• 127 results
DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By DeadeyeMcCoy

Poll New "Leaks" Circulating (260 votes)

Real 47%
Fake 52%

Figured I'd make it a poll, just because.

I'm not sure how much interest there is among the GB forums about Smash Bros. (I know there's no particular love for it among the site crew), but for anyone who does take an interest, these new "leaks" of a completed or partially-completed roster have been circulating the Internet for a few days now. None of the new renders seem to have been truly sourced, and it's supposedly leaked from a video intended for viewing by the ESRB.

Personally, I can't make heads or tails of whether it's total bullshit or not especially just over a couple of weeks before the JP launch date, or even if I want it to be. Partially completed this would be alright, but fully completed it would be a bit disappointing.

Somehow though, even though I've never played Xenoblade, I kind of want Shulk now.

• 
Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@hailinel said:

So, where are the Mii Fighters?

If I had to guess, they're absent because they're disabled for competitive play ("for glory" or whatever they call it, I think).

And why is the Ganondorf image mysteriously darker than the portraits surrounding it? Why is Bowser Jr. a part of this roster? (I mean, seriously?) And Dr. Mario and Dark Pit?

This is looking less like a list of realistic options and more like a list of obvious clones that people want to see (and some other questionable choices. Again, Bowser Jr.?).

rinkalicous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@hailinel said:

If I had to guess, they're absent because they're disabled for competitive play ("for glory" or whatever they call it, I think).

Customise mode is off (the bottom screen), so they wouldn't be in it.

xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By xyzygy

FUCKING SHULK!!! YES!

Who is between Sheik and Toon Link?

Also where the is Lucas? He's my main...

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@xyzygy: I think that's supposed to be Ganondorf. Lucas probably got the boot.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Original_Hank
No Caption Provided

saucygiraffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By saucygiraffe

I'm going to go with real, nothing on those screen shots looks completely out there

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By AMyggen

@corruptedevil said:

GODDAMNIT WHY DID NOBODY BUY WONDERFUL 101!?!

Loading Video...

Because "nobody" owns a Wii U.

Also, I don't buy this. There's been so many fake "leaked" character select screens for various games over the years that I just assume they're all fake.

TDot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was sort of hoping they'd get a splatoon kid in there but I guess they didn't have enough time

Shortbreadtom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want to believe.

Are there even going to be any more characters in the game? I don't remember when Brawl came out, but weren't all the characters announced prior to release?

I hope there are more characters because having fewer characters than last time (as is the case at the minute) would be decidedly un-hype.

drac96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

#60  Edited By drac96

I found this handy GIF that shows how real Shulk is.

No Caption Provided

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BradBrains

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's pretty clearly photoshop based on the filter.

BUT DUCK HUNT DOG. MY BODY IS READY

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@hailinel said:
@meatball said:

@hailinel: I would say as far as fake roster screenshots go these ones are worth a little more than that. They're pretty well put together >.>

Also...

I BELIEVE IN DUCKHUNT DOG!

You and your logic will not shake my faith in Duckhunt Dog.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I want to believe.

Are there even going to be any more characters in the game? I don't remember when Brawl came out, but weren't all the characters announced prior to release?

I hope there are more characters because having fewer characters than last time (as is the case at the minute) would be decidedly un-hype.

They left quite a few characters unannounced for Brawl, however it came out in Japan before America and Europe, so the roster was a known quantity by the time any of us played it.

Dixavd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I hope, in some twisted way, that come release day, people find out everything was fake and in fact the only playable characters are the Koopalings(with their baby versions as unlockable).

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Hailinel

This is a couple of months old, but I'm going to leave this here:

No Caption Provided

MEATBALL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You seem awfully angry about this.

Original_Hank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@meatball said:

Not angry as much as I am just baffled that people are still falling for these.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By BisonHero

Haha, that fake that @hailinel threw in there is so great.

Anyway, as much as I want to believe in Duck Hunt Dog, I super duper doubt it. Also, Nintendo is out of they goddamn minds if they think anybody gives enough of a shit about Kid Icarus to include Pit, Palutena, and Emo Pit. The original Kid Icarus games are unremarkable, and despite Kid Icarus: Uprising inexplicably selling 1.1 million worldwide, I still highly doubt they'd go that far. Also there's the obvious absence of Mii fighters. Also, aside from the character portraits themselves, those character and stage select screens are way too plain. Again, the fake Hailinel posted is actually much closer to the way Sora does menus.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you go on the Gamefaqs boards (which you really shouldn't do) there's literally hundreds of threads of people having hissyfits over whether this "leak" is real or not. It's pretty sad and it really makes me appreciate the community here on Giant Bomb a lot more.

As for my thoughts, I'm really thinking this is fake. Yeah, I get there isn't any damming evidence to debunk it. Yeah the Tomodachi stage thing and the black bar glitch are interesting pieces to note. But I just cannot see this being legit. Why?

-The menus are hideous

-The game comes out in like 3 weeks (in Japan) and there's still 10 characters that have not been revealed? That just doesn't seem right...

- Dr Mario and Dark Pit as their own characters? Why?

-Bowser JR? ...

Also people have been trying to connect this "leak" to other "leaks" that occurred earlier this year, in which Nintendo is apparently planning on adding all the cut characters later as DLC. LOL at that for so many reasons.

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

That's pretty cool art to make for a fake thing. Unless they used someone else's art.

slyspider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

No Caption Provided

Holy shit that's an awesome leak, Nintendo really doing so weird name swaps but I'm game!

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

syz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mercury45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not going to make a definitive guess on this leak's veracity either way, because who knows with leaks, man? Remember when Brawl's roster got leaked and people immediately shot it down because of ROB's presence as playable? And I've a long enough memory to recall huge swathes of Pokemon leaks from ages past that got "proven" fake and turned out to be real.

It'd be cool if this was real (simply because the Duck Hunt thing is hilarious), but if it's not then it's no harm done. But I think making declarative statements in either direction is silly.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hailinel said:

No Caption Provided

Oh man, that's super great. Space Dog!

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@hailinel said:

@meatball said:

Not angry as much as I am just baffled that people are still falling for these.

Photoshopping some text onto a picture isn't quite the same as what this guy has done (if it's fake), there are brand new character renders on here and even in game screenshots. I'm not saying we should all just believe it's authentic or anything, chances are it is just a really elaborate troll, but I think some people are writing it off a bit too quickly. Like others have said, this is exactly what happened with Brawl.

Mii Fighter isn't there because the customisation mode is off (he did show screenshots that show the customisation options for them). Dark Pitt was hinted at in a previous trailer and considering Lucina is a separate character, there's no reason to think he wouldn't be as well. Duck Hunt is exactly the type of "huh??" character they like throwing into these games and Bowser Jr was considerably more popular a couple of years ago when this game would have been being designed.

The only questionable thing I see is the positioning of the characters. Yoshi is considered to be part of his own franchise, so it doesn't make sense for him to be inbetween Rosalina and Bowser, especially with Bowser Jr sitting after him. And if they're throwing the clones on the bottom row, why aren't Ganondorf, Toon Link and Falco with them?

DeadeyeMcCoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Man, I love it when people are so adamant about something that is quickly proven wrong.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I love it when people are so adamant about something that is quickly proven wrong.

Yeah, sure. Rub it in. :P

TheMasterDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WdPXbMzR7Zk

Video of the leak. Well fuck. (Link because I'm on my phone)

DeeGee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate to say I told you so but, well, fuck.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow the leaks are real?

Calling Duck Hunt as my new main!

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By pyrodactyl

Holy shit, duck hunt dog.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm kind of disappointed in the roster. No Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta, No Waluigi, No Snake. Fire Emblem Awakening characters are pretty cool though.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deegee: In fairness, it was easy to doubt.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

I'm kind of disappointed in the roster. No Wonderful 101 or Bayonetta, No Waluigi, No Snake. Fire Emblem Awakening characters are pretty cool though.

None of them are terribly likely to make it anyway, but even this "leak roster" is supposedly not final. One of the same leakers apparently said there's 4-5 more characters (and not DLC).

MocBucket62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 7

#91  Edited By MocBucket62

Well, looks like the leaks could be real after all (Hoping this is an elaborate hoax, but the footage looks pretty convincing). Aside from Duck Hunt Dog, kind of bummed with some of the choices for the unlockable new characters, like Bowser Jr, really? Though in general, I actually really like the roster of Smash thus far.

pyrodactyl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@corruptedevil said:

None of them are terribly likely to make it anyway, but even this "leak roster" is supposedly not final. One of the same leakers apparently said there's 4-5 more characters (and not DLC).

That sounds CRAZY. They're already at 48 and I have everything I want in there. If they add more I hope to see some out of nowhere duck hunt dog type shit.

BisonHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By BisonHero

Man, they're really upping the production values on these fakes.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

There are youtube videos. Pretty sure it is safe to say they are real.

Video 1, Video 2.

Plenty more over here.

Also, I believe it is safe to say their will be DLC. Probably 6 considering the open spots.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The ESRB don't actually play the games, do they? That seems like the most conspicuous thing about these images.

But even if they do, there's the whole, "I could have input my name as literally anything, but I entered it as ESRB0083 because I love my job so much and I want my bosses to know it was me who leaked this!" logic that would have to follow.

Correct. They don't. That is why this leak most likely came from a Nintendo person.

Superkenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

@pyrodactyl: Heck, even if this leak still turns out to be an elaborate hoax, and no more characters are announced, I'm happy with the roster as it stands.

I'm hyped for this game no matter what form it takes from here.

AthleticShark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mocbucket62 said:

Well, looks like the leaks could be real after all. Aside from Duck Hunt Dog, kind of bummed with some of the choices for the new characters, like Bowser Jr, really?

It is not like they have that many options. I mean look at the Mario Kart roster, they were pulling at threads for that one. Baby characters? Ugh.

The same "leaker" said Snake and Ice climbers are DLC. 4-6 characters total. Makes sense when looking the the screen. 6 empty spots for characters.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Hailinel

@hellbound: Or former Nintendo person. A breach of NDA like this could easily be a firing offense.

finnyfrock11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where are the mii characters?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Where are the mii characters?

Mii Fighters can only be used when Customize Mode is on. It's not.