gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

@NTM said:

@Gamer_152: Synthia, a staff member there contacted me and told me she'd take care of the problem since she saw what he was doing. It truly bothered me for a little while, and then I became level headed again.

It sucks that happened in the first place, but I'm glad it worked out for you.

Lind_L_Taylor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By Lind_L_Taylor

I can't believe this is even an issue. LOL.  You actually get mad over anonymous strangers 
posting smack?  Seriously.  I've been hammered several times for my columnar posts & 
I don't give a shit what others think about it.  Just impart your kernel of wisdom & back 
away from temper tantrums.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By NTM

@iam3green: Maybe, it doesn't really happen too often for me. The only time it's happened, wasn't really someone that was trolling, but more like they were in a serious disagreement with me and being stubborn about it. I hate when that happens. I tried to tell someone something, being helpful, but then the person said "No, I'm not asking you, I'm asking someone that actually knows." And it was really condescending. I think he was just pissed that he didn't get a reaction from a staff member there. That's another story though.

@laserbolts: Ha ha, I pretty much knew that, but I had to make sure. You made it clear with your second sentence.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By NTM

@Lind_L_Taylor: I rarely do, and the problem wasn't so much the fact that he was bugging me, it was the fact that he was doing it in general. Bullying, and that's pretty much what it was, isn't acceptable, in person, or on the internet.

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Lord_Xp

Trolls are always among us. But I for some reason get very angry really fast on just about everything. That's why I try to limit how often I post and how legitimate of a post that I make. And of course try to never spell anything wrong because dear god you have a water tight argument and you have one spelling error, you're immediately worthless and your argument means nothing.

DaMaJaDiZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By DaMaJaDiZ

I've had a couple of incidents when I've posted comments only to get bum rushed by trolls laying in wait. I've mostly managed to respond in a measured tone, but even a response gives them a win. For a time, it really turned me off to ever participating in conversation in most forums. It's really why it took me this long to attempt to mingle on this site, and I've been hanging around forever. I've just been burned in other places often enough. It's a shame that it bothers me. And I see it happening to people who are perfectly friendly, and just want to participate. Anything that would bring your participation in a conversation to a grinding halt is not worth an effort. Ignoring these comments is generally the best way around them. If trolls were ignored universally, they'd simply up their game, or disappear.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By habster3

Yeah, I've had my fair share of troll encounters. As everyone else has said, just ignore them.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By NTM

@Lord_Xp: Let me find it and fix it, I hate when that happens.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By NTM

@Lord_Xp: I don't have anything misspelled, then again, I'm assuming you may be talking about something else.

@DaMaJaDiZ: Not going to happen. I would defend someone else, so I'd defend myself as well. I don't get too much into it though when it's someone opposing me.

izzygraze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By izzygraze

I've never had anyone follow me or at least that I can remember. There was a guy in Monday night combat kept on yelling at me for sucking or using a character the wrong way. I joined another game afterwards and he was there. He called me names when I entered the room. I did the same back. Anyways we were on the same team and ended up winning that game. I rubbed his face in it. Not how I would do things in a forum though.

I generally ignore the comment or just respond with a "right..." or "good for you".

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By NTM

@IzzyGraze: Right... Good for you. :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

So is it true that trolls turn to stone when they are exposed to sunlight?

Lord_Xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Lord_Xp

no i meant it as a way trolls come after people if they have no solid argument. Nothing against you.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By NTM

@Lord_Xp: I know, I realized that after I re-read it.

project343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#65  Edited By project343

I got in a bit of a fight with some bigots over at Gamespot.

Never commenting again.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By jerseyscum

Trolling is more damaging to people's self-esteem than you think. Seriously guys, think before you post and have some sensitivity to other people's feelings.

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By WickedFather

@bartok said:

No, but they get a boner when they watch Twilight.

I've no idea what I did there.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#68  Edited By zeforgotten
@WickedFather said:

@bartok said:

No, but they get a boner when they watch Twilight.

I've no idea what I did there.

Spreading truth about bullies? 
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By NTM

@jerseyscum said:

Trolling is more damaging to people's self-esteem than you think. Seriously guys, think before you post and have some sensitivity to other people's feelings.

Ha ha, sorry, that was crap. What was that?

WickedFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By WickedFather

@NTM said:

@jerseyscum said:

Ha ha, sorry, that was crap. What was that?

She went on one of those family history sites and found out once of her ancestors was... Welsh.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By jerseyscum

@NTM: A terrible ABC family movie called Cyberbully.

FrankieSpankie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By FrankieSpankie

I never really had to deal with trolls, I just ignore them when I see them. They're just trying to piss you off and get the attention, why play their game? It's like when you're at work and a customer is yelling at you just to piss you off. What should you do? Just smile at them because nobody will tell you you're doing wrong and it pisses them off even more!

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Sooty

I counter all of this by never going into my inbox unless it's a direct message, I rarely go back to anywhere I've posted in.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ShockD
@NTM: Report the bastard to the fascist GS mods for trolling is the best lesson you can give him. If you report multiple messages you can even get him suspended for a while.
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By NTM

@jerseyscum: Oh yeah, I've heard of it.

Twisted_Scot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#77  Edited By Twisted_Scot

The best way I find to handle people like this is to remain calm and use facts, logic and a well informed counter argument to back them into a corner.....then use a crowbar for the rest.

InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By InternetCrab

1. Don't feed the trolls.

2. We don't go to Gamespot.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#79  Edited By Little_Socrates

I haven't personally had this problem since I was 13 or 14 years old using GaiaOnline.

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#80  Edited By morkaithewolf

@Little_Socrates said:

I haven't personally had this problem since I was 13 or 14 years old using GaiaOnline.

Same with the above post (even down to the website 0.o ). Back then it was just a few trolls who followed all my posts ad continually posted negative things. Simply reported them and move on, trying not to let them get to me but I see what you're saying when it makes you annoyed at the simple fact of it happening. It's an unfortunate side effect of more people enjoying the anonymity they have online and how much they can get away with. The more you ignore the trolls, the better you are.

Avatar image for little_socrates
Little_Socrates

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

#81  Edited By Little_Socrates

@MorkaiTheWolf: Hey, those of us who used GaiaOnline probably all had that problem and probably used it around when we were 13 or 14.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

You could flag the guy's comments when they are rude.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Jack268

Yeah, people do it all the time because I dislike Journey and Uncharted because I think what little gameplay they have has already been outdone by many other games and also the fact that I think RE6 is far from the 2/5 people like to pretend it is.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By NTM

@Jack268: I haven't played Journey. I like Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and the third one, but I never could get into the second which was weird considering it's almost basically the same as the other two, but the shooting for some reason didn't pack a punch one bit, so it bored me, and Resident Evil 6 is a great game, no more, no less.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By teh_destroyer

An option to ignore those nasty trolls is just to hit that x button in the upper right hand corner.

Sooty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#86  Edited By Sooty

@NTM said:

@Jack268: and Resident Evil 6 is a great game, no more, no less.

I don't know if this is a troll post or not.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Jack268
@Sooty said:

@NTM said:

You haven't even played the game. 
AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By AlexanderSheen

It only happened once when a guy PM'd me and called me a "Sackhugger GB apologist fangirl" but that's about it. I'm actually suprised that I only got one of this kind of message.

Oh yeah, there was this dude, @MrNeoshredder (God bless you) in the Duke Nukem Forever: The Doctor Who Cloned Me comments, that was a good one. Sadly his comments were deleted afterwards.

medacris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By medacris

I think this tends to happen when someone posts their opinion online about something, just as a general statement, and someone who believes the opposite takes it very personally and tries to make the original poster feel bad about their opinion, even when it wasn't directed at them. I think it's a weird form of inverted egotism or something, the belief that a lot of people know of and hate you and that you have the right to feel targeted, when in reality the person doesn't know you and doesn't have anything against you, and their original post wasn't even about you.

Either that or they're a really pathetic person who can only be made happy by the misery of other people, which is something I've never understood. That kind of stuff doesn't make me happy.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By NTM

@Sursh said:

@NTM said:

Or, I don't know if that's the correct word, but I was wondering, has anyone else here posted on sites in good nature, and yet someone, an individual, has posted repeatedly negative comments toward you? I'm having this dilemma over at GameSpot, and it's really fucking annoying. I'm almost always in a good mood, and it takes a lot to get me angry or even annoyed when it comes to replying to someone on the internet, but this guy seems to go to the extreme. First I post on a blog about RE6, then he kept talking shit, and then he just recently came back with an off-topic "o geeze u still around are you? Why don't u just watch it and shut your trash" on the Halo Live stream they had going over there. Like I said, it takes a lot to get me mad, and I often don't ever resort to swearing at a person or even being combative -- I guess you can say -- towards anyone, but man. Has anyone else here had this happen? It's really bothering me when all I ever try to do is ask or comment in good nature. It ruins my often perfectly good mood. Sorry if any of this seems jumbled, I'm kind of frustrated. I was really happy and excited, but then out comes the "troll" and it caught me by surprise. I hope this is OK enough to discuss and not worth locking. Alright, bye now.

i don't know what to tell you, other then "welcome to the internet". i would also like to use that same line on the trolls, "trolling" is non existent pride and elitism, the nature of a troll consists of flaming and releasing a slew of curse words. anyone whose been on the internet before the troll outbreak know's that they're nothing but a joke.

but on the other hand there's cynicism and 'cold attitudes', that maybe something you will have to get used to. it's a common trait of forum dwellers or internet veterans. it's arrogance at it's best, but it's well earned and it's as real to a text interaction as you'll get in contrast to all this emoticon abbreviation bullshit, which is just a compensation to the lack of personality and wit people contain.

good luck with this idiot, and if he keeps really 'getting' to you, then forums may not be your forte.

This is old, and I'm pretty sure he's been banned. Also, the "welcome to the internet" doesn't really apply to a lot of people I'm sure, ha ha.

@Jack268 said:

@Sooty said:

@NTM said:

You haven't even played the game.

It's not a troll post, why would I do that on my own thread? Actually, I know you're just saying the game's dumb and that I'm wrong, so you should have just said such a thing without the common hiding under other words; next time, and this goes for everyone, just make it clear of what you're trying to say, you should have to have people respond to something else that's little bearing of what you actually mean. Resident Evil 6, to me, is truly a great game, and to say it's factually bad is wrong. At lowest, if we're talking score, it should be a six or three stars; then again, not every system works the same, so I can't say that. There's actually, since RE6, been a lot of talk from critics on how games are reviewed, because there hasn't been a good census on things recently. And Jack, are you talking to him? I think you are.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By NTM

@Sursh: Oh, and I want to reiterate, for the final time hopefully, that people don't get to me online, or in this case, very, very rarely.

@medacris: He wasn't really disagreeing with me, he basically just mocked me at first, and it was just really random. Then, since it didn't seem he could type out sentences correctly, I had no idea what he was going on about, so he mocked me more. I thought it was a little ridiculous and funny. Then he commented on one of my other comments, and that's all; long story short. It was annoying.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#92  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Sooty said:

@NTM said:

If it is, it's a Jay444111 post: no intention of trolling, but the effect is still there.

Jack268

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Jack268
@NTM: Yeah, I was talking to him.