#1  Edited By Jonmad17
DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By DaveF

Yes please. I saw it last night and it was amazing. Best film I've seen this year, and one of my favourites ever. I found it engaging from beginning to end. Only things I didn't like were:

• The ending. After the whole section where The Joker gets captured, send Batman to the wrong place and then The Joker escapes, the ending was a bit flat.
  • Two-Face. Not as good as The Joker, and the effects on his face were so over the top - almost funny. I liked the way it showed how he became Two-Face, but once he turned bad, a little disappointing.
  • Bale's voice as Batman. Need I say more?
Overall though, very good, and I usually despise superhero movies.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By Funkyhamster

Is there any way to add spoiler tags?

Anyways, I thought the Dark Knight was amazing... it just blew me away. I expected to like it, but not this much.

Shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Shawn

The Dark Knight was the best movie of 2008, it seemed like every time I thought it was the last action sequence, they just kept coming back with more. Simply amazing, and this is coming from somebody who thought that Batman wasn't even a superhero because he didn't have any super powers.

sAviOr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By sAviOr

The Joker completely overshadowed everyone else. Heath Ledger FTW!

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stAtic

I'm going to see it with two friends this Friday.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Batman

Amazing movie.  My favorite scene is of The Joker leaving the hospital when he has a little trouble with the detonator.

Krypton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Krypton

I plan on seeing it on thursday :)

WhySoSerious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WhySoSerious

I enjoyed the movie, but Christian Bale's voice for Batman was too deep and hard to understand sometimes, other than that, the movie was excellent.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Saw it opening night and it was AMAZING, Heath easily is the best joker ever and christian bale is all ways the best batman sept that they write him to have way to deep of a voice.

Two face was a lil flat but only cause of the over the top CGI they did for his left face they should have toned it down a lil bit so as to be believeable, otherwise the movie was amazing, Though I have to hate heath now because he played such an amazing part, then died they can no longer use joker in a future batman movie.

Batman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Batman
WhySoSerious said:
"I enjoyed the movie, but Christian Bale's voice for Batman was too deep and hard to understand sometimes, other than that, the movie was excellent.
"
What!?!  You're supposed to read all of my posts in that voice!  :P
DaveF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DaveF

I liked how Two-Face looked better in the Batman with Tommy Lee Jones.

Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Locke

I've already seen it twice.

Nude_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14  Edited By Nude_Dude

Heath should get the Oscar.

KiLL3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By KiLL3r
WhySoSerious said:
"I enjoyed the movie, but Christian Bale's voice for Batman was too deep and hard to understand sometimes, other than that, the movie was excellent.
"
I totally agree, I was like wtf did he say when he first talked.  Heath did phenomenal job portraying the joker, he definitely outshined Christian Bale. It's simply the Best Batman yet.
orange_pork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By orange_pork

About four or five people in my theater went "Oh shit, Debo!" during the boat scene.

Jonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Jonathan

Amazing, amazing film. Nothing more needs to be said.

I'm the original poster, this is my new account name.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
denshuu said:
"About four or five people in my theater went "Oh shit, Debo!" during the boat scene.
"
lol yeah i was like??? isn't that zeus from the one hulk hogan movie? lol i knew he was debo too but i laughed that he allways plays such bit parts.
Funkyhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Funkyhamster

Yeah, the Two-Face effects were kind of lame... that was the movie's only flaw in my opinion though.

Darklyte510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Darklyte510
Funkyhamster said:
"Yeah, the Two-Face effects were kind of lame... that was the movie's only flaw in my opinion though.
"
I actually thought that I was pretty well done. I don't really know what more you could expect lol.
Hulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hulk

Hulk very impressed by this movie.  Hulk think Joker is best villain in any comic movie ever.  Hulk still SMASH him.

RebelLoyalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By RebelLoyalist

The Dark Knight blew me away, I saw it at the midnight release and I want to go see it again. Heath Ledger will most likely win an Oscar for this if he doesnt its rigged.

Canadian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Canadian

The movie was... wow
I've never wanted to see a movie every night of the week.
Buying this for bluray ASAP.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By teh_destroyer

Unlike some of you,I thought-two-face was really well done.His teeth were cgi of course,but the burnt part of his face was mostly make-up,and only a little cgi touch up on it,I respect it for htat reason.

Julian_jr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Julian_jr

Movie was awesome, I'm glad the Joker was played well. I was worried he wouldn't be.

Spiritof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 27

#26  Edited By Spiritof

Maybe the cheese has slipped off my cracker, but wasn't that Michael Jai "Spawn" White, as the gangster that The Joker shanks, early in the film?

Loved the movie. I thought it stumbled and fumbled during the last half hour, and ended with a thud, but the rest of it is near perfect.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By MetalGearSunny

The movie was amazing and when I saw the movie, the audience laughed at the Jokers' jokes.

mattside734

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By mattside734

Ha Ha i loved the part with the pencil the audicane made a big OH! when that happened it was pretty funney.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29  Edited By OGCartman

Seeing it tomorow!!

suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By suneku
teh_destroyer said:
"Unlike some of you,I thought-two-face was really well done.His teeth were cgi of course,but the burnt part of his face was mostly make-up,and only a little cgi touch up on it,I respect it for htat reason.
"
Two Face was perfect... especially if you think about the last time they had two face in a movie.... yeah it was the movie with bat nipples
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Blu_Magic

It's my favorite movie of all time. Heath pretty much stole the show though.

claysol13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#32  Edited By claysol13

he's not going to win an oscar for this.  Critics and all that stated on Friday that it was all hearsay and that bloggers were behind this oscar movement.  I for one, think other wise.  Also, there will be another joker, just you wait.  They can't kill of a character that was so important to the comic book.  They will replace him, but none will be as good .

BulletPulse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By BulletPulse

The movie was spectacular.Heath Ledger did a a fantastic job.

NWA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By NWA

god i loved that scene

Lies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 14

#35  Edited By Lies

Ledger played an AMAZING Joker in this film. What a great performance, really brought life to the Joker.

And yeah, I agree with the two face effects being kinda weak. I know that's what he looked like in the comic, with the twisted lip and all, but it just looked stupid in the movie. And the eye was like: "Really? That's the best you could do?". Aside from that though, I loved the movie.

Met2609

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By Met2609

The Dark Knight was probably the best movie theater experience I've ever had. I was at a crappy theater with the sound turned up way too loud, so calling that experience the best certainly says something about the movie. I sat in awe pretty much the whole time. I would safely call it the best movie I've seen this year. Just big moment after big moment, relentlessly moving toward the finale. Heath deserves the Oscar for sure.

The_Lord_Fagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By The_Lord_Fagan

Two-Face is definitely one of Nolan's most clever tricks. I thought Dent was a gimmick incarnate in the comic and on the animated series, but the nickname, the coin, and his motives got the "realism" clearcoat and I was most pleased with the results. Besides, Aaron Eckhart is normally a complete tool(case in point, Thank You for Smoking's tag-worthy line about being as good a talker as Manson was a killer even though Manson never killed anyone!) but this is easily his finest performance. Yes, the makeup takes a big step over the line of surreality, but I don't think I've seen that particular brand of, "Oh my, god..." gooeyness since the first two Hellraisers. Ultimately, his best, and downright savage, scenes late in the film are hard to appreciate in a full run-time since they're a sticky molten core of emotional intensity after two hours of...well, some already pretty brutal emotional intensity.

This next comment may draw the ire of the middleschool mind, but I think he should get an Oscar nod just as much as Ledger. Yet, I agree with claysol that Ledger won't get recognition conventional wisdom should afford him and, by extension, Eckhart will also remain awesome only because the casual moviegoer says so.

The Academy giving out awards to deserving parties. Why don't we all just throw up our arms and try to be decent men in an indecent time.

-Fagan out

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By fr0br0

I have a poster of the TC's picture of the Joker. Everynight I fall asleep staring into it. And everynight I have sweet dreams of teaming up with Heath Ledger and taking down the Batman. Last night was special however because we handed Batman a bomb. Batman started running through the city trying to find a safe place to place down the bomb. To the right there were nuns. To the left there were cutre little duckies. Batman could put the bomb nowhere and had no choice but to take the blunt of the blow, but it was just a fake bomb that said "boom" when it hit the fuse.
We then started to say "curses, foiled again" and ran away. Maybe tonight will finally be the night where we can take the Batman down.

phatkav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By phatkav

That movie was amazing. Completely destroys all the other superhero movies that came out in the last 2 years. And the Joker was just pure amazing. Heath deserves an Oscar or I call BS on the Oscar Awards.

scorch62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By scorch62

Omg, are you fucking serious? We can't have different threads than GS, can we? Someone PM on GS when GB is worth coming to.

For the love of fucking Pete! And you people don't want this to be called Gamespot 2!

Hyperesthesiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Hyperesthesiac

Yes, it was absolutely unbelievable. I can't wait to see it a second time.

Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zombie

When he slammed the guys head on the pencil the audience started clapping. It was just totally unexpected.
The movie was great but the ending was lacking something.

CodeHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By CodeHero

I've seen it twice, and I plan on going again. I think it's a fantastic movie. It does have it's problems but the rest is so good I can let those slide.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#44  Edited By ArcBorealis

The pencil trick scene. Only saw the lines to it on wikiquote.
I really wanna see that movie.

biggest_loser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45  Edited By biggest_loser

I wrote a review of it - check it out if you want.

Murpan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Murpan

The movie was great! Saw it Saturday and planning to see it again tomorrow.
Couple of OH moments, didn't see the pencil bit coming, and when Batman dropped a mob man off a balcony, leg snaps and everything.

Tanuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Tanuki

All I have to say is I'm speechless.  I don't know what to type, there are no words to describe how amazing this movie is, or how Heath Ledger did more than "nail" his character.  Not once in the 150 minutes of this movie did I say, "Wow, this dialog sucks" or "Was this scene really needed?"  like that awful "sex scene" in the Matrix Reloaded.

When The Joker preformed his magic trick I swear half the theatre was like, "holy shit" while the other half burst out laughing.  I couldn't believe how funny and violent that movie felt the whole time.  But Two-Face looked dumb.  They shoulda went more along the lines that Batman Forever did.  (I am ONLY referring to Two-faces face.  Batman Forever and Batman and Robin were garbage)  It would've looked better if he was really scarred up instead of this animated looking half skull thing.  Amazing movie though.  Amazing.
TimeWaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#48  Edited By TimeWaffle

i saw it at a midnight showing and It has to be the best comic movie ever i was so impressed how they were able to transport the joker and two-face and make them seem like they could actaully happen

Antibiotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Antibiotic

It's in the top 3 of my favorite movies of all time, I apologies to all the hardcore movie fans who would consider that a travesty. Interrogation scene is probably my favorite.

Shocker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Shocker

That part was hilarious! What a great movie.