• 66 results
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By CornontheCobbe

I was contemplating on whether or not i should possibly get a tattoo. I have been thinking about it for a while, but it would be just on my arm and nothing (too) big. Don't really have an idea on what sort of design.

I know that some people would regret getting one when they are older, as they tend to be a bit hideous or start to dis-colour. I am a bit apprehensive.

Does any one in the Community already have one (and what is the design), or think they would be worth getting? Or would it be something you might regret in years to come.

Thanks! : )

emkeighcameron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By emkeighcameron

Not a fan.

Look like shit when you're older.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@emkeighcameron said:
" Not a fan.  Look like shit when you're older. "
Thats all i needed to hear. Thanks : )
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By natetodamax

HIV

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Fallen189

I have several, and they're brilliant fun. Also, who cares about what they look like when you're older? You're only going to die anyway.

@natetodamax said:

" HIV "

What?
CSXLoser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By CSXLoser
@Fallen189 said:
" I have several, and they're brilliant fun. Also, who cares about what they look like when you're older? You're only going to die anyway.

@natetodamax said:
" HIV "
What? "
dirty/used needles can spread HIV right?
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Coombs

Lots of them are really good,
But others.... not so much 
Of course it's all a matter of taste

Is this one of the good? Or the bad?
 Is this one of the good? Or the bad?
Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@natetodamax said:

" HIV "

You are not making any sense.

Unless you're talking about getting tattooed in the back alley behind the bowling alley and Joe's Diner by the guy with the wonky eye, grills on only half of his teeth and smells like tomato basil apple sauce.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#9  Edited By natetodamax
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:
" HIV "
You are not making any sense.  Unless you're talking about getting tattooed in the back alley behind the bowling alley and Joe's Diner. "
I lol'd
PenguinDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By PenguinDoctor

There's no such thing as a good tattoo.  Just save yourself the pain and go eat a hot dog, you'll be much happier.
Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fallen189
@CSXLoser said:
" @Fallen189 said:
" I have several, and they're brilliant fun. Also, who cares about what they look like when you're older? You're only going to die anyway.

@natetodamax said:
" HIV "
What? "
dirty/used needles can spread HIV right? "
They sterlise daily. If you pick a bad place to go to, you get bad service. It's the same as anything.
CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@Fallen189: Thanks for the insight man. Were the ones you got fairly expensive? On your arms I'm assuming?
therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By therabidfrog

I have three, and two of them are large and difficult to cover up. I got them because I was being purely impulsive and selfish. Tattoos are an idiotic low class trend, and laser removal clinics are going to make a fortune in a couple of decades. Do this: Watch a marathon of Miami Ink and you'll realize that every one, literally every one is getting tattoos. It's just a trend only a very expensive one to take back. Not to mention nearly every one gets the same tattoos. Ask yourself why you want one, and if you can come up with a serious intellectual justification, and one that goes beyond just "I want this because I think the idea is cool at the moment", and decide how it can better your life then consider it, but you won't because there is no valid justification. 

If you have to say to yourself "Well I can always get them removed" Then there was no reason to get one in the first place, and you're an idiot (I'm not saying that you are I'm just saying in general). If that doesn't do it then read this very carefully because this is the worst part about having tattoos (especially having ones that are different from what people typically get like mine): You will be constantly approached by strangers who want to ask you about your tattoo. There will be no end to the tattoo conversations and it gets tedious very quickly.

And if you say to yourself "Well I just get one on my chest or arm or other place where people can't see" then you're five times the idiot because what was the point in the first place? Again not saying you're dumb. A lot of people want them and I fell for it so I'm no better, but take it from some one who has three: Do not do it! It's just a trend like Kid and Plays backwards pants only these pants you can never turn the right way.

Stray

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Stray

For a tattoo to remain relevant in the future, it's important to get ones that really mean something to you. My first was a family crest. I've got 6 more since then and never regretted for a day getting any of them. And I've had mine for 18 years. They just become part of who you are. I strongly advise not to get one for the sake of getting one. Although special inks can be used these days that dissolve out of the skin quite easily as compared to the old days.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@therabidfrog: Thanks for the reply. Very good insight into all of this. I see very much where you are coming from.  Did you follow the trend because others were also getting them yourself? Or was it out of pure interest. I don't know if i would call it selfishness, but impulsive a bit, surely haha. That's what i am a bit.

I'm a bit stuck in the middle here, and my mind is weighing out all the pro's and con's!
Disengage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By Disengage

Bowser on a surfboard with a double neck guitar.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fallen189
@CornontheCobbe said:

" @Fallen189: Thanks for the insight man. Were the ones you got fairly expensive? On your arms I'm assuming? "

I had a piece done a while ago that goes from my upper arm, across my shoulder and onto my back. Expensive is a relative term, I suppose. If what you're getting is important, can you really put a price on it? I used a very high quality establishment when I had mine done, so they were around £100 per 2 hour session. If you're just having it done for something to the effect of a passing fad, or you want like, a flower on your leg because it's cute, or a dragon because it's cool, it's probably better to evaluate why you're doing it. If it's something that means something to you, go for it.

You only live once.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#18  Edited By Whisperkill

I like em, not that I would cover my body in them, but I can appreciate the art  and meaning of a good tattoo.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#19  Edited By citizenkane

I don't care much for them.

CowMuffins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By CowMuffins

I love tacos.

W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers

I don't

jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jkz
@TheMustacheHero said:

" @natetodamax said:

" HIV "

You are not making any sense.  Unless you're talking about getting tattooed in the back alley behind the bowling alley and Joe's Diner by the guy with the wonky eye, grills on only half of his teeth and smells like tomato basil apple sauce. "
Ewww.....where'd the basil come from? 

As for tattoos, they look ridiculous on white guys, sorry.
RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By RetroIce4

They're alright, but it really depends on what they are. Some are just stupid but some actually have meaning to them. I fine with them as long as they're small and easily concealed by
clothing.

CornontheCobbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By CornontheCobbe
@Abram03 said:
" Tattoos look ugly and they attract attention.  If you have to have one, don't put it on your neck or face.  "
Haha, i wasn't planning on getting one on my face anyways. Thanks for the insight! And Welcome to the site!
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@jukezypoo said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:

" @natetodamax said:

" HIV "

You are not making any sense.  Unless you're talking about getting tattooed in the back alley behind the bowling alley and Joe's Diner by the guy with the wonky eye, grills on only half of his teeth and smells like tomato basil apple sauce. "
Ewww.....where'd the basil come from?  As for tattoos, they look ridiculous on white guys, sorry. "
The guy grows basil leaves on his stomach.

Anyways, tattoos look more ridiculous on Black guys because you can't see them well (not trying to be racist here, just fact.)
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Pibo47

I already have one tattoo. I have a pic of it on my profile, im going to get some more when i get the time and plenty of extra cash. Im just saving up a lil bit right now.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#27  Edited By sjschmidt93

Stupid and Gross? Yeah, that's it.  

If I see a girl with a tatoo... fuck no! Same goes for piercings, other than belly button ones.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By CL60
@jukezypoo said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:

" @natetodamax said:

" HIV "

Ewww.....where'd the basil come from?  As for tattoos, they look ridiculous on white guys, sorry. "
Racist.
Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Coombs
@Disengage said:
" Bowser on a surfboard with a double neck guitar. "
FOR THE WIN

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo

I plan to get my whole upper body done...

Metroid545

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31  Edited By Metroid545
@TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:

" HIV "

you got a tattoo from old ned too?
Avatar image for suicidal_sniper
Suicidal_SNiper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Suicidal_SNiper
@emkeighcameron said:
" Not a fan.  Look like shit when you're older. "
I'd say for the most part this is true. But if it's just something small but meaningful doesn't look bad with age, like your family crest, birthdate in roman numerals, ect. But if you're going to get a full out tribal tattoo you're just going to look like a fool when you're older. My grand father has a small one of 3 birds flying. I forgot what it's meant to represent but it still looks good, slightly discolored but that's it.
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By TheMustacheHero
@Metroid545 said:
" @TheMustacheHero said:
" @natetodamax said:

" HIV "

you got a tattoo from old ned too? "
No, my friend did though. That's how he became a brother of the Bloods.
therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By therabidfrog
@CornontheCobbe said:

" @therabidfrog: Thanks for the reply. Very good insight into all of this. I see very much where you are coming from.  Did you follow the trend because others were also getting them yourself? Or was it out of pure interest. I don't know if i would call it selfishness, but impulsive a bit, surely haha. That's what i am a bit. I'm a bit stuck in the middle here, and my mind is weighing out all the pro's and con's! "

I did it because I thought I was clever, and I wanted to make my F you statement to the world, but after I got a bit older it occurred to me just how shallow and meaningless things like this are. It's anti-creative. I would say that there is a certain bit of selfishness in the decision because you don't know how getting a tattoo can limit your options and how that can hurt the people around you. What if your friends or family need support and a tattoo keeps you from getting a job. Maybe that seems extreme, but it really isn't. 

The simple fact is if I wanted to get mine removed it would possibly more than 10 grand and would take removal sessions spanning more than 6 months. Do you really think the momentary feeling of "oh I'm so clever" is worth all that? Hell I don't think I spent more than a grand for all three together. Now I would have to spend almost 10 times that to get them removed. Just tell me what the value of being impulsive is? Even if it's some kind of symbolic gesture to your family or ancestors why not manifest that respect in a meaningful gesture? Love the people around you, and create things with your hands. Christ save the money, buy a cheap guitar, and learn to play it. Then you can express yourself for life.

@Coombs

said: 

" @Disengage said:

" Bowser on a surfboard with a double neck guitar. "

"
Got the idea from a TV show. Epic Fail! Poser.
Geno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35  Edited By Geno

Tattoos look good on good looking people.  

Tattoo on old biker dude = no.  
Tattoo on Kat von D = yes. 

Coombs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Coombs
@therabidfrog: 
I agree, But just to clarify that is not me lol
PenguinDoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PenguinDoctor
@CowMuffins said:
"I love tacos. "

Everybody loves tacos.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#38  Edited By Symphony
@therabidfrog said:
" I have three, and two of them are large and difficult to cover up. I got them because I was being purely impulsive and selfish. Tattoos are an idiotic low class trend, and laser removal clinics are going to make a fortune in a couple of decades. Do this: Watch a marathon of Miami Ink and you'll realize that every one, literally every one is getting tattoos. It's just a trend only a very expensive one to take back. Not to mention nearly every one gets the same tattoos. Ask yourself why you want one, and if you can come up with a serious intellectual justification, and one that goes beyond just "I want this because I think the idea is cool at the moment", and decide how it can better your life then consider it, but you won't because there is no valid justification.   If you have to say to yourself "Well I can always get them removed" Then there was no reason to get one in the first place, and you're an idiot (I'm not saying that you are I'm just saying in general). If that doesn't do it then read this very carefully because this is the worst part about having tattoos (especially having ones that are different from what people typically get like mine): You will be constantly approached by strangers who want to ask you about your tattoo. There will be no end to the tattoo conversations and it gets tedious very quickly.  And if you say to yourself "Well I just get one on my chest or arm or other place where people can't see" then you're five times the idiot because what was the point in the first place? Again not saying you're dumb. A lot of people want them and I fell for it so I'm no better, but take it from some one who has three: Do not do it! It's just a trend like Kid and Plays backwards pants only these pants you can never turn the right way. "
Actually, there are plenty of justifiable reasons beyond the "because I think it would look good" argument. You could use your own example of Miami Ink to prove this -- many go in to get a piece of a lost loved one, such as portrait of a brother or child carved into their skin as a physical representation of a memory. Others have similar deep reasons for getting tattoo,s such as a certain symbol or image having special meaning to them.

And "low class trend"? As if only trailer trash get tattoos? People of all walks of life get them for plenty of different reasons and it has nothing to do with one's income level or lifestyle. Perhaps you did it out of impulse, but many have done it only after thinking long and hard about it. Your advice is sound though -- it's best to think long and hard about why one wants to get a tattoo before ending up regretting it, but not everyone does it just because it's the current trend.

I do like the "Then you're an idiot. But I'm not saying you're dumb" argument. That was funny.
Aetos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Aetos

I've never been a fan of them.

therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By therabidfrog
@Symphony said:

Actually, there are plenty of justifiable reasons beyond the "because I think it would look good" argument. You could use your own example of Miami Ink to prove this -- many go in to get a piece of a lost loved one, such as portrait of a brother or child carved into their skin as a physical representation of a memory. Others have similar deep reasons for getting tattoo,s such as a certain symbol or image having special meaning to them.  And "low class trend"? As if only trailer trash get tattoos? People of all walks of life get them for plenty of different reasons and it has nothing to do with one's income level or lifestyle. Perhaps you did it out of impulse, but many have done it only after thinking long and hard about it. Your advice is sound though -- it's best to think long and hard about why one wants to get a tattoo before ending up regretting it, but not everyone does it just because it's the current trend. I do like the "Then you're an idiot. But I'm not saying you're dumb" argument. That was funny. "
I do not consider commemorating friends or families in tattoo form valid in any way. It's shallow. Commemorating events and family in tattoo form are what people do instead of actively celebrating life. For instance in and episode of Miami Ink a guy gets a tattoo of his daughter punching a cancer cell in the face after she survived cancer. Why not just love your daughter and make every day with her precious? What does the tattoo add? How does it make your daughter surviving a terminal illness more important or meaningful? It doesn't. Yes not every one gets tattoos for trend reasons, but lets just say that not too many people in the western world get them for any other reason. Not a valid argument. The guy that started the thread isn't some amazonian tribesman getting a tattoo to celebrate becoming a warrior. He's just a dude wanting to make an impulsive decision and I just don't want to see him do something I believe he will regret. If we're going to debate the subject then we need to talk about what is mostly likely and not the fringe examples. Like I said buy a guitar or an instrument you love. Learn to paint or write. Express yourself in productive ways and you'll have a gift that will last you a life time.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#41  Edited By ajamafalous
@therabidfrog said:
" The guy that started the thread isn't some amazonian tribesman getting a tattoo to celebrate becoming a warrior. "
I think we should let him clarify before we jump to conclusions.
therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By therabidfrog

And may I add that I defend my statement that it is low class. A rich kid can take a dump in the middle of the road, but the fact that he's rich doesn't elevate it beyond a dump in the road.

Mandiggidy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Mandiggidy

Your asking this on a gaming site......beware you dont become this guy................
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mordukai
@natetodamax said:
" HIV "

That's another one for the books huh?  

@Fallen189 said:  I've learned that sometimes you just have to ignore the shit that comes out of nateodamax mouth. 
SBYM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By SBYM

I occasionally see a really well done tattoo, but the vast majority look terrible. Not a fan.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By TwoOneFive
@Fallen189 said:

@natetodamax said:
" HIV "
What? "
i think he meant high five guys. its just a typo, no worries. he likes tattoos. high five!
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By TwoOneFive
@SBYM said:
" I occasionally see a really well done tattoo, but the vast majority look terrible. Not a fan. "
same here. rarely do i see a tattoo that looks like the work of a real artist.  
i mean, i took 4 years of art in high school, and even im like damn i could draw that wayyyyy better when i see most of the tattoos out there. 
chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#48  Edited By chstupid

They cost money have no benifts and will look bad later in life. 
Get one!!!!!
therabidfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By therabidfrog
@ajamafalous: You're right. I hear the DSL has bitchin speeds in the Amazon basin.
Symphony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#50  Edited By Symphony
@therabidfrog said:
" @Symphony said:

Actually, there are plenty of justifiable reasons beyond the "because I think it would look good" argument. You could use your own example of Miami Ink to prove this -- many go in to get a piece of a lost loved one, such as portrait of a brother or child carved into their skin as a physical representation of a memory. Others have similar deep reasons for getting tattoo,s such as a certain symbol or image having special meaning to them.  And "low class trend"? As if only trailer trash get tattoos? People of all walks of life get them for plenty of different reasons and it has nothing to do with one's income level or lifestyle. Perhaps you did it out of impulse, but many have done it only after thinking long and hard about it. Your advice is sound though -- it's best to think long and hard about why one wants to get a tattoo before ending up regretting it, but not everyone does it just because it's the current trend. I do like the "Then you're an idiot. But I'm not saying you're dumb" argument. That was funny. "
I do not consider commemorating friends or families in tattoo form valid in any way. It's shallow. Commemorating events and family in tattoo form are what people do instead of actively celebrating life. For instance in and episode of Miami Ink a guy gets a tattoo of his daughter punching a cancer cell in the face after she survived cancer. Why not just love your daughter and make every day with her precious? What does the tattoo add? How does it make your daughter surviving a terminal illness more important or meaningful? It doesn't. Yes not every one gets tattoos for trend reasons, but lets just say that not too many people in the western world get them for any other reason. Not a valid argument. The guy that started the thread isn't some amazonian tribesman getting a tattoo to celebrate becoming a warrior. He's just a dude wanting to make an impulsive decision and I just don't want to see him do something I believe he will regret. If we're going to debate the subject then we need to talk about what is mostly likely and not the fringe examples. Like I said buy a guitar or an instrument you love. Learn to paint or write. Express yourself in productive ways and you'll have a gift that will last you a life time. "
Just because you don't agree with someone's opinion on why they get a tattoo (or do anything) doesn't invalidate their argument. It just means you don't agree with them. Heck, even getting it for trendy reasons is perfectly valid for many people, and just because you don't think it's a good idea doesn't make them wrong.