#1 Posted by Yelix (355 posts) -

The title of this thread pretty much speaks for itself. What is a terrible game or movie that you love and might even have spent money on?

Earlier today, my dad was looking around at a Big Lots that opened up here recently, and as you know they get a lot of closures on things that didn't sell, and on the $3 shelf, he found a legitimately new, sealed copy of Leonard Part 6. Now, I didn't know that this was ever released on DVD, and I've never actually seen it. We both love to make fun of terrible movies, but we're both afraid to watch it.

#2 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Killzone

#3 Posted by Bulldog19892 (1795 posts) -

I liked Enter the Matrix.

#4 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -
Bulldog19892 said:
"I liked Enter the Matrix."
I bought that game, got 1 minute into it, got really badly stuck and returned it.
#5 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -

Moved to OT

#6 Posted by samcotts (2258 posts) -
Hamz said:
"Moved to OT"
Eventhough it's video game related? Hmm.
Crash Bash is one of my favourite PS1 games. I know there are others, but I really can't think of them at the moment.
#7 Posted by Dimsey (964 posts) -

I recall liking Clayfighter 63 1/3. I don't know anyone else who does.

#8 Posted by Hamz (6846 posts) -
samcotts said:
"Hamz said:
"Moved to OT"
Crash Bash is one of my favourite PS1 games. I know there are others, but I really can't think of them at the moment.
"
Its about Movies and Games, better suited to OT than GD.
#9 Posted by dsplayer1010 (2227 posts) -
samcotts said:
"Hamz said:
"Moved to OT"
"
I really liked Crash Bash, too. I also have fond memories of playing an updated version of "Breakout." Neither of which I'd say were terrible, they just weren't received well.
#10 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
#11 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I actually kind of liked that fireworks PS2 launch title, Fantavision...at least at the time.

#12 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

I like wrestling games. 

Oh and I find the spongebob movie pretty funny for some reason. I mean sea sponge's drunk on ice cream ...!
#13 Posted by bwooduhs (1618 posts) -
addictedtopinescent said:
"I like wrestling games. 
Oh and I find the spongebob movie pretty funny for some reason. I mean sea sponge's drunk on ice cream ...!
"
Ohh i love that movie. How could anyone resist the Hof?
#14 Posted by Gio5py (9 posts) -

For some reason, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex has a fairly negative view on it. I think it is the greatest Crash game ever and also the last one before the 'decline'.

#15 Posted by LiquidPrince (16169 posts) -
Gizmo said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
I bought that game, got 1 minute into it, got really badly stuck and returned it."

How the hell do you get stuck in a game one minute in...?

#16 Posted by keyhunter (3207 posts) -

HALFLIFE 2

#17 Posted by Gio5py (9 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Gizmo said:
"Bulldog19892 said:
I bought that game, got 1 minute into it, got really badly stuck and returned it."

"
I understand what he means but obviously overexaggerating. I got stuck fairly early in it too. About 45 minutes I think.
#18 Posted by Llyr (52 posts) -

I love Auto Modellista.

#19 Posted by madsnake (21 posts) -

I like the first two Robocop movies, i mean the first was good but the second is pretty bad, still i always watch them when they pass on TV

About games, well i like Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 and WWE SvR 2008, and trust me that is a bad game.

#20 Posted by BigDo6 (166 posts) -
#21 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

#22 Posted by Tordah (2487 posts) -

Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes. Well, "love" is not the word I would use but I find it very amusing. Some Troma movies are pretty funny too like Toxic Avenger and Poultrygeist: Night Of The Chicken Dead.

I can't think of any really bad games that I enjoy more than I should.

#23 Posted by fraser (478 posts) -

John Carpenter's entire filmography

#24 Posted by h8smikemoore (155 posts) -

the mk movie, hackers, only the strong

all terrible movies, that i cant resist.

#25 Posted by TrulyAlive (905 posts) -
bwooduhs said:
"addictedtopinescent said:
"I like wrestling games. 
"
Ohh i love that movie. How could anyone resist the Hof?"
That's a trick question. No-one can resist the Hoff.
See in my mind, the most perfect movie of all time would be David Hasselhoff, William Shatner and Bruce Campbell all facing off against Hitler (naturally played by John Cusack)
That would be a movie so great, I'd have to kill myself after seeing it just so that I don't have to suffer anything sub-par to that ever again.
#26 Posted by LackLuster (748 posts) -

Red Dawn

#27 Posted by TekZero (2691 posts) -

Shadowrun for the 360.  I just can't get enough of it and it wasn't too well received by just about everyone.

Now it's a $5-$10 game and it's a steal.

#28 Posted by danhimself (79 posts) -
h8smikemoore said:
"the mk movie, hackers, only the strong

all terrible movies, that i cant resist."

dude me and my friends favorite movie of all time is hackers, its so freaking awesome and i also love the bill and ted movies
#29 Posted by Willy105 (4691 posts) -

LEGO Racers 2

#30 Posted by Crypto136 (118 posts) -
Arkthemaniac said:
"Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

yea me 2
#31 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

The Street Fighter movie. Oh yeah.
Maybe it's a stretch to say I love it, but it's bad in the baddest of ways. I do love that speech by Van Damme, though. That whole scene is some of the greatest five minutes in movie history.

#32 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

The Super Mario Bros. movie, and Kane and Lynch.

#33 Posted by lamegame621 (975 posts) -

Cube 2: Hypercube . Terrible movie, but I love it.

#34 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6392 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"The Street Fighter movie. Oh yeah.
Maybe it's a stretch to say I love it, but it's bad in the baddest of ways. I do love that speech by Van Damme, though. That whole scene is some of the greatest five minutes in movie history."

Raul Julia looked like he was having so much fun in that movie that it's infectious.  "For you, the day I came to your village and killed your parents was the pivotal point in your life.  For me... it was Tuesday."  Classic.

My personal favorites - John Carpenter's They Live, Vampires, and Escape from LA/New York (though New York truthfully wasn't a bad movie).  JCVD's The Quest - I actually really enjoy that movie, and not just in a post-modern so-ridiculous-it's-awesome sort of way.  I genuinely love it.  Hulk Hogan's Santa With Muscles, Mr. Nanny, and Suburban Commando are all enjoyable awful.  Along with the usual Bruce Campbell faves, I'm a huge fan of Alien Apocalypse.  What else, what else?  The From Dusk Till Dawn movies, definitely.

I have a deep fondness for what I call the Sci-Fi specials, the awful B-movies and spin-offs that Sci-Fi air all the time, especially their horror ones.  Movies like Dracula 3000, Pterodactyl, all of their post-apocalyptica, Yeti, and Sasquatch in particular.  If you catch any of those, Dracula 3000 is without a doubt one of the most spectacularly bad movies of all time.

Video-game wise: Suikoden IV gets a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed it.  I'm adoring the hell out of Last Remnant.
#35 Posted by TrulyAlive (905 posts) -
TheGreatGuero said:
"The Street Fighter movie. Oh yeah.
Maybe it's a stretch to say I love it, but it's bad in the baddest of ways. I do love that speech by Van Damme, though. That whole scene is some of the greatest five minutes in movie history."
I second that. Plus that bit at the end where Van Damme kicks Julia and they replay it from, like, 4 different angles. That was the last fucking epic action movie of that era.
Even if in the end it was a steaming pile of dogshit.
#36 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -

As far as movies:  Riddick and Mortal Kombat (was this considered good or bad?)
games: too many

#37 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

If you like a terrible movie/game/whatever, doesn't that make it stop being horrible as it's actually being entertaining.

#38 Posted by SmugDarkLoser (4619 posts) -
LiquidPrince said:
"Gizmo said:
"Bulldog19892 said:

"
And how do you get stuck in the matrix?  It's a rather straight forward game

Pretty good I must say. 
#39 Edited by Gameboi (653 posts) -

As far as movies go, anything with Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jean-Claude Van Damme, Sylvester Stallone,  or  Steven Seagal.

#40 Posted by TrulyAlive (905 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"If you like a terrible movie/game/whatever, doesn't that make it stop being horrible as it's actually being entertaining."
I thought the same thing a while back and came to the conclusion that just because you enjoy something doesn't make it a good example of [insert medium of art here].
So I tend to mean films that I know are made badly but still have an appeal to me.
For instance, Army of Darkness is not as good a movie as Evil Dead II, but it has more of an aesthetic appeal to me (mostly due to the absurd approach to the character of Ash becoming more and more of a charismatic hero archetype/parody)
#41 Posted by joey (987 posts) -
Roger_Klotz said:
"Jingle all the way."
Wait... that's not a terrible movie!!! Why is it on this list?
#42 Posted by Brandy (466 posts) -
TheGTAvaccine said:
"The Super Mario Bros. movie"
I'm with you there - surprised anyone else had the guts to say it. I actually like that movie quite a bit. Of course, I first saw it when I was a lot younger, so my opinion has been skewed ever since. Now, if I saw it for the first time today my opinion would probably be different.

Oh, I also liked the Doom movie, but that's mostly because I've always been in love with the Rock and Karl Urban, although even if those two weren't in it, I still probably would've liked it.
#43 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

Superman 64?... *gets shot*

#44 Posted by BiggerBomb (6944 posts) -
Crypto136 said:
"Arkthemaniac said:
"Monty Python and the Holy Grail."

yea me 2"

Except Monty Python and the Holy Grail isn't a bad movie....
#45 Posted by jakob187 (21757 posts) -

Um...I just saw Punisher War Zone...and I shouldn't like it.

However, I saw a guy doing a backflip off a rooftop and he was explodered by a rocket.

So it's full of crazy win.
#46 Edited by Champy (533 posts) -
keyhunter said:
"HALFLIFE 2"
and portal, legend of zelda twilight princess, oh, and assassin's creed. 
#47 Posted by Bellum (2944 posts) -
LackLuster said:
"Red Dawn"
That movie is fucking hilarious.
#48 Posted by fr33lanc3r (43 posts) -

The Super Mario Brothers Movie was so epically horrible it was amazing.