What do you think your opinion will be of The Dark Knight Rises?

• 89 results
InternetCrab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By InternetCrab

I think it won't be as good as The Dark Knight, but definetly an very good film.

Pop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#52  Edited By Pop

How can you know if you like a movie before you watch it! Doesn't make any sense duder!

edit: like me with the Prince of Persia movie, I was like "omg! the dagger looks cool and there's going to be lots of fighting! woo!" then I watch it and when I saw the first 30 mins when Jake Gyllenhaal gets blamed for that stupid fucking thing that happens, I took the DVD out and watched it a week later and just facepalm after facepalm.

CheapPoison

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By CheapPoison

I have a lot of trust in Nolan. I chose B, but that is also just cause i like to temper my expectations.

mtcantor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By mtcantor

No idea. Haven't seen it yet.

The_Ruiner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By The_Ruiner

same as the other two...well made movies that have completely discard everything i like about batman...

Morrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#56  Edited By Morrow

I try not to have too many expectations. I still can't see Anne Hathaway as Catwoman though, total miscast in my opinion. But maybe she pulls a Deus Ex Machina with her performance, breaks out of being typecast for cute/sweet women and is a great dark counterpart for the dark knight. I doubt it, but who knows.

xCharlieSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By xCharlieSheen

just going so i can see the new Superman trailer; and eat lots of junk food. Hopefully have a good time; I thought the Dark Knight dragged on a little too long. This one, I guess is the same length; which worries me.

Jayzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#58  Edited By Jayzilla

i am not meta enough to offer speculation of my opinion of my opinion yet. i'm saving that for 2014.

Avatar image for crosstheatlantic
CrossTheAtlantic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#59  Edited By CrossTheAtlantic

@SathingtonWaltz said:

@NaDannMaGoGo said:

@ VierasTalo I suppose our taste differs by a large degree from your comment but still, let's give it a try: Batman Begins better than TDK? How's that? I don't even like the action in Batman Begins with all that close up camera work where you can't figure shit out. And I just don't see an aspect that's worse in TDK really.

Not the guy you were replying to, but I also vastly prefer Batman Begins to TDK. Here's why: (DISCLAIMER: THESE ARE OPINIONS! WHOA!)

Batman Begins captured the brooding and moody atmosphere of Gotham and Batman perfectly. The films focus on fear was spot on for Batman, and the action scenes perfectly reflected Batman "turning fear against those who prey on the fearful." The pacing was tighter, the action though not as much of a spectacle actually made sense. Everything Batman did in BB made perfect sense, they even did a good job explaining why he had "bat ears". The films plot, while less complex, was more focused, direct, and not all over the place like TDK. And I really can't stress enough just how great the pacing was in Batman Begins. Gotham actually felt like Gotham and Batman actually felt and acted like Batman. If you watch the two films back to back it's almost startling how different they feel. In TDK, the moody dark Gotham is completely gone. Batman for some reason no longer uses stealth and fear to fight crime, in favor of just showing up (THEN YOU'RE GONNA LOVE ME). TDK was a fantastic spectacle, but when you watch it a few more times you start to really see through all that. Nearly ever action scene in TDK I queston "why did Bruce do that? That wouldn't actually work. etc.", where as in BB the action makes sense. I don't remember a single scene in TDK where Batman actually uses stealth tactics. In the penthouse party scene, he just shows up. In the nightclub scene he just shows up. The only scene in TDK that made sense for Batman not to use stealth was near the end when he was frantically searching for the Joker. That actually made sense, he didn't have time to do anything intricate.

/rant

I think, for me, what causes a lot of that is that the Joker shows up and totally fucks up Batman's game. If this was a perfect world where the films didn't have to all be increasing spectacles, I think we would have had at least one other movie before the Joker that had Batman in the same vein as Begins. Then the Joker, who is much more direct and unpredictable, shows up and forces the brutality of Batman to the forefront: he tries to reduce Batman to the other side of the same coin as him. In this way, I think the break in tone was definitely necessary but would have been better underscored by being able to spend more time in "this" universe. I don't know, then, that they really should be watched back to back as I don't view them as direct sequels in a narrative sense. There's definitely a break inbetween.

I definitely agree about Gotham, though. I really liked the feel of the Narrows and Arkham in Begins, and it was a little disappointing (if, again, thematically understandable) that the TDK spent much more time in the "nicer" parts of Gotham (AKA Chicago).

EDIT: Also, if I remember correctly, he just shows up to the party because he was already there as Bruce when Joker shows up to cause a ruckus. And the nightclub was right after Rachel's death, right? So he was crazy pissed. Or I might just be misremembering when that happened. Ah, it was Gordon's supposed death. Still makes sense though.

Adaurin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Adaurin

I don't know what the premise of this thread is. How about I'll like it if it's good and I won't if its not? Just like everything else ever?

OldGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By OldGuy

I think that I will know what I think once I see it. Entering with pre-concieved notions doesn't do anyone any good.

koolaid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By koolaid

Uh. I haven't watched it yet.

I really like Batman though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

D. I didn't like The Dark Knight that much, but I suspect this will probably be worse because the surprise factor won't be as there as it was for The Dark Knight, but that's just my guess. It will also, as all his other movies were, be worse than Memento, and that is pretty much a fact.

sergeantz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64  Edited By sergeantz

Marty! Something's gotta be done about your kids!

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@Revan_NL said:

As long as it's as good as Batman Begins, the last good Batman movie. The Dark Knight was primarily a good Joker movie, set in Chicago masquerading as Gotham City.

What kind of sucks is that 90% of people I know haven't even seen Begins and don't even know that TDK was a sequel to it. The films really are that different.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By iam3green

i think it's not going to be as good as the dark knight.

Revan_NL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Revan_NL
@SathingtonWaltz

@Revan_NL said:

As long as it's as good as Batman Begins, the last good Batman movie. The Dark Knight was primarily a good Joker movie, set in Chicago masquerading as Gotham City.

What kind of sucks is that 90% of people I know haven't even seen Begins and don't even know that TDK was a sequel to it. The films really are that different.

It really was quite jarring to see the difference in style between Begins and TDK. I really liked the design of Gotham in Begins, it was really good in portraying Gotham as a rotten city.
Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Deusx

I chose other because I have no idea. I have high hopes for it but it may end up sucking or being the best movie ever. I hope it´s the later.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

@Revan_NL said:

@SathingtonWaltz

@Revan_NL said:

It really was quite jarring to see the difference in style between Begins and TDK. I really liked the design of Gotham in Begins, it was really good in portraying Gotham as a rotten city.

Which is why it's perfectly understandable when people didn't even know the two were related.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I really hope I love it as much as the last movie.

Avatar image for buzz_killington
buzz_killington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#71  Edited By buzz_killington

WHAT A DUMB FUCKING QUESTION

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By teh_destroyer

@Daiphyer said:

I don't think it can be as good as The Dark Knight. The reason why The Dark Knight was so goddamn good was Heath Ledger.

What I was thinking, Ledger and his performance was the best in a long time.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By NTM
TwoLines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#74  Edited By TwoLines

Why would you even ask this question? It doesn't make sense.

SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By SathingtonWaltz
MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#76  Edited By MetalGearSunny
@buzz_killington said:

WHAT A DUMB FUCKING QUESTION

@TwoLines said:

Why would you even ask this question? It doesn't make sense.

Yeah, I don't see the point of this thread.
Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Hey guys. What do you guys think of this thing you don't know what to think of yet?

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#78  Edited By Klei

My problem with Dark Knight is Christian Bale. To me, that guy ISN'T Bruce Wayne, nor Batman. I don't like the costume either. The rest is great, though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cat woman character looks stupid just saying.

TehFlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#80  Edited By TehFlan

I think it will be great, probably as good as the Dark Knight, but maybe not better.

IkariNoTekken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By IkariNoTekken

Meh, I didn't like the others like most people did. In fact I can't recall ever liking a Batman film. My enjoyment of Batman comes from a few graphic novels, the Adam West show, the original Animated series and most of all my own imagination as a kid.

As for Rises; I think Tom Hardy is probably the only reason I will ever see it. He's already got some good performances under his belt and I think I'd like to see how he handles Bane.

-

Old friend of mine had the right idea though, he advised that I play Batman Arkham Asylum whilst listening to Kiss From A Rose (and everything else by Seal). Have to say, that alone is more entertaining than all the Batman films I've seen.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By penguindust

I think it will be about as good as The Dark Knight. Now, let me say that I liked Batman Begins more than the Dark Knight, so I'm not saying it will be great.

The question is, The Avengers made nearly 1.5 billion dollars worldwide and that total isn't final; do you think The Dark Knight Rises can beat that number by summer's end?

Liquidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#83  Edited By Liquidus

@DeF said:

Other: I hope it will be better than The Dark Knight which I did not like very much (lacked focus, was way too long and drawn out and kinda full of itself).

Agree about The Dark Knight, however I did still like the movie but it is incredibly overrated and way too self serious. I'm interested in The Dark Knight Rises mainly just from pure curiosity. They really seem to be going balls out with this one so, either it will be really awesome or just collapse under it's own weight.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#84  Edited By monkeyking1969

My biggest fear is Anne Hathaway's Catwoman won't be everything I want. I hope they give her enough story and enough screen time.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By MariachiMacabre

From several reviews people are saying it's just as good, if not better, than TDK so my expectations are really high. Nolan has yet to disappoint so I think if anyone can do it, he can.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#86  Edited By Hunter5024

I hope he kills batman.

Avatar image for thesoutherndandy
TheSouthernDandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TheSouthernDandy

I'm thinking B. Thats what I'm hoping. I'm sure I'm gonna love it it would take a lot for that film to disappoint me to be honest. I'm a huge fan of everybody involved.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this outsells the Avengers.  Im too stoked for this movie.  I already got tickets for tomorrow.  God damn

sungahymn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By sungahymn

Eh...C.