Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Game » consists of 3 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

After the end of the world, a young boy explores a deserted Tokyo, searching for other people who still live in the dead world, as well as trying to find out what exactly caused the end of society as we know it.

XSEED Games Drop Muramasa But May Pick Up Something Fragile

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Linkyshinks

As you may already know, XSEED Games recently lost publishing rights to bring Muramasa: The Demon Blade in the west, but now it seems they are considering bringing over Namco-Bandai's Fragile.
    No Caption Provided

A spokesperson for XSEED said the following:
    [We] Appreciate the heads-up on Fragile, it's a title that's been requested many times before so we're looking into it. To everyone that's written in to us, we will expect everyone to get their pre-order in the week that we announce it if we should get lucky enough to work on such a great looking title.

Manachild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By Manachild

Fragile looks good

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r

Would be sweet but it's not the first time they express interest to it.

Axersia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Axersia

Yeah, definitely not the first time they've expressed interest in the title. They've been in talks with Namco Bandai the whole time but they just won't let them have it. They also wanted to bring over the PSP version of Tales of Rebirth (which I consider to be the best in the series btw, so I do hope it gets brought over someday for the Japanese-impaired), but Namco Bandai wouldn't let them have that either.

However, XSEED did state somewhere that if Retro Game Challenge did well it would improve their chances of getting the rights to Fragile, so who knows.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

I  hope they do get it, Fragile may not be the awesome RPG many had hoped it would be, but it is refreshingly different and has many positives from what I can make out.

Namco-Bandai invested heavily in the project, so if XSEED don't get it, I am confident someone will. Even in the design process of the game, the western market was considered. It has to come to the west...

SpinCookie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By SpinCookie

Fragile is Tri Crescendo right?  That has me pretty psyched!

LordAndrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 36

#7  Edited By LordAndrew
    Axersia said:
    "Yeah, definitely not the first time they've expressed interest in the title. They've been in talks with Namco Bandai the whole time but they just won't let them have it. They also wanted to bring over the PSP version of Tales of Rebirth (which I consider to be the best in the series btw, so I do hope it gets brought over someday for the Japanese-impaired), but Namco Bandai wouldn't let them have that either.

However, XSEED did state somewhere that if Retro Game Challenge did well it would improve their chances of getting the rights to Fragile, so who knows."
    "Thanks for the kind words. We would love nothing more than to work on Retro Game Challenge 2, however, sales of Retro Game Challenge aren't quite there to warrant bringing over the sequel yet."
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939911&topic=49066889

Seems to indicate that Retro Game Challenge didn't sell too well, unfortunately. Buy the damn game, people!
    Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Linkyshinks

LordAndrew said:
    "Axersia said:
    "Yeah, definitely not the first time they've expressed interest in the title. They've been in talks with Namco Bandai the whole time but they just won't let them have it. They also wanted to bring over the PSP version of Tales of Rebirth (which I consider to be the best in the series btw, so I do hope it gets brought over someday for the Japanese-impaired), but Namco Bandai wouldn't let them have that either.

However, XSEED did state somewhere that if Retro Game Challenge did well it would improve their chances of getting the rights to Fragile, so who knows."
    "Thanks for the kind words. We would love nothing more than to work on Retro Game Challenge 2, however, sales of Retro Game Challenge aren't quite there to warrant bringing over the sequel yet."
    http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=939911&topic=49066889Seems to indicate that Retro Game Challenge didn't sell too well, unfortunately. Buy the damn game, people!"

T'is a shame, I love that game, and all that I have shown it to love it also.  I really think a game like that would sell very well on DSiWare, I hope such games are brought over at some point.

Hopefully those sales for will not effect this games release here, I don't think they should. It was always going to be a niche game that only Retro lovers such as myself would buy.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#9  Edited By Meowayne

Time for an internet petition!

Bring Fragile to wester terretories

Surely it will make a MAJOR impact. But o well. It can't hurt, can it?

And as a reminder, this is the game we're talking about:

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Meowayne

I sincerely apologize to everyone who thought me bumping this thread had anything to do with good news in regards to this game.

Godwind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Godwind

Its cool dude.  I didn't see this thread earlier.  The girl with the blond/Silver hair disturbs me.

Luke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Luke

This game looks really gewd and there's no reason it shouldn't be brought to the U.S.! 

Seeing stuff like this makes me wish I was born in Japan.  Even just knowing the language isn't enough, as Nintendo makes you jump through hoops to get import games to even run on an out of region console. 

It just really sucks living in a Country where games like Madden sell better than JRPG's... I'm surrounded by a bunch of people with really bad taste :p

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Meowayne
    Luke said:
    "This game looks really gewd and there's no reason it shouldn't be brought to the U.S.! 
    I read that this game is practically riddled with references to japanese culture, religion, way of life etc. and that a non-japanese person would have a hard time understandding or following some of the stuff that's going on in the game. So that might be a reason those responsible didn't think this suitable for a NA/EU release.

Don't know about the reception and the sales, though. Those might have a word on it as well. Localizing such a game must be relatively expensive.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.