Worst cover songs ever? ("Punk Goes.." songs not preferable)

• 58 results
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

inspired by This thread, and the old thread about the greatest covers ever. 

i would pick.... Fall Out Boy covering Pantera's "Walk"  (embedding disabled.. what a bitch)

P.S. "Punk Goes songs not preferable" = try not to choose songs from one of the Punk Goes albums, cuz thats concentrated coverage and its like shooting fish in a barrel. BUT, if you insist that the worst cover is from one of those songs, go ahead and post it. 

Funny thing here is that some people might choose other people's Best Cover choice as the Worst Cover here xD

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kmdrkul

Sorry man, but I really had to post this despite it falling under what you said.  They took one of the few hip hop songs I like and absolutely shat all over it.

Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Avatar image for smashedcontrollers
SmasheControllers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By SmasheControllers

Fall out Boy covering Beat it. I used to like them now their balls.

inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By inkeiren

I've decided it's in my best interests to not listen to that cover of Chop Suey. I can only begin to imagine how horrible it is.

Edit: Fall Out Boy's cover of Beat It is in no way good, but it's far less bad than the other covers in this thread.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HandsomeDead
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

Limp Bizkit plays Metallica.......with mixed results.
TheDoorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By TheDoorman
@Arkthemaniac:
AH MY EARS.WTF you should put a warning sign on that song.
Avatar image for scrubbingbubbles
ScrubbingBubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ScrubbingBubbles
@Everyones_A_Critic said:
"  
   Limp Bizkit plays Metallica.......with mixed results. "
That is disgraceful. The way he's singing makes absolutely no sense within the context of the lyrics. Complete garbage.
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Druminator

Please stop now you guys just made my soul scream.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By HandsomeDead
@ScrubbingBubbles said:

" @Everyones_A_Critic said:

"  
That is disgraceful. The way he's singing makes absolutely no sense within the context of the lyrics. Complete garbage. "
As a Metallica fan, what do you think of the video I posted?
inkeiren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By inkeiren

Mika usually does better than this. I don't know what he was thinking.
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@HandsomeDead said:
" @ScrubbingBubbles said:

"  
That is disgraceful. The way he's singing makes absolutely no sense within the context of the lyrics. Complete garbage. "
As a Metallica fan, what do you think of the video I posted? "
Honestly, I prefer the original. Metallica's version is a serviecable cover, I certainly don't hate it, but Hetfield's singing in the background just feels unecessary. I like the way the main theme sounds on guitar, but it kind of falls apart towards the end.
clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#14  Edited By clubsandwich

oh lord, that FOB cover is fucking terrible, their "Beat It" cover really fucking sucks too, along with katy perry's cover.

flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By flaminghobo
@HandsomeDead said:

"  
The Limp Bizkit video I turned off before it even hit one minute in, that is a disgraceful cover.

To answer your question HandsomeDead, I really couldn't get in to the cover. I've never heard the original so I can't really compare it, but I think Metallica should've avoided this cover.
flaminghobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By flaminghobo
@Arkthemaniac: MY EARS! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Actually, nothing that anyone has posted comes close to this. 

Seriously. If rock has died, it was because of this. The worst part is that she she changed the words, to make it more P.C. for the kids. She says, "I hope I don't die before I get old." 

Fuck. You. Hilary. Duff. You are evil in every sense of the word.
WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Warning: Your ears may die.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Druminator
@Intercryllic: Dude I seriously would orgasm if I could stomp those kids in the mouth. Just once haha. What is with dudes these days having hair like girls and wearing girl's clothes and thinking screaming is a talent or sounds good? This thread reaffirmed me the music has indeed gone down the drain.

Edit: Also, how can you even begin to consider yourself a musician or a person with the slightest bit of talent if you rape the Who like that?
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually like FOB's cover of "Beat It"......The Pantera cover, not so much.  

While it isn't really a cover in the direct sense, it "borrows" so heavily from the original song (Under Pressure) that it deserves a spot here: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp-is6S_b_g&feature=related 

Every video I found was disabled by request. Sorry.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#22  Edited By Kiemoe
@Intercryllic said:
"  
  THIS IS THE PINNACLE OF WRONG! "
Aw. That's just sad. If you wanna cover that song, see Iron and Wine, you know?
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@HandsomeDead said:

"  
Metallica happens to be one of my 3 top favorite bands of all time. i just listened to that sad cover, its sad. When they play it live as an intro, its mesmerizing, but not like that. espicially with their new guitar sound *puke*

About this limp bizkit cover..... you're entitled to have your opinion, but if you ask me: you dont get it.  Limp Bizkit adding their fucked up touch and coming out with such a beautifully enthusiastic performance simply made my jaw drop, and it remains one of the finest live songs ive ever listened to.
Shermanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Shermanator

I fought the law by green day

Avatar image for scrubbingbubbles
ScrubbingBubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ScrubbingBubbles

@FlamingHobo said:

" @HandsomeDead said:

"  
The Limp Bizkit video I turned off before it even hit one minute in, that is a disgraceful cover.  To answer your question HandsomeDead, I really couldn't get in to the cover. I've never heard the original so I can't really compare it, but I think Metallica should've avoided this cover. "

The original is great, it's from freaking Master of Puppets, which is awesomeness on a bun on a stick. The lyrics were part of what made it so great, you just took them really seriously from the singing. This is borderline rap, and complete rubbish that belongs anywhere but in someone's ears. I couldn't last more than 30 seconds.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Arkthemaniac said:
" Actually, nothing that anyone has posted comes close to this. 

Seriously. If rock has died, it was because of this. The worst part is that she she changed the words, to make it more P.C. for the kids. She says, "I hope I don't die before I get old."  Fuck. You. Hilary. Duff. You are evil in every sense of the word. "
You're a master at making me wanna samurai-sword myself to sleep. i think i wanna be your friend, cuz in one week i might have the balls to fulfill my dream of committing suicide !
EvilDingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By EvilDingo

Geez... I think this thread has traumatized me for life.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Intercryllic said:
" @Druminator: Its sadly whats "IN" with todays youth and its sickening. "
if i learned anything from life, its that you can never know whats going on in people's heads...  in the 60s they used to talk about rock music the way we talk about the new "metalcore" crap, in the 70s it was against glam rock i guess, in the 80s the new thrash sound came in and it was probably dissed like we're dissing today's bands, and in the 90s the new independent rock was the "new weird teenager crap" .. 

Personally im like you, disgusted by this new metalcore faggotry, but you can never know! maybe in 10 years we're gonna praise it like we praise the old genres that were dissed when they were new
sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By sgjackson
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Intercryllic said:
if i learned anything from life, its that you can never know whats going on in people's heads...  in the 60s they used to talk about rock music the way we talk about the new "metalcore" crap, in the 70s it was against glam rock i guess, in the 80s the new thrash sound came in and it was probably dissed like we're dissing today's bands, and in the 90s the new independent rock was the "new weird teenager crap" ..  Personally im like you, disgusted by this new metalcore faggotry, but you can never know! maybe in 10 years we're gonna praise it like we praise the old genres that were dissed when they were new "
The thing that sucks about metalcore is that a lot of the bands in the genre sound exactly the same. Same guitar tone, same screaming, same songs. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a metalcore song with an overly technical riff and "growling" in the verses, some chords and clean singing in the chorus, and a terrible breakdown, I'd be a millionaire.
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@sgjackson said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Intercryllic said:
if i learned anything from life, its that you can never know whats going on in people's heads...  in the 60s they used to talk about rock music the way we talk about the new "metalcore" crap, in the 70s it was against glam rock i guess, in the 80s the new thrash sound came in and it was probably dissed like we're dissing today's bands, and in the 90s the new independent rock was the "new weird teenager crap" ..  Personally im like you, disgusted by this new metalcore faggotry, but you can never know! maybe in 10 years we're gonna praise it like we praise the old genres that were dissed when they were new "
The thing that sucks about metalcore is that a lot of the bands in the genre sound exactly the same. Same guitar tone, same screaming, same songs. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a metalcore song with an overly technical riff and "growling" in the verses, some chords and clean singing in the chorus, and a terrible breakdown, I'd be a millionaire. "
same here man... i never judge anything before trying to see it from all aspects and points of view, and i just cant see how anybody can find this shitty music any good... it should be exterminated.. 
sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sgjackson

In terms of picking an actual cover: Sonata Arctica managing to suck all of the emotion out of the powerful Scorpions ballad "Still Loving You" by turning it into a fairly mediocre power metal song is an achievement in and of itself.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33  Edited By TheHBK

Even though Fallout Boy has a cool name inspired by the Simpsons, they suck.  Which I guess is Ironic considering that they seem to be the Milhouse of the music world.  Worst and most offensive cover is their cover of "Beat it"  Sometimes trying to cover a song and make it your own is wrong.  You need to at least make it as good or better, and when it is not possible, don't do it.  Because of this, I say fuck you Fallout Boy, fuck you.
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Druminator

Worst cover ever or best cover ever!?

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Arkthemaniac: Worst bulllshit I've ever heard..thanks
get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#36  Edited By get2sammyb
@Druminator: Terrible.
PufferFiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PufferFiz
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @sgjackson said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Intercryllic said:
The thing that sucks about metalcore is that a lot of the bands in the genre sound exactly the same. Same guitar tone, same screaming, same songs. If I had a dollar for every time I heard a metalcore song with an overly technical riff and "growling" in the verses, some chords and clean singing in the chorus, and a terrible breakdown, I'd be a millionaire. "
same here man... i never judge anything before trying to see it from all aspects and points of view, and i just cant see how anybody can find this shitty music any good... it should be exterminated..  "
I love metalcore/hardcore music that you very much, Honesty you can look at a lot of bands and genres and say they sound the same. Just because you don't like it does not mean it has any less merit that other bands.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@Druminator said:
" Worst cover ever or best cover ever!?

"
BAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! 

The Jonas Brothers are justified now.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TwoOneFive
@SmashedControllers said:
" Fall out Boy covering Beat it. I used to like them now their balls. "
its really not that bad though dude. 
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Druminator said:
" Worst cover ever or best cover ever!?

"
who's covering whom exactly here?
Poppycock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Poppycock
@Arkthemaniac said:   

Rock and Roll: 1955-2009 Rest in Peace
Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Druminator
@Ahmad_Metallic: I pretty sure it was just one guy that mixed it. It's a cover of a Jonas Bros song.
HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By HandsomeDead

I was hoping this wouldn't be a typical GiantBomb music thread. I should be less hopeful in future.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By TwoOneFive
@PufferFiz said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @sgjackson said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @Intercryllic said:
same here man... i never judge anything before trying to see it from all aspects and points of view, and i just cant see how anybody can find this shitty music any good... it should be exterminated..  "
I love metalcore/hardcore music that you very much, Honesty you can look at a lot of bands and genres and say they sound the same. Just because you don't like it does not mean it has any less merit that other bands. "
you know what really sucks, when douchebags categorize the shit out of music and then there zero originality. metalcore, seriously?! how many bands are metalcore? fucking ridiculous. 
Drakhir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Drakhir

I died a little bit inside. Not a "real" band, but still.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By HandsomeDead
@Intercryllic said:
"I dont mean to sound like an old bastard but the kids who think that this music is groundbreaking or great really dont know what good music is. "
So what do you mean to sound like?
AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@Intercryllic said:
" @HandsomeDead: Touche  *insert awkward silence here* "
haha