• 108 results
Daveydave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Daveydave

Sorry for the title, I just did not know what else to call it! 

The past few weeks I have been surrounded by my friends and there partners. Even my last single friend 
started a relationship the other day (how dare they!!!) Its made me realise that I have not had a proper 
relationship in a long long time, and that I would actually quite like one. I just don't seem to be able to meet 
anyone. 

I wondered what you fellow bombers thing about the whole relationship thing? How did you meet your partner? 
Or are you happy alone? Wondering if I should just wait for the "one" or if I should try throw myself out there a bit 
more (god knows where though!) 

Discuss! :D

Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Hot_Karl

I would like a relationship sometime (perhaps soon!) but not too soon. I'm just so focused on school & trying to graduate. I'm not nearly in the right mindset to have a relationship right now.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By HandsomeDead

In one. Eh, it was pretty good but I feel a talk is in order soon.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman

Maybe I'll be in one some day.  :|

Cincaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Cincaid

In one. Couldn't be happier.

dungbootle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By dungbootle

Was almost in one recently. She was indecisive/not good at communicating her feelings, so she basically hung me out to dry for over a month, making me very depressed all the while. Just ended everything last weekend, and though I would still very much like to be with someone, I don't think I'm in a good condition for a relationship right now.

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By melcene
@Daveydave said:
I wondered what you fellow bombers thing about the whole relationship thing?   
 It's probably not for everyone, but I prefer being in one.   
 How did you meet your partner?  
 He was a security officer and I was a dispatcher.  We were both seeing other people when we met.  He used to give me backrubs in the office during the graveyard shift.   
 Wondering if I should just wait for the "one" or if I should try throw myself out there a bit more (god knows where though!)    
 You don't necesarily know if someone is the one unless you're with them, and you can't be with them unless you try....  I dunno, we were pretty sure what we had was serious, but it wasn't until a good 4 or 5 years into it that I realized this was the person I was going to grow old and crotchety with.   
 Discuss! :D
The only other thing I want to point out is that being in a relationship isn't going to always be happy times.  That's how life is.  We have to work for the things we value.  That's also why wedding vows include "for better or worse."
cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By cookiemonster

Seems as though whenever I'm not looking for one, opportunities pop up, but when I do, I get nothing. I've got exams in two weeks and a few things have popped up. God dommot.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Daveyo520
@Daveydave: I want one fellow Davey Dave.
razorzxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By razorzxz
@Daveydave: I know exactly how you feel. Makes me feel left out that I never have, I'm hopefully gonna try as soon as possible. But for you, just try your best dude you will know when the time is right
craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By craigbo180
@Daveydave said:
Wondering if I should just wait for the "one" or if I should try throw myself out there a bit more (god knows where though!)  Discuss! :D
There is no such thing as the one, the only way you are going to find out if a person is someone you want to be with is by getting to know them. The notion that there is one person in the world you are supposed to be with is perhaps the stupidest shit ever.
SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#12  Edited By SMTDante89

I wanted to be in one really bad a few months ago (and I still do) but I realized I'm still young and there's no need to rush into one (that probably wouldn't end well) and so I decided to enjoy the single life for a while.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13  Edited By crusader8463

I would like someone some day, but my life is so fucked up and pathetic that if I did meet someone that I actually cared enough about to want to try for I wouldn't. If I really cared for them, then I would want something better for them then to be with someone like me.

dvand987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By dvand987

I'm more "out of one" than "in one"   Like Vince, I too have been focusing on school but one Saturday this past winter I went to my schools library to study(which was a rare occasion). While I was chill-jamming to some Erik Mongrain (who was featured on a Whiskey Media Happy Hour) I a girl strolled in and I gawked uncontrollably. She was average height, blond, cute face and a nice set of big, beautiful...eyes.  Well this library was vacant becasue of it being Saturday and all, so she could have sat in some empty corner to study without distraction. But she plopped down at the table right next to mine.
Well I looked like sheit; unshaved, haven't showered in like 3 days, and sporting a Green Bay Packer Hoodie. As I sat thinking of how I would "make my move" she kept dropping her pen and tapping her feet and it felt like she was doing so in my direction. So despite greasiness I decided to man up and hope that she would mistaken my appearance for rugged good looks. I waited for my opening to come...
She dropped her pen loudly and swore a little to loudly for a quiet library, this was my opening! "Hey its okay, everybody drops their pens every once in a while," I jokingly said trying to pull off an easy going smirk, all the while mentally face-palming my self furiously at the stupid opener. But that's all it took, we started chatting; at first it was school, then interests then plans for the weekend. She talked about video games and what games she liked playing, I played it cool knowing that freaking out on her about how much more video game knowledge I have would probably make her want to run away. 
Long story short she ended up being a stage 5 cling-on and I had to end it for my own sanity. My grades had fallen, I was stressed out, and I didn't have any time for myself. So now we just get together every once in a while for some fooly cooly but besides that there are not many strings attached.

If you are looking for a relationship you've got to put yourself out there. The easiest is to go to bars and clubs with your friends because not only are the girls all dressed up and ready to mingle, but you get some liquid courage and hopefully a few faithful wing-men to take care of the cock-blocking chicks that are just jealous that you approached their friend and not them. Fair warning though is you have a very low probability of meeting a decent chick out on the town. 
 But if you can't go to, or don't like the bars just look for the ladies at other local hangouts.  Places like Barnes and Nobels or coffee shops a pretty good because the atmosphere is easy going and the you can meet some very interesting girls. The conversation starters are pretty good too because based on the situation you can ask her what book shes reading or what coffee shes drinking.  You always have the chance to get lucky and meet a girl completely at random in like a laundry mat. Just the fact that you met at an odd place like that makes it more fun and less pressure because you have the mid set of "what the heck, I'll never see this person again if I make myself look like a fool." 

Besides those places, just go to your normal hangouts and keep an eye open. If you go to tabletop gaming store just keep an eye out for the curios ladies that come in and want to learn D&D. (Chances are too, that you are the coolest one in the store if its a tabletop store so having the balls to go up and talk to a girl really won't be an issue. Also the other nerds there will think you are god afterwords)  If you enjoy going to the park with your friends, bring a frisbee and when a girl checks you out while your hanging out just toss her the fris and invite her to play.  

The main idea of all this is to be as much of yourself as possible. I'm not saying completely nerding out on a chick on the first date, but saying the same jokes that you tell your friends and talking about your interests are key. Also don't worry about "what do I talk about when I go up to her" cuz it honestly doesn't matter. As long as your talking to her about any topic thats good because chances are you are making her day more interesting anyway. Start off with the easy stuff like school and stuff, then move onto what her interests are, then share something about yourself; but as long as you are asking her questions, the convo will go smoothly. You may not even get a word in about yourself if you ask the right questions, plus she will leave thinking you are a great conversationalist!  Then after a good convo you will know if shes interested or not, then just ask her for her number so you can meet up again. You can hook her in by reminding her a a joke she found particularly funny during your convo or say that you would like to sit down and get to know her some more because she seems interesting. Tell her the truth.

So all an all. I don't suggest a relationship Like Vince said, that is if you want to concentrate on school and your own life. But if you still want one, go out and get it, you have to be the one that makes the first moves(girls like that, even if they deny you they still get a kick out of the fact the a guy approached them). Be honest, with her and yourself. And don't take it so seriously, life after all is just one big game.
GLHF
~ DV

rosebud04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By rosebud04

Have yet to be in one, and i am almost twenty. Although i am confident that if i put myself out their more then it will happen, at least thats what my friends tell me.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By flaminghobo
@dvand987: That's a lengthy first post there. 

I haven't been in a relationship for a while, and all the time that I'd like to be in one, I haven't found anyone that has serious potential.
Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Karl_Boss

I'm currently single and not really looking to get into one at the moment.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Baillie
@dvand987 said:
GLHF
You're doing it wrong.
BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#19  Edited By BraveToaster

I have things that I need to work on before I start getting into a serious relationship.

PrivateSkruf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PrivateSkruf

There's this girl that i've been trying to get together with, but unfortunately she has a boyfriend, but still I know there's something there. I've been asking myself this question over and over again if I should just stop this whole thing right now, or try some more.

falconer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 21

#21  Edited By falconer
@JJWeatherman said:
Maybe I'll be in one some day.  :|
Always Be Prowling. Wait, wut.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By lazyturtle

Married with kids..soo..doesn't really matter too much if I'm happy about it (I'd say I'm 50/50 on the happiness).  

@Daveydave
: Don't ever "wait" for the one (unless you are talking about marriage). Get out there and get around as much as possible while you are young and single..because it won't last. By the time you hit the mid 30s, most people are hooked up. One of my friends is recently divorced. She's cute and nice, yet is having a hard time finding a non-loser boyfriend...I'm worried that she will end up settling for "good enough". Its unfortunate that my wife isn't down with the whole polygamy thing..but what are you gonna do. 

Don't stress about it, but don't turn down any opportunities either.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By crusader8463
@lazyturtle: Buy her a boxed set of "Big Love" and make her watch it a few dozen times. Maybe she will grow on the idea.
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By lazyturtle
@crusader8463: Hmmm..interesting idea. To teach my children about how discrimination is wrong, I should have one incredibly hot wife from each race...right?
Kyreo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#25  Edited By Kyreo

Once upon a time, I was in a serious relationship.  It ended.  I am now single.  I don't want to be in a relationship.  The end.

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Sure I want one, but the simple fact is that I have no way of sustaining one. I don't have a steady source of income, a cell phone, and I don't have a license or a car yet. I hope to get my license soon though.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By crusader8463
@lazyturtle said:
@crusader8463: Hmmm..interesting idea. To teach my children about how discrimination is wrong, I should have one incredibly hot wife from each race...right?
Only if you could you resist making a neapolitan joke every time you get in bed together.
TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheBlackPigeon

I've never had a girlfriend in the thirty one years I've been alive. 

Needless to say, I'm looking to break the streak. 

#inb4gayjokes
#inb4foreveralone

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#29  Edited By sweep  Moderator

In and out, if you know what I mean...

TheBlackPigeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheBlackPigeon
@Sweep

James Bond style, baby.
Busting heads. Jumping in 'n out of beds.....
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Aetheldod
@craigbo180: Awww shit dude I was counting on the one .... now Im screwed :'( 
Never been on a relationship so I do want one , but am ackward as to be able to get one ....
the8bitNacho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#32  Edited By the8bitNacho
@HandsomeDead said:
In one. Eh, it was pretty good but I feel a talk is in order soon.
This, pretty much.
sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By sweep  Moderator

@TheBlackPigeon said:

@Sweep: James Bond style, baby. Busting heads. Jumping in 'n out of beds.....

They don't call me 00Sweep for nuthin'

No Caption Provided
Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By Afroman269

No to both. I prefer hook-ups because they are easier and create less stress. 

christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By christ0phe

In one

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#36  Edited By Video_Game_King

Do political ones count?

Michaelblack18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Michaelblack18

in one met her through someone else instantly clicked been together for 2 years now happily in love

Brendan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Brendan

Not in one and don't want one at the moment.  The future is a mystery, however...

Dreamfall31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By Dreamfall31

Got out  of one last fall and I'm not ready at all to be in a new one.  It was a great one, but she had other plans for her life that really didn't include me.  It was a toughie to get over since we had been friends for about 3 years before we finally went for it. 

I'd like to be in one, but I rarely meet new people outside of my existing friends and I really do not think I'd be ready for one.   Maybe someday :/

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lemmycaution217
@Sweep said:

In and out, if you know what I mean...

Ah yes, the old in-and-out.
Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Chop

Once upon a time I thought relationships were my thing. After getting into my first relationship and realizing it made me miserable, I swore off of them. It's been six years and I have yet to meet anyone that makes me want to change my mind. 

Avatar image for lordxavierbritish
LordXavierBritish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

I know someone who fucked a chair.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Daveyo520
@LordXavierBritish: ...
PillClinton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By PillClinton
@dvand987 said:
 GLHF ~ DV
You're on Giant Bomb, man.  You mean GLHB. 
Hot_Karl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Hot_Karl
@dvand987: I like this story (and the fact that you said "Fooly Cooly" in a sexual context).  Good, informative stuff all-around. People should know this kind of stuff (or keep it in mind) when it comes to approaching girls. 
It's Not rocket science (but I'd say that maybe a scant few of the audience here might actually know rocket science).
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#46  Edited By JasonR86

Not in one, can't afford to be in one.  Dates are expensive for a college student without a regular income.

@LordXavierBritish said:

I know someone who fucked a chair.
I work at a moving company every summer.  One day, with one particularly irate customer, I flipped a couch over to put the wooden feet back on her couch (the type you screw in to the bottom of the couch).  The customer, who was already furious about every little thing (ex; she yelled at us for carrying to many boxes at once), yelled at me as I had just flipped the couch over, "You trying to have sex with my couch?  Is that what you're doing?!?!?".  She wasn't joking.  This was her way at trying to get under my skin.  I told her I only have sex with leather couches so her couch would be safe.

...I didn't get a tip.
sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#47  Edited By sparklykiss

I was recently made single. :| Thank you for the reminder. 

:|

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Daveyo520
@Sparklykiss: I hear JJWeatherman is single ;)
sparklykiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49  Edited By sparklykiss
@Daveyo520: I hate you.
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Daveyo520
@Sparklykiss: :( 

It was mainly to make him awkward. I am sorry.