What franchise do you think Rocksteady should take up next?

• 67 results
NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By NTM

Edit - Hello, this is an old thread as you can see, but I felt the question should be asked again, so I came to the Rocksteady forums, and found this, to my surprise actually. You can read my original post, but my feelings have changed since then. Not sure about James Bond anymore, though when it does come to Bond, I wonder when we'll see that franchise on the current-gen systems... That's a different topic though.

Personally, I've been trying to think of what great game developer would or could go into the 007 franchise. I was just watching some Blood Stone game play and I was thinking how I do really enjoy the FPS Bond games, some more than others, but enjoy all the same, and I was just thinking how great it would be to give fans of Bond and gamers alike a really high quality third person shooter James Bond experience. At first I was thinking maybe Naughty Dog, but now I'm thinking Rocksteady could do a great job as well. I guess I asked the wrong question. I'm really just thinking about a high quality James Bond experience made by a well known and trusted game developer, not necessarily what franchise would you like Rocksteady to do next. I've always felt that James Bond had a lot of potential to be more than it already is, and I think some aspects of it really do shine light on the best parts of it, but never really emphasize on them. Anyways, what do you think?

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By redcream

Rocksteady is known for getting the feel of a licensed franchise right so I think they could handle 007 just fine. As for a high quality James Bond experience there's a game that's out already albeit a little old that is 007: Everything or Nothing.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By ShadowConqueror

Punching Guys: The Game.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MariachiMacabre

I'm actually ok with more Batmans. More Batmans sounds fine to me.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Gruff182

I'd love it if they were given the Tenchu license. I loved the original 2.

TentPole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TentPole

I think they could make a pretty good Blade Runner game.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By JJOR64

Final Fight.

jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By jonnyboy

What and give up all those Bat-Bucks? Man you crazy!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#9  Edited By JasonR86

I'd be a little worried about them taking anything to be honest. The two Batman games really were the only games they've made that I've liked. I guess I don't have a lot of confidence in them making a non-Batman game. That said, because I have such low expectations they could almost take any license or franchise and I'd be ok with it as long as I don't have a close tie to it (so I would be worried if they made a Metroid game for example but wouldn't care if they made a James Bond game).

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

I think they're done with Batman, what else is there to really explore there? I'd much rather see them move onto something else now, rather than remain a one trick pony..

And Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, dammit. Before Bay completely ruins the franchise.

spooky655

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By spooky655

A dark, serious, epic Dragon Ball Z game.

PLEASE MAKE THIS!!

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By falserelic

Green Lantern, superman, static shock more super hero games...

Avatar image for charlie_victor_bravo
charlie_victor_bravo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Metal Gear.

Klei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Klei

I'm fine with Batmen.

MightyDuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

#15  Edited By MightyDuck

I'd love for them to make a Ninja Turtle game. I think that'd be a lot of fun.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By wjb

I think a third Batman game would turn me off unless they do something different with the license. I don't want a "bigger and better" Batman if it's going to turn out like Uncharted 3 did, or most third games do.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MikkaQ

Anything but more superheroes. I'm so sick of them. They're worse than zombies.

alternate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By alternate

They are going to be stuck making Batman games until people stop buying them in big numbers.

Also, if they do get to pick another licence then it will be one Warner owns. No point splitting the pot with the people who own the 007 licence.

Personally I think they could still do something interesting with batman. Next gen system true open world game maybe - not fake open world like AC.

Ares42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Ares42

Although it's not answering your real question (rather the one in the topic), I'd love to see someone make an actually good Iron Man game. It might not exactly be their forte though, but considering what they managed to come up with as mechanics for Batman they might have some interesting spins on Iron Man other than just making a flying man that shoots a lot.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Rocksteady needs to go for a Ninja-themed game. Essentially a reskin of Arkham City, just with swords and throwing stars and other ninja gadgets, ninpo magic.

The Question? What could make their Batman game template even more enjoyable for me? The Answer! Dismemberment Blood 'n' Guts - Ninja-style!

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MideonNViscera

Spider-Man cause his games have sucked this entire gen.

Quarters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jjor64 said:

Final Fight.

I just want anyone to get that franchise at this point.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I loved Urban Chaos: Riot Response. Let them make something original.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@mikkaq said:

A super hero zombie game.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By MikkaQ

@benspyda said:
@mikkaq said:

A super hero zombie game.

Alright, now I'm interested...

TangoUp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By TangoUp

Star Wars

007 like the OP said

Bourne Identity?

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#27  Edited By DarthOrange

New 52 Aquaman

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Phantom? Or The Spirit? I would love to see someone do a good Golden Age video game, with a cool 40s aesthetic.

Avatar image for oscar__explosion
Oscar__Explosion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#29  Edited By Oscar__Explosion

Legend of Zelda

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

A Bebop and Rocksteady game.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Ham, the most woefully underrepresented superhero in games.

Wraxend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Well with the access they have to the DC license I would love to see if they could make a Superman game that actually made you feel like the man of steel. Or for none DC I would love to see if they could make an Inception game as Nolan has said he would be interested in continuing the story through games.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By AngelN7

Actually I want Urban Chaos : Riot Response 2 bashing people in the head with a riot shield and tase the crap out of them with my super long reach taser was awesome.

jimmyfenix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angeln7 said:

Actually I want Urban Chaos : Riot Response 2 bashing people in the head with a riot shield and tase the crap out of them with my super long reach taser was awesome.

that game was fucking awesome

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In a truely ideal world Rocksteady would be making a Zelda game. If you think about it the Arkham games are basically Zelda games, with dungeons and a slow progression through an ever expanding pool of gadgets. Given how they handled Batman I would like to see their take on the Zelda universe.

Otherwise I would like to see them given reign to produce a game with completely new gameplay and universe, rather than a reskinned Batman game, like that's going to happen though.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Their own

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Any fans of the 80's show will get the pun on this one.

drace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They've proven that they can make some great games; why not let them do something original if they want?

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

I think they should make an original IP and see if they are actually worth their meddle rather than hiding behind Batman.

I mean, let's be honest: the game they made before Batman was Urban Chaos, and I remember that game being rather mediocre and divisive.

Shookems

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anything but superman. Please, please let it not be superman

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By NTM

Hey! So yes, I'm bumping this. Wow, I totally forgot about this, but the question just came back to my mind, and I was going to take to the forums and ask again, but this saves me from doing it again. That said, I am not thinking of Bond anymore (totally forgot about that). I'm thinking, what about Judge Dredd? Going with super heroes again, we haven't seen Judge Dredd in any good games really, and that's a fascinating world, at least in my opinion. Obviously, there'd have to be someone at Rocksteady that liked Dredd, but if there was someone that did, that'd be my choice. I'd love to see a Judge Dredd game done well. I'll try to edit my original post indicating this is old, but I think it can be discussed again since it seems relevant.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ZolRoyce

Woooow, the creator of a thread bumping it for once instead of some one post new person, don't see that everyday haha.

I'm always game for people making new stories and IP, but setting that aside if they DO make something based off of an existing IP, Dredd would be super cool, we already had that great movie from 2012 so a great game would be nice at this point (I think Dredd VS Death had it's moments though, the gun and arresting people was cool.)

I'm probably alone as hell in this but I would love a Matrix game from them, just think of all the fighting scenes!

Edit: Ohhhh or The Raid, though we already have Sleepy Dawgs so good enough haha.

Maybe a Just iceLeague game where you get to jump around the multiple characters would be cool.

Entreri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Anything they're down to make, I loved all three Arkham games they've made so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt for whatever they make next.

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By NTM

@zolroyce: Yeah, I know. It's not usual, but that's why I had to make sure others knew. It's better to bump this than to make the same one over, which wouldn't be okay, especially from the same person, ha ha. I haven't seen The Raid, though form what I understand, it's a lot like Dredd was, and yeah, Sleeping Dogs kind of covers that (which I actually just played for the first time before Arkham Knight's release).

FrostyRyan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avengers!

If you've played Arkham Knight, you know how awesome the character switching stuff is during combat. We need that in an Avengers game

NTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By NTM

@frostyryan: I suppose so, though you'd think they'd do a Justice League instead of Avengers, if they were going to do that. Also, yeah, the character switching is cool, though I always opted to be Batman after the switch, after I tried the others for a few seconds. It's just kind of cool that you can have a companion fighting alongside you, which wasn't in the other ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For some reason, Battletoads. I feel like if Microsoft was going to bring that series back, Rocksteady would be a great fit for it.

I remember them talking about wanting to do a TMNT game and that would be rad too.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zolroyce said:

Woooow, the creator of a thread bumping it for once instead of some one post new person, don't see that everyday haha.

I'm always game for people making new stories and IP, but setting that aside if they DO make something based off of an existing IP, Dredd would be super cool, we already had that great movie from 2012 so a great game would be nice at this point (I think Dredd VS Death had it's moments though, the gun and arresting people was cool.)

I'm probably alone as hell in this but I would love a Matrix game from them, just think of all the fighting scenes!

Edit: Ohhhh or The Raid, though we already have Sleepy Dawgs so good enough haha.

Maybe a Just iceLeague game where you get to jump around the multiple characters would be cool.

A Matrix game done by Rocksteady could be absolutely badass if the Wachowski siblings are kept FAR away from design and writing decisions. And didn't we already get that with Saints Row 4?

qrdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MESSIAH

Am I the only one who found that game incredibly enjoyable to play (in addition to having a one of a kind core idea) after the initial control learning curve? I that game was recreated with top notch mechanics, it would be a guaranteed smash hit.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Tenchu