Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

God of War

Franchise »

The God of War franchise is a series of action-adventure games available on Sony PlayStation consoles. It chronicles the exploits of the anti-hero Kratos and his quest for revenge on the Greek Gods for the death of his family.

God of War Collection Announced - First Two Coming to PS3

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By RHCPfan24

Wow. I am not the biggest God of War fan in the world but this news seems pretty awesome. IGN is reporting that Sony will release a "God of War Collection," including the first and second God of War games on one Blu-Ray. They will have reworked, 720p graphics and Trophy support. They are also pushing 60 frames-per-second and they, naturally will be a PS3 only game. So, yeah, me and my non-backwards compatible PS3 finally have a break!!!

The title is reported to be coming out "this holiday season." What do you think of this?

No Caption Provided

brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

This is interesting. I wonder if this will lead to other games being remastered.

Griddler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 15

#3  Edited By Griddler

Pure awesomeness. I've been waiting for an oppurtunity to play those games.

MetalGearSunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By MetalGearSunny

I only need to say this:

Sex mini-games in 720p. Yes.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RHCPfan24
    mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By mordukai
    @RHCPfan24: I am sorry dude. I feel like shit for stealing your thunder. 
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RHCPfan24
    @Mordukai: No problem dude I think we both found out these news at the same moment. Now, I made another GTA: Chinatown Wars thread and it looks like no one else posted it. Good good.
    RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RHCPfan24

Hmmm....I did not expect this but anyway, carry on!! I guess the discussion is here now!!!

chaser324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By chaser324  Moderator

My comment from the other thread:

@Jimbo said:

" This is awesome, I bought a second hand PS2 (having sold my first one) so that I could play God 2 and it proceeded to destroy every disc that got put in it.  I never did get to finish it. "

I actually had a similar problem. I had never had any trouble with my six year old launch PS2 until this game. No amount of cleaning the laser lens was able to get me more than halfway through GoW2 and its dense dual-layer DVD.

Luckily I had borrowed this game from someone else so I didn't end up with an unplayable game just sitting on my shelf. 
    Otacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Otacon

I missed the first God Of War so this is great.

Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11  Edited By Karmum

I never did play either game that much (although there is a copy of God of War I sitting in my room), so I will definitely pick this up. Whenever I get the money for a Playstation 3.

Iggins

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By Iggins

Radical! So who else is buying this even tho they've already played the first two to death? I'll get this just for trophies and nicer graphics.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lashe

60fps is enough to get me excited, I never played the first couple because they felt pretty sluggish. 

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By TheHBK

@Mordukai:
    Ok back to my point. Why are these games not in 1080p?  Seems pretty damn lame considering that they are not redrawing anything.  Yes 720p native is better than upscaled 1080.  But too bad the PS3 doesnt upscale!  If you are on a 1080p tv and the game is native 720, the TV will switch to that.  Check it next time you are playing a PS3 game that is 720, your tv's info will say 720 on the resolution. 
    But ok, so why isn't it 1080p native?  These are PS2 games, i want a little more effort here.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By ververdan0226

Trophies!!!!

Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Vade

Hope they do more than remastering because GoW isn't a good game by modern standards. Heck, didn't even understand the hype when it first came out. It was a painful experience after playing games like DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden.

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 4

#17  Edited By me3639

Any time frame on an previews? Its about a month away and still havent seen or heard anything.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Andorski
    @Vade said:
    " Hope they do more than remastering because GoW isn't a good game by modern standards. Heck, didn't even understand the hype when it first came out. It was a painful experience after playing games like DMC3 and Ninja Gaiden. "
    I found GoW2 to be great, and that game came out in 2007.  The combo system is definitely not as complex as DMC and Ninja Gaiden, but I found that to be a good thing.  It is much more accessible to players who don't usually play this genre of games.  Still, the combat felt very visceral and devastating without the need of multiple button inputs to do the moves.
    Vade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Vade
    @Andorski: Atleast in GoW the main problem of the combat system was that you couldn't cancel out of combos. You'd be locked in the attack cycle and be vulnerable to any attack without any means to defend yourself. That's why I quickly adapted a more mashy strategy of just spamming weak attack and grabs / quick time instant kills. In NG and DMC there's some kind of dodging/blocking option even though you're executing a combo, possibly some invulnerable frames in certain moves etc.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.