Men: Does it bother you to see guys suck up to women online?

• 131 results
Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Bluethunder35

The last couple of days, I've seen what I think is the biggest group of desperate men in one place sucking up to a woman for no reason other than the fact that she's T&A. This said woman ruined a once a good gaming website with her massive ego and yet you've got these imbeciles kissing her ass and saying how great she is without telling anybody what good she's ever done.

It just bothers me how wimpy some men are, that they spend all day buttering up women online in hopes of maybe getting lucky instead of going out in the world and looking for love. Why are so many men today afraid of talking to women in the flesh these days? It's not going to kill you to be rejected. I don't think buttering up women on the Internet can help you get dates in the real world...unless you think eHarmony actually works.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By iamjohn

I don't see any reason to be bothered by it.  If they want to be complete and utter idiots, more power to them.  It gives me a reason to make fun of them, though.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By ProfessorEss

As an old man with a wife and a kid I don't do it personally, but I say do whatcha gotta do.
Slim chance to none? Oh yeah.
But as PaRappa taught us all, "You gotta believe!!"

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Hot_Karl

This post is super-duper vague, but I get what you're trying to say. I've said it before and I'll say it again- I don't care if you're male or female or whatever, if you are interesting and entertaining, then you have my respect. Otherwise you'll need to work for it. Just using your "assets" isn't working for it, at least not on the internets.

So what's the over-under that some guy's gonna post the "Internet white knight" pic?

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Baillie
@ProfessorEss: *Takes notes*
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By eroticfishcake

It bothers me whenever anyone sucks up to someone when they're clearly a horrible person. Just out ouf curiousity though, exactly who are you referring to?

TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By TheGreatGuero

I find it amusing, especially when playing on Xbox Live and being matched up with a girl, then listening to all the guys desperately try to be her best friend.

Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Bluethunder35

I needed to be vague because I didn't want to mention names. An individual who is entertaining and interesting is fine but if that individual sucks at his/her job, that individual has to go regardless.  

That is the case pertaining to the creation of this thread, which I needed in order to gain the "Fog" achievement.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Osaladin

Yeah it can get quite annoying, but I never let it bother me too much.

crusnchill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By crusnchill

Some men have the logic that sucking upto women will attract them, when it actually does the opposite. 
Some men just never had anyone teach them what to sort of things attract women, or they get taught by someone who's only been with three different women over the course of his 30 years of life. 

I was lucky in this respect that I had a pro to hepl me out, but none the less, women had their girls sleepovers when they were young to learn how to act around men. But it'd be weird and gross if guys had the same thing where they also learned how to kiss etc... The male side of the species is just expected to know this stuff, ha ha. 
Which is rediculous! 
I think there should be classes for men in high school that dosn't involve them paying extortionate amounts of money to learn this stuff. 

Some men commit suicide because they've lived for 50 years and are still virgins. 

You might laugh, but if humanity isn't taught this stuff at an early age, like any other being on this planet, then they will naturally become depressed, repressed and in extreme cases, suicidal. 

Plus, todays society says humanity should act one way, and yet our genes tell us to act another way. So with societies rules taking higher priority in our minds than genetics, the only result is that we repress natural urges and act weird around women instead of go with our instincts, that will ironically work more often than not at getting you with women. 

And no I'm not talking about date-rape, because that is just fucked up. I'm talking about just being savvy.

ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ryanwho

I'm far more bothered by real world heroes. Now I get a lot of awkward folk are on the net so its redundant making these kinds of dudes feel bad for doing what they do when they already have so many self esteem issues. So on the net I just ignore it.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By swamplord666

eh I just smirk and think they're idiots. doesn't bother me directly so i care very little. But when they for example ruin a game by being immature, then it starts bothering me

nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#13  Edited By nanikore

MENTION NAMES

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By emkeighcameron

HOW DARE YOU INSULT THIS FAIR MAIDEN'S HONOR

THE WHITE KNIGHT WILL PROTECT HER

Yeah..it makes me laugh (especially because 99 times out of 100 the chick is one hell of an uggo)

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

It doesn't bother me, I just mute them and just own them while there distracted. I don't care what gender you are, if your on my team, theirs only two categories I  care about, do you suck, or can you handle yourself.... 

DannyKetch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By DannyKetch

Used to do it myself. I learned.

Avatar image for hunkaburningluv
hunkaburningluv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By hunkaburningluv
@nanikore said:
" MENTION NAMES "

yeah, it would be good to know exactly what you are talking about, IMO 
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

As long as their not attention whores I really don't give a crap. 

It is fun to mess with the white knights that always crop up anytime a female is present though.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#19  Edited By natetodamax

What's a woman?

apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 7

#20  Edited By apathylad

Is this a guessing game? Should we start naming women who people have defended?

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#21  Edited By Yummylee

It bothers me when I see guys suck upto the GB crew online.
Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue

Who is this Woman and where can I suck up to her?

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23  Edited By KaosAngel

What's T&A?  

Scarlet_Rogue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Scarlet_Rogue
@Abyssfull:  Oh I do it off-line too.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By jakob187

I see this going horribly awry.  Regardless, guys can do whatever.  I don't suck up to chicks online.  I talk the same amount of shit and treat them the same as anyone else... 

...unless it's Turbo_Toaster.  Then I just insult her artwork to try and make myself feel better about my own life because I'm nowhere near as talented.  =  /

AndrooD2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By AndrooD2

Online or off-line, there's really no difference.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GreggD
@DannyKetch said:
" Used to do it myself. I learned. "
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#28  Edited By BeachThunder
@Abyssfull said:
" It bothers me when I see guys suck upto the GB crew online. "
You know what, this is creepier. I can't even think of an example of guys sucking up to women here. What did I miss? :(
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Gabriel
@crusnchill said:
  Some men commit suicide because they've lived for 50 years and are still virgins. "
That's pretty depressing, I guess some people are just unlucky.
Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Jimbo
@Bluethunder35 said:
"...woman...website..."
Bullshit.
DeShawn2ks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DeShawn2ks

Guys suck up to women online? In the rare occasions that I bump into a woman online all the guys are treating them like crap.

Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Bluethunder35
@eroticfishcake said:
" It bothers me whenever anyone sucks up to someone when they're clearly a horrible person. Just out ouf curiousity though, exactly who are you referring to? "
Why not?

Tina Sanchez, the Community Manager at 1up. Some guy is trying to get her fired from her job at 1up after he was banned for calling her an Xbot and it''s turned into a circus with the guy creating a blog and all of Tina's biggest fans and her co-workers turning it into a lame flame war. It's even in the Community Spotlight. Then the guy did an online e-petition and the entire party jumped over there.  Apparently, this yayhoo stole somebody else's identity and his avatar to create the blog. All the white knights are there doing their best to out-lame themselves. Nobody has given a valid reason for why she should remain employed other than saying that "She's great!" over and over again.

Personally, I don't think she's a horrible person but she is over her head as a community manager. The site has gone down the shitter ever since she came aboard. If she was a man, they would probably not give a damn if they let her go. They did oust the head moderator/administrator due to a  scandal earlier this year that drove away much of their audience and he actually was a good guy who treated people fairly. However, being an attractive woman and seeing that the UGO audience consists of desperate men with unrealistic ideas in their heads, she has to stay to maintain UGO's status quo.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Hot_Karl
@crusnchill said:
" Some men have the logic that sucking upto women will attract them, when it actually does the opposite. Some men just never had anyone teach them what to sort of things attract women, or they get taught by someone who's only been with three different women over the course of his 30 years of life.  I was lucky in this respect that I had a pro to hepl me out, but none the less, women had their girls sleepovers when they were young to learn how to act around men. But it'd be weird and gross if guys had the same thing where they also learned how to kiss etc... The male side of the species is just expected to know this stuff, ha ha. Which is rediculous! I think there should be classes for men in high school that dosn't involve them paying extortionate amounts of money to learn this stuff.  Some men commit suicide because they've lived for 50 years and are still virgins.  You might laugh, but if humanity isn't taught this stuff at an early age, like any other being on this planet, then they will naturally become depressed, repressed and in extreme cases, suicidal.  Plus, todays society says humanity should act one way, and yet our genes tell us to act another way. So with societies rules taking higher priority in our minds than genetics, the only result is that we repress natural urges and act weird around women instead of go with our instincts, that will ironically work more often than not at getting you with women.  And no I'm not talking about date-rape, because that is just fucked up. I'm talking about just being savvy. "
Listen to this man, we've had conversations on this topic before and he knows his shit. 

Also, I'll be the first to post this pic. 

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I find it quite silly and amusing.  It's fine to be nice to women, but some people just ass-kiss beyond belief.

RichardLOlson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35  Edited By RichardLOlson

Water is wet, sky is blue, grass is green, and pussy is pussy.  It doesn't matter how you get it or what you say to get.  Point is, don't hate on the fellow man, who can get it faster then you can.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#36  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Bluethunder35:  Well that sounds like a real cluster fuck of stupidity. On the other hand I'm not really surprised how it panned out like that considering whenever a specific female member/staff gets involved with a problem it get's incredibly exacerbated because of their gender. Anyway you make a fair point and I agree with you on that and thanks for taking your time explaining it.
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Hot_Karl
@Bluethunder35: Oh, you're referring to that debacle? I thought you were referring to someone else entirely. Just ignore that. People are teh dumbz when it comes to women on the internets.  

I honestly doubt that UGO is keeping her to "maintain the status quo" but hey, keep believing what you want to believe man.
BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#38  Edited By BeachThunder
@Bluethunder35 said:

If she was a man, they would probably not give a damn if they let her go. 

Yeah, no one really cared when that guy was fired from Gamespot.
Virago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Virago
@Abyssfull said:
" It bothers me when I see guys suck upto the GB crew online. "
This.
Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By KaosAngel

I am so confused...I have been studying for law finals, figuring out how to stream HD SC2 live video, and having a party at my place to kill time.

Who is a chick and what just happend?

Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Bluethunder35
@BeachThunder said:
" @Bluethunder35 said:

Yeah, no one really cared when that guy was fired from Gamespot. "
I think in this case, it was best thing to happen to Jeff, his friends and to gamers.
SammydesinasNL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SammydesinasNL

Jessica Chobot?

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gabriel
@Bluethunder35 said:
" @BeachThunder said:
" @Bluethunder35 said:

Yeah, no one really cared when that guy was fired from Gamespot. "
I think in this case, it was best thing to happen to Jeff, his friends and to gamers. "
He's like the Conan O'Brian of Videogames (except better I don't see what the big deal is with Conan)
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Hot_Karl
@SammydesinasNL said:
" Jessica Chobot? "
Jessica Chobot is an interesting one, because I simultaneously find her super-annoying and ridiculously attractive.
Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#45  Edited By Griddler

What? I just saw 'Women' and 'suck' so I obviously clicked

Bluethunder35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Bluethunder35

I left IGN shortly after Jessica Chobot joined. I remember reading her first blogs and they sounded like they were ghost written by Tal Blevins. I'm sure the little boys at IGN, and there's a lot of them, worship her there.  Don't know what goes on there, anyway. I'm not paying $20 U.S. to post on their "premium" boards.

mikeeegeee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By mikeeegeee
@Jimbo said:
" @Bluethunder35 said:
"...woman...website..."
Bullshit. "
Ahaaaa! fuck yes.
apathylad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#48  Edited By apathylad

For some reason this reminds me of the forum war that came about when Leigh Alexander was a guest on the Giant Bombcast.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By OllyOxenFree

It does not bother me.  I just laugh to myself of how sad they are.