#1 Edited by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

Well, they're streaming the TED talks (and um...music) here. Apparently Patrick should be on at around 3pm EST / 2pm CST / 12pm PST.

Edit: the video is here:

#2 Edited by Video_Game_King (36013 posts) -

@patrickklepek, make sure the link to the stream is called "The Walking TED".

#3 Posted by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -
#4 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

This is going to be either really good or

#5 Posted by Castiel (2528 posts) -

Go on say it. SAY IT!

#6 Edited by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

spoooooooooky.

#7 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

Takes some balls to do public speaking like this, respect to Patrick.

#8 Posted by Jothel (913 posts) -

What's he going to be talking about?

#9 Posted by MAJID (208 posts) -

Best of luck to Tricky! I hope he delivers the whole thing wearing an oculus rift

#10 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -

@gs_dan said:

Takes some balls to do public speaking like this, respect to Patrick.

That or well-cultivated facial hair, of which Patrick has been working hard on for months now.

#11 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

@zombiepenguin9: Regardless, some amount of either respect or jealousy is in order.

#12 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3025 posts) -

Scoops is gonna kill it. Looking at the audience I think the Pax Panels have been larger then this crowd.

#13 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/5827517/events/2482492 <---Is this the stream?

It's been extremely amateurish so far. Some guy who came up with the Big Bang Theory phrase 'Bazinga' is on now. Talking about Doarchy. As dumb as manosphere...

His company hasn't done anything yet, but they plan on doing it. What the fuck?

#14 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

Yup, horrible camera work, and a lot of oddballs on the stage. On the other side, the bar is set really..really low for our Paddy - hope he blows our minds!

http://new.livestream.com/accounts/5827517/events/2482492 <---Is this the stream?

It's been extremely amateurish so far. Some guy who came up with the Big Bang Theory phrase 'Bazinga' is on now.

#15 Edited by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

It's been extremely amateurish so far. Some guy who came up with the Big Bang Theory phrase 'Bazinga' is on now. Talking about Doarchy. As dumb as manosphere...

Yep, there's been some awkward stuff - it also seems that most of them have rehearsed properly (people not knowing how to control the slideshow and people whispering to each other)

#16 Edited by I_Stay_Puft (3025 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

@nekroskop said:

Yep, there's been some awkward stuff - it also seems that most of them have rehearsed properly (people not knowing how to control the slideshow and people whispering to each other)

Hey public speaking ain't easy, give them a break. Most of them actually have some pretty interesting stories to tell.

#17 Edited by Fallen189 (4941 posts) -

Isn't it TEDx, not TED?

#18 Posted by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

@beachthunder said:

@nekroskop said:

Hey public speaking ain't easy, give them a break. Most of them actually have some pretty interesting stories to tell.

Oh, I know public speaking is a horrible nightmare, but I'm saying that a lot of them seem unprepared.

#19 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@fallen189: It's TedX aka anyone can do it(Anita did). If it was Ted, Patrick wouldn't be allowed.(I'm not saying that to be an asshole, he's just not high profile enough)

#20 Posted by jimmyfenix (3829 posts) -

Earlier then i thought! give them hell scoops!

#21 Posted by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

Isn't it TEDx, not TED?

All right, fine, I edited the title.

#22 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

I'll have to avoid this to make sure my eyes don't roll dangerous amounts

#23 Edited by AjayRaz (12418 posts) -

TEDxTekken

#24 Posted by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@sooty said:

Drink every time he mentions 'sexism', 'entitled', 'gamer' and 'women in the industry'. You'll get plastered within 10 minutes.

#25 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3025 posts) -

Fuuuck kinda amazed with the violinist suspenders!

#26 Posted by Baillie (4039 posts) -

I don't breathe that fast.

#27 Posted by LimpBishop (220 posts) -

Hyperventilation - The Score

@baillie said:

I don't breathe that fast.

#28 Posted by BeachThunder (11701 posts) -

Is it possible to get some kind of chat up and running?

#29 Edited by peritus (961 posts) -

we could go hijack the Livestream chat ;-p

* and not be dicks about it, obviously.

#30 Edited by Baillie (4039 posts) -

@peritus said:

we could go hijack the Livestream chat ;-p

GLHB.

#31 Posted by AxleBro (798 posts) -

What's the plan for chatting during this?

#32 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (3025 posts) -

We can all watch that student and his father taking pics in front of the giant TedX sign.

#33 Edited by Baillie (4039 posts) -
#34 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

Oh no! I'm gonna miss it. Everyone send him good vibes for the talk!

#35 Posted by peritus (961 posts) -

@truthtellah:

We are on it! Good vibes and bad Youtube clips!

#36 Edited by Nodima (1103 posts) -

Curious to see how this goes. I have a friend that did a TEDx talk in Chicago a couple years ago and the results were pretty embarrassing, no offense to her. It was a neat idea, but the idea of comparing a TED talk to the interpretative dance information system synergy presentation her and her friends put on (the dance/choreography was kind of cool but the presenter was wearing a trench coat and combat boots which would seem dumb even during an 8 minute poli-sci presentation) let alone the speeches that surrounded it would just be foolish.

Hopefully Patrick does OK, though. He's been talking about it forever so I guess I have to check it out.

Seems like you/Patrick got the times wrong.

#37 Posted by TruthTellah (8537 posts) -

Alright, I guess he's last; so, the times are wrong. I just listened to jazz and a guy talk about how you don't need medicine for depression. I'm out.

Cheer him on when he gets on stage, everyone!

#38 Posted by Kidavenger (3511 posts) -

I can't help but wonder what this jackass is going to try to sell me at the end of the free seminar...

#39 Posted by csl316 (8114 posts) -

Guess I'll just watch this Truck Racer business til he's on.

#40 Edited by erhard (388 posts) -

The guy speaking right now is a moron and a narcissist.

#41 Posted by pyromagnestir (4246 posts) -

#42 Edited by Zauzazu (71 posts) -

Man, some of you guys in the chat are being embarrassingly unpleasant.

#43 Edited by Kidavenger (3511 posts) -

@zauzazu: examples would be nice, I watched for about 15 minutes and didn't see anything going on other than people complaining about GB people for no apparent reason.

I like TED but these talks are pretty terrible so far.

#44 Edited by RobotHamster (4171 posts) -

He hasn't gone yet has he? It's already 3:40 here on the east coast.

#45 Edited by GeneralZod37 (259 posts) -

@kidavenger: the muslim jokes are pretty deplorable.

Edit: also, the fat comments.

#46 Posted by ILikePopCans (745 posts) -

@kidavenger:

"And in the end she decided to join a cult"

"Women wear burkhas to prevent attracting mens attention. She really is delusional"

"why is she muslim"

#47 Posted by Zauzazu (71 posts) -

Caffeinated popsicles you guys.

#48 Posted by Kidavenger (3511 posts) -

@ilikepopcans: Any reason to believe these guys are even from GB?

#49 Posted by SpaceInsomniac (3557 posts) -

@sooty said:

Drink every time he mentions 'sexism', 'entitled', 'gamer' and 'women in the industry'. You'll get plastered within 10 minutes.

Are you being a bit of an ass here, or is he really planing to do the social justice crusader thing with this talk?

#50 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

@spaceinsomniac: I have no idea, but I'm gonna stick around to find out.

Edit: HOLY SHIT! I was right. I'm getting drunk as a skunk here.