Your view on Seth MacFarlane cartoons

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Otacon

So Seth MacFarlane, creator of Family Guy, has just done this Super Mario sketch.

I'm not the biggest fan of his cartoons, this is alright apart from dragging on a bit. Are you a fan of his stuff or is random humor not your thing?
Avatar image for deactivated-5884be30433ec
deactivated-5884be30433ec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

I like Family Guy and American Dad. Some episodes, newer Family Guy in particular, can be a bit on the off side but most of the time they are very enjoyable.

vilhelmnielsen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By vilhelmnielsen

I think it's great that he's doing this little sketches on pop-cultural references, which is what he's best at.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I think its funny to be honest.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By AlexB

I love Family Guy, I hate American Dad, and I think his comedy is overall very funny

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Kohe321

I love Family Guy and American Dad. Can't touch Southpark, though, but that is a whole other discussion. Seth is funny.

Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Otacon
VilhelmNielsen said:
"I think it's great that he's doing this little sketches on pop-cultural references, which is what he's best at."
It's a little like what Family Guy does except without the Family Guy bits filling them together.
gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

I think Seth McFarlane's stuff is very funny when it's at its best. I think everyone I know was pretty much blown away upon first seeing Family Guy. However I do sometimes find that his jokes can drag on or get a bit worn out.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By CreamyGoodness

hilarious

t67443

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By t67443

Family Guy was good before he changed the format and killed any plot in any show he makes.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Jayge_

Seth MacFarlane always pulls references out of pop culture things that were forgotten ages ago, and makes them funny again.

For that, I respect him.

Kohe321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kohe321

Gamer_152 said:

"I think Seth McFarlane's stuff is very funny when it's at its best. I think everyone I know was pretty much blown away upon first seeing Family Guy. However I do sometimes find that his jokes can drag on or get a bit worn out."
I agree with that. Most of the jokes in FG and AD are really funny, but some are dragged out for too long. It doesn't help that some of the jokes that gets draged out isn't that great to begin with.
duxup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By duxup

That scene could have been from any of his "here are some people having an unexpected awkward conversation" scenes.  I liked the first year of Family Guy I saw but it gets tired fast.

DoctorTran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DoctorTran

I love Seth MacFarlane and everything he creates.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Karmum

His shows are okay, but they are not definitely the first shows I turn on if they are on.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By pause422

I think anything hes done has always stood in the shadow of South Park...it completely eclipses Family Guy and any other basically the same show he keeps copying and pasting with just different backgrounds..some of it is funny but not much to me.

fraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By fraser

I think i'd have more respect for this new cartoon thing he's doing if Robot Chicken hadn't already done it so much better.

AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 10

#18  Edited By AlexB

People who compare South Park to Family Guy are rather misled. The shows are completely different and give you different experiences. South Park aims for Satire on current issues while still going for the shock value. Family Guy doesn't require much of a plot or thinking for that matter. Which is fine and i love it. It's just a bunch of hilarious sketches loosely connected and it works. Comparing the two shows is just stupid.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#19  Edited By Discorsi
AlexB said:
"People who compare South Park to Family Guy are rather misled. The shows are completely different and give you different experiences. South Park aims for Satire on current issues while still going for the shock value. Family Guy doesn't require much of a plot or thinking for that matter. Which is fine and i love it. It's just a bunch of hilarious sketches loosely connected and it works. Comparing the two shows is just stupid."
Yea it isn't worth it since Southpark is so much better.  On a just story level and comedy wise
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Jayge_
Discorsi said:
"AlexB said:
"People who compare South Park to Family Guy are rather misled. The shows are completely different and give you different experiences. South Park aims for Satire on current issues while still going for the shock value. Family Guy doesn't require much of a plot or thinking for that matter. Which is fine and i love it. It's just a bunch of hilarious sketches loosely connected and it works. Comparing the two shows is just stupid."
Yea it isn't worth it since Southpark is so much better.  On a just story level and comedy wise"
Not always. Definitely not always. Both are hilarious shows, and MacFarlane does brilliant nostalgia humor. South Park... not so much. If current events suck, then the episodes suck. Although the Midget one was hilarious.
suneku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By suneku

LOL that sketch is awesome. I like Seth's style of comedy.

Dimsey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 118

#22  Edited By Dimsey

American Dad's kind of meh in my eyes, but Family Guy's pretty good. At least it is most of the time.
Some of the newer episodes I think have been hit and miss. But I think he hits more then he misses, so tis all good.

HandsomeDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By HandsomeDead

Seth MacFarlane is just the most unfunny person ever. Family Guy tried too hard to be wacky and offensive so it just fails all the time and American Dad is pretty much the same show only with some awful attempt at being a political satire too. Also, he totally ruined the character of Johan Krauss in Hellboy II by playing every line as if it was a gag in that stupid German accent.

Curfew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Curfew

I liked the first 3 seasons of Family Guy but when they brought it back it was just so unfunny I can't believe its so popular.

uberpwner93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#25  Edited By uberpwner93

IMO, The Simpsons are way better than Family Guy, American Dad, or South Park.

Colonel_Cool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Colonel_Cool

Ugh. I didn't think that sketch was funny at all. All he does is take Super Mario and turn it into a really drawn-out unfunny conversation in which Mario is disappointed with Peach's reaction after he saves her. That's basically what half of the jokes in Family Guy are, with the other half being, "Hey, remember that time Peter --(insert ridiculously unrealistic flashback involving an 80's celebrity that no one remembers here)--?". American Dad is more of the same, and it just blows my mind that he is making another Cleveland Show spinoff. If you want quality cartoon comedy, then go buy some mid-90's to early millennium Simpsons or King of the Hill seasons.

Clean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Clean

thier funny but those sketches seem like they were made in few minutes.

Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#28  Edited By Black_Rose

I like his shows, he does a great job with pop culture references.

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Hamz

I like Family Guy and American Dad their funny and entertaining but they aren't South Park entertaining, i don't find myself going back to watch Family Guy repeats like i do South Park repeats....

But that being said i could just be getting old and set in my ways :S

Fax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Fax

Family Guy has the same humor as The "movie" movies. They don't make a joke just make a pop culture reference and people laugh cause they know what there talking about.

Rowr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Rowr

This sketch isnt his best work.

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Relys

That was actually pretty funny.

hazelnutman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33  Edited By hazelnutman

I enjoyed that sketch. Especially the invincibility star part.

Box3ru13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Box3ru13
Joker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Joker

His comedy is alright, but really to me its like once you see some of his stuff, you have seen all of his stuff. And if he tries to change it, its really really dumb.