to let them know. Now a days a simple sneeze in a players face and how the react is an instant flagrant. Houston doesn't have that guy so I don't think any of their players have the capablities of doing that which may be an issue. At least with the Clippers they had that guy in Matt Barnes who wouldn't of been afraid of doing that to Steph or Klay to get their attention. What I'm saying is I'm not banking on Houston to win this unless Josh Smith prays to the NBA gods to give him the powers of Steve Smith.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait a minute, I thought us Chicago fans were the only ones complaining about refs this postseason.

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#900  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

@csl316 said:

Wait a minute, I thought us Chicago fans were the only ones complaining about refs this postseason.

LOL have you found it weird that star players always get the benefit of the doubt of being fouled when going up for shots and missing, never foul out, and if they are playing defense and are in the vicinity of a teammate on the level of Hasheem Thabeet the foul goes on Thabeet cause he sucks?

Games are dictated by refs. If a team is up by a lot in the playoffs sometimes refs ease up on calls to make the game closer and keeping ratings from dipping. When a game is close at the end of the game you can bet refs will pocket their whistles and won't call anything unless another player is murdering another player.

I hate conspiracy theories but after rewatching that entire Kings vs. Lakers 2002 game 6 I'm starting to have my doubts that a referee illuminati isn't real.