What is your gut feeling about girl metalheads?

• 90 results
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

Edited By swamplord666

I just want to put the following paragraph out there before I get started.  
Anyone can like any kind of music and this doesn't bother me. Also, metal is a very odd genre of music... It very much feels (to me at least) like the guys club of music. This is why i'm putting these thoughts out there. 

So what is my gut feeling when seeing girls that are as into their metal as I am? Very sadly, it's awkwardness. Videogames and listening to Metal are the two things in my life that are not particularly popular with the girls. But funnily enough, on one hand, a girl that is as into videogames as me is actually very attractive. On the other hand, a girl that is as into their metal as me, is a major turn off. 
Why this bothers me, I do not know... But I can only speculate!    

A boys Club
Part of the reason might be the reason stated above: Metal is a boys club. I'm not saying that it excludes girls, but the very genre seems to not be very friendly to the opposite sex. In many cases, it's strong, powerful, violent music. Although I acknowledge the fact that a girl can associate to all these things, the matter of the fact is these attributes are more readily attributed to men than women. Metalheads will know the awesomeness that is contained in a metal concert but for those who don't, here is what I enjoy about these concerts. 

I will eat your babies...      

Although the music is a big part of the experience, A larger part is the crowd. At first it's intimidating standing, waiting for the show to begin and next to you is a biker with a FUCKOFF tattoo and a beard that would help him blend perfectly in viking territory.  Alot of these people will look to be nasty fuckers, but if you're looking for the perfect rendition of the saying "don't judge a book by its cover", this would be it. It's awesome how as the concert goes on, the crowd gets wilder and wilder, moshpits are formed and everyone is pushing and shoving in a way only boys used to do as kids and teenagers. but on top of that, there is an underline sense of brotherhood. when you fall in a moshpit, you WILL have someone protecting you while someone else yanks you back on your feet, the guy next to you that you don't know will hold you by the shoulders as he's headbanging like he 's known you since childhood. Everyone is sharing this strong and powerful music together and it's amazing! 
Now picture a girl in the mix. She likes the music too but you'll think harder about what would instinctive. You can't push and shove a girl, you can't hold her like a brother. It just doesn't feel right! Like most guys know, you can't act like an immature prick with your friends as much when girls are around. But ask yourself why? maybe because you want to impress, maybe because you don't want to look stupid, or maybe you don't know why... you just don't do it.  

Metal is not feminine
 For all that metal does, it never is feminine. The genre seems to revel in the fact that it's masculine. The riffs are low pitched, it's fast, is sonbre, the vocals (for the most part) are yelled... non of these are woman friendly. I guess it's odd that with a genre that seems so unfriendly to something it's weird when that very something comes to embrace it. It should not be, but it is!              

I say that but.... 

Angela Gossow     
    Angela Gossow     
 At the same time I have huge respect for the woman that make out to be band leaders in metal bands! One of the foremost examples is the band Arch Enemy whos front woman is a woman who can do a better growl than most men (i'm looking at you Atreyu >:( ). But seeing about how I feel about girls in metal, why do i not feel the same as the other woman headbangers? Personally I don't really know!                

Now I put it to you GB users! Do any other metal heads fell the same way?  
Also feel I should add that I'm sorry if I offended some women users on here :( I did not mean to offend!
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By swamplord666

I just want to put the following paragraph out there before I get started.  
Anyone can like any kind of music and this doesn't bother me. Also, metal is a very odd genre of music... It very much feels (to me at least) like the guys club of music. This is why i'm putting these thoughts out there. 

So what is my gut feeling when seeing girls that are as into their metal as I am? Very sadly, it's awkwardness. Videogames and listening to Metal are the two things in my life that are not particularly popular with the girls. But funnily enough, on one hand, a girl that is as into videogames as me is actually very attractive. On the other hand, a girl that is as into their metal as me, is a major turn off. 
Why this bothers me, I do not know... But I can only speculate!    

A boys Club
Part of the reason might be the reason stated above: Metal is a boys club. I'm not saying that it excludes girls, but the very genre seems to not be very friendly to the opposite sex. In many cases, it's strong, powerful, violent music. Although I acknowledge the fact that a girl can associate to all these things, the matter of the fact is these attributes are more readily attributed to men than women. Metalheads will know the awesomeness that is contained in a metal concert but for those who don't, here is what I enjoy about these concerts. 

Although the music is a big part of the experience, A larger part is the crowd. At first it's intimidating standing, waiting for the show to begin and next to you is a biker with a FUCKOFF tattoo and a beard that would help him blend perfectly in viking territory.  Alot of these people will look to be nasty fuckers, but if you're looking for the perfect rendition of the saying "don't judge a book by its cover", this would be it. It's awesome how as the concert goes on, the crowd gets wilder and wilder, moshpits are formed and everyone is pushing and shoving in a way only boys used to do as kids and teenagers. but on top of that, there is an underline sense of brotherhood. when you fall in a moshpit, you WILL have someone protecting you while someone else yanks you back on your feet, the guy next to you that you don't know will hold you by the shoulders as he's headbanging like he 's known you since childhood. Everyone is sharing this strong and powerful music together and it's amazing! 
Now picture a girl in the mix. She likes the music too but you'll think harder about what would instinctive. You can't push and shove a girl, you can't hold her like a brother. It just doesn't feel right! Like most guys know, you can't act like an immature prick with your friends as much when girls are around. But ask yourself why? maybe because you want to impress, maybe because you don't want to look stupid, or maybe you don't know why... you just don't do it.  

Metal is not feminine
 For all that metal does, it never is feminine. The genre seems to revel in the fact that it's masculine. The riffs are low pitched, it's fast, is sonbre, the vocals (for the most part) are yelled... non of these are woman friendly. I guess it's odd that with a genre that seems so unfriendly to something it's weird when that very something comes to embrace it. It should not be, but it is!              

I say that but.... 

Angela Gossow     
    Angela Gossow     
 At the same time I have huge respect for the woman that make out to be band leaders in metal bands! One of the foremost examples is the band Arch Enemy whos front woman is a woman who can do a better growl than most men (i'm looking at you Atreyu >:( ). But seeing about how I feel about girls in metal, why do i not feel the same as the other woman headbangers? Personally I don't really know!                

Now I put it to you GB users! Do any other metal heads fell the same way?  
Also feel I should add that I'm sorry if I offended some women users on here :( I did not mean to offend!
ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By ArchScabby

She's pretty cool, after playing baseball she doesn't even take a break, she just goes right into a show.

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By GunslingerPanda

You can't push and shove a girl

Pffft, you ain't never been in a moshpit with a metal chick? Crazy ladies can give as good as they can take.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#4  Edited By flaminghobo

I've found women who like to metal to be pretty cool and really nice people in general. I probably wouldn't date one, as I feel the same awkwardness you do, but damn some of them are fiiiiiiiiine.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By swamplord666
@GunslingerPanda: I have met my fair share of those girls but I must say I have always been a little hesitant and even after pushing back i get the feeling of "oh god what have i done! what have i become?!" :P 
nanikore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By nanikore

Atreyu is whiny emo screaming, not growling.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ba16609964d9
deactivated-5ba16609964d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 20

They need to be isolated, studied, then dissected.

AlwaysAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By AlwaysAngry
@swamplord666 said:

i'm looking at you Atreyu >:(

Atreyu is a "hard-core" band for all the teens... 

I hate how all my friends think my music sucks because it isn't Hollywood Undead. Sure they can joke about, but it really pisses me off. My one friend said, "Death Metal sucks because the music is too loud! You can't even hear what the singer is saying!" That statement made me want to shove a cherry-bomb up his ass. 

Edit: @nanikore: Damn, beat me to it.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By swamplord666
@AlwaysAngry: oh yeah definitely! that's the main complaint i've seen with metal teh screaming!! I can't believe that people need to hear every single word of a song to enjoy a song. Good death metal is absolutely awesome! it's too bad most people can't see beyond the vocals :S
arkkazeal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By arkkazeal

The few girl metalheads I have known in my life have been very awesome people to hang around, nice and easy going with a much more interesting fashion sense than the other girls. On top of that they also liked video games, so I can say the ones I have met were extremely attractive on all fronts to me and liking metal just made it better. Of course I always find myself extremely uninterested in anything I don't like, so girls listening to some sort of music that annoys me would probably drive me insane.

CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By CoolDrMoney

The same as male metalheads; embarrassing

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By swamplord666
@Arkkazeal: yeah i totally agree that alot of the girl metalheads (even male metalheads) are the most level headed and cool people I know. But when I see girls headbanging and moshing like I would just weirds me out...
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#13  Edited By Hamst3r

I have no problem with girls that like metal; unless they consider being into metal requiring them to have more tattoos and piercings in their face.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By AhmadMetallic

I think they're cool. I'll scroll up and read your post now :P

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15  Edited By FesteringNeon

Although a girl doesn't have to be into metal for say a date or two, it would definately give us something to connect on beyond the initial "getting to know someone".

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By natetodamax

Meh

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae53b407571
deactivated-60ae53b407571

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

My girl's a metal head. I doubt we could be in the same room for longer than 10 minutes if we had different music tastes, seeing both of us loves to listen to music, constantly. As for being in mosh pits with women, I agree with GunslingerPanda, they're no push-overs.

OP's right in the fact that Metal's probably the most male-dominated music there is, however, that doesn't mean women aren't welcome. Just take a look at Nightwish and how far they got. Metal chicks are probably the only sensible women out there, anyway. At least from my experience.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#18  Edited By HandsomeDead

Girl metalheads are 99% ugly with 1% being fantasitc in bed. I don't like them odds.

TorgoGrooves89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By TorgoGrooves89

My sister is both a metal head and into video games. She is a very cool person.
JustinBieber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By JustinBieber

My mom won't let me go to metal concerts. :(

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21  Edited By EVO

I don't care how hot you are; if you're a girl and you enjoy listening to dudes scream into a mic and watch dudes beat the shit out each other, that's a huge turnoff and I think you're a little fucked in the head. 

But Sera Timms is the exception to the rule.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ITT: Stereotyping. Horrible stereotyping. One starts to wonder what bloody country people come from, or if they've learned everything they know by watching MTV.

GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By GunslingerPanda

The stereotypical metal girls are hot. They look like they could beat the shit out of you.

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By swamplord666
@Asrahn: I'm a little confused as to what I am stereotyping :/ I'm just saying what I feel in regards to women metalheads and the fact that I can't get around the idea of girls being into such a different type of music than anything out there. 
@EVO: Eh... I think you have a very different idea of what metal the music and its culture is like. watch metal: a headbangers journey. You'll understand a little more :) 
and @JustinBieber: .... please get off my blog... thank you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swamplord666:

Don't get me wrong man, it wasn't aimed particularly at you. More towards the people who claim metal is "people screaming and beating each other up". When it comes to the women being "ugly" and whatnot, I guess it's a matter of personal taste.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By HandsomeDead

Basically the metalheads are getting annoyed people don't like their bag again. Wonders never cease.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@JustinBieber said:
" My mom won't let me go to metal concerts. :( "
Your username makes this so hilarious
Avatar image for computerplayer1
Computerplayer1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28  Edited By Computerplayer1

Probably have a larger dick than I do.

Alexander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Alexander
 I'd just assume a girl into metal has bad taste.
Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Scooper

What makes me laugh is these metal heads singing throat-tearing songs and horrific death metal instrument playing tend to just look like a bunch of pale, weedy lookin blokes with long, laughable hair. When I hear the music I picture a 7 foot tall man with biceps that could crush a fire hydrant and then a see a man who couldn't battle out of a wet paper bag.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Scooper: 

Gotta agree with you here. Aint much into the entire "Black" part of metal. Melodic is brilliant though.
swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By swamplord666
@Asrahn said:
" @swamplord666:  Don't get me wrong man, it wasn't aimed particularly at you. More towards the people who claim metal is "people screaming and beating each other up". When it comes to the women being "ugly" and whatnot, I guess it's a matter of personal taste. "
Ah good then :P and I agree! But for the girls, there aren't many but those who are good looking, are HELLA good looking! (and yes I did use hella...)
Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Xeiphyer
@JustinBieber said:
" My mom won't let me go to metal concerts. :( "
Lol. Troll account spotted! Nice.

------------

Girl metalheads are a strange breed, I know a few that are absolutely awesome (read: Fuckable), but the vast vast vasstttttttt majority of them are ugly and/or undateable. In my experience, most female metalheads have some pretty deep personal issues and thats why they are the way they are, with guys thats not always the case, so females are usually a lot of work.
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By GunslingerPanda
@Scooper said:
" What makes me laugh is these metal heads singing throat-tearing songs and horrific death metal instrument playing tend to just look like a bunch of pale, weedy lookin blokes with long, laughable hair. When I hear the music I picture a 7 foot tall man with biceps that could crush a fire hydrant and then a see a man who couldn't battle out of a wet paper bag. "
Unfortunately I agree :( Metal singers look like such douchebags nowadays, regardless of the quality of their music.
habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By habster3

For me, it would depend on the person.

Avatar image for captainreynolds
CaptainReynolds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By CaptainReynolds
@Alexander said:
"  I'd just assume a girl into metal has bad taste. "
Synthballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#37  Edited By Synthballs

They freak the shit out of me. Well, the realy die hard ones.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By GreggD

Female Metalheads are not what you should worry about. Oh no, that distinction goes to female Juggalos. *shudder*

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@swamplord666 said:

" @Asrahn said:

" @swamplord666:  Don't get me wrong man, it wasn't aimed particularly at you. More towards the people who claim metal is "people screaming and beating each other up". When it comes to the women being "ugly" and whatnot, I guess it's a matter of personal taste. "

Ah good then :P and I agree! But for the girls, there aren't many but those who are good looking, are HELLA good looking! (and yes I did use hella...) "

All the better, more women for the metalheads who appreciate the more or less unique style the metalhead women have. :3

I do come from Sweden then again, I guess I may be spoiled by the average looks of the women here. As for the requirement of having a particular taste to like metal women, we like it that way. After all, it's hard to find anything as annoying as people who visit concerts and whatnot and just walk around, not giving a shit about the music, in their wife-beaters or flannel shirts while trying to pick up metalhead chicks. Unless they're of the fairly uncommon type of person who may go "I like the music as well, but I don't need to dress in black to appreciate it", then the morons in pink shirts usually go about and try to stirr up as much shit as possible. As you can imagine this may significantly worsen the mood of some of the people who are there because they love the band, as they'll be thinking, and perhaps talking about "That fucking idiot who bored his elbow in between my shoulderblades in an attempt to gain space and go dry-hump the poor girl in a tight skirt." instead of remembering the concert for its positive sides. Happened to me on several occasions, and I vividly remember having something of an elbow-fight with a guy and eventually being forced to push him out of the mosh pit as he tried to get to my girl. His three popped collars somehow told me he wasn't there for the purpose of listening to the music, and his hand snaking over my woman's butt kinda made it an obvious issue.

While on the topic: Above is my favorite band. Metal aint all screaming and clogging your face with a cement layer of make-up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, I know the keyboardist is an ugly motherfucker. Ignore him, and listen to the sound. xD
SSValis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By SSValis

I think the same about her as I do a guy metalhead.....

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#42  Edited By Foil1212

Funeral and doom metal is where it's at.  Certain power metal bands as well.  Folk metal is also sweet.

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By kishan6

Death metal sux 
well not all death metal does 
girl metalheads are totally gross

FacelessVixen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FacelessVixen

Chicks that are into metal make me hot.

Foil1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Foil1212

My girlfriend doesn't do the whole metal thing too often, but she got into two bands: Persuader, which is power metal, and Wormphlegm, which is torture metal.  What does that say about her? :P

swamplord666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By swamplord666
@Foil1212: naaah melodic death metal,death metal and black metal is my cup of tea :) 
more than any band, i want to see gojira perform where the dragons dwell 

also the art of dying 

ObsideonDarman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By ObsideonDarman

I think their hot

sopranosfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48  Edited By sopranosfan

I used to have a thing for the bassist in White Zombie, I can't remember her name now but back in the mid 90s she was hot from what I can remember.  Man I feel old.

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By kmdrkul

I have seen a few hot metalhead gals, but yeah... the majority of them are nasty.  Not as bad as goth chicks, but still pretty bad :p

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50  Edited By Cube

Most metal chicks I've met are fucking stupid, kinda like most "metalheads".