Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Jadeskye

No Caption Provided
Kinsey was one of the first scientists to actually look into the baselines of human sexuality. He compiled some of the best examples of written information regarding sexuality in history. This is his scale (or a simplified version) Where do you sit on it? 

Edit: Also worth mentioning that almost everyone Kinsey ever profiled qualified as a 1 or higher. That is to say, Everyone is a little bit Bisexual. 

Edit: Some people are perplexed by numbers! The scale represents your concious and subconcious attraction to the same sex. Feelings of physical appeal or homoerotic dreams could class as a 1 or higher. stronger concious levels of attraction will class higher.  
A 0 might indicate that you have never looked at another member of your gender and gauged their attraction. 

Edit: @BeachThunder: noted that i forgot X. I did *sadface* If you are Asexual i apologise for not giving you a poll place. mark in the comments :D
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
gunslingerNZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By gunslingerNZ

I'm a 0 but as far as I can tell this scale needs just 5 categories: hetero, more hetero than homo, equal, more homo than hetero and homo. I think this scale is a little flawed.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jadeskye
@gunslingerNZ: take it up with Kinsey :p the dude researched this for decades.
Mars_Cleric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Mars_Cleric

I haven't done any tests but I'm probably like a 2, I do appreciate I good lokking fella
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Animasta

4 I guess?

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#8  Edited By BeachThunder

You forgot X!

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Kiemoe

Is a 0 where you would get grossed out if you touched a dudes hand accidentally, or where you just would never bang one..? These are the hard hitting questions.

angelfan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#10  Edited By angelfan91

Shouldn't there be some sort of quiz to go with this?
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jadeskye
@Kiemoe: lol as i understand it, the scale represents your concious and subconcious attraction to the opposite sex. Have you ever has a homoerotic dream? thought a person from your own gender was physically appealing? 

that would probably qualify as a one.
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Red12b

@gunslingerNZ
I'm a 0 but as far as I can tell this scale needs just 5 categories: hetero, more hetero than homo, equal, more homo than hetero and homo. I think this scale is a little flawed.     

Fucking Funny, 

Is pushing back Homo?  

I dunno,  
What's homo, Giving or receiving?
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Red12b

Is it gay to have a dick in your mouth, as I may have to change my answer...

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14  Edited By Animasta
@Red12b said:
" Is it gay to have a dick in your mouth, as I may have to change my answer... "
only if you enjoy it

then it's totally not gay
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#15  Edited By Icemael

I've never, ever been physically attracted to another man. So 0. 

Unless Kinsley counts dudes that look like chicks. In that case, 1. (This one time I saw a picture of a hot Japanese chick, and it turned out to be a dude. The idea of her... him having a penis completely killed any attraction, though.)

Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Red12b

@Laketown      

So that's on the down low then?  

Good to know.
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#18  Edited By Jeust
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By Termite

I like how everybody thinks they're at a 0, although the OP clearly states that almost everybody Kinsey profiled got at least a 1. Everybody's letting their homophobia get ahead of their reading ability. 

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jadeskye
@Termite: this is a surprisingly fun experiment :D i'm also glad that nearly 10% have stated they're a 4 or higher. Giantbomb Diversity DAWG!
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Red12b

I voted 2, I can appreciate a good looking bloke, I won't go there But I can admit that good looking people are good looking regardless of gender.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BeachThunder
@Red12b:  Acknowledging that someone of the same gender is attractive isn't the same as having feelings for someone of the same gender though =/
Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Icemael
@Termite said:
" I like how everybody thinks they're at a 0, although the OP clearly states that almost everybody Kinsey profiled got at least a 1. Everybody's letting their homophobia get ahead of their reading ability.  "
On the contrary; their reading ability is exactly what they're making use of. Beyond "0 = Exclusively heterosexual" and "6 = Exclusively homosexual" no explanation for the scale is offered. What does it matter if almost everyone Kinsley profiled got at least a 1? Am I supposed to ignore the only information I've got -- that 0 means exclusively heterosexual, and that I've never been physically attracted to a man (with the exception of one that looked like a woman, and that I was only attracted to until I found out the truth) -- and instead base my choice on statistics?
Red12b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Red12b

Well,

This really needs to be a survey then, I am not a homophobe, and by saying 0 isin't that what you are saying?

My mates take the piss by acting gay but they are straight, so I still think I am 2, I don't know,

I don't have feelings of lust towards another man, but I do spend more time with my mates hanging out than with any of my Ex's,

This poll is flawed then.

Hourai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By Hourai

I voted for 2. I wouldn't have sex with a man or get involved with one romantically, but that isn't to say I haven't been attracted to a few. 

Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26  Edited By Cube

6 for Freddie Mercury.

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jadeskye
@Cube said:
" 6 for Freddie Mercury. "
Lol yes.
Heylook

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Heylook

I can find a man and a woman both equally attractive but I would say I'm straight, at least given my current state of mind and the fact that I've been dating a girl for 3 years, we make woopie quite often. That being said, life is very unpredictable and well, yes.
Cube

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29  Edited By Cube
@jadeskye said:
" @Cube said:
" 6 for Freddie Mercury. "
Lol yes. "
The guys who say they wouldn't go gay for FM are probably really gay. 

I am very much a straight man, but god damn.
ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@Termite said:
" I like how everybody thinks they're at a 0, although the OP clearly states that almost everybody Kinsey profiled got at least a 1. Everybody's letting their homophobia get ahead of their reading ability.  "
I am really a liar. 1.
wefwefasdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 1

#31  Edited By wefwefasdf
@Red12b: Nah, I think it is just talking about sexual attraction. Personally, I haven't had any homoerotic dreams or ever been attracted to another guy sexually. That would make me a 0. Not because I am homophobic... because I'm not.
fourby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fourby

I picked 2 on the poll but I dunno... 3 maybe?

mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mutha3
@Termite said:

or

you know

some men just aren't attracted to  other males. MINDBLOWING
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Jeust
@mutha3 said:

" @Termite said:

or  you know  some people just arem't attracted tp males. "
Probability is against you on this one baby. :p
mutha3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mutha3
@Jeust said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @Termite said:
Probability is against you on this one. :p "
Can't really make that claim without knowing how many people kinsley did his test, no?

Besides, I'm pretty sure I never felt sexual attraction to a male!

i think...internet traps don't count GODDAMIT
Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jeust
@mutha3 said:
" @Jeust said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @Termite said:
Can't really make that claim without knowing how many people kinsley did his test, no?  Besides, I'm pretty sure I never felt sexual attraction to a male!    i think...internet traps don't count GODDAMIT "
Now don't they? hmmmmm
fishinwithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By fishinwithguns

Yea...everyone's at least a little gay.  I mean I can tell if a guy is attractive or not, that's as far to the right as I go, so I guess a 1 or 2?

Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Jadeskye
@Jeust said:

" @mutha3 said:

" @Jeust said:
" @mutha3 said:
" @Termite said:
Can't really make that claim without knowing how many people kinsley did his test, no?  Besides, I'm pretty sure I never felt sexual attraction to a male!    i think...internet traps don't count GODDAMIT "
Now don't they? hmmmmm "
Well for the record kinsey profiled thousands of people from all backgrounds, genders and ages ^^ it's his research that forms the basis of the 10% homosexual population estimation.
Termite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#39  Edited By Termite
@Icemael said:
" @Termite said:
On the contrary; their reading ability is exactly what they're making use of. Beyond "0 = Exclusively heterosexual" and "6 = Exclusively homosexual" no explanation for the scale is offered. What does it matter if almost everyone Kinsley profiled got at least a 1? Am I supposed to ignore the only information I've got -- that 0 means exclusively heterosexual, and that I've never been physically attracted to a man (with the exception of one that looked like a woman, and that I was only attracted to until I found out the truth) -- and instead base my choice on statistics? "
Given that, I assume, Kinsley profiled a lot of people, and most of them scored 1 or higher, the norm is one or higher. So, either Giant Bomb is for some reason far more exclusively heterosexual than the general population, or people are being unreasonable. I find the former preposterous, as there's no reason why this community should have that much variation from the norm. And no, I'm not saying you should base your choice on statistics, I'm saying that the results so far are completely at odds with what we should expect, and that it's likely because people are afraid to admit that they're anything other than some manly lumberjack. 

And yes, the information provided is rather scarce. I don't remember having any homoerotic dreams or ever being attracted to a man, but since the subconscious is at play here, and self-evaluation of something like that is impossible, I'm going to say I'm a 1. In the absence of solid evidence, it's better to gravitate towards the norm than the extremes.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Jadeskye
@Termite: that could be the wisest post i've ever read on GB.
tebbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41  Edited By tebbit

I picked zero, but I meant 1-2. CHANGE MY VOTE NOW!!

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

#42  Edited By Yummylee

I'd say 2.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Icemael
@Termite said:
"And no, I'm not saying you should base your choice on statistics"
@Termite said:
"it's better to gravitate towards the norm than the extremes."
So what you're saying is that I shouldn't base my choice on statistics, but on... statistics. Okay. 

I am of the opinion that you should work with what you have. If you later get ahold of information that gives you reason to change your decision, change your decision then; doing it preemptively makes no sense. It's like answering "2" on a survey asking "How much do you like peanuts on a scale of 1-5" even though you can't stand peanuts, because almost everyone the dude who made the scale ever studied liked peanuts at least a little bit.
Tennmuerti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By Tennmuerti

How does one know where one stands?
I know I'm not a 0 or a 6, what determines if I'm a 2 or a 3???
Is there supposed to be a test to go along with this scale?

zombie2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By zombie2011

Well i do like watching the movie 300 alot so................I'm a 4.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By BeachThunder
@Termite said:
I'm saying that the results so far are completely at odds with what we should expect, and that it's likely because people are afraid to admit that they're anything other than some manly lumberjack. "
Well, I think it's safe to say that there are far fewer females here than what one would expect from the general population. Surely you don't think the majority of users are lying about their gender... 

Perhaps there really are more 0s here compared to the population. What makes you think the majority of people here are lying (more so than any one else)? Perhaps it's just the case that GiantBomb members (and possibly by extension - "gamers") are more likely to be 0. I guess it would be interesting to see the results from other sources about homosexuality and video games. 

Honestly though, I find it silly that you're jumping to conclusions that are not supported by the poll's results. *Possibly* people are afraid and lying, but we have to look at what data we have and I don't really see anything that supports your "manly lumberjack" theory.
Jadeskye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Jadeskye
@zombie2011 said:
"

Well i do like watching the movie 300 alot so................I'm a 4.

"
lol awesome answer.  I love 300 so clearly i'm a 6.
DrPockets000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By DrPockets000

3-4 out of these, but X if it were an option.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#49  Edited By Scooper

1. I can reconise a good looking guy, but have no homoerotic thoughts whatsoever, but everyone can do that. I don't believe there's guys out there that literaly can't tell the difference between a good looking guy or not. I can see that but that's doesn't mean I want to get anywhere near him or think about blowing him off, that thought makes me sick. Anyone who puts 0 is insecure in my book and is frightend that people in the playground will point at them and call them gay if they mention they can tell if a man is good looking.

Mcfart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mcfart

1-2