Will Republicans win back the House, Senate or both? Predictions! (Question of the Day 9-28-10)

• 60 results
astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By astrotriforce
astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By astrotriforce

I think they will be taking both to win back Congress from the Democrats. It's definitely going to be interesting.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By Video_Game_King

That's a loaded question, isn't it? Where's the "they will not win either one" option? Or the "I don't give a shit" option?

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

I certainly hope not!

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By astrotriforce
@Video_Game_King said:
" That's a loaded question, isn't it? Where's the "they will not win either one" option? Or the "I don't give a shit" option? "
No it's a real question that's in the news everyday. I didn't think about winning neither one cause that's never discussed, but in hindsight I think I should've added that. But this is about which they will win anyway. I almost put an "I don't give a flying f" answer but everyone would probably pick that one and it'd syphon off votes from the question being asked, so as usual I didn't put that answer down.
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Famov

The political maneuvering throughout the making of the Health Care bill has done nothing but help the Republicans, and we may see the fallout of that this November.

On a more local level (Michigan), the Republicans are expected to win a lot of seats, and they have a shot at the governor's seat. I kinda like Snyder and I might vote for him.

But that'll be the extent that I vote for the GOP this fall. There's an undercurrent running throughout the Tea Party wing of the Republicans that makes it difficult for moderates like me to feel like I belong.

EDIT: Because my sentence structure sucked, and probably still does.

citizenkane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 106

#7  Edited By citizenkane

Neither.  They'll gain some seats, as does every minority party after a huge victory by the majority party 2 years before, but Democrats will still have control of both House and Senate.

Levio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#8  Edited By Levio

Lol why not have a 4th option that says "Probably one or the other" and a 5th that says "Democrats don't stand a chance"

Terra1909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Terra1909

There should be an option that says "does it really matter anyway?"  

'Cuz it doesn't.
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#10  Edited By JJWeatherman
@CitizenKane said:
" Neither.  They'll gain some seats, as does every minority party after a huge victory by the majority party 2 years before, but Democrats will still have control of both House and Senate. "
We can only hope.
FourWude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FourWude
@iplaygames said:
" There should be an option that says "does it really matter anyway?"   'Cuz it doesn't. "
This. It's all bullshit either way.

If the Republicans take the majority on both, name me ONE genuine thing they'll do to improve the nation. And I mean actually implement.
Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Alex_Murphy

People should be voting for independents and Libertarians. But people don't vote for who they want to be elected, they vote for who has the best chance of beating the guy they hate.

Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Popogeejo

This is a stupid question and "But it's in the media" doesn't excuse it for being stupid. Also, what news only talks about the possibility of the Reps winning? Are you just watching FOX? 

Not that it matters seeing Congress and the Senate can't do anything remotely useful when it comes to issues that actually matter no matter who is in the majority.

Manatassi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Manatassi

Can we have a none of the above option? 

After the disaster that was Bush I cant see them getting back in any time soon. Surely the American voting public aren't that stupi...   

Never mind.

Meowshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Meowshi

Even when Democrats have the majority of the seats, they never get anything done.  It really doesn't matter.  

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Famov

Have we really all given up on the system? I do not believe that this level of apathy is justified.

scarace360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By scarace360

There is no option for neither or dont care?

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By Aronman789

I don't give a shit, and actually when you think about it, it should be the independents that should be striking out against what the government has caused, not the people who caused it

deusdigit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By deusdigit
@Aronman789 said:
" I don't give a shit, and actually when you think about it, it should be the independents that should be striking out against what the government has caused, not the people who caused it "
And the libertarians xD
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Video_Game_King
@astrotriforce: 

But you're still ignoring a major option and supposing that the Republicans are gonna kick ass this November, guaranteed. What if they don't?
sagesebas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By sagesebas
@astrotriforce: This is a terrible question.
blair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By blair

Oh fuck, I hope they win both.

astrotriforce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By astrotriforce
@Video_Game_King said:
" @astrotriforce:   But you're still ignoring a major option and supposing that the Republicans are gonna kick ass this November, guaranteed. What if they don't? "
Well that'd be like saying Obama wasn't going to win last November. You can say it but it's not realistic. 

So the question was HOW big you think they're win would be. That's why I didn't include a non option. But like I said in hindsight I think I should've included "I don't think they'll win any" but that probably would've won just cause most people don't like the GOP here. And I like to keep the questions basic. 

@Popogeejo said:
" This is a stupid question and "But it's in the media" doesn't excuse it for being stupid. Also, what news only talks about the possibility of the Reps winning? Are you just watching FOX?  Not that it matters seeing Congress and the Senate can't do anything remotely useful when it comes to issues that actually matter no matter who is in the majority. "
You obviously don't pay attention, whether it's CNN or Yahoo News or New York Times or CSPAN or talk radio that's the question, how big will the win be. And yes I love Fox News.  

@CitizenKane said:
" Neither.  They'll gain some seats, as does every minority party after a huge victory by the majority party 2 years before, but Democrats will still have control of both House and Senate. "
Bold prediction! :P So we'll see what happens. I think they'll take Congress. 
damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By damnboyadvance

I hope they get at least one back. There are obviously problems if every single Republican votes against certain bills.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King
@astrotriforce: 

It would still help to have the option. I doubt that including a "they will not win a majority in either the House or the Senate" would complicate it to the point of insanity. Adding mu, on the other hand...
Popogeejo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Popogeejo
@damnboyadvance: That's just basic partisan hackery both sides take part in. 
"It's by the other guys so I'll be dammed if I'm voting for it." 
Avatar image for whitebrightknight
WhiteBrightKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's ironic in the Bush era how it took democrats like 7 years to win back the house but after Obama is trying to clean up after Bush the Rapublicans will probably regain control after only 2.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#28  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

Republicans, democrats, it does matter, we'll all get fried as soon as the Space Invaders reach Earth.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Likely, the minds of Americans, and their governmental system is very simplistic most of the time they vote into power the opposite party of which wasn't doing a good job before. Or atleast what they assume, or are told by the media which party isn't doing good.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#30  Edited By Snipzor

Let me refer to 538's predictions. They'll win the House, not the Senate. This fact depresses me, because when this happens, the government halts to a complete stop and the Democrats look bad because of this despite republican hive mind mentality.

RJMacReady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By RJMacReady

http://www.intrade.com/jsp/intrade/common/c_cd.jsp?conDetailID=639646&z=1285724932178

Intrade puts repub house control at 73% and volume is getting heavy.
 Senate to  still be under control of the rats :( repubs not much better though...

meteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By meteora

This poll is entirely flawed and therefore this thread is flawed. 

Stupid poll is stupid. Give me another option please.

nirokogaseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By nirokogaseru

Republicans will probably win both.  When a President has a bad term, the incumbent party loses the congress.

@Gamer_152 said:

" Republicans, democrats, it does matter, we'll all get fried as soon as the Space Invaders reach Earth. "

Indeed.  2012 is approaching.  All is naught.
Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#34  Edited By Animasta
@Manatassi said:
" Can we have a none of the above option?  After the disaster that was Bush I cant see them getting back in any time soon. Surely the American voting public aren't that stupi...    Never mind. "
haha, when I lived in Oregon, I swear people had signs that said "Oregon didn't vote for bush!" it was hilarious.
Avatar image for deactivated-57aaaa9329732
deactivated-57aaaa9329732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They took our jobs!

pplus0440

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By pplus0440
@Manatassi:
lol at a long piont in bushes presidency he had the highest approval rating ever..obama sits between 50% and almsot the lowest except to bush.....so americans think he worse
Praab_NZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Praab_NZ
@CitizenKane said:
"Neither.  They'll gain some seats, as does every minority party after a huge victory by the majority party 2 years before, but Democrats will still have control of both House and Senate."

The world is hoping my friend.
Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Gabriel
@Meowshi said:
" Even when Democrats have the majority of the seats, they never get anything done.  It really doesn't matter.   "
Avatar image for ravenousrattler
Ravenousrattler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#39  Edited By Ravenousrattler

probably one, but i thought someone did this poll already

MAN_FLANNEL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By MAN_FLANNEL

Probably both.  That is both good and bad imo.

Xeiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By Xeiphyer

LOVE the poll bias. They have to win at least one apparently =P

danimal_furry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#42  Edited By danimal_furry

I think it is funny that people have voted (up to this point) that the House is all they wil take. The House of representatives is the strongest part of the Democrat reelection. I don't think people have a clue, myself included. Whatever it is, it'll be the same.

Avatar image for deactivated-630b11c195a3b
deactivated-630b11c195a3b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Republicans have a unique ability of not just fucking up the US but the entire world as well they brought us into two wars and almost a recession.

one_2nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#44  Edited By one_2nd

They'll win both, making this country less shitty..

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#45  Edited By recroulette
@astrotriforce said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" That's a loaded question, isn't it? Where's the "they will not win either one" option? Or the "I don't give a shit" option? "
No it's a real question that's in the news everyday. I didn't think about winning neither one cause that's never discussed, but in hindsight I think I should've added that. But this is about which they will win anyway. I almost put an "I don't give a flying f" answer but everyone would probably pick that one and it'd syphon off votes from the question being asked, so as usual I didn't put that answer down. "
This man knows his statistics.
me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46  Edited By me3639

Doesn't matter unless you are part of the 1% you are fucked.

Turambar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Turambar
@astrotriforce:   They might have a shot at the House.  But the Senate?  Forget about it.
toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By toowalrus
@Famov said:
" The political maneuvering throughout the making of the Health Care bill has done nothing but help the Republicans, and we may see the fallout of that this November.  On a more local level (Michigan), the Republicans are expected to win a lot of seats, and they have a shot at the governor's seat. I kinda like Snyder and I might vote for him. But that'll be the extent that I vote for the GOP this fall. There's an undercurrent running throughout the Tea Party wing of the Republicans that makes it difficult for moderates like me to feel like I belong.  EDIT: Because my sentence structure sucked, and probably still does. "
Thank God, that Granholm stole my $1500 scholarship. Asshole.
CRAzYKiLL3R93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By CRAzYKiLL3R93

Its a poor question, even if its less then likely that they'll hang on to both houses, its not unlikely. With your logic we might as well exclude 3rd parties and independents from the ballot because they'll never win. 

It doesnt really matter anyway, the US system is pretty broken. Needing 60/100 votes in the senate to do anything is illogical, it gives the opposition way too much power, they're the opposition for a reason.  And having opposite party control of the legislative and executive leads to the president vetoing and gridlock. So the election doesnt really mean that much

Parliamentary systems make more sense, they normally have multiple parties and are based on simple 50% +1 rules. The executive have to have at least 50% of the seats in parliament to rule with or without help from other parties, because otherwise they wouldn't get things done. 

darkstorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By darkstorn
@deusdigit: 
The Libertarians have the Tea Party...