• 87 results
#1 Posted by SeattleSupersonics (12 posts) -

What are some good videogame sound clips for text messege?  The ones I have are Navi from Legend of Zelda saying, "Hey, Listen", the Metal Gear codec, Hadouken, and Falcon Punch. 

#2 Posted by BrickRoad (704 posts) -

My text message ring tone is Capcoms 16bit jingle. Street Fighter II, Snes Edition.

#3 Posted by Captain_Insano (1565 posts) -

'I've got balls of steel' - duke nukem and any duke nukem quotes

#4 Posted by Suicrat (3764 posts) -

The logbook scan sound effect from Metroid Prime 1. (In 2 and 3, it's a lady's voice.)

#5 Posted by Gruff182 (876 posts) -

I have Worms "Incoming! -bomb dropping - Mehehhe" 

Perfect for recieving a text.

#6 Posted by Skillface (566 posts) -

The Zelda "you-solved-a-puzzle" jingle

#7 Posted by SeattleSupersonics (12 posts) -
@Skillface: lol I just remembered about those, Zelda games have the best sounds for text message tones like the item get sound
#8 Posted by baba2 (275 posts) -

The victory theme from Final Fantasy VII is perfect for it. It's what I use. :)

#9 Posted by AgentJ (8778 posts) -

Your avatar makes me sad...

#10 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

'Hey listen!' 

#11 Posted by MrGetBonus (784 posts) -

I used to have a small sound clip of when you walk through the grass and run into a wild pokemans. Don't know where it went though.

#12 Posted by damnboyadvance (4061 posts) -

Maybe Mario?

#13 Posted by CSXLoser (582 posts) -

Sending " Wrex"

Receiving " Shepherd"

#14 Posted by torus (1097 posts) -

The "you saved a fellow survivor" sound from Left 4 Dead.

#15 Posted by MeatXbeatsXman (238 posts) -

I use FFVII's "Gold Saucer".

#16 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare, Metal Gear Codec and Super Mario Land, the first song (Birabuto Kingdom I think it's called). I don't know why I bother though since I always put my phone on silent. Been like that for years.

#17 Posted by Ninja (539 posts) -
@eroticfishcake said:
" Final Fantasy Victory Fanfare, Metal Gear Codec and Super Mario Land, the first song (Birabuto Kingdom I think it's called). I don't know why I bother though since I always put my phone on silent. Been like that for years. "
Yup got to be the metal gear codec!
#18 Posted by shaun832 (363 posts) -

The 'Item Get' tune from The Legend of Zelda was one that I wanted on my phone.

#19 Posted by WinterSnowblind (7617 posts) -

I have the GTA IV mission complete tune on mine.
I also have the famous Command & Conquer "Welcome back Commander" when I turn my phone on.

I've got some strange looks for that one before.

#20 Posted by Xolare (1285 posts) -

!

From Metal Gear.

#21 Posted by Shazam (474 posts) -

I used to have Green Hill Zone music from Sonic The Hedgehog as my ring tone. I almost never answered my phone, that song was too damn good. It immediately made me feel 4 years old again and ridiculously happy. I might just try and get the Metal Gear codec as my ring tone though ..    

#22 Posted by Branthog (5597 posts) -

I hate ringtones. I like my phone to *gasp* fucking ring.

#23 Posted by Shazam (474 posts) -
@Branthog said:
" I hate ringtones. I like my phone to *gasp* fucking ring. "
Judging from your sunny attitude, I'd say people ring you all the time. A music clip and a ringing tone have the same effect so why would you give a shit ?
#24 Posted by Branthog (5597 posts) -
@Shazam said:
" @Branthog said:
Judging from your sunny attitude, I'd say people ring you all the time. A music clip and a ringing tone have the same effect so why would you give a shit ? "
Because when a phone rings, everyone around you knows it's a phone, too. When music starts blaring out of my crotch, they have no clue if I'm getting a call or have really melodic herpes.
#25 Posted by MrSnow (1213 posts) -

I dont have it but i would like the sound of me chainsawing a imp in Doom 1.

#26 Posted by LeoMinor (261 posts) -

I know someone who used the 'SEGA!' sound from the old Sonic games.  Right now I can't decide between a Metal Gear or a Zelda sound.  Maybe I'll go with the Metroid 'Item Fanfare', I don't know.

#27 Posted by EpicSteve (6499 posts) -

"Regan said Fuck You" 

-Rouge Warrior

#28 Posted by Brackynews (4094 posts) -

AWH, C'MONN!!

#29 Posted by Elazul (1327 posts) -
@Suicrat said:
" The logbook scan sound effect from Metroid Prime 1. (In 2 and 3, it's a lady's voice.) "
Ohh, that's a good one. I've been thinking about changing mine to Jeff shouting "mother fucker!", but I haven't done it yet.
#30 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

The Super Mario jingle before going into the 1-2 level.
Marcus or Dom saying "Shit yeah!"
"We're Oscar Mike!"
Hadoken from Street Fighter 2

#31 Posted by Azteck (7449 posts) -

Been thinking about sampling the coin sound from the Mario games for that purpose.

#32 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2537 posts) -

Currently I have the No More Heroes Energize sound... it's basically the perfect text tone... 

#33 Posted by Cwaff (1260 posts) -

I'm hoping to find a way of changing my low battery and full charged sounds to the heavy saying "Charge me" and the Medic saying "I am fully charged".

#34 Edited by melcene (3034 posts) -

I like my phone to fucking vibrate.  

No, really though, I hate to be that person at work who actually has their ringer on and is receiving calls at work.
#35 Posted by SaFt (390 posts) -

Incoming codec call from MGS.

#36 Posted by devotfeige (117 posts) -

I grabbed the sound file of the cell phone ring off of the Persona 4 game disc for my phone, texts and calls.

I always have it set to vibrate, though, so I'm not sure what the point is. Unless I'm at home and know a friend is going to call, and then I'll turn it on just for funsies (they know it's set to that, and will respond appropriately when I pick up).

#37 Edited by Vigorousjammer (2537 posts) -
@melcene said:

"I hate to be that person at work who actually has their ringer on and is receiving calls at work. "

I want to get a job where it's okay to use your phone at work... like, say, a video game reviewer?

unfortunately, that dream is pretty much never going to be fulfilled.
#38 Posted by TheHBK (5563 posts) -

"Shit Yeah!" from Gears of War from the active reload. 

#39 Posted by confinedbread (98 posts) -

I have the portal gun sound effect, but I mainly use the CTU ringtone from 24

#40 Edited by valrog (3648 posts) -
#41 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

The mario money box hit.

#42 Posted by TehFlan (1928 posts) -

The S-Link rank up noise from Persona 4.

#43 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Tim Kitzrow saying SuperSonics! in NBA Jam

#44 Posted by Village_Guy (2665 posts) -

Bloody Screen - So real! from Duty Calls

#45 Posted by Boomon (1 posts) -

I just started fooling around with this.

I probably won't hear it much, but I set it to Proto Man's jingle, from the original Mega Man series.

#46 Posted by medacris (674 posts) -

Any "Incoming!" soundclip from a first-person shooter might work. I had mine set to "Let's go practice medicine" from "Meet The Medic", which was...awkward when it went off in class once.

I might download the "Energize" clip and use that, too- I do have a Travis Touchdown-esque red leather jacket...

#47 Posted by Clinkz (1118 posts) -

@SeattleSupersonics said:

What are some good videogame sound clips for text messege? The ones I have are Navi from Legend of Zelda saying, "Hey, Listen", the Metal Gear codec, Hadouken, and Falcon Punch.

I actually here the "hey listen" a ton. I heard a guy have Navi saying "hello!" and it was so cool.

#48 Edited by Djratchet (669 posts) -

Saints Row The Third Ringtone. As it sounds in game (like it is on a cellphone speaker) for texts, the cleaner menu version for calls.

I used to use the Pi Pi Pi from Persona 4, and I have also used Vincent's ringtone from Catherine as well.

#49 Edited by myketuna (1758 posts) -

For twitter updates, I have the "Item Received/Got Item" hit from Flashback (SNES version). I really like it.

For texts, I have the Konami jingle from TMNT IV: Turtles in Time (though I'm sure it's the same in every other Konami SNES game)

#50 Edited by AncientMecha (103 posts) -

Old arcade coin-insert sounds are fantastic. I'm using the one from Galaga right now for SMS messages, and Robo's beep-boops for general Android notifications (Get it?! Oh man, that is so funny, isn't it?!)

Here. I've made a zip of everything I currently have on my phone. Tons of Chrono Trigger and Persona 4 (I was a fan BEFORE the Endurance Runs made them cool, man!). Some Street Fighter II sounds I have are either too loud and clippy, or too quiet.

I prefer short, snappy tones, and a lot of these I've never used, but uploaded to my phone for the hell of it. I used the Persona 4 stat-increase sound for well over a year.

I was thinking maybe we could set up a repository of these, to make one big-ass zip of good alert sounds?

TL;DR - HERE IS A ZIP OF A FEW DOZEN VIDEO GAME SOUND EFFECTS. HAVE FUN.

http://www.mediafire.com/?xndxutudegrujba