Any other SNES games to get...?

CapPak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Ok, so I made a list of games I should get for SNES....

Super Nintendo Entertainment System Wish List

SNES Games: 50

Battletoads in Battlemaniacs

Breath of Fire

Breath of Fire II

Chrono Trigger

Contra III: Alien Wars

Disney’s Aladdin

Donkey Kong Country

Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong’s Quest

Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong’s Double Trouble

Doom

EarthBound

F-Zero

Final Fantasy II

Final Fantasy III

Final Fight

Final Fight 2

Illusion of Gaia

Killer Instinct

Kirby’s Avalanche

Kirby’s Dream Course

Kirby’s Dream Land 3

Kirby Super Star

The Legend of the Mystical Ninja

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

Mario Paint

Mega Man Soccer

Mega Man X

Mega Man X2

Pilotwings

Secret of Evermore

Secret of Mana

SimCity

Star Fox

Super Street Fighter II Turbo

Super Bomberman 2

Super Buster Bros

Super Castlevania IV

Super Ghouls and Ghosts

Super Mario All-Stars

Super Mario Kart

Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Super Mario World

Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island

Super Metroid

Super Punch Out!!

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles in Time

Tetris and Dr. Mario

Tetris Attack

Yoshi’s Safari

Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Any games I'm missing? Hidden Gems? Also, I don't want too many expensive games so Mega Man 7/X3 are out.

Thanks for the help!

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Do you actually plan on buying ALL of those games? You probably know this already but that's gonna cost a ton of money.

As for my contribution to the list, I'll say Demon's Crest. Otherwise that's a solid list.

Oh, and don't buy DOOM unless you really want that red cartridge. The SNES version stinks.

CapPak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have some of these games: Yoshi's Island, DKC, DKC 2, Super Mario All-Stars, SimCity, Super Mario Kart, and Killer Instinct.

Also, I'm sort of on the fence on buying Doom. That red cartridge DOES look like it's worth the $20. *-*

Thanks for the contribution! Might consider it :D.

Topshelf211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Gradius 3, Super Smash TV and Act Raiser.

I think they are all relatively cheap too.

Also, Lufia series & Soul blazer are very good, but they can be a bit more expensive as I recall.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The_A_Drain

Super Aleste (Space Megaforce in the states)

Plok

Cool Spot (7/11 Spot or something in the states)

Boogerman

Earthworm Jim

Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse

Also, the SNES version of Doom is absolutely fine for the time, but if you do just want to play Doom and you aren't bothered about the collector element, don't bother with anything but the PC version. Also, afaik it didn't come with a red cart in Europe, incase you're in Europe and you want the red cart (mine is grey). Doom on SNES was easily the best overall console version in my opinion, at least at the time, better versions would hit the Playstation and etc much later.

CapPak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the help!

joseffthered

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would recommend:

E.V.O.: The Search for Eden

7th Saga

Ogre Battle

Cybernator

Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Aetheldod

Super Double Dragon , Cybernator , Ninja Warriors and do not get the doom game , its cheaper on PC and better

Zeds_Dead_Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Double Dragon

EVO

You have all my other favorites that I can remember already listed.

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Metal Warriors if you have someone to play against.

Avatar image for planetfunksquad
planetfunksquad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By planetfunksquad

Nothing to add, except there is no way in hell you're gonna be able to afford Earthbound. But from one collector of classic games to another I wish you luck. Don't let it become an obsession, because it can easily go there. :)

cloudymusic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cloudymusic

If you're getting Illusion of Gaia, you may want to check out Soul Blazer, its prequel. It's a little rougher around the edges by comparison, but some of the things it does are really unique.

Very solid list all around, though; pretty much all of my favorites that I could think up were on there.

TooSweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Super Star Wars

Earthworm Jim

A friend of mind really enjoyed the Warner Bros Cartoon games but I personally never got to try them.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

#14  Edited By Jeust

Ninja Gaiden Trilogy

The Mask

Final Fantasy IV

Final Fantasy VI

Clock Tower

Axelay

Zelda: A Link To The Past

Zombies (instead of Zombies Ate My Neighbours because this version is censored)

Lelcar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

I don't think anyone has said The Legend of the Mystical Ninja yet. That's a fun and challenging co-op game.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actraiser is one of my all-time favorite SNES games! It'd be a crime to leave it off of your list..

Oddly enough, Goof Troop is a fantastic game, especially if you're looking for some fun couch co-op.

White_Lando

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

U.N. Squadron if you enjoy arcade shoot 'em ups.

I'd suggest Demon's Crest and Sunsetriders, but those are pretty pricey. I don't know when the value for Demon's Crest shot up, I know I didn't pay anywhere near what it's going for on eBay when I got it a few years ago.

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#18 FinalDasa  Moderator

If you can find a place near you that sells them I'd say just browse. A few places near me have them available and a lot of the titles are only a few dollars. Sometimes I just buy something because it sounds or looks cool.

I'm not sure how some of their other, more sought after, titles hold up on price compared to Ebay but they usually have some rare titles in a glass case.

Or try a local flea market. Occasionally you'll find the lone guy who isn't selling knives and pellet guns and is selling video games instead.

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

hmmmm, you know.... I wonder if Super Scope 6 games work with today's flat screens? There's a sensor to read them.... kinda want to test it out. Battle Clash, the default super scope 6 and terminator 2 arcade game were pretty good for the light gun genre which is also an odd genre.

Jeust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 15

@chiablo said:

Actraiser is one of my all-time favorite SNES games! It'd be a crime to leave it off of your list..

Oddly enough, Goof Troop is a fantastic game, especially if you're looking for some fun couch co-op.

Goof Troop was awesome!

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cappak: there was also a final fight 3 and another castlevania, I think it was Dracula x. Oh and also a f-zero 2.

Gladius 3

super off road

NBA jam

Joe and mack

rival turf

BBAlpert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Do you actually plan on buying ALL of those games? You probably know this already but that's gonna cost a ton of money.

As for my contribution to the list, I'll say Demon's Crest. Otherwise that's a solid list.

Oh, and don't buy DOOM unless you really want that red cartridge. The SNES version stinks.

If you want a red cartridge, you could always get Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage.

Schatzy23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

The Magical Quest Staring Mickey Mouse. Oh the memories with that game.

Spiderman-Venom Seperation Anxiety and one I've never played but heard was good: Maximum Carnage

Michael Jordan: Chaos in the Windy City

Also, as other have suggested, are you sure you want to go down the expensive rabbit hole to acquire some of these games (Earthbound, Chrono Trigger, etc...). I know a few games are available for download on the WiiU, but who knows how many more Nintendo will continue to put there.

Armoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shadowrun. Pretty cool for its time. Check out some play through on YouTube.

yukoasho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@bbalpert said:

@turtlebird95 said:

If you want a red cartridge, you could always get Spider-Man & Venom: Maximum Carnage.

That game deserves a place in history simply for being the ONLY LJN game that wasn't fucking garbage.

As for hidden gems, if you like JRPGs, there's Inindo: Way of the Ninja, which has you playing a ninja off to avenge your clan's destruction at the hands of Nobunaga Oda.

Biometal is pretty good for side-scrooling shooter action, though the US/EU version may put you off, since the original soundtrack was replaced by synthesized instrumentals of 2 Unlimited music.

Surprisingly, Contra III: The Alien Wars doesn't get talked about often. You'd think a game this awesome would be more popular, especially in light of how famous the NES games are.

Actraiser is a fun little mix of action game and simulation, and it has a gorgeous soundtrack. Just don't get Actraiser 2, it took out all the unique elements of the first game and became yet another stupid hard action platformer with no real redeeming qualities.

If you have your SNES modded to take Japanese games (real simple if you're American, not so much if you're from the PAL territories), get Gokujou Parodius, which is not only a fun little Gradius game, but also fucking crazy in an awesome way. If you're in Europe or have your system modded for PAL games, Parodius and Terranigma are both great. NTSC versions of Terranigma can also be purchased as reproductions from most reputable repro houses.

If you'd like a version of Donkey Kong that actually has ALL the levels from the arcade game, look no further than Classic Kong.

Anyway, there's just a few games off the top of my head. Happy gaming!

stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#26  Edited By stonyman65
  • Demolition Man
  • NBA Jam
  • Ninja Warriors
  • Alien vs Predator
  • Mortal Kombat 2