• 157 results
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ihmishylje

So, since we all know that these forums are a vast source of deep and insightful knowledge about the female psyche, I turn to you in this most desperate of times. I've been dating this girl for a couple of months now and I guess I should get her something for Christmas. Can anybody help me out? I'm quite poor though, so keep your recommendations on the cheap side.

And before somebody starts ranting about how I shouldn't ask about this kind of stuff on here: yes, yes, yes, I know. I'm a sensible adult, and while I'm no ladies' man, I'm probably more versed in that particular area of life than... well, let's not go there. Anyway, while I'm not dependent on your advice, I wouldn't mind some pro tips, if for nothing else than comedic value.

FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By FourWude

Dildo.

ZombieSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ZombieSpace

Some perfume?

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By eroticfishcake

Can you tell us more about her character? Might give a little more insight in what she likes.

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Marcsman

The Blu Ray Zombie Strippers
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Ihmishylje
@FourWude said:

" Dildo. "

She's really into all that Hello Kitty shit and I told her about this Hello Kitty vibrator I saw on Amazon and she thought it was pretty funny, if quite expensive. 

@ZombieSpace said:

" Some perfume? "

God, I don't know anything about perfumes. But it's an idea I guess. I wonder what she uses, she smells really nice.
Grissefar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Grissefar

Sara Jessica Parker’s “Lovely.” The fragrance is as the name, lovely.

ZombieSpace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ZombieSpace
@Ihmishylje said:
" @FourWude said:

" Dildo. "

She's really into all that Hello Kitty shit and I told her about this Hello Kitty vibrator I saw on Amazon and she thought it was pretty funny, if quite expensive. 

@ZombieSpace said:

" Some perfume? "

God, I don't know anything about perfumes. But it's an idea I guess. I wonder what she uses, she smells really nice. "
Find some smell that you like?
bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By bombHills

I have always had good luck with those baskets of soaps and lotions they sell at Bath and Bodyworks

PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PoppaKyle

A couple months? Nothing
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Ihmishylje
@eroticfishcake said:
" Can you tell us more about her character? Might give a little more insight in what she likes. "
Hmm. Well, she's a nurse. She likes dogs, and Hello Kitty stuff. She likes 2D platformers but can't wrap her head around polygonal games. She plays the violin and sings quite well, and listens to this weird soft trance music. She loves the Big Bang Theory and her favorite film is Legally Blonde (upon learning that I almost left her). She generally has poor taste in food. I once bought her these hand-made, really nice and expensive belgian chocolates only to learn that while she enjoyed them, she also really enjoys these horrible confectionaries nobody buys other than ironically.
MoonlightMoth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

User Lists: 15

#12  Edited By MoonlightMoth

A DVD of Tinto Brass' Caligula.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Ihmishylje
@PoppaKyle said:
" A couple months? Nothing "
I suppose, in another case you'd have a point. But she remembered my birthday when my own father forgot it. And we did go to the same college some time ago, before we both dropped out.
TehJames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TehJames

Buy her a cookbook and a frying pan and your happiness will be guaranteed. 

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By crusader8463

A card offering sexual services, or, if she doesn't enjoy anything you can offer in that field of interest, doing something with her that you hate and she loves. Make sure she knows that you hate it but that you are doing it for her because you care about her that much or it won't be as meaningful. Will only cost you the price of the card and a few hours of your time.

Philedius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Philedius

Can't go wrong with this.

PoppaKyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PoppaKyle
@Ihmishylje said:
" @PoppaKyle said:
" A couple months? Nothing "
I suppose, in another case you'd have a point. But she remembered my birthday when my own father forgot it. And we did go to the same college some time ago, before we both dropped out."

Yeah thats different then. I was just kinda looked at a couple months and that was it without knowing feelings for eachother and what not ha ha
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Ihmishylje
@TehJames said:

"   Buy her a cookbook and a frying pan and your happiness will be guaranteed.  "

Not to be sexist, but I'd nevet let a woman into the kitchen. :P 

@crusader8463 said:

" A card offering sexual services, or, if she doesn't enjoy anything you can offer in that field of interest, doing something with her that you hate and she loves. Make sure she knows that you hate it but that you are doing it for her because you care about her that much or it won't be as meaningful. Will only cost you the price of the card and a few hours of your time. "

Thanks for the vote of confidence, man.

But yeah, it's an idea. I have to say, I'm positively surprised by this thread.
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Ihmishylje: Huh...I really can't think of much I'm afraid. If she has a Wii though I can always suggest Kirby's Epic Yarn since that's an easy, yet fun (and cute) 2D platformer. It's mulitplayer too!
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20  Edited By crusader8463
@Ihmishylje:  Didn't mean a hit agaisnt you, just some ladies don't put much interest in sex so it isn't as meaningful to them. Or at least they like to pretend to.
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ihmishylje
@eroticfishcake said:
" @Ihmishylje: Huh...I really can't think of much I'm afraid. If she has a Wii though I can always suggest Kirby's Epic Yarn since that's an easy, yet fun (and cute) 2D platformer. It's mulitplayer too! "
That would be brilliant, except her ex took their Wii when they broke up. :/
pretender15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pretender15

Jewelry. Women love jewelry. And don't skimp out and get her cheap shit.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Ihmishylje
@crusader8463 said:
" @Ihmishylje:  Didn't mean a hit agaisnt you, just some ladies don't put much interest in sex so it isn't as meaningful to them. Or at least they like to pretend to. "
Any woman who doesn't enjoy an orgasm is either lying or has never had one.
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ihmishylje
@pretender15 said:
" Jewelry. Women love jewelry. And don't skimp out and get her cheap shit. "
I don't really have that kind of money...
eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Ihmishylje said:
" @eroticfishcake said:
" @Ihmishylje: Huh...I really can't think of much I'm afraid. If she has a Wii though I can always suggest Kirby's Epic Yarn since that's an easy, yet fun (and cute) 2D platformer. It's mulitplayer too! "
That would be brilliant, except her ex took their Wii when they broke up. :/ "
Oh. Bollocks. Well a Wii is pretty cheap these days but I doubt you have the finances for that. So that's off the list. If she likes reading however then you've got a broad selection.
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ihmishylje
@eroticfishcake said:

" @Ihmishylje said:

" @eroticfishcake said:
That would be brilliant, except her ex took their Wii when they broke up. :/ "
Oh. Bollocks. Well a Wii is pretty cheap these days but I doubt you have the finances for that. So that's off the list. If she likes reading however then you've got a broad selection. "
I might in fact go with a book. Maybe something about surgery, she's fascinated by surgery.
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By CaptainObvious

Can't go wrong with classic movies
Avatar image for deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7
deactivated-5f8b49bb7fea7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A female once told me that women can never have enough shoes. So shoes, maybe? Good shoes might be out of your price range, though.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By blackbird415
@Ihmishylje: I got my girlfriend the first season of dbz (sort of a gag gift), tales of vesparia (shes a gamer), Guatemalan  coffee beans (she loves coffee), and a t-shirt that has kitten mittens on the front (its from always sunny in Philadelphia). I know its not much help, but thats what I got for my girlfriend
Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#30  Edited By Sin4profit

Alcohol.

chstupid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#31  Edited By chstupid

My dick in a box! :D

cherub09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cherub09

Okay from a girl's perspective: 

Tickets to a nice event (shows you have forethought and planning skills to think ahead, and that since you thought ahead you plan on sticking with her a little while longer at least) 

Take her vehicle to get it detailed inside and out (women are busy too, and this would be such a thoughtful gesture)

If you must get the Hello Kitty stuff, get a little change purse or wallet and put a heartfelt letter inside (and don't ask us here what to write in the letter ;O) 

The time you put into a gift is more important than the price. Make it special, since this is your first Christmas together.

eroticfishcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By eroticfishcake
@Ihmishylje: Wouldn't think a book of surgery will do considering the chances are that she will already have those books let alone finding an interesting books exclusively about surgery. I could be wrong however, just gotta take a peek at her bookshelf and see for yourself. In my case, I got mine a copy of Pride of Baghdad (thanks to ComicVine) 'cause she likes reading and looking at the art you can't go wrong with it. Good luck either way mate!
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Ihmishylje
@CaptainObvious said:
"
"
She's not into westerns, though I told her I'd make her watch Once Upon A Time In The West. Talking about classic films, I showed her "The Big Sleep" and she was clearly bored and annoyed by it. To which I was like "wtf is wrong with you".

She didn't like Firefly, either, however she loves Stargate. Go figure.
CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By CaptainObvious
@Ihmishylje said:
" @CaptainObvious said:
"
"
She's not into westerns, though I told her I'd make her watch Once Upon A Time In The West. Talking about classic films, I showed her "The Big Sleep" and she was clearly bored and annoyed by it. To which I was like "wtf is wrong with you".  She didn't like Firefly, either, however she loves Stargate. Go figure. "
Something is clearly wrong with your girlfriend.
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Ihmishylje
@chstupid said:

" My dick in a box! :D "

She's a nurse, not a surgeon, I don't think she could sew it back to your crotch. 

@cherub09

said:

" Okay from a girl's perspective:  Tickets to a nice event (shows you have forethought and planning skills to think ahead, and that since you thought ahead you plan on sticking with her a little while longer at least)  Take her vehicle to get it detailed inside and out (women are busy too, and this would be such a thoughtful gesture)   If you must get the Hello Kitty stuff, get a little change purse or wallet and put a heartfelt letter inside (and don't ask us here what to write in the letter ;O)   The time you put into a gift is more important than the price. Make it special, since this is your first Christmas together. "

Thanks for the input. :) It's nice to hear a girl's perspective. She doesn't have a car but I'll definitely put the note thing in there, whatever I end up getting her.

@eroticfishcake said:

" @Ihmishylje: Wouldn't think a book of surgery will do considering the chances are that she will already have those books let alone finding an interesting books exclusively about surgery. I could be wrong however, just gotta take a peek at her bookshelf and see for yourself. In my case, I got mine a copy of Pride of Baghdad (thanks to ComicVine) 'cause she likes reading and looking at the art you can't go wrong with it. Good luck either way mate! "

A comic book is something I hadn't actually considered at all. Nice one! I will certainly put it into consideration.
elbon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By elbon

Washing-up liquid what else does she need

Avatar image for killroycantkill
killroycantkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By killroycantkill

Check out Girlz Lyfe (Should be on the christmas quest list lol) it's got tons of cutesy and unique things.

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Ihmishylje
@CaptainObvious said:
"Something is clearly wrong with your girlfriend. "
Well she is a woman. And I'd hesitate to call her my girlfriend.
Undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 18

#40  Edited By Undeadpool
@Ihmishylje: Paz Lechtanin album. She was the bassist for the Smashing Pumpkins and A Perfect Circle, but her solo albums have some amazing violin work.
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By sagesebas

Socks, knee high ones

Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Ihmishylje
@Killroycantkill said:
" Check out Girlz Lyfe (Should be on the christmas quest list lol) it's got tons of cutesy and unique things. "
Jesus Christ, I think I just clicked myself into Hell. She's 25, I can't imagine she'd be into that stuff. Then again... what do I know. Hello Kitty is pretty terrible.
Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

A music player? A massage? Date at a resteraunt? Bake her a cake?

Meltac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Meltac

Perfume is a good idea, but I am certain she would enjoy a more personal gift much more. Maybe.. a little card, something funny and flirty, it could be something where you promise her something, for example some kind of date.. what do I know, and you could then spray the card with a perfume, not something very expensive, but just something that has a nice smell to it, and something that you enjoy too. And then just add that as a little side-gift. 

Jaktajj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#45  Edited By Jaktajj

I'm a Nurse (however, I'm a dude) and I can tell you one thing about women Nurses - They take Nursing real serious as it's a really traditionally female-dominant profession - so they like to be reminded that their profession is important. I got sent a link to this site from a buddy of mine:

http://t-shirts.cafepress.co.uk/nurse?page=5 

there's loads of T-shirts with like 'Nursing Rocks' and things like that which are kinda light hearted but Nursing related (I especially appreciate 'Nurse by day, Ninja by night'). I don't know her so don't know her personality or if she'd be into it but a shirt like that could be saying you care but not as heavy or loaded as a bottle of perfume or bouquet of roses-type thing? Also If your not UK based I apologise for this link - I'm certain there's a USA equivalent also!

melcene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#46  Edited By melcene
@Ihmishylje said:

" @eroticfishcake said:

" Can you tell us more about her character? Might give a little more insight in what she likes. "

Hmm. Well, she's a nurse. She likes dogs, and Hello Kitty stuff. She likes 2D platformers but can't wrap her head around polygonal games. She plays the violin and sings quite well, and listens to this weird soft trance music. She loves the Big Bang Theory and her favorite film is Legally Blonde (upon learning that I almost left her). She generally has poor taste in food. I once bought her these hand-made, really nice and expensive belgian chocolates only to learn that while she enjoyed them, she also really enjoys these horrible confectionaries nobody buys other than ironically. "
It's really difficult.  While us girls here could tell you what we might like, that's not necessarily what she might like.  Though it sounds like she might be the type to enjoy a night out to some classy musical event.   

If she likes dogs, you could get her a really cute stuffed dog of her favorite breed.  Nintendogs also has cute stuffed dogs that bark.

I mean certainly we can give you plenty ideas, but no guarantee she'd like them.
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Ihmishylje
@el_tajij said:
" I'm a Nurse (however, I'm a dude) and I can tell you one thing about women Nurses - They take Nursing real serious as it's a really traditionally female-dominant profession - so they like to be reminded that their profession is important. I got sent a link to this site from a buddy of mine:

http://t-shirts.cafepress.co.uk/nurse?page=5    there's loads of T-shirts with like 'Nursing Rocks' and things like that which are kinda light hearted but Nursing related (I especially appreciate 'Nurse by day, Ninja by night'). I don't know her so don't know her personality or if she'd be into it but a shirt like that could be saying you care but not as heavy or loaded as a bottle of perfume or bouquet of roses-type thing? Also If your not UK based I apologise for this link - I'm certain there's a USA equivalent also! "
Thanks for the tip! It does make a lot of sense, actually. She's been going on about how she's finally found her dream job...

(And I'm from Finland, by the way.)
Ihmishylje

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Ihmishylje
@melcene said:
"It's really difficult.  While us girls here could tell you what we might like, that's not necessarily what she might like.  Though it sounds like she might be the type to enjoy a night out to some classy musical event.    If she likes dogs, you could get her a really cute stuffed dog of her favorite breed.  Nintendogs also has cute stuffed dogs that bark. I mean certainly we can give you plenty ideas, but no guarantee she'd like them. "

Obviously, I'm not expecting a guaranteed success. I'm sure she'll at least appreciate the gesture, unless I buy her something retarded. I'm actually quite surprised that some of these ideas people have suggested are pretty good ones.
Mikewrestler5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Mikewrestler5

I got mine a key chain picture viewer a few years back. She seemed to like it.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#50  Edited By FancySoapsMan

pregnant