target in a heap of trouble

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By dr_nefarious

I Heard about this on the radio and frankly it pisses me off for many reasons. This doll is muttering how islam is the light and the fact that it is a doll and it's sold to little children can confuse them about their believes and even encourage them on the religion through a shady attempt at converting youths. All I have to say is that because of this little escapade muslims who already face enough discrimination in this country will be interogated even more. It's sad really. Target however denies all allegations, saying that the dolls are just speaking in gibberish which is complete bull.

ahriman22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ahriman22

The light an explosion....
Damn, that was mean...
But anywho, who came up with such a doll? Whatever happen to blond ladies with no toes?

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman

First off, this has nothing to do with Target.

Second, I find it very disturbing that people are throwing a huge fit about this but if the doll said "God bless", it would be adorable.

dr_nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By dr_nefarious
Milkman said:
"First off, this has nothing to do with Target.

Second, I find it very disturbing that people are throwing a huge fit about this but if the doll said "God bless", it would be adorable."
Actually It would be off store shelves in a heart beat. Even though this country was found on Christianity there are many people who don't believe in it.  Try to open your eyes.
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Gunner

God forbid someone try to spread their beliefs... Wait...

weltal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By weltal

Hahahahaha. Oh my god. I can't believe that made it into the news. I work at Target and this doll, we've been debating whether or not this thing was actually saying that. Wow. Good stuff.

serbsta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By serbsta

Wow... who cares?

I mean, Milkman already has this one covered, 'nuff said.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By StaticFalconar

You can find this doll at Toys R us besides Target. Why the fuck are you singling out target for?

Also, when i heard this on the news, I actually didn't know what the baby was saying until somebody suggested the islam phrase. Overall I think it sounds like a story similar to seeing the face of satan in the 911 towers burning or something of that sort. Its only there when you point it out, meaning you are the one making something out of nothing.

fr33lanc3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By fr33lanc3r

It's subliminal messaging/pavlovian training, they are telling us what there is to be heard, if they told us that is said, Jesus shits on toast, we'd hear Jesus shits on toast, it's really simple.  I hate how much this is played up in our media, I'm sure there will be a lawsuit.

Chokobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Chokobo

Stupid that people made the doll in the first place.  Stupid that people got all up in arms about it.  Stupid that the media are covering it.  Welcome to America.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Rowr
Chokobo said:
"Stupid that people made the doll in the first place.  Stupid that people got all up in arms about it.  Stupid that the media are covering it.  Welcome to America."
yep.

dr_nefarious
said:
"Milkman said:

Second, I find it very disturbing that people are throwing a huge fit about this but if the doll said "God bless", it would be adorable."
Actually It would be off store shelves in a heart beat. Even though this country was found on Christianity there are many people who don't believe in it.  Try to open your eyes."
As if it would be. I bet theres already a doll out there that says that.
MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#12  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

It doesn't sound like it's saying "Islam is the light" to me. It sounds like it's just speaking random baby talk that happens to sound vaguely similar to it.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

fr33lanc3r said:
"It's subliminal messaging/pavlovian training, they are telling us what there is to be heard, if they told us that is said, Jesus shits on toast, we'd hear Jesus shits on toast, it's really simple.  I hate how much this is played up in our media, I'm sure there will be a lawsuit."

This. Saw it explained with stairway to heaven on cspan awhile back.
Video_Tycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Tycoon
Rowr said:
"Chokobo said:
"Stupid that people made the doll in the first place.  Stupid that people got all up in arms about it.  Stupid that the media are covering it.  Welcome to America."
yep.

dr_nefarious
said:
"Milkman said:

Actually It would be off store shelves in a heart beat. Even though this country was found on Christianity there are many people who don't believe in it.  Try to open your eyes."
As if it would be. I bet theres already a doll out there that says that."
But it probably says on the box that it is religious, this you are thinking is just a doll that makes baby sounds, when could babies talk??
dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By dsplayer1010

*agrees with Milkman*

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By BoG
dr_nefarious said:
"Milkman said:

I'll tell you who needs to open their eyes...
Also, Fr33lanc3r, I've never heard the term "pavlovian training," but I know you're referring to classical conditioning, and I don't think you quite get that concept. This isn't it.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Where is the satan is king? every video i've seen of it it it only eve rsays islam is the light it never says satan is king.

fr33lanc3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By fr33lanc3r
BoG said:
"dr_nefarious said:
"Milkman said:

I'll tell you who needs to open their eyes...
Also, Fr33lanc3r, I've never heard the term "pavlovian training," but I know you're referring to classical conditioning, and I don't think you quite get that concept. This isn't it.
"
Correct sir, I am refering to classical systematic conditioning.  If you tell people that something looks one way enough, they will see it that way, take this example:

caption
caption
Can You tell me what is in the picture on the right.

If you couldn't see anything but a grilled cheese, go to this site.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4034787.stm

Now do you see it?

This is simple, I watched the video before I read the article, and turned off the sound until the baby came on, and did not hear what they were saying it was saying.
It's classical conditioning at its finest.