• 64 results
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

Edited By Tireyo

Why for just the past few weeks, I have came to notice that a great deal of good material taken off.  Some of the music videos I like were taken off, some of the video game stuff were taken off, and even some of the sounds/music to the videos were taken off, but the video was still there!  It almost feels like YouTube isn't fun to go to anymore, because things are getting taken off that I particularly like.  Has anyone come to notice that YouTube is starting to get strict?  Now don't get me wrong everyone, Youtube is a good site; it's just that they taken some stuff I like off, and I don't particularily like what they have done.

If anyone has any questions or any comments for me, I'll usually respond.  To all, have a great week and hope that everything turns out well in your neck of the woods!!  Thanks for reading and until next time. :D

-Ty

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Tireyo

Why for just the past few weeks, I have came to notice that a great deal of good material taken off.  Some of the music videos I like were taken off, some of the video game stuff were taken off, and even some of the sounds/music to the videos were taken off, but the video was still there!  It almost feels like YouTube isn't fun to go to anymore, because things are getting taken off that I particularly like.  Has anyone come to notice that YouTube is starting to get strict?  Now don't get me wrong everyone, Youtube is a good site; it's just that they taken some stuff I like off, and I don't particularily like what they have done.

If anyone has any questions or any comments for me, I'll usually respond.  To all, have a great week and hope that everything turns out well in your neck of the woods!!  Thanks for reading and until next time. :D

-Ty

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

Not to mention the recent "this video isn't available in your country" addition. Well, maybe it's not recent but I only noticed it so.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Tireyo

Al3xand3r: Starting to get more frequent and annoying isn't it?

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Jayge_

Youtube has been on this slope for a year or more now. It's annoying as hell, and many of my favorite vloggers have disappeared in protest or disgust. I've stopped going there much at all recently. Sad, but that's what happens when you get Oprah featured on the front page.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tireyo

Jayge: LOL! Don't forget Dr. Phil!

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Jayge_

I was trying to man, I was trying to :'-(

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Tireyo

Jayge: :D LOL!

Mercator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercator

Arnt lawyers awesome?

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Tireyo

Mercator: I guess that they are actually doing their jobs!

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Kou_Leifoh

Well....The one thing I hated about YouTube is that some times user would upload misleading videos. For example, before GTAIV got released, people clam they had gameplay footage of the game; but every single video ended up being a music video of Rick Roll or whatever the hell his name is.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Tireyo

Kou_Leifoh: Wasn't that an April Fools Joke? 

Kou_Leifoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Kou_Leifoh
Tireyo643 said:
"Kou_Leifoh: Wasn't that an April Fools Joke?  "
It wasn't April.
Joru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Joru

It's not youtube. It's the copyright holders. Recently many Guitar Hero and Rock band videos have been taken down because WMG has made copyright claims.

Tordah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#14  Edited By Tordah
Al3xand3r said:
"Not to mention the recent "this video isn't available in your country" addition. Well, maybe it's not recent but I only noticed it so."
I absolutely hate that. It's both retarded and annoying.

Imagine if we started getting "this website isn't available in your country" messages when we try to visit our favourite sites. The whole internet would nerd-rage.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RetroIce4
Tordah said:
"Al3xand3r said:
"Not to mention the recent "this video isn't available in your country" addition. Well, maybe it's not recent but I only noticed it so."
I absolutely hate that. It's both retarded and annoying. Imagine if we started getting "this website isn't available in your country" messages when we try to visit our favourite sites. The whole internet would nerd-rage."
Yeah. I have been getting that too.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By natetodamax

Youtube is just starting to suck now, both with all the copyright crap AND the new HQ (High Quality) button. Whenever I press it, the video either ceases to load the high quality or it skips every 3 seconds. I never had that problem before.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Al3xand3r

Try pausing it first, then switching to HQ and letting it load some before hitting play.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jayge_
Joru said:
"It's not youtube. It's the copyright holders. Recently many Guitar Hero and Rock band videos have been taken down because WMG has made copyright claims."
No, it's YouTube, who allows copyright holders to abuse the DMCA in ways it wasn't intended to be abused.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Tireyo
Kou_Leifoh said:
"Tireyo643 said:
"Kou_Leifoh: Wasn't that an April Fools Joke?  "
It wasn't April."
Oh, well that is retarded!

Joru
and Jayge: Well, for whatever reason it might be for them to do the stupid things things that they have done, there's is probably no way to bring the videos back.  Only YouTube, the users, or whoever the hell it might be in charge can fix it, but I highly doubt they will.

natetodamax said:
"Youtube is just starting to suck now, both with all the copyright crap AND the new HQ (High Quality) button. Whenever I press it, the video either ceases to load the high quality or it skips every 3 seconds. I never had that problem before."
I had that problem too, and what Al3xand3r said is what i usually do.  Sometimes I just don't put it in HQ, and leave it alone.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tireyo

To all: Ain't technology fun when it works? :D

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38

I wonder what reaction they would have if everyone just left Youtube for a day.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tireyo

Dr_Feelgood: Don't know, but perhaps it could work!  Remember when gas was ridiculous in price, and we found out that we can lower the price a bit by not buying gas for a day?  Maybe the same principle can apply to YouTube!  Problem is, I don't know if we'll be able to spread it around the web to make a difference.  It would take someone pretty important to say HEY, YOUTUBE!! YOU SUCK!!! LOL!

:D :)  :(  No, I guess that YouTube or whoever has the right to do what they want.  I think that the people that own the copyright should at least post the videos so YouTube has the chance to be fun again.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#23  Edited By Diamond
Kou_Leifoh said:
"Well....The one thing I hated about YouTube is that some times user would upload misleading videos. For example, before GTAIV got released, people clam they had gameplay footage of the game; but every single video ended up being a music video of Rick Roll or whatever the hell his name is."
That's how Rickroll got started man.  If it wasn't for that, think of how disappointed the kids would have been last Macy's.  The US Congress wouldn't be able to look hip and cool, they visit 4chan all the time man.
skidd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24  Edited By skidd

yeah! its getting ridiculous! I've had a video reported for having copyrighted background music, and I've had my channel's wallpaper removed 3 times!! it wasnt even offensive - just the logo of a sports team!
still could be worse, the uk got banned from viewing official music videos on youtube after some legal argument

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Tireyo

skidd: Harsh! Quite serious!

xMP44x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26  Edited By xMP44x

Because of this 'crackdown' on videos and such on YouTube, I don't even use it to listen to music anymore. I use Last.fm and Spotify instead. At least they don't block the main users from viewing music videos. 

The most shocking thing about this Copyright Crackdown is that only the UK users are blocked from watching music videos. The US might be blocked, I'm not sure.
Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Qorious

Yeah I know. I noticed that awhile ago too. Well that's the price you pay for being the most popular video site on the Internet.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By Snail

Music Videos are being taken off because it is illegal. If you want a track buy it. Same applies for movies. And besides, as long as we have the Sledgehammer music video we will have the best music video of all time. And that is all I need.~~

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Tireyo

xMP44x: It's hard to tell anymore if the U.S. is blocked.  For all I know, we probably are blocked!

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tireyo

Qorious: So true, it sucks!

Snail: So what if they do take it off?  What would you do then?

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By natetodamax

Double post FTL

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Snail
Tireyo643 said:
"Snail: So what if they do take it off?  What would you do then?"
Nothing. I have the videoclip.

I mean seriously. What did people expect? It is obviously illegal to listen to free music like that, and it was on one of the most popular websites ever. People really didn't see this coming? This should have happened sooner.
natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By natetodamax

Not being able to listen to music for free is absolute bullshit. You hear music on the radio all the time. You aren't paying for that. I think everyone that runs the copyright crap or whatever needs to let their ass cheeks hang loose and let the stick drop out.

CoverlessTech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By CoverlessTech

If people don't get permission to use songs or other stuff in their videos then the owners of that media have every right to take it down. Same reason your not allowed to put TV shows or movies on youtube. It's not youtube, it's the media laws. If you made some media I'm sure you would like to profit for it and not have everybody steal it and use it for there own projects(people making game montages with other artists music).

JudgeDread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By JudgeDread

yes youtube sucks pretty bad right now

the media companies does not seem to like free advertising for their products

fascist pigs wants control over everyting, even if it limits their profitability

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36  Edited By JoelTGM

Youtube sucks.  It's not "starting" to get strict, it is already, and to the extreme.

BODDAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By BODDAH

They're bound by legal restrictions. I'll bet some company is dying to make a legal example out of them - it's only a matter of time before some massive copyright lawsuit emerges.

Dr_Feelgood38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By Dr_Feelgood38
Snail said:
"Tireyo643 said:
Nothing. I have the videoclip.I mean seriously. What did people expect? It is obviously illegal to listen to free music like that, and it was on one of the most popular websites ever. People really didn't see this coming? This should have happened sooner."
I don't personally care about not being able to listen to music for free. I care about Youtube's policy of demoting videos that use profanity and "suggestive materials" so that more "family friendly" videos can be put above them. That is simply crazy.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Tireyo
Snail said:
"Tireyo643 said:
Nothing. I have the videoclip.I mean seriously. What did people expect? It is obviously illegal to listen to free music like that, and it was on one of the most popular websites ever. People really didn't see this coming? This should have happened sooner."
Ok. :(

natetodamax
said:
"Not being able to listen to music for free is absolute bullshit. You hear music on the radio all the time. You aren't paying for that. I think everyone that runs the copyright crap or whatever needs to let their ass cheeks hang loose and let the stick drop out."
LOL!! I wish that was true!

CoverlessTech
said:
"If people don't get permission to use songs or other stuff in their videos then the owners of that media have every right to take it down. Same reason your not allowed to put TV shows or movies on youtube. It's not youtube, it's the media laws. If you made some media I'm sure you would like to profit for it and not have everybody steal it and use it for there own projects(people making game montages with other artists music)."
That is true.  I just think that the ones who own the copyrights to the videos would just least put it on YouTube.  Not for others to copy, but to display them to get attention and recognition. Example:  Enya, my favorite singer, has a website, and it has videos you can watch that used to be on YouTube.  The videos were taken off recently on YouTube, but the videos of course remains on her official site.  So, I'm thinking that websites like Enya's should at least post their videos on Youtube and other sites that take videos. 
Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Jayge_
Snail said:
"Tireyo643 said:
Under the DMCA, non-partner YouTube accounts using songs technically falls under acceptable fair use. It shouldn't have happened sooner, because it's illegal and an abuse of consumer's rights by misinterpreting legislation that didn't see anything like this coming. Just because Warner Bros. throws a fit doesn't mean YouTube had to take it off. Even funnier are all of the artists getting pissed at Warner Bros for stripping them of one of the most useful promotional tools in existence. While TV shows and the like make all of their money off of ad revenue and ticket sales (legitimizing Viacom, even if it is annoying that they remove all CC videos), music is an entirely different business. If you really believe all the shit the companies ripping music off of YouTube are feeding you, you should at least do some research to make sure you're getting the truth before you regurgitate it elsewhere.
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Snail
natetodamax said:
"Not being able to listen to music for free is absolute bullshit. You hear music on the radio all the time. You aren't paying for that. I think everyone that runs the copyright crap or whatever needs to let their ass cheeks hang loose and let the stick drop out."
Dude. This is the most retarded post I have read in a long while.

Radio stations pay to broadcast what they broadcast, while on YouTube they pay nothing. they simply upload the video. That is why radio has publicity! To pay for the copyrights!
On the internet you decided what to listen, with no publicity and no one payed copyrights.
Why the fuck do you think it's being taken off?!
Seriously.

Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"Snail said:
"Tireyo643 said:
I don't personally care about not being able to listen to music for free. I care about Youtube's policy of demoting videos that use profanity and "suggestive materials" so that more "family friendly" videos can be put above them. That is simply crazy."
With that, good sir, I completely agree.
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Tireyo
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"Snail said:
"Tireyo643 said:
I don't personally care about not being able to listen to music for free. I care about Youtube's policy of demoting videos that use profanity and "suggestive materials" so that more "family friendly" videos can be put above them. That is simply crazy."
Well, you got a point.

BODDAH
said:
"They're bound by legal restrictions. I'll bet some company is dying to make a legal example out of them - it's only a matter of time before some massive copyright lawsuit emerges."
Yea! Something might happen!

JudgeDread
said:
"yes youtube sucks pretty bad right nowthe media companies does not seem to like free advertising for their productsfascist pigs wants control over everyting, even if it limits their profitability"
I don't really think that's the real problem.

DOUBLESHOCK
said:
"Youtube sucks.  It's not "starting" to get strict, it is already, and to the extreme."
Well, I didn't really know how long it's been going on.
DarkGamerOO7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#44  Edited By DarkGamerOO7

I say we put up a bunch of videos that say "Music videos" or "TV Show X" and "Movie X"  report them as copyright violations but really they are all Rick Roll's.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Tireyo
Snail said:
"natetodamax said:
Dude. This is the most retarded post I have read in a long while.

Radio stations pay to broadcast what they broadcast, while on YouTube they pay nothing. they simply upload the video. That is why radio has publicity! To pay for the copyrights!
On the internet you decided what to listen, with no publicity and no one payed copyrights.
Why the fuck do you think it's being taken off?!
Seriously.

Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"Snail said:
"Tireyo643 said:
With that, good sir, I completely agree."
Understandable. :D
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Snail
Jayge said:
"Snail said:
"Tireyo643 said:
Under the DMCA, non-partner YouTube accounts using songs technically falls under acceptable fair use. It shouldn't have happened sooner, because it's illegal and an abuse of consumer's rights by misinterpreting legislation that didn't see anything like this coming. Just because Warner Bros. throws a fit doesn't mean YouTube had to take it off. Even funnier are all of the artists getting pissed at Warner Bros for stripping them of one of the most useful promotional tools in existence. While TV shows and the like make all of their money off of ad revenue and ticket sales (legitimizing Viacom, even if it is annoying that they remove all CC videos), music is an entirely different business. If you really believe all the shit the companies ripping music off of YouTube are feeding you, you should at least do some research to make sure you're getting the truth before you regurgitate it elsewhere.
"
Jayge...
fuck you.
for being right.

(I never thought this moment would come.
fuck.)

I still think that people should pay for what they get. if you're going to listen to a track then pay for it. There is a reason why it costs money to some people.
I am completely against any way of getting free music, free movies, in the internet, while some people pay for it. It wasn't free before the internet, it shouldn't be free now.
Illmatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Illmatic

I've been noticing that for a while now. In particular, the absence of music videos has really disappointed me. Sure, there are bound to be other sites that will have it but Youtube was the like image bucket of videos. I understand that it's probably due to copyright issues but why can't these record labels simply put up their catalog of music videos if others doing so upsets them.

Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Tireyo
Snail said:
"Jayge said:
"Snail said:
"Tireyo643 said:
"
Jayge...
fuck you.
for being right.

fuck.)I still think that people should pay for what they get. if you're going to listen to a track then pay for it. There is a reason why it costs money to some people.I am completely against any way of getting free music, free movies, in the internet, while some people pay for it. It wasn't free before the internet, it shouldn't be free now."
Don't get mad! Get glad! :D Here's something to cheer you up and turn that frown upside down! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go3vlqcyxuQ 

Illmatic said:
"I've been noticing that for a while now. In particular, the absence of music videos has really disappointed me. Sure, there are bound to be other sites that will have it but Youtube was the like image bucket of videos. I understand that it's probably due to copyright issues but why can't these record labels simply put up their catalog of music videos if others doing so upsets them."

Well, it's dissappionted me too, but it's ok and understandable on what they do. 
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By End_Boss
Dr_Feelgood38 said:
"I wonder what reaction they would have if everyone just left Youtube for a day."
Ooh, ooh, I know this one!

"You'll be back."
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Snail
Tireyo643 said:
"Snail said:
"Jayge...
fuck you.
for being right.

fuck.)I still think that people should pay for what they get. if you're going to listen to a track then pay for it. There is a reason why it costs money to some people.I am completely against any way of getting free music, free movies, in the internet, while some people pay for it. It wasn't free before the internet, it shouldn't be free now."
Don't get mad! Get glad! :D Here's something to cheer you up and turn that frown upside down! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Go3vlqcyxuQ "
Glad?
You just don't know Jayge.