• 65 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

inspired by This thread, and the old thread about the greatest covers ever. 
 
i would pick.... Fall Out Boy covering Pantera's "Walk"  (embedding disabled.. what a bitch)
 
 
P.S. "Punk Goes songs not preferable" = try not to choose songs from one of the Punk Goes albums, cuz thats concentrated coverage and its like shooting fish in a barrel. BUT, if you insist that the worst cover is from one of those songs, go ahead and post it. 
 
 
Funny thing here is that some people might choose other people's Best Cover choice as the Worst Cover here xD

#2 Posted by kmdrkul (3476 posts) -

 Sorry man, but I really had to post this despite it falling under what you said.  They took one of the few hip hop songs I like and absolutely shat all over it.
 

 

#3 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

  

#4 Posted by SmasheControllers (2548 posts) -

Fall out Boy covering Beat it. I used to like them now their balls.

#5 Edited by inkeiren (989 posts) -

I've decided it's in my best interests to not listen to that cover of Chop Suey. I can only begin to imagine how horrible it is.
 
Edit: Fall Out Boy's cover of Beat It is in no way good, but it's far less bad than the other covers in this thread.

#6 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
#7 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

  

   
Limp Bizkit plays Metallica.......with mixed results.
#8 Posted by TheDoorman (534 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac:
AH MY EARS.WTF you should put a warning sign on that song.
#9 Posted by ScrubbingBubbles (150 posts) -
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
"  
   Limp Bizkit plays Metallica.......with mixed results. "
That is disgraceful. The way he's singing makes absolutely no sense within the context of the lyrics. Complete garbage.
#10 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

Please stop now you guys just made my soul scream.

#11 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@ScrubbingBubbles said:

" @Everyones_A_Critic said:

"  
   Limp Bizkit plays Metallica.......with mixed results. "
That is disgraceful. The way he's singing makes absolutely no sense within the context of the lyrics. Complete garbage. "
As a Metallica fan, what do you think of the video I posted?
#12 Posted by inkeiren (989 posts) -

 

   
Mika usually does better than this. I don't know what he was thinking.
#13 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @ScrubbingBubbles said:

" @Everyones_A_Critic said:

"  
   Limp Bizkit plays Metallica.......with mixed results. "
That is disgraceful. The way he's singing makes absolutely no sense within the context of the lyrics. Complete garbage. "
As a Metallica fan, what do you think of the video I posted? "
Honestly, I prefer the original. Metallica's version is a serviecable cover, I certainly don't hate it, but Hetfield's singing in the background just feels unecessary. I like the way the main theme sounds on guitar, but it kind of falls apart towards the end.
#14 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -

oh lord, that FOB cover is fucking terrible, their "Beat It" cover really fucking sucks too, along with katy perry's cover.

#15 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:

" @ScrubbingBubbles said:

" @Everyones_A_Critic said:

"      Limp Bizkit plays Metallica.......with mixed results. "
That is disgraceful. The way he's singing makes absolutely no sense within the context of the lyrics. Complete garbage. "
As a Metallica fan, what do you think of the video I posted? "
The Limp Bizkit video I turned off before it even hit one minute in, that is a disgraceful cover.
 
To answer your question HandsomeDead, I really couldn't get in to the cover. I've never heard the original so I can't really compare it, but I think Metallica should've avoided this cover.
#16 Posted by FlamingHobo (4482 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac: MY EARS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
#17 Posted by Intercryllic (108 posts) -

 

  THIS IS THE PINNACLE OF WRONG!
#18 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -

Actually, nothing that anyone has posted comes close to this. 
 
  

 
Seriously. If rock has died, it was because of this. The worst part is that she she changed the words, to make it more P.C. for the kids. She says, "I hope I don't die before I get old." 
 
Fuck. You. Hilary. Duff. You are evil in every sense of the word.
#19 Posted by WitchHunter_Z (882 posts) -

  Warning: Your ears may die.
 

#20 Edited by Druminator (1678 posts) -
@Intercryllic: Dude I seriously would orgasm if I could stomp those kids in the mouth. Just once haha. What is with dudes these days having hair like girls and wearing girl's clothes and thinking screaming is a talent or sounds good? This thread reaffirmed me the music has indeed gone down the drain.
 
Edit: Also, how can you even begin to consider yourself a musician or a person with the slightest bit of talent if you rape the Who like that?
#21 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

I actually like FOB's cover of "Beat It"......The Pantera cover, not so much.  
 
While it isn't really a cover in the direct sense, it "borrows" so heavily from the original song (Under Pressure) that it deserves a spot here: 
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-is6S_b_g&feature=related 
 
Every video I found was disabled by request. Sorry.

#22 Posted by Kiemoe (1055 posts) -
@Intercryllic said:
"  
  THIS IS THE PINNACLE OF WRONG! "
Aw. That's just sad. If you wanna cover that song, see Iron and Wine, you know?
#23 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
" @ScrubbingBubbles said:

" @Everyones_A_Critic said:

"  
   Limp Bizkit plays Metallica.......with mixed results. "
That is disgraceful. The way he's singing makes absolutely no sense within the context of the lyrics. Complete garbage. "
As a Metallica fan, what do you think of the video I posted? "
Metallica happens to be one of my 3 top favorite bands of all time. i just listened to that sad cover, its sad. When they play it live as an intro, its mesmerizing, but not like that. espicially with their new guitar sound *puke*
 
About this limp bizkit cover..... you're entitled to have your opinion, but if you ask me: you dont get it.  Limp Bizkit adding their fucked up touch and coming out with such a beautifully enthusiastic performance simply made my jaw drop, and it remains one of the finest live songs ive ever listened to.
#24 Posted by Shermanator (187 posts) -

I fought the law by green day

#25 Posted by ScrubbingBubbles (150 posts) -

@FlamingHobo said:

" @HandsomeDead said:

" @ScrubbingBubbles said:

" @Everyones_A_Critic said:

"      Limp Bizkit plays Metallica.......with mixed results. "
That is disgraceful. The way he's singing makes absolutely no sense within the context of the lyrics. Complete garbage. "
As a Metallica fan, what do you think of the video I posted? "
The Limp Bizkit video I turned off before it even hit one minute in, that is a disgraceful cover.  To answer your question HandsomeDead, I really couldn't get in to the cover. I've never heard the original so I can't really compare it, but I think Metallica should've avoided this cover. "


The original is great, it's from freaking Master of Puppets, which is awesomeness on a bun on a stick. The lyrics were part of what made it so great, you just took them really seriously from the singing. This is borderline rap, and complete rubbish that belongs anywhere but in someone's ears. I couldn't last more than 30 seconds.

#26 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac said:
" Actually, nothing that anyone has posted comes close to this. 
 
  
 
Seriously. If rock has died, it was because of this. The worst part is that she she changed the words, to make it more P.C. for the kids. She says, "I hope I don't die before I get old."  Fuck. You. Hilary. Duff. You are evil in every sense of the word. "
You're a master at making me wanna samurai-sword myself to sleep. i think i wanna be your friend, cuz in one week i might have the balls to fulfill my dream of committing suicide !
#27 Posted by EvilDingo (589 posts) -

Geez... I think this thread has traumatized me for life.

#28 Posted by Intercryllic (108 posts) -
@Druminator: Its sadly whats "IN" with todays youth and its sickening.
#29 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Intercryllic said:
" @Druminator: Its sadly whats "IN" with todays youth and its sickening. "
if i learned anything from life, its that you can never know whats going on in people's heads...  in the 60s they used to talk about rock music the way we talk about the new "metalcore" crap, in the 70s it was against glam rock i guess, in the 80s the new thrash sound came in and it was probably dissed like we're dissing today's bands, and in the 90s the new independent rock was the "new weird teenager crap" .. 
 
Personally im like you, disgusted by this new metalcore faggotry, but you can never know! maybe in 10 years we're gonna praise it like we praise the old genres that were dissed when they were new
#30 Posted by sgjackson (529 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Intercryllic said:
" @Druminator: Its sadly whats "IN" with todays youth and its sickening. "
if i learned anything from life, its that you can never know whats going on in people's heads...  in the 60s they used to talk about rock music the way we talk about the new "metalcore" crap, in the 70s it was against glam rock i guess, in the 80s the new thrash sound came in and it was probably dissed like we're dissing today's bands, and in the 90s the new independent rock was the "new weird teenager crap" ..  Personally im like you, disgusted by this new metalcore faggotry, but you can never know! maybe in 10 years we're gonna praise it like we praise the old genres that were dissed when they were new "
The thing that sucks about metalcore is that a lot of the bands in the genre sound exactly the same. Same guitar tone, same screaming, same songs. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a metalcore song with an overly technical riff and "growling" in the verses, some chords and clean singing in the chorus, and a terrible breakdown, I'd be a millionaire.
#31 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@sgjackson said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Intercryllic said:
" @Druminator: Its sadly whats "IN" with todays youth and its sickening. "
if i learned anything from life, its that you can never know whats going on in people's heads...  in the 60s they used to talk about rock music the way we talk about the new "metalcore" crap, in the 70s it was against glam rock i guess, in the 80s the new thrash sound came in and it was probably dissed like we're dissing today's bands, and in the 90s the new independent rock was the "new weird teenager crap" ..  Personally im like you, disgusted by this new metalcore faggotry, but you can never know! maybe in 10 years we're gonna praise it like we praise the old genres that were dissed when they were new "
The thing that sucks about metalcore is that a lot of the bands in the genre sound exactly the same. Same guitar tone, same screaming, same songs. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a metalcore song with an overly technical riff and "growling" in the verses, some chords and clean singing in the chorus, and a terrible breakdown, I'd be a millionaire. "
same here man... i never judge anything before trying to see it from all aspects and points of view, and i just cant see how anybody can find this shitty music any good... it should be exterminated.. 
#32 Posted by sgjackson (529 posts) -

In terms of picking an actual cover: Sonata Arctica managing to suck all of the emotion out of the powerful Scorpions ballad "Still Loving You" by turning it into a fairly mediocre power metal song is an achievement in and of itself.
 
 

#33 Posted by TheHBK (5474 posts) -

Even though Fallout Boy has a cool name inspired by the Simpsons, they suck.  Which I guess is Ironic considering that they seem to be the Milhouse of the music world.  Worst and most offensive cover is their cover of "Beat it"  Sometimes trying to cover a song and make it your own is wrong.  You need to at least make it as good or better, and when it is not possible, don't do it.  Because of this, I say fuck you Fallout Boy, fuck you.
#34 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -

Worst cover ever or best cover ever!?
 

#35 Posted by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac: Worst bulllshit I've ever heard..thanks
#36 Posted by get2sammyb (6412 posts) -
@Druminator: Terrible.
#37 Posted by PufferFiz (1379 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @sgjackson said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Intercryllic said:
" @Druminator: Its sadly whats "IN" with todays youth and its sickening. "
if i learned anything from life, its that you can never know whats going on in people's heads...  in the 60s they used to talk about rock music the way we talk about the new "metalcore" crap, in the 70s it was against glam rock i guess, in the 80s the new thrash sound came in and it was probably dissed like we're dissing today's bands, and in the 90s the new independent rock was the "new weird teenager crap" ..  Personally im like you, disgusted by this new metalcore faggotry, but you can never know! maybe in 10 years we're gonna praise it like we praise the old genres that were dissed when they were new "
The thing that sucks about metalcore is that a lot of the bands in the genre sound exactly the same. Same guitar tone, same screaming, same songs. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a metalcore song with an overly technical riff and "growling" in the verses, some chords and clean singing in the chorus, and a terrible breakdown, I'd be a millionaire. "
same here man... i never judge anything before trying to see it from all aspects and points of view, and i just cant see how anybody can find this shitty music any good... it should be exterminated..  "
I love metalcore/hardcore music that you very much, Honesty you can look at a lot of bands and genres and say they sound the same. Just because you don't like it does not mean it has any less merit that other bands.
#38 Posted by Arkthemaniac (6535 posts) -
@Druminator said:
" Worst cover ever or best cover ever!?
 
"
BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! 
 
The Jonas Brothers are justified now.
#39 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@SmashedControllers said:
" Fall out Boy covering Beat it. I used to like them now their balls. "
its really not that bad though dude. 
#40 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Druminator said:
" Worst cover ever or best cover ever!?
 
"
who's covering whom exactly here?
#41 Edited by Intercryllic (108 posts) -
@PufferFiz:  So youre saying these guys have merit?
 
CRABBBBBB!
#42 Posted by Poppycock (67 posts) -
@Arkthemaniac said:   
  
   
Rock and Roll: 1955-2009 Rest in Peace
#43 Posted by Druminator (1678 posts) -
@Ahmad_Metallic: I pretty sure it was just one guy that mixed it. It's a cover of a Jonas Bros song.
#44 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

I was hoping this wouldn't be a typical GiantBomb music thread. I should be less hopeful in future.

#45 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -
@PufferFiz said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @sgjackson said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Intercryllic said:
" @Druminator: Its sadly whats "IN" with todays youth and its sickening. "
if i learned anything from life, its that you can never know whats going on in people's heads...  in the 60s they used to talk about rock music the way we talk about the new "metalcore" crap, in the 70s it was against glam rock i guess, in the 80s the new thrash sound came in and it was probably dissed like we're dissing today's bands, and in the 90s the new independent rock was the "new weird teenager crap" ..  Personally im like you, disgusted by this new metalcore faggotry, but you can never know! maybe in 10 years we're gonna praise it like we praise the old genres that were dissed when they were new "
The thing that sucks about metalcore is that a lot of the bands in the genre sound exactly the same. Same guitar tone, same screaming, same songs. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a metalcore song with an overly technical riff and "growling" in the verses, some chords and clean singing in the chorus, and a terrible breakdown, I'd be a millionaire. "
same here man... i never judge anything before trying to see it from all aspects and points of view, and i just cant see how anybody can find this shitty music any good... it should be exterminated..  "
I love metalcore/hardcore music that you very much, Honesty you can look at a lot of bands and genres and say they sound the same. Just because you don't like it does not mean it has any less merit that other bands. "
you know what really sucks, when douchebags categorize the shit out of music and then there zero originality. metalcore, seriously?! how many bands are metalcore? fucking ridiculous. 
#46 Edited by Drakhir (410 posts) -

 I died a little bit inside. Not a "real" band, but still.

 

#47 Posted by Intercryllic (108 posts) -
@TwoOneFive: Metalcore/Hardcore is simply the bastard child of Punk music from back in the day. I dont mean to sound like an old bastard but the kids who think that this music is groundbreaking or great really dont know what good music is.
 
Like Ahmad_Metallic said in an earlier post, this issue repeats itself throughout time. However every generation has its share of shit that plauges the airwaves.
#48 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -
@Intercryllic said:
"I dont mean to sound like an old bastard but the kids who think that this music is groundbreaking or great really dont know what good music is. "
So what do you mean to sound like?
#49 Edited by Intercryllic (108 posts) -
@HandsomeDead: Touche
 
*insert awkward silence here*
#50 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -
@Intercryllic said:
" @HandsomeDead: Touche  *insert awkward silence here* "
haha