Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War III

Game » consists of 14 releases. Released Mar 16, 2010

God of War III puts players back in the role of Kratos to continue his brutal and bloody war against Olympus as he sets his sights on Zeus himself.

New, New God Of War III Screens Of Holy Fuck...

• 100 results
    ravensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By ravensword

Where the Titans bigger than the gods in size? Im not too familiar with Greek Mythology.
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#52  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @Geno said:
    " @get2sammyb said:

Adios "bad graphics" folk. 

Why? This still isn't very impressive. Take note that the picture is extremely downscaled, there must be at least 3x3 pseudo supersampling in that pic due to that. Even then it looks pretty bad. I'm not being picky of console graphics; Killzone 2 and Uncharted 2 looked amazing, this does not. "
    Yeah... umm no. According to IGN the game looks mind bowing now, with motion bur, depth of field and other crazy effects added on. Plus the scale is enormous. I don't understand how you think it looks not great let alone pretty bad...
    pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By pause422

I am still looking forward to the game, but I'm not going to lie and say the visuals look all that impressive. Especially after Uncharted 2. They look like they have improved since the E3 demo, yes, and still good looking, but I can't see what people are 'drooling' over.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#54  Edited By Linkyshinks

I'm posting these large so everyone can better appreciate them.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I only look at screenshots with a life bar and hud, which happens everytime kratos hits someone or uses his weapon because i've seen the video. I know what bullshots looks like. Here is a great article on it.   

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-media-manipulation-article     

Also you will see real screenshots after a few months for most sony ps3 exclusives with huds and life bars, ingame. A game goes though stages, alpha, beta and relased, which it's probally at beta right now. You can read all about the techniques that are used in that article. Pc gamers like me can spot a bullshot right away, we know not everything has perfect anti aliasing on consoles.

TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By TheFreeMan

God, this game looks really damn good. The scale is humongous. Not quite Uncharted 2 good, but damn......fighting on the Titan in real-time while it's moving around should be amazing (unless there's QTE every couple seconds, that would be annoying). I want to see the trailer now.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57  Edited By Linkyshinks

@HitmanAgent47
    said:
    "

I only look at screenshots with a life bar and hud, which happens everytime kratos hits someone or uses his weapon because i've seen the video. I know what bullshots looks like. Here is a great article on it.   

Also you will see real screenshots after a few months for most sony ps3 exclusives with huds and life bars, ingame. A game goes though stages, alpha, beta and relased, which it's probally at beta right now. You can read all about the techniques that are used in that article. Pc gamers like me can spot a bullshot right away, we know not everything has perfect anti aliasing on consoles.

"
    I really don't think anyone cares whether these shots are taken from a workstation or from a PS3,  I know I've posted them above simply for the quality of the art displayed, not the technical prowess.
    xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By xyzygy
    @HitmanAgent47 said:
    "

"
    Hey yeah, why hasn't anyone mentioned this before? I remember when God of War 2 was coming out and they released some screenshots... they looked way better than what the actual game was like. The same deal will probably go here.
    eric_buck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By eric_buck
    @get2sammyb: Trust me. Everybody watches the superbowl (even Canadians). It's a pretty big deal and lot's of people just watch for the super awesome commercials.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#60  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Linkyshinks: Awesome cheers, Linky.

@Eric_Buck: Yeah, I wonder if the Sony marketing budget can stretch to an occassion that is such a big deal then?
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By get2sammyb

@HitmanAgent47: You know, I find it ironic we've gone from, "it looks no better than Heavenly Sword," to, "these are bullshots" argument -- but either way, the fact is there are an armful of journalists around the 'net (the hands-on previews are easy to find) who have played this section and are absolutely waxing lyrical about the visuals (Joystiq said that at the same event Dante's Inferno looked "last gen" next to this new demo); so even if the screens are bullshots, it matters not one iota, 'cos yo, people with credibility played it and said it was totally mind-blowing; and clearly very close to these screens whether they've had the odd touch up or not.

EDIT: I'mma try update the main thread.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Diamond
    @HitmanAgent47: In the end points such as that are irrelevant because the game will look the same, only with more jaggies.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By get2sammyb

It's also worth noting that Sony exclusive developers tend to design their assets in a way that doesn't require the levels of aliasing that you need in other games. I don't remember God Of War II being particularly jaggy either.

I'm not a tech guy but I swear it comes down to the type of assets they use and how they use them. Similar story in Uncharted 2, which has very few jaggies considering the amount of detail.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TwoOneFive

man oh man.  

people are dumb 

GOW3 will win best graphics 2010

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Diamond
    @get2sammyb: I've never noticed aliasing in Uncharted 2, and that only has 2xAA to my knowledge.  It's not true for every PS3 exclusive game, the aliasing in Minna no Golf 5 bothered me a bit.
    ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By ryanwho
    @TwoOneFive said:
    "   GOW3 will win best graphics 2010 "
    @TwoOneFive said:
    "  people are dumb   "
    As long as you ignore the PC it might as well not exist I guess.
    Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Diamond
    @ryanwho said:
    As long as you ignore the PC it might as well not exist I guess.
    What PC game in 2010 is gonna look better?  Crysis 2 (well, it's weird that it currently has an early 2010 release date, but it may come out this year) will definitely be in the running, I'll give you that.
    wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#68  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

The scale is crazy in those screens. Just wondering why the graphics are so important when the game is going to be fun as hell just like the last two. I just want to hack dudes to death in as violent a manner as possible. That's what makes it an awesome game IMO. I'm not saying graphics are unimportant, I just think people are jumping to some crazy conclusions before actually seeing the finished product.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By AuthenticM

Those guys need to do a sequel to Heavenly Sword.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#70  Edited By TheHBK

Looks ok, but I really think they are using this scale thing to make the graphics seem better than they actually are.  Making Kratos small doesnt mean the world is so full of detail, especially when thats the extent of what the game is drawing at the moment.  Plus whats up with the ugly textures in the left bottom corner in the third shot?  At first I thought it might be blurring from focus, but then I see there is none of that in the rest of the shot, it looks bad.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Diamond
    @TheHBK said:
    Plus whats up with the ugly textures in the left bottom corner in the third shot?  At first I thought it might be blurring from focus, but then I see there is none of that in the rest of the shot, it looks bad.
    It's definitely some post processing effect, DOF, motion blur or something.  Look just to the left and right of Kratos in that same shot.  The scene will probably make more sense in motion.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#72  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @get2sammyb said:
    Similar story in Uncharted 2, which has very few jaggies considering the amount of detail. "
    I don't know if I would agree with that. Uncharted 2 is certainly the best looking console game to date in my opinion but it still had jaggies, lots of jaggies. Luckily, the game looked so good that it was easy to avoid concentrating on them.

As I tend to go back and forth between 360 and PS3 regularly I find I get hit with those jaggies everytime I go back to my PS3 - it ain't a dealbreaker but it usually takes some play time to get them off my mind.

Come to think of it tho, I don't remember much in the way of jaggies in LittleBigPlanet?

The real shame here is that a game with great art and great gameplay like God of War 3 has to bear the burden of being looked at on a tech demo level.
    Ghostiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#73  Edited By Ghostiet

People are losing the point of those pics. The point are not the graphics.

The point is that Kratos, looking like an ant, walks on the back of the FUCKING MOTHER OF ZEUS.

defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By defaulttag
    @ProfessorEss: Yup, Uncharted 2 did have jaggies. Especially when you looked further away from Nathan and into the background. I'm sure God of War III will have jaggies as well. The E3 Demo had plenty of them. Have you seen that Chimaera's mane? The lion's hair had lots of jaggies and poor transparency antialiasing. I just got used to them in console games. If the game looks good enough, those jaggies are easily ignored. But on PC, I use as much antialiasing as I can while keeping it at 60fps.
    Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#75  Edited By Snail

Crysis still looks better.

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @defaulttag said:
    But on PC, I use as much antialiasing as I can while keeping it at 60fps. "
    My job has me on a PC monday to Friday 9:30-5:30.
    This has resulted in the PC no longer being a viable gaming platform for me :)  

@Ghostiet said:
    The point is that Kratos, looking like an ant, walks on the back of the FUCKING MOTHER OF ZEUS. "
    Nail head hit.
    defaulttag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By defaulttag
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @defaulttag said:
    But on PC, I use as much antialiasing as I can while keeping it at 60fps. "
    My job has me on a PC monday to Friday 9:30-5:30.
    This has resulted in the PC no longer being a viable gaming platform for me :)  

@Ghostiet said:
    The point is that Kratos, looking like an ant, walks on the back of the FUCKING MOTHER OF ZEUS. "
    Nail head hit. "
    Actually dude. Zeus's mother was a human if you played God of War II. Gaia is the titan Kratos is walking on, the MOTHER OF THE ENTIRE EARTH!!!
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By get2sammyb
    @ProfessorEss: Right, it does have jaggies you're right, but it uses LESS AA than other games, and gets away with it because of the way the assets and textures are designed. Which is the point I was trying to make.

Somehow, most Sony exclusives make do with less AA than most multiplatform releases, yet still look less jaggy, which I remember reading is to do with the way they do the assets.

@Ghostiet said:
    "

People are losing the point of those pics. The point are not the graphics.

The point is that Kratos, looking like an ant, walks on the back of the FUCKING MOTHER OF ZEUS.

"
    Yup, finally. Which to be honest is what I'm most excited about. Now I just want the effing trailer. Come on Sony, make a date.
    ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By ProfessorEss
    @get2sammyb said:
    Come on Sony, make a date. "
    Considering recent track records, I'm almost more comfortable with out dates ;)
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By get2sammyb
    @ProfessorEss: Ah-hahaha. Yes. Point well made! :)
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#81  Edited By damswedon

so what happened to the whole working with the titans that number 2 was alluding to?  
    so far everything about God of War 3 has turned me off, but then i was kinda sick of the games by the end of Number 2.

TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By TwoOneFive

o god here come the pc fanboys.  

what you guys never seem to grasp is the difference in the qaulity of the graphics.  

pc has the best performance hands down.  
    but nothing on pc looks as awesome as Uncharted 2. sure you can show me all of the worn out Crysis screens you want, but damnit guys, Uncharted 2, in the end, still looks like a cooler games when you play it.  
    Same will go for GOW3. There will be NOTHING on PC to compare it to in terms of of the visuals and what is being done in gameplay. 

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#83  Edited By ajamafalous

They really don't look all that impressive to me.

DuhQbnSiLo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By DuhQbnSiLo
    @Geno:  OMG SOMEONE THAT SEES WHAT I SEE!!! THANK YOU!!!! GoW is good but SOOOOOOOOOOO overrated.
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By get2sammyb
    LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#86  Edited By LiquidPrince
    @ProfessorEss said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    Similar story in Uncharted 2, which has very few jaggies considering the amount of detail. "
    I don't know if I would agree with that. Uncharted 2 is certainly the best looking console game to date in my opinion but it still had jaggies, lots of jaggies. Luckily, the game looked so good that it was easy to avoid concentrating on them.  As I tend to go back and forth between 360 and PS3 regularly I find I get hit with those jaggies everytime I go back to my PS3 - it ain't a dealbreaker but it usually takes some play time to get them off my mind.  Come to think of it tho, I don't remember much in the way of jaggies in LittleBigPlanet?  The real shame here is that a game with great art and great gameplay like God of War 3 has to bear the burden of being looked at on a tech demo level. "
    Sharpness on your TV should be zero. That should help.
    TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By TwoOneFive

anyone bitching and saying graphics not so good will be hiding once goty awards roll around.  
    the sheer epic size and scope of these graphic are enough to more than impress even the most hardcore crysis fanboy: 

the majority of the game is like that. most of the environments are absolutely massive, many of which take place on the titans that are alive and moving constantly. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By get2sammyb
    @TwoOneFive: I hadn't seen that screenshot.
    damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#89  Edited By damswedon
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @damswedon: You are working with the Titans.
    "
    thanks for that, I saw a man on a big thing and immediately had Shadow of the Colossus vibes.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By mordukai
    @get2sammyb said:
    " @TwoOneFive: I hadn't seen that screenshot. "
    Did you noticed Kratos in that shot? 
    eclipsesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By eclipsesis

@HitmanAgent47:

You again, don't you ever get tired of trolling PS3 games first Uncharted 2 now this. 
    get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By get2sammyb
    @Mordukai: It honestly took me a while. I gotta say though, as awesome as all these scaled shots are, it's going to be a nightmare for people still on SD TVs. I appreciate this is a PS3 game, where the intention is to play in HD, but there's still a lot of people playing in SD.

I imagine Santa Monica are aware of that though. Based on the God Of War "behind the scenes" documentaries they seem very thorough to attention to detail. I can't imagine the team would ignore those playing on SD.
    s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#93  Edited By s-a-n-JR

Holy...
    copycatzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By copycatzen
    @Sanj said:
    "Holy... "

... crap
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @eclipsesis said:
    "

@HitmanAgent47:

You again, don't you ever get tired of trolling PS3 games first Uncharted 2 now this.  "
    Don't worry about him dude, i guess he is just one of those PC users who can appreciate good looking games on other platforms. But if you look at his latest GB update it looks like he is blaming the site and the mods for his frustrations and unfair treatment.  

No offense to HitmanAgen74, but you are taking it way too seriously.
    BraveFart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By BraveFart

i thought ooooh this is gonna be some average ingame screens...

but then i clicked the thread and i......

HOLY FUCKED !!!!!!!

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#97  Edited By Andorski

Not to rub this games d*ck even more... but it's as if the Santa Monica studios looked at Uncharted 2 and said:

Dev 1: "Nathan Drake just had a fucking gunfight in a falling building and then survived by jumping into another fucking building.  How can we top that?"

Dev 2: "Kratos can fight on the back of Greek mythical giant?"

Dev 1: "I need more..."

Dev 3: "Kratos can fight on the back of a Freek mythical giant while it's climbing fuckin' Mount Olympus!"

Dev 1: "Finally!  Get to work now."

Alphiehyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By Alphiehyr
    @get2sammyb said:
    "Trailer now delayed. Rumoured for Super Bowl. Full set of screens and hands-on at Joystiq.  Adios "bad graphics" folk.  "The demo was incredibly short, perhaps two or three minutes long. But that's all Santa Monica Studios needed to effectively demonstrate the scope of their vision."
    And to effectively brainwash little kids into buying it.
    MeierTheRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By MeierTheRed
    @Alphiehyr said:
    " @get2sammyb said:
    "Trailer now delayed. Rumoured for Super Bowl. Full set of screens and hands-on at Joystiq.  Adios "bad graphics" folk.  "The demo was incredibly short, perhaps two or three minutes long. But that's all Santa Monica Studios needed to effectively demonstrate the scope of their vision."
    And to effectively brainwash little kids into buying it. "  
    They sure brainwashed this 27 year old kid, and all it took was a God of War 3 announcement, no fancy trailer or a screenshot, amazing.
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By mordukai
    @Andorski said:

" Not to rub this games d*ck even more... but it's as if the Santa Monica studios looked at Uncharted 2 and said:

Dev 1: "Nathan Drake just had a fucking gunfight in a falling building and then survived by jumping into another fucking building.  How can we top that?"

Dev 2: "Kratos can fight on the back of Greek mythical giant?"

Dev 1: "I need more..."

Dev 3: "Kratos can fight on the back of a Freek mythical giant while it's climbing fuckin' Mount Olympus!"

Dev 1: "Finally!  Get to work now." "

I wouldn't be surprised if ND even helped them with that...LOL they are situated just up the street from them. ND has great relationship with most of Sony's first party developer and studio Santa Monica has even admitted that ND was a major help to them.  

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.