Mewthree (?) Reveal

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Morbid_Coffee

Gamefreak announced a new Pokemans this morning. A new Mew___. They're being really coy whether it's an evolution or form of Mewtwo, or a brand new Pokemon:

No Caption Provided

To all the deviantart kids who drew bad Pokemon fan creations, you got your wish! Pokemon X/Y has Mewthree in it!

No Caption Provided

A lot of thought went into the design. Gamefreak really looked at how the fans could improve the series.

No Caption Provided

New type: Sexy Pokemon.

No Caption Provided

MEWTHREE!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who thinks this design is really stupid. Also the X side form/version looks like he has dicks growing out of his thighs and I can't unsee them.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#2  Edited By ArbitraryWater

Pokemon designs are stupid now.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By DystopiaX

@arbitrarywater: Pokemon designs were always stupid, now we're just old enough to realize it.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 66

@arbitrarywater: Pokemon designs were always stupid, now we're just old enough to realize it.

You're right. But my inner-child says no.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I don't know what the fuck is up with this game. When I saw Sylveon I died a little inside, and this thing looks like a Dragon Ball Z villain. I imagine that this guy plays into those early rumors that genetic manipulation would be one of the games themes.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I can't believe this topic was trending on twitter earlier.

Avatar image for deactivated-6050ef4074a17
deactivated-6050ef4074a17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While trying to stay out of the minefield that is the "Omg pokemon look so stupid now" debate, I will say that, regardless of what you think it looks like, the general design of this alleged Mewthree is really not that different from Mewtwo if you look at them side by side, this one is just smaller and has the weird hook on top of it's head rather than extended from the bottom of its head. I genuinely don't see the reasoning behind this latest "these kids today and their stupid pokemon" outrage.

Morbid_Coffee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jasonr86 said:

I can't believe this topic was trending on twitter earlier.

A day ago boned and boneless wings were trending. Anything is possible on Twitter.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

Can't wait for Mewinfinite.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I dig it. Yay Pokemon.

NEVER AGAIN.

Sorry, I have a problem with Pokemon addiction, I've been clean since Diamond/Pearl.

Nictel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Nictel

Red/Blue is where it's at.

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I don't know what the fuck is up with this game. When I saw Sylveon I died a little inside, and this thing looks like a Dragon Ball Z villain. I imagine that this guy plays into those early rumors that genetic manipulation would be one of the games themes.

Funny you say that, because Mewtwo was always based on a DBZ villain. This form just happens to be based on a different one.

I'm usually pretty harsh on people who claim "Pokemon designs have gone down hill" or "only the originals were good". There's far too many hipsters and older games being blinded by nostalgia when it comes to this series and some seem to take that to a ridiculous degree. I will say this design is pretty bad though. He looks okay in game, but Mewtwo did not need a new form to stay relevant, so this is a pretty disappointing direction for the series to take.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

@morbid_coffee: I hadn't seen the one on the left. Looks like some weird Rotom thing.

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Meh, it's not great but it's not terrible either.

probablytuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

And I was really looking forward to this game when it was first announced... Everything I've heard/read since then has diminished my excitement.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#16  Edited By AndrewB

Isn't this more likely an alternate form of Mewtwo, like all the other alternate forms introduced into the series since Deoxys? It definitely looks like it's leaning that way.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#17  Edited By Video_Game_King

@andrewb said:

Isn't this more likely an alternate form of Mewtwo, like all the other alternate forms introduced into the series since Deoxys? It definitely looks like it's leaning that way.

Especially since it explicitly says as much (the names are exactly the same). Sometimes, it pays to be able to read Japanese.

audioBusting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 26

@andrewb said:

Especially since it explicitly says as much (the names are exactly the same). Sometimes, it pays to be able to read Japanese.

Exactly what I thought when I saw that "X Mewtwo" and "Y Mewtwo"!

supamon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So basically his tail went from his ass to his head, huh.

There was a thread on kotaku talking about how this is a form and not a pokemon and my head just switched off after that. I am so far out of my pokemon days..

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 49th

Spaceshipman VS. Mew SS 3

They just flipped the design upside down - tail on head and random bumps on the ass.

Mocca_Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mocca_Bear

NO WAY! I remember drawing Mewthree (probably along with everyone who was into Pokemon) way back in elementary school when Red and Blue were released.

Avatar image for rollingzeppelin
rollingzeppelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks just as dumb as all the other Pokemon.

ModernAlkemie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is a Pokemon fighting a Transformer?

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@wintersnowblind said:

@hunter5024 said:

Funny you say that, because Mewtwo was always based on a DBZ villain. This form just happens to be based on a different one.

I'm usually pretty harsh on people who claim "Pokemon designs have gone down hill" or "only the originals were good". There's far too many hipsters and older games being blinded by nostalgia when it comes to this series and some seem to take that to a ridiculous degree. I will say this design is pretty bad though. He looks okay in game, but Mewtwo did not need a new form to stay relevant, so this is a pretty disappointing direction for the series to take.

Usually I'm the same way, however I do think that pokemon design has had its ups and downs. For example, I thought generations 1, 2, 3, and 5 all had a handful of pretty cool pokemon, but in 4 I think there was a lot less variety. They made too many cute pokemon, and a ton of the new ones were just evolutions of older pokemon which made that generation come across kind of creatively bankrupt. Based on Sylveon and this thing it seems they're going in that same direction for this one.

FFFFFFF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Take it from someone who wasn't in elementary school when Pokemon first came out: The designs have always been stupid.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By strainedeyes

Here are some images and a video of it in-game.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see why someone can think they ruined Mewtwo's design - it already looked shit.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Can I just get a 1995 mode and only have the original 151 spawn in my game? Outside of a few here and there each generation of these guys suck more and more.

CaptainObvious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Hey guys, Pokemon isn't for you anymore.

Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Actually, Mewtwo was based on the original design of Giygas from Earthbound, specifically the way he looked in Mother 1, also known as "Earthbound Zero". I couldn't say this for sure, but I think the same guy designed both characters. It's kinda hard to tell from an NES screenshot, sure, but it's been documented all over the place.

No Caption Provided

MezZa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MezZa

I prefer seeing something like this added rather than more random inanimate objects with eyes slapped on them. Although I'm sure there be plenty of that too. From the few I've seen so far these new gen designs actually look fine to me. That is the first time I've been able to say that since ruby/saphire.

Blu3V3nom07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#32  Edited By Blu3V3nom07

I think this might be a evolution of Mew rather than Mewtwo. Mewtwo was just this awful genetic experiment. And Mew was always supposed to be a rare sight, that could evolve eventually to this thing here. So, I don't think this will be called Mewthree, but something similar to what Togetic became.

I also think this is timely for a new Mew announcement, as the new Pokemon movie featuring Mewtwo has just been announced.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#33  Edited By NekuSakuraba

I can't wait for Mewten, they could make a new show "Teenage Mewten Ninja Turtles".

That would be pretty badass.

NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This just made me realize how stupid the name "Mewtwo" is.