• 85 results
#51 Posted by JM12088 (40 posts) -

@Yummylee said:

The Stereotypes.

Beat me to it. Add stupid in front of stereotypes.

#52 Posted by s10129107 (1183 posts) -

Chaps

#53 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@iGooner7 said:

THE GOONERS! BOOM

Piers Morgan?

#54 Posted by iGooner7 (136 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior: F**K Piers! He is just another fake supporter! Who always changes his mind about the club in a matter of couple of months

#55 Posted by dyong (331 posts) -

The Benedict Cumberbatch Society

#56 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

"Brad Shoemaker"

#57 Posted by BrickRoad (702 posts) -

School Britannia.

Learn the rules to cricket and play it. It's good!

#58 Posted by Zabant (1241 posts) -

The Asian Midlands

#59 Posted by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Make sure you watch The Mighty Boosh and Spaced too.

Also call yourselves The Redcoats and see if some shit kicks off.

#60 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

London Calling

#61 Posted by drdeanos (8 posts) -

As an englisher, in one way it is cool (I guess) that you want to celebrate my culture in this way, but frankly if you want to introduce some proper englishness into your life, try the following process:

1) get munted at home;

2) go out to a pub and continue the muntination process with all possible speed;

3) fall over a lot;

4) talk to some girls (and/or boys) you don't know and try to see the inside of their undergarments;

5) have a kebab;

6) attempt to get home.

If performed properly this will give you and all your friends a keen insight into all things english in a way that the consumption of crumpets never will.

#62 Posted by BBAlpert (1475 posts) -

So a club focused primarily on idolizing a specific nation and choosing media based more on country of origin than specific content? I've got a perfect name!

The "Oh Christ This Suddenly Puts My Anime Club Membership Into A Deeply Unsettling Context" Club.

#63 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@iGooner7 said:

@Bourbon_Warrior: F**K Piers! He is just another fake supporter! Who always changes his mind about the club in a matter of couple of months

More like minutes...

#64 Posted by Dagbiker (6976 posts) -

@drdeanos said:

As an englisher, in one way it is cool (I guess) that you want to celebrate my culture in this way, but frankly if you want to introduce some proper englishness into your life, try the following process:

1) get munted at home;

2) go out to a pub and continue the muntination process with all possible speed;

3) fall over a lot;

4) talk to some girls (and/or boys) you don't know and try to see the inside of their undergarments;

5) have a kebab;

6) attempt to get home.

If performed properly this will give you and all your friends a keen insight into all things english in a way that the consumption of crumpets never will.

Do you people have clubs over there that celebrate American culture?

#65 Posted by Arbie (1449 posts) -

@CaLe said:

Her Majesty's Corgis.

Haha I love this!

Mmm cuppa tea and a scone sounds good! Crumpets can be so messy, well, if you put the amount of butter on them that I do!

Also, I second that you should watch Blackadder. I can't think of anything else at the moment though! I think the last British thing I watched was An Idiot Abroad. Hey, you should watch that if you want an idea of the typical Brit abroad. Only, they usually consume more alcohol! Oh, and watch all the shows like Mock the Week and QI, too!

#66 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

@BBAlpert said:

So a club focused primarily on idolizing a specific nation and choosing media based more on country of origin than specific content? I've got a perfect name!

The "Oh Christ This Suddenly Puts My Anime Club Membership Into A Deeply Unsettling Context" Club.

Haha! Followed!

#67 Posted by AlexW00d (6275 posts) -

@adam1808 said:

Superfluous U's

Don't you mean sperflos 's?

#68 Posted by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -

Cunt's Pub

#69 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@AlexW00d said:

@adam1808 said:

Superfluous U's

Don't you mean sperflos 's?

More like "rop't onso'ants"

Or "pronouncing R's where A's should be and vice versa"
#70 Posted by forkboy (1151 posts) -

Call yourselves The Derek And Clive Appreciation Society

And sit around all day listening to Peter Cook & Dudley Moore call each other "faaaaking cants"

And there's few things more British than gratuitous use of the word cunt.

#71 Posted by CookieMonster (2417 posts) -

@MrKlorox said:

Cunt's Pub

This one gets my vote.

#72 Posted by fox01313 (5073 posts) -

@markini6: 100% agreement on crumpets just not being good. So much better varieties of scones are out there to enjoy instead.

There's plenty of fascinating named towns in the UK so I'm sure that you can come up with something even if it sounds vaguely out of Harry Potter books like the Somerset Slayers, Dover Drinkers, ect. If nothing else there's always Manchester United for a name (I cheer for Scottish teams but Manchester United is a good combination of words).

#73 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

The Tea Baggers

#74 Posted by DizzyMedal (399 posts) -

@markini6 said:

Ugh, crumpets, really? They are not posh :) And a pain because you'd need to toast them, lest ye be heathens. From someone who's English (me) - scones are the way to go, classier and nicer, with jam of course.

Are you trying to tell me there are people who don't toast crumpets? Really? How is that even an option? That's not being a heathen, that's just being stupid.

Seriously, this concept has never even occured to me before.

#75 Posted by falling_fast (2224 posts) -

@Jrinswand said:

The Wankers.

Edit: OHMYGODJAFFACAKES

#76 Posted by Zleunamme (666 posts) -

Here are few suggestions: The Wankers/Tossers, Bum Lickers, Lads not getting fanny. Probably practiced English accents from hearing Madonna interviews.

There are better ways to appreciate another countries culture than watching DVDs and talking in accents. Observe and practice traditions or customs. Cook a dish and share among your group. Try to come an understanding of what the culture is about and don't look at it in a superficial level. It can't hurt to learn something new you didn't know before.

#77 Posted by markini6 (445 posts) -

@DizzyMedal: My girlfriend did it the other day, I gave her a look of such disgust. Thinking about breaking up with her.

#78 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -

@EvilNiGHTS said:

"Brad Shoemaker"

Aww, I was gonna say that. Or more specifically "Brad Shoemaker's 'ello Guvnahs"

#79 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

Casual Racism

#80 Posted by iShayman (91 posts) -

The Office (is the only good thing Ricky Gervais has ever done)

#81 Posted by thomasnash (557 posts) -

@Erzs said:

@CaLe said:

Her Majesty's Corgis.

Haha I love this!

Mmm cuppa tea and a scone sounds good! Crumpets can be so messy, well, if you put the amount of butter on them that I do!

Also, I second that you should watch Blackadder. I can't think of anything else at the moment though! I think the last British thing I watched was An Idiot Abroad. Hey, you should watch that if you want an idea of the typical Brit abroad. Only, they usually consume more alcohol! Oh, and watch all the shows like Mock the Week and QI, too!

ugh.

#82 Posted by Hitchenson (4682 posts) -

cunts

#83 Posted by forkboy (1151 posts) -

@iShayman said:

The Office (is the only good thing Ricky Gervais has ever done)

Extras is much better. Actually, so are the podcasts.

#85 Posted by EvilNiGHTS (1093 posts) -

@TeflonBilly said:

@EvilNiGHTS said:

"Brad Shoemaker"

Aww, I was gonna say that. Or more specifically "Brad Shoemaker's 'ello Guvnahs"

If it makes you feel better I had to read every post in this thread just to make sure no one had beaten me to it.

#86 Posted by Mike76x (558 posts) -

@bobcat1794 said:

So I am starting a club with some people at my school which will revolve around us generally watching British entertainment (doctor who, skins, misfits, etc.), drinking tea/eating crumpets, and overall being classy while talking in a British accent. So what are some good and/or funny names you can come up with?

P.S. I live in America

LINDA