Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Full Throttle

Game » consists of 8 releases. Released Apr 20, 1995

This post-apocalyptic adventure game from LucasArts follows a tough-as-nails biker named Ben, leader of the Polecats, a motorcycle gang.

A truly great game..

Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Unreal

One if the all-time classics.

Magnum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Magnum

I love this game. A sequel would make my day.

Unreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Unreal

A sequel.. I think they tried to make one a long time ago. I don't think they ever finished development for it though.

If they ever brought it back, it would have to be really similar to the first game, in terms of gameplay and story. I'd also like to see a lot of returning characters.

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Whisperkill

Itsnt Brutal Legend similar?, plus its made by Tim Shaefer

trace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By trace

They've tried to make a sequel to Full Throttle in the past. Two attempts, as I recall.

The first attempt never got off the ground and was canned, but the second sequel attempt got far enough to have a promo video and demo. It was more of an action game with emphasis on fighting, and made Ben and the whole Full Throttle universe look more cartoony and stereotyped. LucasArts canceled the game shortly afterwards, citing dissatisfaction with the quality (and considering fan response and my own opinion, I can agree with their decision).

With Roy Conrad, the voice of Ben, long dead, and adventure games struggling in their own right, I can't imagine a sequel happening. I'd love to be wrong, though...provided a sequel didn't disgrace what the first game accomplished.

Kowalski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Kowalski

Full Throttle is one of my all-time favorite games. The cinematic graphics, the storyline and voice acting are one of the best in any game. Too bad you could play it all through in like 45 minutes if you know what to do instantly. On the other hand, playing it now, it's almost like playing an interactive movie.

Awesome game! So awesome I just created an article for it :D

Relys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Relys

I need to get around to playing this... I loved Phychonauts and Grim Fandango.

Avatar image for deactivated-63aed1f3cc082
    deactivated-63aed1f3cc082

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Oh, yeah.  Great game.  Man, I hope I still have the disc around here somewhere.  It's a short one, too.  I gotta hunt around the apartment now.

jok3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By jok3r

One of the best games ever made, and I only got to the part where the trucker breaks the bridge... i could never figure out how to get past that part, I played it over and over and over again, beating it until that point, and i just couldn't figure out what to do. that was before I knew there was a little thing called guides. lol. fantastic game.

reflekshun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By reflekshun

Yes this is definitely one of the best games ever made, its such a solid piece of entertainment. Every aspect of the game was attended to with great care and love. You could just tell, each little thing was there because the people working on it loved the project, cos it just kicked so much ass in all aspects! Everyone should play this at least once!

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By oraknabo

I decided to sit down and play this through beginning to end a couple of nights ago and this game still blows me away.

I'm glad the sequel never happened because it looked terrible, but this game really makes me more excited about Brutal Legend than I was before. Let's hope it still happens!

Evilmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#12  Edited By Evilmetal

Ben: Let me go, or else...
    Maureen: Or else what?
    Ben: I'll call you names!
    Maureen: Ooh! Like what?
    Ben: Diapered Dynamo!

rofl...

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Meowayne

Been playing it on the Wii lately. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.