Responding To Break-Ups

MCXCI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By MCXCI

We've all been there. What are things you guys and girls have done when you and your significant other went separate ways? How did you cope? Habits you picked up? Things you learned?

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Went to the bar and replaced her with another one.

tekmojo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By tekmojo

Talked to her friend.

iamjohn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By iamjohn

I coped by not coping.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By fr0br0

Think up another one.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Snipzor

Never been in this situation, but I would probably hire someone to pee in their soup.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By fr0br0
Pato said:
"   Yeah, this threads going to shit. I just noticed that their happen to be a few relationship threads on the forum and I thought it would be interesting if the community (as diverse as we are) actually shared some of our experiences. Especially considering that at those moments we tend to come across threads such as I intended this one to be."
Well how many possible ways are there to cope? Forget about it? Replace her with another girl? Go on a shooting rampage? Most people here are either just going to say "Just move on" or "Never had one" Why not make the thread more worthwhile with some fun answers...
Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Luke

After a break-up, usually one person is more broken-up about it than the other.

If it's you that is most hurt, then just look at the positive.  Think of it as a new beginning, rather than the end of the world.  It's usually best to surround yourself by friends and don't get too drunk, but have a couple beers every now and then.

Also, and I can't stress this enough, stay active.  Your body needs exercise to release them natural feel gewd drugs.  If you join a gym, that's also another way to pick-up on the other sex... when the time is right.

Me personally, I always seem to lose a little weight after a break-up.  It's awesome! :p

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#9  Edited By Gunner

last chick that dumped me forced me into a 3 day drinking binge and i ended up forgetting about her.

probably the worst ive ever been through, but i got free booze for it so it was k.

I learned that drinking doesnt solve anything, but time will.

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By c1337us

Last serious relationship ended in: So I'll see you Friday right? That was 2 years ago and one changed phone number.

Systech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Systech

Absolutely nothing if you know what I mean.

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By vidiot

It bites.
It took me a while to bounce back after being on the receiving end of a pretty nasty relationship. I wouldn't suggest immediately finding someone else for the sake of having a relationship, just about each example of that I have seen and tried never really works anything long-term. (Unless that's your goal :P)

Advice? Keep aware and learn from your friends terrible, terrible mistakes. Remember: It didn't work probably for a reason, and that reason was to find someone else.

adam_grif

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By adam_grif

No experience in that department :(

Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually just got out of a three-year relationship.

It was one of those situations where, in retrospect, you realize it was not the best of places to be in. I suppose I knew that while I was still in the relationship, though, because aside from adjusting to a new daily routine, I wasn't beat up emotionally.

That's probably the hardest part for me, getting new routines and filling voids where there weren't any beforehand. If you're the more emotionally traumatized of the two partners, though, then I have no real advice. It's easy for someone like me to say, "Just start flirting right away." But I could understand the difficulty there if you're pining for a specific person who will, all things considered, never take your hand again.

I've always been of the mindset that I'm too young to worry about destiny and true love and all of that malarkey. I'm only 21, and inter-gender interactions always came somewhat easily. The sooner you can pick up that independent philosophy, the better, I'd say. It's easier than you might think, I promise. 

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By keyhunter

I dunno how you peasants cope with break ups, but I can wholeheartedly say that the best way to deal with that sort of situation is to date all of the person you broke up with's friends.

Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

My advice is to punch her in the face as hard as you can.

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By keyhunter
AnimZero said:
"My advice is to punch her in the face as hard as you can."
And if you got her pregnant, punch her unborn child in the face. POW.
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
keyhunter said:
"AnimZero said:
"My advice is to punch her in the face as hard as you can."
And if you got her pregnant, punch her unborn child in the face. POW."
Pow! Right in the kisser!
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meltbrain said:
"Sir_Ragnarok said:
"I actually just got out of a three-year relationship.

It was one of those situations where, in retrospect, you realize it was not the best of places to be in. I suppose I knew that while I was still in the relationship, though, because aside from adjusting to a new daily routine, I wasn't beat up emotionally. That's probably the hardest part for me, getting new routines and filling voids where there weren't any beforehand. If you're the more emotionally traumatized of the two partners, though, then I have no real advice. It's easy for someone like me to say, "Just start flirting right away." But I could understand the difficulty there if you're pining for a specific person who will, all things considered, never take your hand again. I've always been of the mindset that I'm too young to worry about destiny and true love and all of that malarkey. I'm only 21, and inter-gender interactions always came somewhat easily. The sooner you can pick up that independent philosophy, the better, I'd say. It's easier than you might think, I promise.  "
That's deep, man."
Haha. Shut up.

:-p
DanielJW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#22  Edited By DanielJW

I took refuge in Giant Bomb. Built myself a castle of Endurance Run watching and Forum browsing. Nobody can hurt me in here...nobody...

Nicholasotzs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Nicholasotzs

I just ended a relationship last week. Actually, she did, but that doesn't matter. The thing is, it's always good to get out and date lots of different people. I just think it's wrong to not be able to meet new people.

...At least that's what I told myself when my girlfriend broke up with me.