What's the worst wreck you've gotten in? Pics?

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Commando

I saw that "Post a pic of your car" thread, and I posted pictures of my truck after I rolled over a 40 foot cliff. It got me thinking, has anyone here gotten in a worse wreck than me?

So sorry if I'm not supposed to post the same pictures in two threads, but I feel like this is deserving of its own thread. What's the worst wreck you've gotten in? Obviously you're still alive to tell about it. 
What about a friend's wreck?

Here's mine. I went muddin with my friends about 6 months ago, and we were having fun just sliding around the mud. Well I decided to speed up a little. I lost control of my truck and rolled it off a 40 foot cliff. I was lucky: I had a friend in the passenger seat and he had no damage at all, just whiplash and a few bruises from his knees hitting the bottom of the dashboard. I had a broken arm from the steering wheel, and a few cracked ribs, and a few scrapes and bruises. 
We found the toolbox 30 yards away from the truck.
Now the part you've all been waiting for, pics!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
Believe it or not, she started right up after all this, and she had no damage to anything that wasn't just cosmetic.

Here's what she looks like now(after the $1000 cosmetic repairs).
No Caption Provided

Mine looks bad, but I was lucky. I'm sure some of you kids in high school know someone who died while drinking and driving. About 2 years ago when I was a junior in high school, I was at a party. Everyone was drinking, but most of us had sober rides home. One guy in the grade above me decided he was sober enough to drive. He drove his friends home and dropped them off at home. Shortly after, he was going about 40 mph through a neighborhood where he hit a speed bump, and was launched through the windshield. He crawled about a quarter mile, and passed out into a coma. His parents got worried because he wasn't home yet, and called the police, where they found him and took him to a hospital. He died the next day in the hospital. He apparently wasn't wearing his seatbelt. So just a reminder to everyone to be careful when you're drinking. We've all said we won't drink and drive, yet we've all done it(by the way I wasn't drinking when I rolled my truck off a cliff).
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CL60

I ruined my 1967 Camaro when i crashed into a pole.

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Commando
CL60 said:
"I ruined my 1967 Camaro when i crashed into a pole."
That's a waste of a classic. Well I like the '69 better, but the '67 is good too. I would've restored it if it was possible.
LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By LiquidPrince
CL60 said:
Did you fix that baby up?
Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Kinarion

Young lass ran a red coming off the freeway right in front of me in LA.  Ended up hitting her door head-on at about 40.  I was driving barefoot and my foot basically wrapped around the brake pedal when we crashed.  Didn't do much walking for a while after that.

Car: totaled.  Foot: healed.  Moral: Shoes.

CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CL60
LiquidPrince said:
"CL60 said:
Did you fix that baby up?"
Of course! It was expensive as fuck though.
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Sticky_Pennies

One time my foot slipped passed the brake, hitting the gas, while backing out of my driveway and I backed into a tree. It dented my bumper. ):

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Jayge_

Google Nikki Catsouras. Then question why you're glorifying car crashes.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By PercyChuggs

I was in a car crash where the other dude died. My car died at a red light. Was just sitting there, light was still red, and this 88 year old dude, who was reading a map and not paying attention, plowed into me from behind (that sounds hot, i know). I was on my way to EB to trade in some games, and the first thing I did after it happened was look around to make sure my games were ok.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By Black_Rose
Jayge said:
"Google Nikki Catsouras. Then question why you're glorifying car crashes."
I definitely didn't need to see that
PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PercyChuggs
Black_Rose said:
"Jayge said:
I definitely didn't need to see that"
After I saw it, I got a hankerin' for some watermelon.
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_

I never said to look at her sundered skull. You could easily just read a news story.

PercyChuggs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PercyChuggs
Jayge said:
"I never said to look at her sundered skull. You could easily just read a news story."
You expect me to NOT look at pictures when the words "18 year old" and "MySpace" are involved?
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By RandomHero666

Car crashes arent cool, not outside of burnout.
My brother has one of the old Celica's, pretty nice car until some stupid bitch in a saxo slammed into the side of him, Saxo was a write off, celica had the right side flattened.
Consider the fact he just left his house 30 seconds before that and his 2 year old son and wife weren't in the car. I'd say car crashes are one of the scariest things that can happen someone.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#15  Edited By Black_Rose
PercyChuggs said:
"After I saw it, I got a hankerin' for some watermelon."
You're an asshole

Jayge said:
"I never said to look at her sundered skull. You could easily just read a news story."

The first google link had the pictures, I didn't know what I was getting into.
Kinarion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By Kinarion
Jayge said:

You see, to me, this thread was all about life.  Some bitch ran a red and could have killed me or left me seriously fucked up.  Instead, I walked (limped) away.  You bet I was thankful.
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
Jayge said:
... o_O
Well. Okay then. That was an experience.
RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By RandomHero666
AnimZero said:
"Jayge said:
... o_OWell. Okay then. That was an experience."
I've seen more disturbing things on the internet, but seeing wat she looked like beforehand, and knowing the story behind it, makes it much worse.
Sticky_Pennies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Sticky_Pennies
RandomHero666 said:
"AnimZero said:
"Jayge said:
I've seen more disturbing things on the internet, but seeing wat she looked like beforehand, and knowing the story behind it, makes it much worse."
My thoughts exactly.
halberdierv2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By halberdierv2

my dad and I got wrecked when a car rammed into us from the right... my dad and I were alright, but the car... i think it was made into a patch-up car... but it was really trashed...

Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Commando

How am I glorifying car crashes? I posted at the bottom a sad story about my friend dieing in one, and stated I was lucky to have survived a 40 foot drop off a cliff without anyone getting hurt. How is that glorifying?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Jayge_
Commando said:
"How am I glorifying car crashes? I posted at the bottom a sad story about my friend dieing in one, and stated I was lucky to have survived a 40 foot drop off a cliff without anyone getting hurt. How is that glorifying?"
And then you go on to post pictures and make a spectacle of it, while asking for pictures from other people.
kashif1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#23  Edited By kashif1
Jayge said:
"Commando said:
"How am I glorifying car crashes? I posted at the bottom a sad story about my friend dieing in one, and stated I was lucky to have survived a 40 foot drop off a cliff without anyone getting hurt. How is that glorifying?"
And then you go on to post pictures and make a spectacle of it, while asking for pictures from other people.
"
crashes are cool to look at if you know noone has died
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Jayge_
kashif1 said:
"Jayge said:
"Commando said:
"
crashes are cool to look at if you know noone has died"
That's deep.
CL60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CL60
AnimZero said:
"RandomHero666 said:
"AnimZero said:
"Jayge said:
I've seen more disturbing things on the internet, but seeing wat she looked like beforehand, and knowing the story behind it, makes it much worse."
My thoughts exactly."
Disturbing.
Commando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Commando
kashif1 said:
"Jayge said:
"Commando said:
"
crashes are cool to look at if you know noone has died"
Yeah that was why I felt like I could post it. I thought the story was pretty funny. How often do you hear of a guy driving his truck off a cliff? Not too often. It's like your girlfriend tripping and falling on her face: if she's hurt you comfort her, if she gets right back up and pretends like it never happened you laugh your ass off. Plus if anyone here has been in a wreck, they're obviously alive if they're posting about it. 
Also, don't you always stare and get curious when you see a wreck on the side of the road? You feel like you NEED to know what happened.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By penguindust

Back in college I took a turn too fast, bounced off a guard rail over looking a fraternity , spun across the road in the opposite direction and slammed into a sorority.  Needless to say, I totaled the car, but walked away unharmed.  Lesson for the day kids...nothing good ever happens after 1 am in the morning.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jayge_
Commando said:
"
Also, don't you always stare and get curious when you see a wreck on the side of the road? You feel like you NEED to know what happened.
"
The only time I ever did that was when I drove past the wreck of a car that hit a moose. Except you could tell what happened, because the moose was where the engine block used to be. It had to be euthanized.
sparky_buzzsaw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 42

#29  Edited By sparky_buzzsaw

When I was a teenager, I was making a left hand turn in a Ford Aerostar minivan.  A jackass doing about forty behind me broadsided and t-boned me pretty badly.  My head went through the driver's side window, but I didn't end up with anything wrong.  Just a few scrapes and bruises.  Had he been going a little faster, it could have seriously hurt me or my passenger.