My Memorial Day Weekend Video Game Bash!

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

Edited By natetodamax

So Memorial Day weekend was an interesting week for me in the gaming culture. Here's what I got:

Halo 3!

Back in February my Halo 3 copy was destroyed by my Xbox. I recently was really wanting to get back into it, so my brother was generous enough to give me his copy. I'm back in the saddle, baby! But I was still missing something...

Halo 3! W00t!
Halo 3! W00t!

Microsoft Points!

In order to celebrate my acquaintance with Halo 3, I decided to head out and get some M$ points in order to purchase the Mythic Map Pack, as well as some Fallout 3 DLC. My dad paid for the card because I had no money. When we got to Gamestop, we were greeted by the hot chick behind the counter who is mysteriously always working there when I go there. She asked how many we wanted. I was going to say 4000, but I didn't want to have my father unknowingly pay $50 for points, so he just said 1600. After receiving my delicious points, we....

Pre-Ordered Modern Warfare 2!

My dad likes the Call Of Duty games and is in fact playing CoD4 online right now as I type. Seeing the MW2 poster outside Gamestop gave us the idea to pre order, so we did. As soon as he asked to reserve a copy, I was handed a...

Oh, heck yeah!     
Oh, heck yeah!     

Modern Warfare 2 Poster!

Signed by the staff! Awesome! This thing will look friggin sweet when I hang it up in my room. I carefully set it down when we got home so as to not damage its awesomeness, and before I did anything else I...

Played Broken Steel!

Fallout 3 is a fantastic game, and I was very exicted when I got to download Broken Steel. I was originally going to get the Pitt so I could go in order (already have Anchorage), but my brother convinced me that getting Broken Steel would make more sense because the level cap would be raised and the ending would be removed, so I downloaded that instead. And man, was it cool. The new characters were nice, the dialouge was well done, and the quests were insanely hard, especially the last one. It literally took me about 2 hours to finish the thing. Fawkes was with me, but the poor bastard has the IQ of a peanut and constantly went after every enemy we saw, blindly firing in the wrong direction and getting stuck on rocks. Poor fella.

It's more Fallout 3, yo
It's more Fallout 3, yo

So I think that about wraps it up for me. Did anybody else do anything significant over the Memorial Day weekend?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By natetodamax

So Memorial Day weekend was an interesting week for me in the gaming culture. Here's what I got:

Halo 3!

Back in February my Halo 3 copy was destroyed by my Xbox. I recently was really wanting to get back into it, so my brother was generous enough to give me his copy. I'm back in the saddle, baby! But I was still missing something...

Halo 3! W00t!
Halo 3! W00t!

Microsoft Points!

In order to celebrate my acquaintance with Halo 3, I decided to head out and get some M$ points in order to purchase the Mythic Map Pack, as well as some Fallout 3 DLC. My dad paid for the card because I had no money. When we got to Gamestop, we were greeted by the hot chick behind the counter who is mysteriously always working there when I go there. She asked how many we wanted. I was going to say 4000, but I didn't want to have my father unknowingly pay $50 for points, so he just said 1600. After receiving my delicious points, we....

Pre-Ordered Modern Warfare 2!

My dad likes the Call Of Duty games and is in fact playing CoD4 online right now as I type. Seeing the MW2 poster outside Gamestop gave us the idea to pre order, so we did. As soon as he asked to reserve a copy, I was handed a...

Oh, heck yeah!     
Oh, heck yeah!     

Modern Warfare 2 Poster!

Signed by the staff! Awesome! This thing will look friggin sweet when I hang it up in my room. I carefully set it down when we got home so as to not damage its awesomeness, and before I did anything else I...

Played Broken Steel!

Fallout 3 is a fantastic game, and I was very exicted when I got to download Broken Steel. I was originally going to get the Pitt so I could go in order (already have Anchorage), but my brother convinced me that getting Broken Steel would make more sense because the level cap would be raised and the ending would be removed, so I downloaded that instead. And man, was it cool. The new characters were nice, the dialouge was well done, and the quests were insanely hard, especially the last one. It literally took me about 2 hours to finish the thing. Fawkes was with me, but the poor bastard has the IQ of a peanut and constantly went after every enemy we saw, blindly firing in the wrong direction and getting stuck on rocks. Poor fella.

It's more Fallout 3, yo
It's more Fallout 3, yo

So I think that about wraps it up for me. Did anybody else do anything significant over the Memorial Day weekend?
Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gizmo

I wish people would stop buying in Gamestop.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

I sucked it up on UFC 2009 Undisputed, and I started Star Wars Force Unleashed for the first time...on Sith Master.  = D

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By natetodamax
Gizmo said:
I wish people would stop buying in Gamestop.
Gamestop is awesome when there is a hot chick working there.
Xandurson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Xandurson

MW2 FTW!! Isn't that poster awesome? Did you get the collector's edition? Cause I did!! Hells to the yeah!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By RHCPfan24
jakob187 said:
I sucked it up on UFC 2009 Undisputed, and I started Star Wars Force Unleashed for the first time...on Sith ... [more]
BECAUSE OF THE POINTS!!!!

And I downloaded Broken Steel but all I have been doing is playing other sidequests I have yet to finish after the endgame. I will get to the missions....eventually. I also downloaded The Pitt and have that waiting for me. And, yes, Halo 3 is still pretty cool :D
Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Claude

I like my Gamestop, but we digress. Your dad sounds pretty cool. I played Assassin's Creed all weekend. I thought it was time to play the original when Assassin's Creed II was announced. I now can't wait for the next installment. I also finished paying off my pre-order for Tiger Woods 10 Motion Plus bundle... man I'm stoked for that game. 

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By natetodamax
@GamerGeek360: No, we just pre ordered the regular version.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By natetodamax
RHCPfan24 said:
jakob187 said: I sucked it up on UFC 2009 Undisputed, and I started Star Wars Force Unleashed for the first ... [more]
I made the mistake of completing all of the side quests but one before buying Broken Steel, which means I really have nothing to get my up to level 30 besides running around shooting stuff and discovering more places.
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I think Gamestop's quality rests soley on the staff. My local Gamestop happens to have a great staff, the manager is a really chill guy. I can see why people hate it, because a lot of people that work for them are big douchers, but I happen to like the one near me enough to go out of my way to buy from there. I also pre-ordered MW2 this weekend and have yet to hang up my poster. It looks pretty sweet though.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By natetodamax
Everyones_A_Critic said:
I think Gamestop's quality rests soley on the staff. My local Gamestop happens to have a great staff, the manager ... [more]
I agree. The Gamestop we go to has nice people working there. When I went to get Left 4 Dead, the dude behind the counter started freaking out and telling me how awesome it is. Plus, a hot female works there, as I said. What could be better?
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24
@natetodamax: Yeah, that is boring. I am actually glad I did it this way. I am doing "Head of State" right now and I finally have a reason to go to the Museum of History (and to get Lincoln's rifle).
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By natetodamax
RHCPfan24 said:
@natetodamax: Yeah, that is boring. I am actually glad I did it this way. I am doing "Head of State" ... [more]
Lincoln's rifle is practically useless in my opinion.
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RHCPfan24
@natetodamax: O rly?
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By natetodamax
@RHCPfan24: Ya, rly. I'd rather have A3-21s Plasma Rifle
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Pretty great weekend I see 
Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Pretty great weekend I see 
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Tireyo

Looks like you'll have a blast, literally virtually!

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By RHCPfan24
@natetodamax: Well that is a damn fine weapon, sir. I use it the most now, towards the end of the game once I did "The Replicated Man" quest. A great, great gun.
angelkanarias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#20  Edited By angelkanarias

that poster looks sweet