Which character would you take to go on a dangerous adventure with?

• 54 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By veektarius

I came into this post expecting the ability to answer "Garrus Vakarian"

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NTM

@Veektarius: I was going to add "someone else", and it's not that Garrus isn't a great choice, but I wanted to choose these three since they're similar and I'm imagining adventures that they go on. I just didn't want people to choose anyone 'cause I felt this was a little more interesting.

inkerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By inkerman

Nathan Drake, because in addition to being kickass, he'd also be a great wingman.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Yeah, I was going to say Snake from the MGS games (specifically MGS3 era "Naked Snake"). He has mad survival skills.

Of those guys...Well, Indy's kinda old now, so I'd go with Drake.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Vinny_Says

Lt. General Shepard, he's a good american soldier, and they can never do wrong.

DragonNinja789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DragonNinja789

The Man in wants to pick Lara, but the Bro in me wants to pick Drake...

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By CaLe

Lara Croft. And I'd only bring one sleeping bag if you know what I mean, and I think you do. Ohhh yeaahhhhh. Giggidy. Bow-chika-wow-wow.

Yeah, you know what I'm talkin' about.
mandude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mandude

Nathan Drake seems like a nice person to be around. Lara seems like she'd leave me for dead, and Indy seems like he'd get me killed.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Ares42

Drake ofc. Having an "always cheerful" genocidal maniac on your side should get you through any danger :P

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Zombie_

@mandude said:

Nathan Drake seems like a nice person to be around. Lara seems like she'd leave me for dead, and Indy seems like he'd get me killed.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By ArtisanBreads

I initially thought Lara for obvious and selfish sexual reasons... but she seems like she has no personality. I'd pick Drake. You can have more fun and go pick up chicks afterwards. Or you can grab the "other" love interest that ends up showing up he leaves for the nice one.

I love Indy but he doesn't always do well with the side kicks. They can disappear and not reappear in a sequel or outright die.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By NTM

@MooseyMcMan: He can be in his prime. At his best, it doesn't have to be their current selves.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By crazyleaves
@ArtisanBreads

I initially thought Lara for obvious and selfish sexual reasons... but she seems like she has no personality. I'd pick Drake. You can have more fun and go pick up chicks afterwards. Or you can grab the "other" love interest that ends up showing up he leaves for the nice one.

If Indy doesn't win this I'll be godamned. The reason I love Uncharted is because it rips off the Indiana Jones films so well. Plus, I get to shoot dudes.
veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By veektarius

@NTM said:

@Veektarius: I was going to add "someone else", and it's not that Garrus isn't a great choice, but I wanted to choose these three since they're similar and I'm imagining adventures that they go on. I just didn't want people to choose anyone 'cause I felt this was a little more interesting.

Because you chose to explain, I will take the time to decide within your parameters... I don't have a PS3 so Drake won't come with me, which leaves me choosing between Harrison Ford & Angelina Jolie, and since I don't want a million kids I went with Harrison Ford.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@crazyleaves said:

@ArtisanBreads

If Indy doesn't win this I'll be godamned. The reason I love Uncharted is because it rips off the Indiana Jones films so well. Plus, I get to shoot dudes.

Wait so you're saying Indy? A lot more fisticuffs then shooting dudes with Indy I'd guess.

I do like Uncharted but I feel like I am betraying Indy with my vote... he was the original.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Indiana Jones because I could just pretend he's Han Solo.

musubi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By musubi

Obviously I'd want to shelter and protect Lara because shes a woman.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Justin258

@CaLe said:

Lara Croft. And I'd only bring one sleeping bag if you know what I mean, and I think you do. Ohhh yeaahhhhh. Giggidy. Bow-chika-wow-wow.

Have fun with those triangles!

Anyway, I'd probably just stay home.

Avatar image for deactivated-6510b42705eab
deactivated-6510b42705eab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I guess out of those three I would pick Nathan Drake.

crazyleaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crazyleaves
@ArtisanBreads

@crazyleaves said:

@ArtisanBreads

Wait so you're saying Indy? A lot more fisticuffs then shooting dudes with Indy I'd guess.

I do like Uncharted but I feel like I am betraying Indy with my vote... he was the original.

I like Uncharted because I get to shoot dudes.
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By NTM

@Veektarius: Well, you don't, as I wasn't, have to to think about Angelina Jolie's Lara, it can simply be the character from the games, and you also seem to be choosing between Indiana Jones and Angelina Jolie, not Lara Croft. Ha ha, but OK.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By NTM

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Meh to Han Solo. Deckard on the other hand. Actually I just like Blade Runner better than Star Wars, that's the only reason.

Echofoxz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Echofoxz

It would be awesome and hilarious if I can go on an adventure with Zimos from Saints Row: The Third, who talks completely in auto-tune, but apparently that is not an option. So, Nathan Drake it is.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72
deactivated-5c7ea8553cb72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

@NTM said:

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Meh to Han Solo. Deckard on the other hand. Actually I just like Blade Runner better than Star Wars, that's the only reason.

Wow, I never thought about him being Deckard. That is a fantastic idea, and I hereby change my answer to pretending that he is Rick Deckard.

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#26  Edited By KillyDarko

Alyx Vance. Oh, from those 3...? Sadly, I'm not familiar enough with Nathan Drake to have a proper opinion and Indiana Jones would be a decrepit old man by now, so I guess Lara Croft.....? Maybe?

Arbie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By Arbie

@Veektarius said:

I came into this post expecting the ability to answer "Garrus Vakarian"

I'd have liked to have chosen him too. But maybe mostly for the same reasons most guys here wanted to choose Lara Croft.

Indiana Jones was my choice though. He's pretty nifty and stuff. Has a cool hat.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MezZa

Drake. He seems like a cooler person to hang out with.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By landon

You people picking Drake are morons. I like Drake too, he's awesome, but what's gonna happen when he gets into trouble and hands you a gun? You will be forced to kill dozens upon dozens of people. Can you deal with that trauma?!

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#30  Edited By crusader8463

I never liked Indiana and Nathan always kind of annoyed me. I liked the Tomb Raider movies and wouldn't object to getting to follow behind Lara Croft in any of her incarnations so I picked her.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#31  Edited By BoG

As long as it's the new Lara Croft, i'll take her. The old one was too Angelina Jolie for my taste, and not all that attractive. It's it's classic Lara, I'll go with Drake. He's funny.

Gravier251

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Gravier251

Nathan Drake is amusing and has some pretty good luck. Main cast around him tend to fare well alongside him (and can climb pretty well too). Also the guy is capable of mercilessly gunning down thousands, along with Nazi ghouls and Tibetan super mutants.

Indiana Jones is a nice somewhat amusing guy, but just has the hat and whip along with some underwhelming supporting characters.

Lara Croft is very much a snobbish loner (old Lara). Men around her tend to suffer. Everyone she knows she barely talks to, and they have a habit of a)dying b)being evil. Or a combination thereof. Also she has a habit of decimating the local wildlife while spinning back and forth in the air and smashing ancient relics in persuit of things, rather than careful inspection.

New Lara I haven't seen enough of to comment on, but she certainly seems more human. Too early to really say though so i'll go with Nathan Drake. He can handle the action, is uncannily lucky, in so far as always falling/getting hurt, but in a way that avoids death. He can reason out and explore in a more methodical manner and his companions in his exploits are a nice bunch with a good track record for not getting shot, murdered, devoured by wolves, etc. That Lara's tend to.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#33  Edited By sjschmidt93

Maybe I could get lucky with Lara.... and Drake would crack the best jokes .... but Indiana Jones is probably the smartest and most experienced of the bunch and therefore the right answer.

Avatar image for darkdragonmage99
darkdragonmage99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By darkdragonmage99

I choose other I'd bring Urdnot Wrex from mass effect

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By AngelN7

@Landon said:

You people picking Drake are morons. I like Drake too, he's awesome, but what's gonna happen when he gets into trouble and hands you a gun? You will be forced to kill dozens upon dozens of people. Can you deal with that trauma?!

[insert Nolan North's witty joke about the situation] trauma? I'm kidding!... Bang! Ha-ha! right Nate?!

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ArtisanBreads

Nate could also teach you how to half tuck your shirt just so. Bonus points.

herocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By herocide

@believer258 said:

@CaLe said:

Have fun with those triangles!

Anyway, I'd probably just stay home.

Check out those front-loaded anvils!

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#38  Edited By pyromagnestir

With Nate I'd probably die trying to follow him up a cliff or building. With Lara I'd probably die walking into a trap whilst trying to peek down her shirt. With Indy I think we'd have a pretty sweet adventure and in the end I'd be alright.

So obviously the answer is Lara.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Xeiphyer

The obvious choice is C, heheheheh.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By dillonwerner

Indiana Jones, he got that little kid out of the Temple of Doom if I remember correctly..

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By toowalrus

Nolan North!

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SmilingPig

I would go with the new moaning Lara that needs protecting by a big strong nerd.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By BabyChooChoo

Blah blah blah Lara is a woman and all blah blah blah, but Nathan Drake is fucking awesome.

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By MezZa

@ArtisanBreads said:

Nate could also teach you how to half tuck your shirt just so. Bonus points.

Oh shit didn't think of that. Even happier with my choice now.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NTM

Since we're talking about this, now that I've played Uncharted 3 (and it being an amazing game), I feel like I can now think about the newer games coming out like the new Tomb Raider.

Socialone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Socialone

I don't like killing people and mutants so much but solving clever riddles and puzzles is cool. Go Indy. He's also funny without trying too hard *cough drake cough*, a more subtle deadpan humor.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ArtisanBreads

@SmilingPig said:

I would go with the new moaning Lara that needs protecting by a big strong nerd.

RAPE CULTURE!

xymox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49  Edited By xymox

Indy will get me dead, so he's out. Nathan is probably a good choise for long-term survival. As for Lara, she'd friendzone me, so I'd rather go with the early, self-reliant Lara. Then I don't have to baby her around so much and I think it would turn out more fun. Going to weird ruins and caves, getting attacked by bats and tigers, grabbing our noses when we run into walls... Good times. Plus, she has a mansion and butler. Nice place to stay between adventures.

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By SlightConfuse

Captain price