Twitter WTF !!!

SolidOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

Edited By SolidOcelot

WTF, is with Twitter i mean seriously, its just a glorified status update, how come it seems to be the biggest source of information on anything games, movies, etc.
Now the 360 is gonna get Twitter support, come on people, I am taking it upon myself to start a revolution, to stop using twitter as a way to announce games or features in games. If they are trying to reach their audience by using something that us "kids" are into. Uhhhh it just pisses me off.

SolidOcelot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1  Edited By SolidOcelot

WTF, is with Twitter i mean seriously, its just a glorified status update, how come it seems to be the biggest source of information on anything games, movies, etc.
Now the 360 is gonna get Twitter support, come on people, I am taking it upon myself to start a revolution, to stop using twitter as a way to announce games or features in games. If they are trying to reach their audience by using something that us "kids" are into. Uhhhh it just pisses me off.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By RetroIce4

Twitter will fall in popularity and the community will maybe diminish. (I don't know why its so popular. Its like a facebook thats a blog...)

vidiot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Diamond

With the way Major Nelson talks about twitter on his podcast they must all be huge twitter fanboys at MS...

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By trophyhunter

also they treat it like this brand new fancy thing twitter has been around for years just for some reason it popular this year

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Stephen_Von_Cloud

I hate twitter and facebook and all of it.  It's not a way to connect to reality for people, it's like some weird, alternate reality where you spy and are so concerned with the things in this reality that you get all caught up in it.  I go to parties now and people are taking those lame, staged pictures looking up at the camera all the time.  Shouldn't you be trying to socialize and have a good time instead of trying to make yourself look like you're having a good time?  Why does everything have to recorded?  WHO ARE YOU RECORDING IT FOR!?

God, I don't like where society is going.  It's depressing.  I might just go read Brave New World, stock the bombshelter, and curl up in a ball.

Ineedaname

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By Ineedaname

Cannot help but agree.

fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By fr0br0

Because The_Real_Fucking_Shaq uses it.

/case

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Black_Rose

Twitter is shitty, basically Facebook with less depth...if that's even possible

I mean...what's next? A blank screen that everyone on earth can sign in to. A site that requires zero effort but makes everyone feel important just by signing up.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#10  Edited By natetodamax
@trophyhunter said:
" also they treat it like this brand new fancy thing twitter has been around for years just for some reason it popular this year "
It was created in 2006. That doesn't really qualify as being around for years.
Hitchenson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hitchenson

I hate the Failbook craze more... fucking Failbook.

trophyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By trophyhunter
@natetodamax said:
"
@trophyhunter said:
" also they treat it like this brand new fancy thing twitter has been around for years just for some reason it popular this year "
It was created in 2006. That doesn't really qualify as being around for years. "

more than one year qualifies it enough for me

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#13  Edited By natetodamax
@trophyhunter said:
"
@natetodamax said:
"
@trophyhunter said:
It was created in 2006. That doesn't really qualify as being around for years. "

more than one year qualifies it enough for me
"

WELL OKAY THEN

Naro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By Naro

Twitter is pretty fascinating. Bloggers used to say back then that the future of blogging was videoblogging and audioblogging, Twitter just came with a simpler idea that seemed to appeal for everyone. Maybe you're not intresting/intelligent enough to write a full blog post about a given subject but answering "What are you doing?" in 140 characters is something that everyone can do.

Plasma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By Plasma

Calm down, not everyone uses Giantbomb forums to talk.

SOME PEOPLE, use facebook and twitter to talk to people they WANT to communicate to.

If they want to do it, and Microsoft is allowing them, who are you to complain?

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By lordofultima

Twitter is easy as hell to update followers with little blurbs, and you can do it from pretty much anywhere. A lot of people have things to do, I know it's crazy. Furthermore, the purpose of gigantic blogs is diminishing (at least for me), since I find I don't read any of them. Twitter is just a neat network that works with a lot of devices.

PowerSerj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By PowerSerj

Me be using it for some microcasts. About it, basically.