Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

Gears of War 2

Game » consists of 13 releases. Released Nov 07, 2008

Join Delta Squad once more in the fight against the Locust Horde, in this "bigger, better and more badass" sequel to the 2006 smash hit.

Do you quit a match early?

bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By bombHills
    bombHills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By bombHills

Just wondering... I have been really frustrated with people leaving lately.  I played around 7 matches last night and not one of them was a full 5 vs. 5 game.

clubsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By clubsandwich

only if it's laggy.

Avatar image for masturbatingbear
    MasturbatingBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MasturbatingBear

I was gonna say, why did no one hit no never. I hit yes just for the lulz. Also cause I know lots of people who do.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By Discorsi

if laggy bs happens yes. 

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup

Where in the fuck is D?

D. Little shits who had an absentee father that never taught them something called respect that bridge and standby.
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only play Horde in public matches, and when it's ridiculously laggy, I'll leave. 

c1337us

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By c1337us

I'd only drop out of any game if something more important then playing video games came up urgently. Otherwise I would stick it out.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9  Edited By Karmum

Not on purpose, sometimes it will kick me out because I get disconnected from the game. Other than that, no.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Only if its laggy or someone on my team has all ready left, Gears is a game that requires that other person to be on your team because more often then not you will lose going againest 5 enemy with only 4 oh there are times you can win but more often then not you wont.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
    deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

c1337us said:
    "I'd only drop out of any game if something more important then playing video games came up urgently. Otherwise I would stick it out. "
    "GO WAY! BATIN!"
    Avatar image for deactivated-61665c8292280
    deactivated-61665c8292280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Only if its laggy or someone on my team has all ready left, Gears is a game that requires that other person to be on your team because more often then not you will lose going againest 5 enemy with only 4 oh there are times you can win but more often then not you wont.

"
    See, I have a pessimist's outlook on the competitive multiplayer.  I fully anticipate getting destroyed by other people.  That way, I can just have fun getting blown to bits.  If I'm "in it to win it," as they say, then I'm going to just get frustrated and I'll leave anyhow.
    dsplayer1010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#13  Edited By dsplayer1010

D) If it's incredibly laggy or if I have to go

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
    Sir_Ragnarok said:
    "WilliamRLBaker said:
    "Only if its laggy or someone on my team has all ready left, Gears is a game that requires that other person to be on your team because more often then not you will lose going againest 5 enemy with only 4 oh there are times you can win but more often then not you wont.

"
    See, I have a pessimist's outlook on the competitive multiplayer.  I fully anticipate getting destroyed by other people.  That way, I can just have fun getting blown to bits.  If I'm "in it to win it," as they say, then I'm going to just get frustrated and I'll leave anyhow.
    "
    I would too on a no laggy game or host advantage game but some of the occurances on gears of war 2 are just insane.

Torq bow shots not sticking to people even though i held it pulled more then long enough.
    2 peice *melee then shotgun blast* not working ill hit some mofo then either aim and shoot him and he'll survive it, or ill blind fire and hit him and he'll survive it.
    Melee attacks where ill hit him but it doesn't phase him and he'll get a shot in killing me.
    Grenades blowing up on a enemies position and it not damaging them at all.

Let alone that Gears of war 2 still has problems even after the last title update often my blind fire wont hit people which was supposed to have been fixed, and quite a few of the glitches are still around people just have to do more stuff to get them. but thats one of epics falings they've never been good at netcode all their games outside of a dedicated server enviorment suck in this regard, and they have never been good at fixing glitches.
    bwooduhs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By bwooduhs

If i have to go

SoothsayerGB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By SoothsayerGB

I do if it's laggy, or if I want to change my set up.  If I Need to do something.  Like, if i'm playing CoD4 and getting shotgunned in the face.  I might quit if I don't have a good set up.

It's the Dev's fault.  For not letting me create a custom gun during play and for always making me the host.  Which is mostly due to the fact most people ditch early because of clans or maps.

I have to admit thoe, I really love cancelling everyone's game on a tie. 

But it really depends on the game.  I usually stay even if I don't want to.  Just to let the other's finish up.  As long as they deserve it.  Always give a reach around.  ; )  But in games like Horde, in Gears.  I ditch out if someone leaves.  I'm not good enough to win all 50 waves with only 1 other guy and once again.  That's the devs fault.  For not allowing public matches to be altered, difficulty wise and maps.  Gear just blows all together now.  Epic fail.

But if it's something like SF4.  I just take a beating.  Never leave those because the matches are over so quick and if the other guy does.  I win anyway.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ArchScabby

man I don't play GeOw2 very much, but when I do 90% of the time someone leaves a game.  Which is just sad since you have to back out all the way to the dashboard just to quit.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Captain_Fookup
    ArchScabby said:
    "man I don't play GeOw2 very much, but when I do 90% of the time someone leaves a game.  Which is just sad since you have to back out all the way to the dashboard just to quit.
    "
    Or just sign out then sign in again.
    ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ArchScabby
    Captain_Fookup said:
    "ArchScabby said:
    "man I don't play GeOw2 very much, but when I do 90% of the time someone leaves a game.  Which is just sad since you have to back out all the way to the dashboard just to quit.
    "
    Or just sign out then sign in again.
    "
    either way...
    WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Or have a friend send you an invite and it backs you out.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By crunchUK

I quit when it's unplayably laggy. And by that i dont mean "WTF MAI SHOTGUNZ AR MISD OMG LAGZ LIEK FUK"

carlthenimrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By carlthenimrod

I'll leave if it is laggy or if other people on my team have quit and the outcome of the match is already decided. I normally play territories and if the teams aren't even then it just becomes a waste of time. If i'm losing 5 v. 5 I will stick around and take the loss. I don't care about the rankings but I just don't feel like wasting my time playing broken matches.

Tom_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tom_H

I usually leave if the game is laggy or if I get bored which seems to be quite a bit on Gears 2. I'll make it through 3 or 4 games but when it comes to the one after that I just get bored midway through the game and quit.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.