Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101  Edited By Th3_James
@Pinworm45 said:
" @dr_nefarious said:
"  Just a little background information to start off, I have been struggling with clinical depression for years now. I've been seeing a psychiatrist monthly and I've always thought the reason I've been struggling with clinical depression was because of that fact that I was always stressed out because of school work to the point where it started to carry over into depression. I had problems with anxiety as well.  "
Grow up. The real world has no care or remorse for such childishness. "
Agreed.... People all over the world have real problems, not this bullshit.
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#102  Edited By fattony12000

Being raped or beaten or killed or made into a child slave or soldier, being strafed by Apache Longbows, Me 109s, being fired upon with rockets and missiles and mortars, shot and shell and sub machine gun. Having your lands taken or despoiled in front of your eyes, seeing your friends and family murdered or taken away, never to be seen again. No access to education, medicine, religious or spiritual freedom, or protection from hinder and harm.

Life sure is hard in a first world developed country/major super power, though.

ALSO NO PARAGRAPHS!? SWEET MERCIFUL CHRIST!

jorbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 6

#103  Edited By jorbear

Gosh, some people are being big fat chodes on this topic. 

Anyway. Man, I feel for you. My Dad is an Alchoholic, suffers from Chronic Depression, and Anxiety Disorder, and I think I have some of that too.  I've been turned down by my parents a bit too, and luckily for me, I've been able to bounce back and learn to live without them. It is extremely hard to do, especially when you live in a place like Utah.  
Oh and, I don't think was the best place to post it either. Sorry.

Malakhii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#104  Edited By Malakhii
@RaceKickfist said:
" OP, talk with your parents. whether or not your personal problems register on the global scale is beside the point- it matters to YOU, and I think it matters to your parents as well. And reaching out to a community, ANY community, for help is not a sign of weakness. It doesnt make you any less of a man. It makes you wise. I didnt read much of the posts on this thread, but the general consensus is to approach your parents and discuss these issues. The sooner you do, the sooner you can heal, and move on. And continue with your counseling therapy- it will help. It helped me out a LOT when I was going thru not-so-great times.   "
This fellow's PoV is hit's the nail on the head. Take it.  

Loving all the stupid bickering going on in the thread over bullshit, come on duders keep it real.
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Diamond
@Fattony12000 said:
being strafed by Apache Longbows
But the therapeutic effect of successfully shooting down an Apache Longbow outweighs the negatives of being strafed in the first place, if you can manage it.
Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#106  Edited By Grillbar

im sorry there was just to mutch text, so only read a little or it. And im no expert but it cant help to talk to them if you might even wanna bring your  psychiatrist in on it since that can help him help you. my first thought was about the devorce that it sounded like you were using that as an excure or more correctly as reason for why you are depressed, but in anycase talking allways help in the long run so... 

even though im no expert my advise is talk to your psychiatrist about the devorce and how you might think it has something to do with it, and ask if it would be a good idea to get both your parents and yourself in for a session and talk about it. if your depression comes from hat it might help and if not it will still help some
fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By fattony12000
@Diamond said:
" @Fattony12000 said:
being strafed by Apache Longbows
But the therapeutic effect of successfully shooting down an Apache Longbow outweighs the negatives of being strafed in the first place, if you can manage it. "
Of course, always look on the positive side of a Hellfire missile or burst from a 30mm machine gun.
Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108  Edited By Kazona
@Pinworm45: Someone clearly didn't read the OP's post properly. His issue was not about his parents getting divorced, but about them showing very little to no interest in him. Now, I don't know about you, but if my parents showed no interest in me I would be pretty upset about it. After all, if anyone should care about a child's life, it's the parents.  

All this guy did was ask for advice. It was a very simple question: talk to his parents about what's bugging him, or not? There was absolutely no reason to be a dick about it. Because that is what you were, plain and simple. You might think your "advice" of dealing with it is better than the coddling (of which I have seen none throughout this entire topic), but the reality is that you, kiddo, are a douche. 

@dr_nefarious: Talk to your parents. Get it off your chest. And if they show no concern for it, then my advice would be to quit trying. There is no point in putting effort into a fruitless endeavor. Not easy--they are your parents after all--but probably the best solution in the long run.  

Like I said, though, try talking to them first. At least then you'll know you've done everything you could.
BionicMonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By BionicMonster
@Axxol said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @lawlerballer said:
"wall of text aaaaaah "
Its not that big -.- "
That's what she said. "
Not now Axxol....not now.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#110  Edited By dr_nefarious
@project343 said:
" @Pinworm45:  I do agree with you on certain points. Considering oneself as 'special' is certainly a dangerous frame of mind, as it disconnects the individual from reality and puts them in their own fantastical world against their own fantastical standards. Further, I do agree: you should never hold onto negative feelings, and moving on is the healthiest thing for any troubled individual to do.  

However, you can still feed someone positivity without telling them that they're unique. Telling a boy that he's capable of great things is very different than telling him that he's brilliant, or a visionary, or some flourished blessing. But as opposed to your thoughts: people are far more likely to actively engage in society when they are fed positivity as opposed to no reward atoll. In order to inspire passion, you have to tell an individual that they 'can' achieve so much.  At the end of the day, I'd speculate that your idea of raising a child would lead them into a passionless forward-momentum: another student making his way aimlessly through a business degree in order to amount to society's standards. To me, that isn't a life that anyone should live. People should be exploding with passion and positivity. They should be running after their far-fetched goals, and picking themselves up after every fall. Great advances in art and science were never made by people who just 'kept on truckin.' A passionate individual has enough confidence in themselves and enough pride in the human race to stand up against your before-mentioned world issues, poverty or political injustice. "
QFT!!
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By dr_nefarious
@Pinworm45 said:
" @audiosnag said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" @audiosnag said:
" @Pinworm45:  Because you started with this "Grow up. The real world has no care or remorse for such childishness." And you pretty much stuck with that tone if not got worse. If you honestly can't see why he wouldn't care about your situation after you opened up with that statement then you're not the brightest light bulb in the pack. If i said to someone "hey i have a problem" and they responded with "grow up, nobody cares, get over yourself...oh but while you're here i need to discuss a problem i have with you" then its pretty likely i wouldn't give a damn. It's not that hard to figure out. "
But that's not what I'm saying. I don't know where you're getting the impression I either said I have problems or said I wanted to discuss them, because I didn't and I don't. I pointed out his quote as evidence towards my theory posted in my other post. that, combined with messages he's said to both me and others, makes a pretty decent case, I'd say. I'm not expecting him to care about anything related to me, nor do I desire it. I was using it as evidence for his character.  "
I know what you're saying. But the evidence you're using to point out character flaws is the fact that he said you probably have worse problems then he does followed by LOL. And like i said, obviously he's gonna say something like that when you started being so hostile. Matt Rorie used a personal example in his post and you didn't see the OP go "get out this is my thread damnit!!"  It's not that hard to understand. "
I also said to view his other responses to other people, which were similar to the ones he gave me. He acted like the exact same snooty narcissist who threw a temper tantrum and was rude and insulting when the people did not give him "hey man, you're awesome! cheer up!" like attention and instead offered actual, valid advice or told him to grow up in a manner less direct and rude than the one I chose.    far as I'm concerned that established his character. 

@dr_nefarious said:
Try not to come off as such a douche and actually try to care and listen to peoples problems. Kthxbai! "
I do, just not self absorbed brats like yourself. If anything could have possibility solidified my point, it was your use of Kthxbai. Grow up and get over yourself.  Now I'm done. "
Please kid, just stop crying. You're embarrassing yourself. Kthxbai!
huntad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#112  Edited By huntad
@dr_nefarious:  IMO yes, but only to help yourself. I have the exact same problem, except my dad has no reason whatsoever to not see me with all the free time he has. My mom is exactly the same, as in a teacher and constantly keeping busy, and usually has no time to talk or anything. They don't even care to try and make time. The only way they'll listen to you is if you break down in front of them, and then a couple days later, it'll all be back to the same shit. You can't change them. This isn't hollywood. Just start keeping a journal, worry about yourself and those that do listen, or find some people that will (friends). I'm in the same exact boat.
dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By dr_nefarious
@KingWilly said:
" @Pinworm45:   The trick when dealing with sore people like the OP (when they feel smug and superior because someone else articulated their "defense" better than they could) is to try and maintain the high ground. It's not easy when someone rubs your face in some bullshit, like the OP is trying to do, but people do respect you for being the bigger man and letting it lie. Props. 

@dr_nefarious:
I didn't defend you because you're particularly clever, or a contributor to Giant Bomb, I defended you because you're a poor kid going through some rough shit and didn't deserve to get harped on like that. You should carry yourself with a shred of dignity instead of holding a petty grudge. Dude cut you, someone told him it was stupid, he realized it was stupid, and then we moved on. Trying to rub someone's face in it is just proving that you're a childish fool.  "
I'm sorry but what exactly did I particularly do to insult you? I thought a previous page you were defending me..
Ryax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#114  Edited By Ryax

if youre as whiny in real life as you are here i dont blame them for not caring about you

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By dr_nefarious
@Ryax said:
" if youre as whiny in real life as you are here i dont blame them for not caring about you "
I guess I'm whiny because I've always wanted to know as a kid why my parents showed no interest in me..
lazyturtle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#116  Edited By lazyturtle

Wow...some people commenting here are real jerks. I recommend going with the "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything" rule. 

It sounds like it sure did suck to have your parents not be involved in your life in the ways you wanted them to be. Maybe they had to work, maybe they had other commitments...but why make excuses. The past can't be changed. Work on making the future the way you want it. 

Heres the tricky part. If you blame them, what will be accomplished? They'll feel bad (or perhaps worse. Maybe all that time they wanted to spend time with you but couldn't..)but it won't get that moment of your life back. If you blame yourself, you'll go crazy.  So don't go down that path. Focus on what you can impact. Didn't get enough of your parents growing up? Spend time with them now.  Focus on the times where they got it right.

Sounds like your parents weren't great at parenting. To be fair its REALLY hard. Its a ton of work where you get little to no appreciation. I can't imagine how hard it must be to do it solo. If you want to confront them with their failings, just be aware that it may hurt them deeply. That might not be worth whatever you might get out of the showdown.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin
@dr_nefarious said:
"Should I tell my parents or someone this? Because this has been bugging me for years and I need to get it off my chest. "

Yes, you should absolutely sit both of your parents down and tell them that when neither of them showed up to accept your show-and-tell drawing in second grade it ruined your life, then you should call up your best friend and tell him too.
meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#118  Edited By meteora
@Pinworm45 said:
" @dr_nefarious said:
" @Pinworm45 said:
" @dr_nefarious said:
"  Just a little background information to start off, I have been struggling with clinical depression for years now. I've been seeing a psychiatrist monthly and I've always thought the reason I've been struggling with clinical depression was because of that fact that I was always stressed out because of school work to the point where it started to carry over into depression. I had problems with anxiety as well.  "
So you're telling me that the real world is a cold and dark one? A world where no one cares for each other? If yes, then you've also proved my point in the fact that I should see life in a pessimistic view huh? "
That's right. If you ask me, which you did by making this post on the internet as far as I'm concerned, your problems are pathetic and are a perfect example of the current problems humanity faces in the modern world.   As for caring for each other, I certainly don't care at all - AT ALL - about your pathetic parent issues and desire to feel special because you have 'clinical depression'. I definitely don't care about your non-problems when there's thousands of children who can't eat every single day, constant war and famine. You don't compare, at all, to any degree. You're not unique, you're not special, and speaking as someone whos parents also split up when I was 3: get over it. be a god damned man, because the real world isn't going to treat you like you're a special little broken person who needs to be treated nicely. Because you aren't.  Thus; grow up and take responsibility. "
You're such a gentlemen, you really are...
kelbear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By kelbear
@dr_nefarious:  

Tell your parents, and give'em a break too. They're only human.
Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#120  Edited By Yummylee

All I have to say is I'm sorry you've having to put up with the more harsher reactions to the thread, and I strongly agree with the posts who had abit of sensitivity and tell your parents.

Metric_Outlaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#121  Edited By Metric_Outlaw

That's your depression talking. I was depressed for a long time too. The only way you can stop is to stop it yourself. I know it sounds mean and heartless but you need to suck it up and make yourself happy. Moping all day won't change how your parents were. The only thing you can influence now is your future. You can choose to be upset for the rest of your life or you can choose to be happy.

BiffMcBlumpkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By BiffMcBlumpkin

If I were his Father I would sit back immediately after he told me the story and tell him how heartbroken I was when he didn't show up to bring your Daughter to work day - then I'd lick my finger, reach out & touch the air in front of me, and say "Dad one, Son zero."
ryoma122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By ryoma122

tell them for god sake the truth may and normaly does set you free

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Aren't you the same kid who said he smoked weed because his homework made him clinically depressed?

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

#125  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Dude, you really need to talk to your parents about this. It sounds like you had a really rough time and sorry for the assholes in this thread.

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Emilio
@dr_nefarious:  
Honestly, I think anxiety and depression are a half myth. Everybody has comes across feelings like this sometime in their life, but most people wouldn't know it or lucky for them, they never come across it. 

I would say, that seeing how this is lingering memory that has been with you for a while, that you talk to you parents about it. Listen to me on this. It will make you feel better to confront your parents about it, and how you currently feel. Its like getting rid of a bad vibe spirit that has been living inside you for years. 

The next thing,  is that a lot of major stress can come from things like school or the workplace. Understanding what is causing OTHER anxiety or depression symptoms is very important.  You must become aware of your surroundings and the people that you are interacting with on a day to day basis, because these are the things that create symptoms.  

Sure, you can say that its all in your head (which it is), but that's because you are human.
TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#127  Edited By TehFlan

I'm pretty sure Pinworm45 was just a troll. I mean, no one can be that stupid and heartless at the same time right...?
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#128  Edited By damnboyadvance

Sounds like it's time for a talk. If you think that is what is bothering you, then you need to talk to your parents about it. That would be one of the first and most important steps in solving the problem.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#129  Edited By damnboyadvance
@Pinworm45 said:
" @dr_nefarious said:
Grow up and show some fucking sympathy.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By iam3green

paragraphs man, paragraphs. 

you should talk to your parents about this. make them listen to you. maybe try getting them to go out with you somewhere. every week sun-friish i eat dinner with parents and talk about stuff.

OllyOxenFree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#131  Edited By OllyOxenFree
@MAN_FLANNEL said:

" Aren't you the same kid who said he smoked weed because his homework made him clinically depressed? "

Yeah I think he is.  In that same thread, that pinworm dude was talking shit to the OP as well I believe.

Maybe they are the same person?  The world may never know.
Avatar image for captain_clayman
captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By captain_clayman

YES tell them. 

talking it out always solves things at least partially

captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By captain_clayman

Pinworm45, you're a fucking tool.  Starving kids in Africa must have had better parents than you.  

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#134  Edited By Xeiphyer
@Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @lawlerballer said:
"wall of text aaaaaah "
Its not that big -.- "
It sure is.
Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By Berserk007

You know why most people blame depression on their parents? Because chances are the problem is rooted there. You can do one of two things, either have a direct talk with your parents which may make it better or perhaps worse, or on the other side of the coin just hold it in.  Whatever you decide there is no miracle conversation with your parents or a doctor that is going to fix it, (Not sure how old you are) but as you get older you can come to terms with it and move on past it..but it will always remain with you. The only real tip I can give you is try to stay away from pych meds they can help but they can also make you a zombie. Good luck to you.

captain_clayman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By captain_clayman
@KingWilly said:
" @Pinworm45: There is a very fundamental difference in trying to tell someone their problems aren't that bad, and tearing into them with joy like you did. The things you said and the way you said them made it look like it's an itch you were waiting to scratch. I don't see how you can be a compassionate individual and choose to rip into somebody in a sad enough state like that.   And yes, the world has problems. Everyone has problems. His problems may not be a big deal to you or I, but that doesn't mean we can't take the moment or two it takes to listen and try to guide as best as we can. Instead you chose to berate him and try to emasculate the dude. That's not right, no matter how you want to slice it. "
yeah i agree.  Instead of taking your time to make the dude feel better you just trash the shit out of him until he feels worse.  from all the posts you've been posting it would seem that you take a lot of joy in making people feel as shitty as you do.  instead of saying "it's not so bad, cheer up" you're saying "you're problems are ghey, fag" and not really helping anyone at all.
Berserk007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Berserk007

you are bound to wade through some garbage when posting on a forum is it really that big of a surprise?

tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By tebbit
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" If I were his Father I would sit back immediately after he told me the story and tell him how heartbroken I was when he didn't show up to bring your Daughter to work day - then I'd lick my finger, reach out & touch the air in front of me, and say "Dad one, Son zero." "
Sense: zero. BiffMcBlumpkin: 1.
actionTACO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By actionTACO

maybe you should get over it you little queer. i was depressed once but then i bootstrapped my way out of it with sheer gumption and look at me now,  i'm a successful giant bomb poster and libertarian voter!  

Devil240Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By Devil240Z

Seriously though, writingtutoring@gmail.com its great. 

Lunar_Aura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Lunar_Aura

@dr_nefarious: 
The "real world" is full of people like Pinworm45. Knowing that you're not like that should brighten your day by default. 

Oh, and the day you posted this thread, GiantBomb had four Quick Looks! That's so awesome and should cheer you up a little. And a staff member posted in your thread! I've been trying to get a staff member to talk to me forever now. 

Get happy about the little things. We tend to lose sight of them in our busy lives and take things for granted. I know it's difficult in the vortex of depression but the moment you feel like this, go outside and get some air. Look at society, hell, laugh at society! Laugh at that dork glued to his iPhone like he's Mr. Important. Aspire to be that yutz in the Starbucks flirting with that chick he has no chance with.

You're not a child anymore. Why would you let any one bad experience dictate your awesome life?! I don't mean to scare you, but the more a person loses, the more they tend to gain sight of what is really valuable and important. Before you talk to your parents, try and read your topic post and ask yourself some questions: What if my mother/father read this? Is this something I can resolve on my own?  

Would I regret never telling them should they or I die?

Cramsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By Cramsy
@Axxol said:
" @Bloodgraiv3 said:
" @lawlerballer said:
"wall of text aaaaaah "
Its not that big -.- "
That's what she said. "
Thank you so much man, I laughed hard 
Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You better tell them. Talking usually helps, unless they're complete assholes. In which case, be happy you didn't spend much time with them, seeing as you could've easily become the same.

Bad things have been said as well as good, and you should take both into account. Get this off your head, mature a bit and one day when and if you have kids, make sure this doesn't happen

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#144  Edited By Vinny_Says
@BiffMcBlumpkin said:
" If I were his Father I would sit back immediately after he told me the story and tell him how heartbroken I was when he didn't show up to bring your Daughter to work day - then I'd lick my finger, reach out & touch the air in front of me, and say "Dad one, Son zero." "
BOOM MOTHERFUCKER!!
Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By GunslingerPanda

Tell your psychiatrist/counsellor/whatever first and ask their opinion. Cause they're trained and shit.

My opinion: Tell them and make them feel like shit. I think a lot of parents must be the same now; always working to get MOAR MONEY to put food in their kids bellies and get them xboxen and shit but not actually giving their children any attention, which is far more important. My parents were the same, and I'm a mess (similar situation to you: diagnosed with depression, psychosis, on ridiculous pills, seeing a counsellor every two weeks, blah blah blah) which I let them know at every opportunity. Coz fuck them, they deserve it. And you know what? We have a much better relationship now that I'm more open about making them feel like shit, as weird as that sounds.

And really, what's the worst that can happen by talking to them about it? They can whinge and moan at you about it and call you ungrateful and shit? Then fuck them, they're pricks if they do that and clearly have no respect for you, and are thus undeserving of your respect.

tl;dr yeah man do it

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Phr4nk0

I'm no expert but from the very little I know about psychology it seems like the vast majority of psychologists refute the existence of repressed memories. In fact if you have been seeing this psychologist and they know you feel this is a repressed memory and they support this then I would recommend you get another psychologist.  
Repressed memories are from the Freud school of psychology, something that has been proven false and laughed out of reputable psychology schools for years and years and years now. Freud's theories have been deemed psuedo-psychology and that's putting it lightly. The reason repressed memories are common knowledge is through propagation in the media whose representation of what psychology is is many many decades old and would now result in malpractice suites from people that would get put through this. That combined with the absolute cliche of what yours has been described as makes me very skeptical of its validity. If your psychologist pushes this repressed memory as proof of anything than she is sorely out of date with modern thoughts on the matter at best, and at worst could have actually mislead you into believing something has happened in your life that hasn't.

In short tell your psychologist that you think you have a repressed memory and go through it with him/her. Make sure you tell them you think it is a repressed memory as you only have just re-remembered it. If they blindly accept this and encourage you to explore it, I would go see another psychologist and see what they have to say before you go messing around and maybe making your current situation worse because of a falsehood.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By GunslingerPanda

I just read through the thread. lol@Pinworm45 but doublelol@anyone not ignoring him.

TorMasturba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By TorMasturba

Ignore the ass-holes that're posting here, I suffered from depression for the longest time, I was almost suicidal at one stage, and how I got out of it is by focusing on improving myself and the world around me. 

My parents were abusive people, many times I went to bed as a kid with new bruises and was scared out of my wits for my life that my dad would hit me again and finish me off. My mum was and is still a drunk. 
I had shitty grades when I finished high school, I went to college and then dropped out because I was too lazy to do the homework, among other things, all I wanted to do was try and have fun for the first time in my life
But because I no longer had a place to go to on a daily basis ie: school/college/work I soon found myself cut off from the world and began to truly despise people for not caring enough. 
One night I got so bad that I was about to kill myself (as mentioned above) when I suddenly clicked and thought about it, and realized that my life was the way it was because I'd let it get that way without realizing it.
Which meant that I could've also used force of will to let it go another way. 

Obviously I can't rectify the past with this new realization I had, but I can rectify the way I want my life to go from now onwards. 
I decided that hard work and many late nights is what I would have to put up with in order to catch up with how my life would've been under normal circumstances, had I been given a better start and surroundings in life when I was born. 

I decided that my parents were and are still lost causes, that won't be fixed until they want to fix themselves. When the time comes I'll talk to my mum again once she's fully stopped drinking full-stop, but my dad has no chance, because he wasn't under any influence of anything, he was just a sadistic bastard of a man that enjoyed hurting people. 

Due to my upbringing I also had limited social skills as well, this has improved greatly as I now finally have quite a few people that're friends that I could trust with anything that I told them, even my credit card details and my passport. 
I've improved many of my grades and live with my best-friend and girl friend. 

hopefully life continues

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#149  Edited By mutha3

Clincical depression? Pssshhhawwww

Chemical imbalance? get out of here

Years of studying psychology and work experience?lol

Yes, you heard it here first, ladies and gentelemen, the proper way to get through clinical depression is by really wanting to badly and being treated like shit by internet basement dwellers.

*sigh*

shove your anime bullshit up your ass, pinwheel.

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#150  Edited By mutha3
@Phr4nk0:  You are right in that the overwhelming majority(read:sane)of psychiatrists  consider Freud's work to be a load of bunk.

However, the concept of repressed memories isn't half as looked down upon as you seem to think. You won't find much of a consensus there.