Rate the last movie you watched.

LastNinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#651  Edited By LastNinja

Lincoln - 13 out of 13 amendments, amazing how Spielberg makes this so thrilling. Saw it right after Django, they go well together like ham and cheese.

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#652  Edited By panvixyl

Saw the Hobbit, I'd give it a 3/5. Okay but not great. Bit too long.

xMEGADETHxSLY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#653  Edited By xMEGADETHxSLY

Django Unchained

SOOOOO FUCKING AWESOME, The worst part about it i thought was Samuel L Jackson, reminded me of that guy from the boondocks

Aronleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#654  Edited By Aronleon

Saw the The Godfather today and its still one of the best movies I've seen.

10/10

feliciano182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#655  Edited By feliciano182

Looper

5/5

One of the best time travel movies ever made.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#656  Edited By Tireyo

Resident Evil Retributions was ok, just ok.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#657  Edited By Milkman

Did a double feature of Jackie Brown and Reservoir Dogs last night. 5/5 for both.

Maybe my two favorite Tarantino movies.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#658  Edited By Canteu

The Santa Clause

11 christmas trees out of elf.

God damn Tim Allen.

studsmckewl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#659  Edited By studsmckewl

Django Unchained, 5/5.

This is one of the best movies I have seen in a long time, and I want to pay to see it again in theaters.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#660  Edited By FancySoapsMan

Django Unchained: 4/5

my only complaint is that some parts were a little too violent for my taste. really enjoyed the over the top shootouts though, and Christoph Waltz was probably my favorite thing about the whole movie.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#661  Edited By Phr4nk0

Life of Pi,

Went in thinking I wasn't going to like it, came out thinking it was a pretty damn good experience. Even saw it in 3D and it uses it very well.

4.5/5 Tigers.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#662  Edited By MightyDuck

Rented Men In Black 3 off of Apple TV last week. It actually wasn't bad. Not as good as the original but much better than the horrendous second movie.

Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#663  Edited By Undeadpool

9 1/2 Weeks

Should've gone more surreal/dreamlike, but top-notch eroticism. Very strange to see Mickey Rourke pre-boxing/plastic surgery AND apparently pre-three-packs-of-Lucky-Strikes-and-bottle-of-cheap-whiskey-a-day voice.

bigstrat2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#664  Edited By bigstrat2003

Les Miserables. Pretty good adaptation of the musical, if Anne Hathaway doesn't get an Oscar nom for her performance it will be a freaking crime. Russell Crowe can't really sing, which is a shame. Hugh Jackman isn't a great singer, but is at least passable. Everyone else did pretty well though, which I was not expecting. Not sure what was up with the cutting of content (all references to Valjean's brand get scrubbed), that was super weird. Maybe for time purposes? Regardless, really enjoyed it and I'll probably be picking it up when it's released on video. 4/5

ImaTreee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#665  Edited By ImaTreee

Django 10/10

Tarantino has done it again

casper_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#666  Edited By casper_

"The Conversation" 1974

9/10

directed by coppola. gene hackman is really fantastic in it.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#667  Edited By insouciant

"Lincoln"

2/5

There was very little action. The movie should have been called "How the 13th Amendment was Passed." That's mostly what they talk about. I don't know why it's being nominated for awards. It's the worst Spielberg movie I've ever seen. I couldn't believe he directed it.

Stimpack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#668  Edited By Stimpack

Dredd 9/10

I was blown away! Expected much worse. It could've used a change of scenery here and there, though...

The lack of Rob Schneider really did help.

Philedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#669  Edited By Philedius

Cloud Atlas 3/5

It was interesting, though I was anticipating a more compelling ending.

bluefish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#670  Edited By bluefish

The Naked Gun 33 & 1/3

Never seen it before but am a big fan of the series. It's still pretty good but maybe a little more forced than the 1st or 2nd.

"I like my sex like my basketball: one on one and as little dribbling as possible." Lt. Frank Drebin

fuckin died on that line.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#671  Edited By landon

@insouciant said:

"Lincoln"

2/5

There was very little action.

Jesus...

RagingBrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#672  Edited By RagingBrain

Coming to America 5/5

Eddie Murphy during his peak years doing foreign accents. JUST LET YOUR SSSOOOUUUULLLL GLLLOOOOWWWW!!

JordanK85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#673  Edited By JordanK85

Zero Dark Thirty

1/5 Dead Terrorists

After seeing this movie, I still can't fathom how several reviews have called this the best movie of the year. All the technical aspects of the movie: cinematography, sound, etc. are done well but the story and characters therein had no impact on me whatsoever. It's difficult to care about any of the characters because none of them seem real. The acting seems competent so I have to blame a script that gives us no time to learn anything about the people we are watching. Many of the moments that are obviously supposed to have emotional impact, simply don't. It's almost as if the writer of the script took emotional scenes from other movies and just threw them together in an attempt to construct an affecting plot or maybe the writer expected the subject matter to carry the load on the emotional side. Either way it didn't work and at the end of the movie I felt nothing but an emptiness that I haven't felt from watching a movie in a long time. I would say that I hope it doesn't win an Oscar for best picture but I lost respect for the Academy long ago so I don't really care if it does. What I do care about is people wasting their money on bad movies and this is one of them. See Django again instead of seeing this mess.

I will say one other positive thing about the movie. Despite a 2 hour and 40 minute run time, the movie never seemed to drag on. So to paraphrase Bernard Black: Enjoy, it's dreadful, but seems quite short.

insouciant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#674  Edited By insouciant

"Dark Shadows"

4/5

Johnny Depp performs well as usual.

Nilazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#675  Edited By Nilazz

Seven Psychopaths 4/5 Vesuvius!

Sam Rockwell is freaking hilarious in that movie!

quemador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#676  Edited By quemador

Dark knight rises: Well made movie, really enjoyed, but the second ( the dark knight) was better in my opinion

ps: never try to watch Expendable 2 after watching Dark knight Rises... its just wont work.

PhilipDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#677  Edited By PhilipDuck

Django Unchained & The Hobbit

both get 4/5 great films

Avatar image for deactivated-57beb9d651361
deactivated-57beb9d651361

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Highly Recommended

Recommended

Not Recommended

Avoid

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

• Dredd - Likable action romp with decent set-pieces and balls-to-the-wall gore. Dredd is a cold motherfucker... and is helmet stays on.

Recommended

• Django Unchained - Too episodic in nature and Django has no sense of development at all, but the film is more than redeemed by a strong sense of style, lashings of claret and spades of humour.

Highly Recommended

• Pitch Perfect - Light in theme, strong in personality: the cast bounce off one-another and the soundtrack is teeming with remixed, acapella pop numbers.

Recommended

• Silver Linings Playbook - The narrative seems to mirror the subject matter, being that it's a little muddled, but it's thoughtful in its treatment of the characters and surprisingly affecting. Wildly funny to boot.

Highly Recommended

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#679  Edited By redcream

Argo- 5/5

AiurFlux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#680  Edited By AiurFlux

Pirates 2 - Stagnetti's Revenge

3/5

Acting was below average, story was terrible, special effects were quite poor, and for some reason there was a massive amount of nudity and hardcore sexual content just shoehorned into the film. I don't quite know why either. But my wife blew me after, so hey...

HisDudeness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#681  Edited By HisDudeness

Lincoln - 5/10

Outstanding performance from Daniel Day-Lewis, and even more outstanding cinematography, but the script just seemed like a constant tribute to me.

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#682  Edited By falling_fast

not a movie but the last thing I watched was a few episodes of Generation Kill. it's awesome. 5/5

next I'm going to watch Big Trouble In Little China

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#683  Edited By AlexW00d

Drive: 7/10

frankfartmouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#684  Edited By frankfartmouth

The Master. 4 out of 4 stars.

PTA's newest. Pretty similar thematically to There Will Be Blood, but definitely doing its own thing.

Some people will doubtless denounce it as a meandering art-house flick, but it was brilliant to me. Joaquin Phoenix and Philip Seymour Hoffman were incredible.

Solh0und

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#685  Edited By Solh0und

Saw The Man with the Iron Fists last night. 3.5/5

The fight scenes could've been better but this is RZA's first time directing,right?

DopeToast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#686  Edited By DopeToast

Saw American Beauty and Fight Club for the first time ever. Both pretty damn good.

Both 5/5

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#687  Edited By Jrinswand

I just watch Adaptation. for the first time in about 11 years. The first time I watched it, when I was about 14, I remember not liking it very much but, more than anything, I just remember being really confused. When I watched it last night, though, I loved it. It went from a 3/5 on my Netflix rating to a solid 5/5. I guess I just needed time to get used to watching weirder movies and to become more familiar with the film industry in general. The same sort of adjust period was also needed for Being John Malkovich, which makes sense because they were both written by Charles Kaufman.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#688  Edited By KillyDarko
@Slumberpunch said:

Prometheus...8/10.

What the plot and story may have lacked, Charlize Theron in spandex made up for.

You sir, thought the same thing I did ^^

As for the actual thread, "Silent Hill: Revelation". I'd give it a 3, maybe 4 out of 10. I really liked the first one, but this one is just crappy.
pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#689  Edited By pr1mus

Skyfall. I already rated that one though. Still 5/5.

Before that, Argo and Flight. Both are fantastic. Both get 5/5.

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#690  Edited By Phr4nk0

Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, while many of you bombardiers may dismiss this movie it was actually quite awesome. It had great over the top violence, an awesome usage of practical effects (the troll costume was a welcome throw back to similar costumes in movies of the past and not the overly CGI bullshit you're accustomed to seeing in movies these days), high levels of gore, a decent story (if somewhat predictable) and great action scenes, with decent acting. Also whoever Gretel is, is pretty hot, which you wouldn't think someone named Gretel would be.

Solid 4/5. I would recommend.

BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#691  Edited By BigBoss1911

Role Models 3.5/5

geirr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#692  Edited By geirr

Aristocats 5/5 :3

Great Mouse Detective 4/5 :3~

John1912

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#693  Edited By John1912

The Master 7: Acting was good. Plot was...Well there was no plot. Joaquine was by far the best, and prob only good thing in the movie. Hoffmans char and dialogue were lacking making his role flat. I would have loved to have it go more in depth with his char and the workings of Scientology as a cult, but it mainly became a bizarre set piece about two people who happen to meet and nothing more.

Django 6-7: I dont know what to say about the movie. It just makes me numb, I just dont care one way or the other for this film. Seems like if you dont care for the dialogue or are not impressed by a few moments that are supposed to shock you this movie really doesnt have a lot going for it.

The Hobbit 8.5: Ive never read the book so I dont really care nor judge the movie by the source material. Overall thought the movie was great. It was a bit childish at points and lighthearted, but as its based on what ive gathered that is completely in line with everything as the Hobbit was much more of a children s novel. Great entry into the LoTR universe or whatever you want to call it?

BleedingStarX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#694  Edited By BleedingStarX

Wreck It Ralph - 8/10

Really enjoyed it but was a little disappointed that the huge host of actual video game characters (Ryu, Sonic, Bowser etc) had no part in the main storyline. It was pretty cool it see them all however.

Still really enjoyed the film and will definitely buy on DVD

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Skyfall.

James Bond jumps off of a lizard. 5/5

Bwast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#696  Edited By Bwast

Silver Linings Playbook - 4/5

I guess it's not really fair to expect a true portrayal of mental illness from a romantic comedy but some of the scenes designed to show the audience how "ill" a character was just came off as goofy to me. Chris Tucker is actually tolerable which is an accomplishment in its own right. The end was a little too mushy for my taste.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Shame - 5/5

So I'm an alcoholic who hasn't had a drink in just over seven months. Before that I had a really hard time dealing with my addiction. A lot of bad things happened because I could barely go a day without drinking a lot. It lead to a lot of relationship problems that will likely never be reconciled, family problems, money problems, health problems, job problems, and just overall life problems. If I hadn't stopped when I did, which it took me three times to stop before it stuck (for seven months anyway), I have no idea what shape I would be in now except that I would be much, much worse off and incredibly miserable.

So because of all of that, Shame was one of the most uncomfortable movies I've ever watched because it nailed addiction so well. Michael Fassbender did an incredible job and the writing was phenomenal. And I was so, so, so very uncomfortable that whole time. It was great and also miserable to watch for me. It did a fantastic job and I think everyone should watch it but holy shit I don't want to ever see it again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a46aa62043d1
deactivated-5a46aa62043d1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Boys on the Run - 4/5

panvixyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#699  Edited By panvixyl

A Hard Day's Night - give it 10034/10. Damn good movie.

joshs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sinister: 1 / 76

The entirety of the movie was boring, and not worth my time. I only finished it because I was lying in bed with my girlfriend and she was (hopefully) enjoying it. If I had been watching it on my own, I would have been done a lot sooner.