So I'm coming out of the closet...

Draugen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 20

#101  Edited By Draugen

I can relate. I remember how hard it was having to tell my parents what a lazy, useless layabout I am. They weren't that shocked. :)

Seriously though, good luck duder. I hope it goes well.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#102  Edited By impartialgecko

Good for you man, the sooner you embrace it the better your life will be.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

I hope being a gay enriches your life.

fetchfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By fetchfox

@notdavid: Congratulations, and best of luck with family and friends! It takes guts to face oneself and tell the world who one really are.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#105  Edited By Kazona

I'm not good at inspiration and motivational speeches, so instead I will just say:

YOU CAN DO IT!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#106  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

One of my closest friends is gay. I've known him since we were like 7 years old, and coming out was incredibly difficult for him. The day he told me he was so nervous. We'd been hanging out all day and he'd told me he had something he wanted to tell me. I'd guessed what it was - he was always very camp and I'd had a good idea that he was probably gay for a while. But I didn't say anything, I knew he had to do it in his own time. He ended up writing it down on a piece of paper, passing it to me, and he sat on the edge of his bed with his head in his hands feeling sorry for himself. I took a slight glance at the paper to confirm what I already knew and just said "I know. And it's fine". Then he said in the most camp voice I've ever heard come from him "Aw, come here, give me a hug". Then we drank a lot of gin. Well, not that much, but we were like 15 or 16, it was a lot for us.

Everyone else he told were super supportive too. I can't guarantee it'll be the same for you. But I can guarantee that anyone who truly cares about you will accept you for who you are and will want you to go and live life to its full potential, even if that involves a lifestyle they don't fully understand or agree with.

PolygonSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By PolygonSlayer

All the best man, I hope it worked out for you. :)

You are who you are, and trying to hide that is always painful so let it out and since they are your parents, they should understand. If they have any reaction to it, I'm sure it will only be temporary and with time they will come to understand, because I mean it's not like you are a different person than the one they cared and loved for all this time.

piropeople13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#108  Edited By piropeople13

It might be hard or awkward for awhile, but you have to do it sometime for your own sake, and months or years down the line you'll be happy you did it. Just have the courage to plough through it.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By AlexanderSheen

"Believe in me who believes in you!"

You can do it!

BatmanBatmanBatman to you!

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Red12b

@notdavid:

Be who you are and say what you feel: because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Sayishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111  Edited By Sayishere

Good luck man!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By kindgineer

@mcderby4 said:

If you lack belief in yourself, others will treat you no differently.

fini_fly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#113  Edited By fini_fly

Good luck to you. Hopefully your family will be accepting. My younger brother came out years ago and hasn't looked back.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#114  Edited By Grillbar

cant give you any advise since i have no experience with anything of that kind but all i have to say is that i think its great and im happy for you good luck with that and everything

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By intro

They probably already know :p

I don't have anyway to help you, but good luck.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By laserbolts

There seems to be a ton of gay people that use this site. Is it Vinny's pipes? Anyways good luck dude i'm sure it will be fine.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Intro said:

This is pretty likely, I know a couple of gay people, and all of them was bloody nervous when they decided to tell their family. And all of them experienced the same, that their parents told them that they kinda had figured it out already.

But good luck to you anyway.

jeanluc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 13

#118  Edited By jeanluc  Staff

@laserbolts said:

There seems to be a ton of gay people that use this site. Is it Vinny's pipes? Anyways good luck dude i'm sure it will be fine.

Please, you don't need to be gay to find Vinny attractive.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By CL60
@Village_Guy

@Intro said:

This is pretty likely, I know a couple of gay people, and all of them was bloody nervous when they decided to tell their family. And all of them experienced the same, that their parents told them that they kinda had figured it out already.

But good luck to you anyway.

Probably right, I'm pretty sure my parents think I'm gay even though I'm not, so i can imagine it would be pretty easy for a parent to know when their son is actually gay.
Raven10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#120  Edited By Raven10

Just wanted to add my support. I love the community here. Glad everyone has been so supportive and good luck with your dad. Sounds like your mom didn't take it too badly so I guess you are over the first hurdle. I'm sure it must be incredibly hard, but I hope everyone is supportive and you can find love in life. Really it's a great time for the LGBT community with Obama president. Just hope we don't get any right wing nuts in office any time soon and you should be good.

deox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By deox

Good for you duder, I can't imagine how difficult a situation like this would be. You're a stronger man than most. Best of luck with your parents.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@MattyFTM said:

One of my closest friends is gay. I've known him since we were like 7 years old, and coming out was incredibly difficult for him. The day he told me he was so nervous. We'd been hanging out all day and he'd told me he had something he wanted to tell me. I'd guessed what it was - he was always very camp and I'd had a good idea that he was probably gay for a while. But I didn't say anything, I knew he had to do it in his own time. He ended up writing it down on a piece of paper, passing it to me, and he sat on the edge of his bed with his head in his hands feeling sorry for himself. I took a slight glance at the paper to confirm what I already knew and just said "I know. And it's fine". Then he said in the most camp voice I've ever heard come from him "Aw, come here, give me a hug". Then we drank a lot of gin. Well, not that much, but we were like 15 or 16, it was a lot for us.

Everyone else he told were super supportive too. I can't guarantee it'll be the same for you. But I can guarantee that anyone who truly cares about you will accept you for who you are and will want you to go and live life to its full potential, even if that involves a lifestyle they don't fully understand or agree with.

Touching story, but it sucks that you can't talk about pussy with him anymore. Half the fun of being with friends is unanimously admiring big firm breasts.
pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#123  Edited By pyromagnestir

@AhmadMetallic said:

@MattyFTM said:

Touching story, but it sucks that you can't talk about pussy with him anymore. Half the fun of being with friends is unanimously admiring big firm breasts.

In my experience, gay guys like breasts just fine. They just don't want to put their dirty between them pervert.

Anyway... Congrats on it going all right with your mom. Hope it goes just as well with your dad. (Is it possible that your mom might be stalling so she can prep your dad on how to react before you lay it on him, and therefore is being awesome? (i think that would be awesome anyway) where's that alien conspiracy guys picture when I need it, damnit.)

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By InternetCrab

Either telling them or being depressed. Stay strong.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By kmdrkul

Turn on "Dancing Queen," sashay out to the living room where your parents are sitting, do a flamboyant snap of your fingers, and say, "hellooooooooo mommy and daddy!"

They'll get the point.

nail1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By nail1080

joke topic?

Avatar image for redcricketchase
RedCricketChase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By RedCricketChase

You can do it! I was raised super-hardcore Pentecostal, and didn't even realized I was into peens til I was 23. Go, you!!!! *support*

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#128  Edited By Jayzilla

Great. It won't change who you are or your happiness or contentment. Gay or straight, we are all just duders tryin to make our way through the universe.

Gizmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Gizmo

You're going to Hell!

Nah, just kidding, who cares, really. More power to you.

foggel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By foggel
@pyromagnestir said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

@MattyFTM said:

In my experience, gay guys like breasts just fine. They just don't want to you their dirty between them pervert.

Anyway... Congrats on it going all right with your mom. Hope it goes just as well with your dad. (Is it possible that your mom might be stalling so she can prep your dad on how to react before you lay it on him, and therefore is being awesome? (i think that would be awesome anyway) where's that alien conspiracy guys picture when I need it, damnit.)

i lol'd 

edit: I can mention that I have a friend that came out to me. The only other person he had told was his mother. I was proud that he dared to do so, and I'm pretty sure your friends will be too.
Anupsis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Anupsis

Good luck! You will feel a whole lot better after.

spiceninja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#132  Edited By spiceninja

@Dany said:

@PlasmaBeam44 said:

I came out to my parents about being an atheist about 2 years ago. It was hard (and I was outed by a friend on accident no less) but it was a great feeling once it happened. A huge weight was lifted from my shoulders. I wish you luck and I think you'll do just fine.

I take it your parents are fairly religious?

A bit, yes. But they were very understanding and we did have a long conversation on why I felt the way I did. They didn't shun me or try and disown me or anything. Their reaction was a lot worse in head than it was in actual reality.

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@AhmadMetallic said:

@MattyFTM said:

You know, I can think of several occasions when I'd be hanging out with him and I'd comment on the attractiveness of a lady followed by realizing my audience and saying something like "But I'm the only person in the room that appreciates that". But either way, his sexuality made no difference to our relationship at all. He's an amazing friend, regardless of where he wants to put his dick. I've even been to gay bars with him, and it's always been a good laugh.

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#134  Edited By Cube

Good job dude.

Avatar image for sexualbubblegumx
SexualBubblegumX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Dany
Yeah You really don't want to know.
notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By notdavid

Alright. So my dad just sent me an email saying that he wants to have dinner today, just me and him. Assuming this isn't about something entirely unrelated, today could be the day that I come out completely. I've been holding off on telling my friends and whatnot on Facebook until my family knew first.

Avatar image for dekkadekkadekka
dekkadekkadekka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By dekkadekkadekka

@notdavid: Who knows, maybe you'll get your super emotional moment that you wanted and posted about a while back. Best of luck to you, man.

Avatar image for everydayodyssey
EverydayOdyssey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#138  Edited By EverydayOdyssey

Good luck. You have our support!

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Maybe your dad is about to come out.

Double datin' dudes with Dad!

Avatar image for deactivated-5afdd08777389
deactivated-5afdd08777389

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

@The_Laughing_Man said:

If your not david..then who are you..

Goliath

Nice.

notdavid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By notdavid

@Flawed_System: They'd have to dig around in my profile to find that, though. After I tell my dad, I'm going to be more direct.

freakin9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142  Edited By freakin9

If I know one thing about gamers based on XBL, it's that they are super supportive of the gay lifestyle.

Actually all I learned is that they are just idiots.

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#143  Edited By Atlas

I know people who are openly homosexual, but I have never really talked to them about the experience of "coming out" - I guess it's different where you are in the world, and attitudes are more relaxed in major cities like mine.

Regardless, it's a brave and beautiful thing. It's always important for people to be comfortable about who they are, and for people around them to love and understand them. I wish you nothing but the best in this matter.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By jimmyfenix

any update on what happened?

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#145  Edited By Hizang

Don't know if I'm to late, but just do it, best feeling you can have. Letting a secret out you have had stored inside for years.

Metzo_Paino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By Metzo_Paino

Not sure I have any advice for you, but good luck!

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Coming to this late, but I want to wish you the best of luck. I'm sure it will (or does) fell great to finally not have to hide it. You have my support, duder!

Moreau_MD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Moreau_MD

@Foxtrot0245 said:

I think it's odd how this site repeatedly ostracizes people who talk about how they are depressed, lonely, in need of girl advice, having suicidal thoughts, etc, but without fail always makes coming out of the closet a top issue.

No disrespect and I wish you luck, just something I had on my mind.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#149  Edited By Sooty

This is all pretty gay.

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#150  Edited By rachelepithet

Another tree hugging bastard trying to make relationships all about love and admiration and adoration and partnership and all that welfare healthcare Marxist junk! God didn't make Adam & Steve, He made Adam & Eve & Adam's secretary & Adam's Craigslist hooker & Adam's daughter's field hockey teammates' photographs that Adam wanks off on top of and takes his own picture of the results and posts them on an underground reddit subforum- also made by God.